Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman (35086 Views)

Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / JAC Strike:OAU NASU Chairman Docked Over Assault Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Goldkush: 10:57am On Feb 21
Send your number
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by kennie2015(m): 10:58am On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
So what exactly was the woman doing in the lions den?
It is not wise to oppose without coming up with fact, I guess you are there to narrate what transpired, not sheeply talking

2 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Procashtips(m): 11:03am On Feb 21
fergie001:
It was shot dead. I watched the video, the man was also not rushed to anywhere.

He was lying motionless, and the first act they did out of annoyance was kill the lion.

How would they have attended to the man while the lion is still roaming free in its den?
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Zooposki(f): 11:03am On Feb 21
Edusouls:
Chai women causing untimely and tragic death to men since creation no be today, such a rare veterinary technologist killed by the beast he raised, the beast saw something unusual in the woman and attacked her, then the man trying to save her angered the beast more facing him squarely and mauled him to death, beast and the man that raised him dead, woman saved..

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:03am On Feb 21
Chai! He died a Hero. Became a bullet a prey for her. embarassed
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ChrisIntegral(m): 11:04am On Feb 21
But why was the lion killed?
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by yemmit90: 11:04am On Feb 21
Amotolongbo:
This doesn’t add up.
I would rather wait for the School Authority to release the report

Was the lion roaming freely in the zoo garden like ekuke, or how was it attacking people?

I had the opportunity of visiting the zoo about 3times, the lions’ den had high perimeter metal wire (about 20m high) round it.

The lion probably broke out from the rotten metal wire. I went to the same zoo about 10 years ago, if you see the horrible state of wire metal around the lions den, you will be surprise how those working there did not raise alarm and fix it with new wire.

Even we the visitors had to flee the place immediately we saw it that day. I am very sure the same wire will still be there till this moment. Nigeria and Nigerians has fail themselves thinking we are smart by not doing the right thing.

RIP to the dead, he failed in carry out his duty but unfortunately, he paid for it with his life.

4 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Procashtips(m): 11:04am On Feb 21
Chucks13:
I knew they will twist the story.

Ok give us the name of the woman?

We need video tape or evidence of the woman got trapped with the Lion?

Produce any eyewitness with evidence to show a woman was I trapped with the Lion and the man wanted to rescue her and got devoured?

To what end?
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by GanagiBitrus: 11:04am On Feb 21
Oblongata:
Once the Lion had tasted human blood there was no going back!

As it had attacked the woman and probably tasted her blood, every human became a potential prey!

In a saner clime, during the attack on the woman, the Lion would have been darted (with tranquilizers) and eventually euthanized because it had tasted human blood.

The system failed the victims.
How will every human become potential prey for a lion that is locked up inside a cage.

3 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ObalendeCMS: 11:06am On Feb 21
Engaging in a high risk job with litte to no enough PPE & a measly pay is the reason why I left the weldering job I so much love.

Likely to continue when I get to "Uptown".
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ogawisdom(m): 11:07am On Feb 21
Lesson - Love yourself first

There was no reason going to rescue a woman held by lion unarmed.

He should have gone with a gun.

2 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Bigprik: 11:07am On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
abi she be Danielle?

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Chucks13: 11:08am On Feb 21
Procashtips:

To what end?

For proper investigation, review and recommendation to avoid such occurrence in the future.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ashawopikin(m): 11:10am On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
i saw the video, the man was laying there on the floor, no one rushed him to any health center, they only shot the lioness

2 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by fergie001: 11:10am On Feb 21
Procashtips:

How would they have attended to the man while the lion is still roaming free in its den?
From the video, the man was lying motionless outside the den (probably dead).
Then the hunters were called upon, and the anger and rage.. In Yoruba dialect " kill the nonsense" "ko ni da fun" etc and they shot the lion inside its den.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Procashtips(m): 11:12am On Feb 21
fergie001:

From the video, the man was lying motionless outside the den (probably dead).
Then the hunters were called upon, and the anger and rage.. In Yoruba dialect " kill the nonsense" "ko ni da fun" etc and they shot the lion inside its den.

Meaning they brought the man out when he was already dead.

As for the lion, killing it was the best since it has tasted human blood.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Procashtips(m): 11:13am On Feb 21
Chucks13:

For proper investigation, review and recommendation to avoid such occurrence in the future.

But they already gave you the result of their investigation which isn't sitting well with you.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by autodoctor: 11:15am On Feb 21
This story has refused to add up.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by eepeepook: 11:15am On Feb 21
So, he died a simp? This story is a lie. If a wild animal picks a target, it doesn't change to another regardless of outside interference. Make them talk truth. Them no go die if them tell us wetin really happen. Negligence killed the man. In any industrial environment, oldies are the ones who get hurt the most. "I've done this a million times," "I've done this a million times," na him machine catch expert cloth grind am to minced meat.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Honestey: 11:15am On Feb 21
When the incidence happened, there was no mention of any woman and the man died right at the zoo garden going by what was uploaded that day, so where is this now cock and bull story coming from?
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ashawopikin(m): 11:17am On Feb 21
Orlu13:
mumu man..he went to rescue a woman

from time to time, u have never seen women die fr men only men dying fr a woman yet these useless gender will still be saying trash abt men forming women power upandan
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Kajaard: 11:17am On Feb 21
ValCon888:
A lion was killed for being a lion. That is what I know.

My thoughts exactly
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by idogbe14170: 11:19am On Feb 21
This is hard to believe.This is hard to believe....
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by EmmyMaestro(m): 11:20am On Feb 21
MrReeseG:

Person dey correct you, you dey follow am argue

Euthanasia is mercy killing
What they did to the lion was no mercy killing, you don't euthanize someone or something by shooting them point blank

Weather they shoot gun or they used injection they are all the same

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by fergie001: 11:21am On Feb 21
Procashtips:
Meaning they brought the man out when he was already dead.
Exactly.

As for the lion, killing it was the best since it has tasted human blood.
Yea
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by iswallker(m): 11:22am On Feb 21
Non teaching staff retire at 65. The Man I'd due for retirement in 6yrs not next year.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by justmi1: 11:24am On Feb 21
Nigeria is really a difficult country with difficult people. This was an unfortunate accident which can occur and has occurred at various places across the world. But we must blame the government for everything. How many of you would pay good money to visit the zoo but you would complain of management.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by wink2015(m): 11:24am On Feb 21
The story about the lion is just being twisted to different direction.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Bluffly: 11:25am On Feb 21
The defect of typical Nigerians caused this. Not following basic principles and guidelines caused this
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Chucks13: 11:27am On Feb 21
Procashtips:

But they already gave you the result of their investigation which isn't sitting well with you.

Yes it's not sitting well because it's very shaky and high tendency of manipulation in an attempt to absorbed the Uni from been charged for carelessness and levity that caused gravous harm to the man in question because we are talking of a life lost in an avoidable accident and within days they came up with strange conclusion.

Anyway, that is Nigeria my country.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Kajaard: 11:29am On Feb 21
Procashtips:

So the zoo doesn't have tranquilizers? Why is this country like this?

The Lion could have been tranquilized and not killed. They killed a wild animal for behaving like a wild animal the way God created it.

Don't blame the Lion for the carelessness of humans.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by iswallker(m): 11:30am On Feb 21
They don't have money to train staff but they want to run a zoo. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Exam Got You Smiling Like This? [photo] / Protesting FUTO Students Bring Down School Statue, Destroy Library (photos) / Federal Polytechnic, Nekede Owerri FORUM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.