Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman (35091 Views)

Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / JAC Strike:OAU NASU Chairman Docked Over Assault Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Procashtips(m): 11:33am On Feb 21
Kajaard:

So the zoo doesn't have tranquilizers? Why is this country like this?

The Lion could have been tranquilized and not killed. They killed a wild animal for behaving like a wild animal the way God created it.

Don't blame the Lion for the carelessness of humans.

All over the world, any animal that has tasted human blood is killed.

Everything is not always about the country!
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Procashtips(m): 11:34am On Feb 21
Chucks13:

Yes it's not sitting well because it's very shaky and high tendency of manipulation in an attempt to absorbed the Uni from been charged for carelessness and levity that caused gravous harm to the man in question because we are talking of a life lost in an avoidable accident and within days they came up with strange conclusion.

Anyway, that is Nigeria my country.

No matter the explanation, if his family members want a case, they can still pursue one.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by bizzibodi(m): 11:36am On Feb 21
First why should a university be keeping lion? which they dnt have d capacity to handle,am sure they dnt have a tranquilizer gun....no maintenance culture.
What is d woman doing in d lion cage?feeding a lion & cleaning d cage required a procedure.
The man rescueing a woman need to go with a taser.
Why was d man left on d ground to die as seen in d video,why is d lion killed for been a lion they should have arrested him first then take him to court for murder.
The should only closed d lion section not d entire zoo.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by mkoabiola: 11:38am On Feb 21
Lions are angry and hungry ds period.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by joefelin2345: 11:57am On Feb 21
Amotolongbo:
This doesn’t add up.
I would rather wait for the School Authority to release the report

Was the lion roaming freely in the zoo garden like ekuke, or how was it attacking people?

I had the opportunity of visiting the zoo about 3times, the lions’ den had high perimeter metal wire (about 20m high) round it.
You are free to add your own part to the report since you seem to know the Zoo more than people working there. Thank God, the deceased is not from another tribe otherwise another sets of conspiracy theories could have been flying around. May the dead RIP & may the Almighty God console those that he left behind.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Thabothabo101: 11:58am On Feb 21
Wallade:

Just shut up if you can't say anything reasonable

It's you who should be shutting up. The commenter said the right thing. Why would you be in a lion’s cage and not expect to be injured or killed? It's a wild animal, not a pet.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Johilo(m): 12:00pm On Feb 21
Even lion of 9years no gree for 59years old man....

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by 3rockets(m): 12:08pm On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
So what exactly was the woman doing in the lions den?
Are you generally daft abi you can't read?
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ejimatic: 12:09pm On Feb 21
InfoGuru118:

https://platinumtimes.ng/zookeeper-killed-while-attempting-to-rescue-woman-from-lion-nasu-chair-reveals/
. The man was in charge of feeding the lions. in the garden. Two were there. A report has it that the woman made a mistake of not locking their cage as part of their feeding process. That made one of the lions attacked the woman.In an attempt to save the woman the deceased eventually lost his life. The mistake of the woman led to the death of the man. May God comfort his family.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by treatise: 12:15pm On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
She was "harvesting corns"
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Fearurcreeator: 12:25pm On Feb 21
Oblongata:
Once the Lion had tasted human blood there was no going back!

As it had attacked the woman and probably tasted her blood, every human became a potential prey!

In a saner clime, during the attack on the woman, the Lion would have been darted (with tranquilizers) and eventually euthanized because it had tasted human blood.

The system failed the victims.
You know maybe na them sell the sleeping injection sef not knowing a day like this will come... No be everything be system oga... Nigerians normally no gbadun
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by illicit(m): 12:25pm On Feb 21
duduade:

I read it was euthanized yesterday

Why these report says it was shot dead

It was shot

I saw d video
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Fearurcreeator: 12:26pm On Feb 21
illicit:
The man's body was still there when the lion was shot

Which one is that he was rushed to the hospital?

I saw d video

Abi rush get another meaning?
You dey mind them... Yeye people

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Fearurcreeator: 12:28pm On Feb 21
FinidiGeorge:

Lol... You people just saying euthanize up and down... The animal was KILLED, simple.

Euthanize is mercy killing or explained as killing an animal or someone humanely which most times comes with painless death. It is an assist killing.
Lolzzzzz.... E dey funny me no be small ... Kill na kill ... And that wasn't merciful it was with anger he was shot .. like kill am danu danu ... If you watch the video... Somebody even said obe re
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by BabaO2: 12:31pm On Feb 21
Why must Nigerians always lie to coverup the obvious?
“After he was freed from the lion’s grip, they rushed him to the health centre on campus here", but the lifeless body was still there before the lion was shot.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by LordIsaac(m): 12:35pm On Feb 21
Orlu13:
mumu man..he went to rescue a woman

from time to time, u have never seen women die fr men only men dying fr a woman yet these useless gender will still be saying trash abt men forming women power upandan
I think in this case, as the manager, he went to rescue a fellow human being. God loves sacrificial giving!
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ogaontop(m): 12:36pm On Feb 21
phorget:
Cooked up story!
Don't say it's a cooked up story since the woman is also a staff working in the zoo garden, she might be their to do her work!
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by ViceGovernor: 12:37pm On Feb 21
Oau zoo very terrible place...I remember the day some friends dragged me there.

What gripped me was a big hyena staring me in the face with nothing but a small ditch between....I looked around I no see cage.

One mumu told me that they cannot jump the ditch , if you see the speed I take comot there 🙄
Because of picture make one animal and him family come share my body chop, God forbid

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by linearity: 12:51pm On Feb 21
duduade:

It was shot dead by a darn gun for that matter, the video is all over the internet, use google.

1 Like

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by bekpo(m): 12:52pm On Feb 21
The family of the deceased should as a matter of urgency sue d school management for gross negligence.

The deceased wasn't rushed to d school clinic as speculated by d management. No attempt whatsoever was made to rescue n or save d life of d deceased.

He was still lying in d pool of his blood as at d time d lion was shot dead.

I believe very strongly that should d deceased was rushed to hospital immediately after d attack, he wouldn't have been death.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Zhunnurayn(m): 12:56pm On Feb 21
eepeepook:
So, he died a simp? This story is a lie. If a wild animal picks a target, it doesn't change to another regardless of outside interference. Make them talk truth. Them no go die if them tell us wetin really happen. Negligence killed the man. In any industrial environment, oldies are the ones who get hurt the most. "I've done this a million times," "I've done this a million times," na him machine catch expert cloth grind am to minced meat.

Damn angry angry
When and where
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Chasito(m): 1:06pm On Feb 21
Only God knows if those in charge of the zoo have been diverting funds that were meant for the animals upkeep, our system is very corrupt, from the video I watched the lion looked so Mal-nourished, which means it has not been feeding well, our people often have the habit to divert funds once the see the opportunity.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Chasito(m): 1:07pm On Feb 21
This event reminds me the day A huge Rottweiler attacked me in my uncle's house, i sustained some injuries but I managed to fight back, I chook my eyes inside the dog eyes, before it release me.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by bizzibodi(m): 1:10pm On Feb 21
Procashtips:

All over the world, any animal that has tasted human blood is killed.

Everything is not always about the country!
So human blood is most sweetest & distinguishable to d lion?
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Zhunnurayn(m): 1:11pm On Feb 21
justmi1:
Nigeria is really a difficult country with difficult people. This was an unfortunate accident which can occur and has occurred at various places across the world. But we must blame the government for everything. How many of you would pay good money to visit the zoo but you would complain of management.

Don't mind the 'saner climes' crew. Tens of americans are killed yearly by Gators and bears even in the cities. Our people are really difficult people
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by tabaralph: 1:14pm On Feb 21
webincomeplus:

Do you people have comprehension problems? Did you miss the part where it was stated that the woman is also a staff working in the zoo?
Don’t mind the slowpoke slowpoke, they just read the headline and rush straight to comment section, the gentleman was unfortunately a close relation of mine, he was formally at university of Ibadan as a zoologist before moving OAU 10 years ago and he has been in charge of this particular lion since 9tears ago when the lion was born, wide animal will always be wide animal, rest on Egbon
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by bizzibodi(m): 1:15pm On Feb 21
ejimatic:
. The man was in charge of feeding the lions. in the garden. Two were there. A report has it that the woman made a mistake of not locking their cage as part of their feeding process. That made one of the lions attacked the woman.In an attempt to save the woman the deceased eventually lost his life. The mistake of the woman led to the death of the man. May God comfort his family.

This is a kind of job mistakes is not tolerated,there should be procedures with check list.you shouldn't do B if A cannot be accomplished...no adequate supervision.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by duduade: 1:19pm On Feb 21
FinidiGeorge:

Lol... You people just saying euthanize up and down... The animal was KILLED, simple.

Euthanize is mercy killing or explained as killing an animal or someone humanely which most times comes with painless death. It is an assist killing.

Did you read where I said I read it was euthanized on this same Nairaland yesterday

Or is there something else
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by Oblongata: 1:23pm On Feb 21
duduade:

In Nigeria, Euthanize na head shot grin

2 Likes

Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by IamAsiri: 1:25pm On Feb 21
duduade:

It was angrily killed.
Re: Zookeeper Devoured While Trying To Rescue Woman From Lion – NASU Chairman by buzorcharles(m): 1:28pm On Feb 21
Liars. I saw his corpse on the earthed ground oitside the den and not in a car or hospital.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School / Federal Polytechnic, Nekede Owerri FORUM. / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 150-Year-Old The Riemann Hypothesis - Bbc World Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.