Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 (22701 Views)

Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High / EFCC Confronts BDC Operators In Abuja (video) / The Identities Of BDC Operators Arrested For "Transferring Funds To Boko Haram" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by NaijaCover(m): 9:50pm On Feb 21
Cha E
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by We4all: 9:50pm On Feb 21
Agbayas...First step to controlling this nonsense is too close all dom accounts. Why in God's name should Nigerians have a dom account if we are not Americans?

Second step is to revoke the license of all BDC operators and allow Just the CBN to have control. If anyone needs to pay school fees or pay for goods online, then they can directly apply for the purchase of dollars.

Unfortunately, the above measures won't work because the economic saboteurs will make sure it doesn't work and corrupt CBN workers will thwart the efforts due to their corrupt practices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by TruthsFM: 9:50pm On Feb 21
By the end of the month, the exchange rate will have reach #2,500 per dollar. You don’t deal with importation of goods, you are arresting BDC operators. When are they going to arrest the market men and women that increased the prices of foodstuffs in the market.

4 Likes

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by fajob: 9:50pm On Feb 21
na waoh. God will take control ooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Calylove: 9:51pm On Feb 21
My questions:
Its no longer abokifx?
Are these bureaudechange illegal?
What about politicians who use dollar during primaries?
When will real farming resume in the nation?
When will comapnies that have left come back?
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Burruchaga71(m): 9:53pm On Feb 21
This is just the beginning.
DRUGGIE 3035.

1 Like

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by 43Ronin: 9:53pm On Feb 21
VeryWickedMan:
I swear I'm better than Tinubu.
He's now the most useless president in the history of Nigeria. Look at whom ronu idiots forced on nigerians. Omase ooo. Ebi moawa ooo
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by loswhite(m): 9:54pm On Feb 21
eagleu:
What has BDC operators got to do with management of our fiscal policies? They're just traders relying on market forces!.
Who determines the price for BDC? How do they come up with the price? I just want to know.

1 Like

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Blankstare(m): 9:55pm On Feb 21
eagleu:
What has BDC operators got to do with management of our fiscal policies? They're just traders relying on market forces!.

Most are front for the politicians, they also do business with commercial banks

5 Likes

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Jeffy1206(m): 9:55pm On Feb 21
Price on binance is around 1673.🤔😏
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by esemes256: 9:55pm On Feb 21
I want ask one question.
Please who is going to pay the money borrowed from AFREXIM bank to stabilize the naira. Naira no gree stabilize and we con dey owe debt join?

1 Like

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Mccullum: 9:56pm On Feb 21
I'm observing either this concerted effort will make some changes or not.

No government can tolerate economy saboteurs to this pathetic level.

God bless Naija.

1 Like

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by TruthsFM: 9:56pm On Feb 21
chopnaira:
Okay. It's currently $1 = N 1551 on binance.

Yesterday, it was about $1 = N1800 on the same binance platform.

I have it set to per minute (1m).
it will hit 2k per dollar 💵. Na Fg dey tired now. Dey do the same thing to Aboki fx, what now end the naira at the end of the day. It got increased
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by loswhite(m): 9:56pm On Feb 21
chopnaira:
Okay. It's currently $1 = N 1551 on binance.

Yesterday, it was about $1 = N1800 on the same binance platform.

I have it set to per minute (1m).
Why were they allowed to quote stupid prices before? The moment they want to block them they acted. Why wait till the government come for them?
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Haydens: 9:56pm On Feb 21
[quote author=] All the animals, criminals and saboteurs that want to run this country down will never end well in life
Including the fools and swines supporting them and happily gloating over thr situation of the country.
Eternal damnation will be their portion in life.
Just imagine wickedness to innocent Nigerians especially the innocent kids all because of their selfish interests.
Una mind no go touch ground.
Fools.
(If this gets to you, quote this post)[/quote]

Shut up your stinking gutter you slowpoke.

You are too low to comment anything on this platform, instead all those wishes must follow you and your cohorts that brought this adversity to Nigeria.

Undignified dog.
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by lastempero: 9:57pm On Feb 21
Paraman:
When I said people buying and keeping the dollars at their homes are part of the people putting pressure on the naira, someone told me I was wrong and do not know what I was talking about. I think the person is I volt or so.

When will the PH and Dangote refinery start selling refined crude gan na? The CBN will be getting dollars from the NNPCL when the NNPCL stop importing refined crude with dollars.

You dont have one naira in your bank acct or to your name if not you will understand why people are buying dollar with the floating naira.

Make i clear your eye small. If you deposited 1million in the bank 7months ago, that one million is now worth less than 500k just like that. That is why cordoso n his co travellers are educated do keys for not factoring the fact their stupid policy will not only destroy the economy but also people's hard earned money.

1 Like

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by motionarena: 9:57pm On Feb 21
But on Binance now its around 1700.

Can you see its the due to selfish speculators our Naira is crashing, forget all this una economy talk
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Tapout(m): 9:58pm On Feb 21
Na violence dem wan use fight Naira fall.

1 Like

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Eriokanmi: 9:58pm On Feb 21
Paraman:
When I said people buying and keeping the dollars at their homes are part of the people putting pressure on the naira, someone told me I was wrong and do not know what I was talking about. I think the person is I volt or so.

When will the PH and Dangote refinery start selling refined crude gan na? The CBN will be getting dollars from the NNPCL when the NNPCL stop importing refined crude with dollars.

Na today BDC wey the CBN even licence dey do fx trading? This administration has lost it. That naira they floated is the beginning of all these wahala. Even if they reverse the useless policy, things can't normalise in the next one year. You can't ask those who bought goods at the current fx rate to now be selling at a low price. They'd first exhaust their stock before listening to any government and this could take a year or even more to finish.

1 Like

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Paraman: 10:01pm On Feb 21
lastempero:

You dont have one naira in your bank acct or to your name if not you will understand why people are buying dollar with the floating naira.

Make i clear your eye small. If you deposited 1million in the bank 7months ago, that one million is now worth less than 500k just like that. That is why cordoso n his co travellers are educated do keys for not factoring the fact their stupid policy will not only destroy the economy but also people's hard earned money.
shey you're not one of the people complaining that the naira is crashing sha?
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Elliotwaveforec: 10:02pm On Feb 21
Crashing now
Pic 1. USDTNGN
Pic 2 USDNGN

Unification being achieved.

No try government o

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by lexy2014: 10:03pm On Feb 21
Paraman:

who are the people who are buying and keeping the dollars at their homes?
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Johncuppa(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21
Paraman:

Refined crude
The person that said you do not know what you're talking about is correct.
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by Eriokanmi: 10:05pm On Feb 21
Mccullum:

God bless Naija.

BDCs have been doing business from time immemorial. The fed govt is only chasing shadows like emefiele who went after the abokifx, saying they're the reason for the then worsening naira. Not knowing we were still playing back then. Floating of naira is as good as slaughtering the masses in their threats. Its a wicked policy.
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by lexy2014: 10:08pm On Feb 21
Strafudeen:
This is a welcome development.
Though I'm not BATified, but this is good.

This dollar speculation will destroy nigeria, not just the naira.

The BDC should be banned.

Dollar denominated transactions should be tightly controlled by the CBN

All frivolous imports and school fees and all what not should not be paid.

Stay in nigeria and build your country

how is BDC the reason for the fall of the naira?

why is NPA asking for dollars for payments?

who consumes those "frivolous imports"?
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by RealEmilokan: 10:09pm On Feb 21
Slumps😂
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by lexy2014: 10:10pm On Feb 21
Mccullum:

God bless Naija.

is that so? so where are these "economy saboteurs"?

are they outside government or inside government?
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by lexy2014: 10:11pm On Feb 21
motionarena:
But on Binance now its around 1700.

Can you see its the due to selfish speculators our Naira is crashing, forget all this una economy talk

who are these speculators and what concerns speculators and Tinubus incompetence?
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by lexy2014: 10:13pm On Feb 21
loswhite:
Why were they allowed to quote stupid prices before? The moment they want to block them they acted. Why wait till the government come for them?

is it binance ta=hat controls forex in Nigeria?
Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by lexy2014: 10:14pm On Feb 21
TruthsFM:
By the end of the month, the exchange rate will have reach #2,500 per dollar. You don’t deal with importation of goods, you are arresting BDC operators. When are they going to arrest the market men and women that increased the prices of foodstuffs in the market.

importation of goods is not the problem except you can tell me that Nigeria is the only country in the world that imports

2 Likes

Re: Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 by faceland: 10:16pm On Feb 21
Unbelievable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK / Edo Indigene Decries Poor-Quality Federal Constituency Project (Photos, Video) / Peregrino Brimah: Why Jonathanians Desperately Want Osinbajo & El-rufai To Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.