Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock (24138 Views)

Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video) / Wedding Of General Yakubu Gowon In 1969 (Video) / Tinubu,alaafin,bisi Akande,gowon In Ibadan 4 Abiola Ajimobi Roundtable Meeting(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Mozegee: 6:07pm On Feb 21
aariwa:
Everyday Fulani are killing his people and he doesn’t even say anything …even a 3 minutes speech…smh
How can he say a word do you want him to be killed. Nemesis nemesis is really dealing with him after killing 3million Igbos in Nigeria civil war

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Mccullum: 6:09pm On Feb 21
That's my Jagaban, I strongly believe in your leadership.

Respect to Pa Y Gowon.

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Praktikals1000: 6:09pm On Feb 21
Ebinpiawazuu:
The first class dullard look so old, older than gowon, so old than even his age.

All Hail The Most Clueless And Failed President in The WORLD.

SPITS and more Spits to the low budget agbado god!!!

Ebi npiawa azu oooo!
The best candidate won last year presidential election. If Obi had won, by now your cannibalistic instinct would have been activated

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Fearurcreeator: 6:10pm On Feb 21
Ebinpiawazuu:

Me and you na dey cry ??
ehn hungry agbado muncher
Lolzzz... Na you dey always cry online...yeye dey smell... You no fit hide your pain.. una dey always coming here to shout hunger ... Your tribe person still posted FCMB to beg ... But una go dey claim Wetin una no be... Cry cry grin
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Fearurcreeator: 6:10pm On Feb 21
Sirmwill:

Jsyk
I've eaten
Lol
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by StreetMedia: 6:12pm On Feb 21
Two old mon5ters... Nigeria is dead!.

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Major7: 6:17pm On Feb 21
Goodlady:

Ebinpawa, DSS ll catch you with this ya surname!

Please send your masquerade after him first grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Reflect7: 6:28pm On Feb 21
NairalandForumo:

We have done it before and you people brought war and killed over 3 million of our people to return us back, you want us to try it again? How convenient, this time divide it first...

You want to play game of deceit again.... grin

Oga it won't work... grin

They warred against you in 1967 because you annexed the Niger Delta and it’s oil and gas resources which belong to the entire country.

If it was just your southeast landlocked “hole in a circle” seceding, they would have gladly wished you farewell.

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Greenback: 6:28pm On Feb 21
Men miles apart.
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Greenback: 6:32pm On Feb 21
Reflect7:

They warred against you in 1967 because you annexed the Niger Delta and it’s oil and gas resources which belong to the entire country.

If it was just your southeast landlocked “hole in a circle” seceding, they would have gladly wished you farewell.
I am Niger Delta and please,my God given natural resources does not belong to any bladdy parasite entire country as long as zamfara gold belong to zamfara alone.
And talking about crude oil,the SE also have crude oil so doesn't that also belong to the entire country?
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by bettycanice: 6:35pm On Feb 21
A better Nigeria. Let not used our tongue to kill our country Nigeria. Be positive things will improve.

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by NairalandForumo: 6:43pm On Feb 21
Reflect7:

So after they conquered the south south and took over the territory of the south south from Biafra, why did Nigeria advance to the south east to continue, why didnt they tell Biafrans that we have taken what we wanted, you people can have your landlocked region according to you?

Or when they even advanced and conquered the whole south east and Biafrans surrendered, even if Nigeria carved out additional part of the current south east to take with the entire south south to themselves and given the Igbos the remaining part to have their Biafra, would the Igbos have really had a choice?

Is that what Nigeria did after the conquest of both south south and the south east from the hands of Biafra?

Abeg tell me another bullshiit jare....

3 Likes

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by MsOnyi24(f): 6:59pm On Feb 21
aariwa:
Everyday Fulani are killing his people and he doesn’t even say anything …even a 3 minutes speech…smh

Nothing for him to say after all how many people from the East did he kill during his time?
Some still say Karma does not exist - wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by gassbee: 7:19pm On Feb 21
E don red
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Elidrisy20: 7:24pm On Feb 21
Something is happening
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Deogratiasfx: 7:32pm On Feb 21
Atarakpa:
Gowon to tinubu.... Street no clear again. Tinubu don change cap. He has put on the thinking cap, things will change will change soon

Exactly...now that he has changed cap, we hope for a better performance.
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by ibechris(m): 7:36pm On Feb 21
Wawelexy:
That cap is bigger than tinubu head, just the way Nigerian problem is bigger than his brain 🧠

U can't make heaven... grin grin.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by MOJ584(m): 7:45pm On Feb 21
Here comes the original idiot who plunged all of us into this mess with his Hausa-Fulani inspired One Nigeria Agenda!

Oga Gowon, how market His home state had since become a massive graveyard courtesy of the same vultures who used him to unleash an unprovoked genocide on the South easterners!

Show me which Southern state that Plateau is better than in today's Nigeria

The old mugu is now tired of his hypocritical national prayers offered with a hand filled with blood.

How does this man sleep at night after seeing the country he spilled the blood of millions of fellow Christians to preserve & also looking at the state of affairs in his own state 55 yrs after??

Perpetual Shame on you Gowon, the oldest living slave of the Caliphate!!!
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Atlantis585: 8:10pm On Feb 21
TWO WELL KNOWN MURDEROUS CRIMINALS WHO OUGHT TO BE IN THE HAGUE PRISON FOR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Atlantis585: 8:12pm On Feb 21
aariwa:

How can he speak against the killings of his own people. He killed millions of Igbos and was okay with it. So nothing new there for him. He has lost all human feelings - even for his own people.

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Okoroawusa: 8:18pm On Feb 21
SaLongs1:
He is from my are but in reality he is a Zaria man and not the purported Kanke LGA of Plateau state.
Really? I am interested in this part of his history. Please explain further
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by J3susFr3ak: 9:20pm On Feb 21
aariwa:
very sad

Well to give you some context. His parents were with the Anglican clergy from the former Pankshin (now Kanke) but moved to Zaria as part of their pastoral work.

Was it Nnamdi Azikiwe who was born in Zungeru but associated more with his deep roots in the East for political legitimacy? Or Kaduna Nzeogu born some where up North but had to rebound to his deep roots for legitimacy.

This was Gowon's fault. He believed the lie that one of those bogus Nigerian dictators spouted that any Nigerian born anywhere in the country can use the Option A4 nonsense to buy political forms there to be able to contest for any political office there.

This was how Gowon foolishly bought Presidential forms in the 1990s in Zaria to express his ambition to contest for the Presidency then. This was how the Hausa Fulani Muslims in those places booed and shamed him--telling him to go back to where he came from.

Now, I do understand that being an Elder statesman he may not be expected to comment publicly on everything and he may have mistakenly believed that Nigeria can be like America where certain ideals wash away innate identities like ethnicity or religion. Unfortunately this is not so and will never be so.

It is noble trying to aspire to be some Jimmy Carter godly fellow....but the rawness of a dog eat dog place like Nigeria only respects criminals and murderers like a Buhari and his cohorts sadly.
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by J3susFr3ak: 9:21pm On Feb 21
Okoroawusa:

Really? I am interested in this part of his history. Please explain further

Check the post above,
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by usagee36: 9:53pm On Feb 21
Why does Tiffany look like that?
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Ramirezkhay(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21
cheesy

Na to let una know say
No be same pic Everytime
Na why he change Cap

grin
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Pinkybush: 10:36pm On Feb 21
Gowon, the man who stopped Ojuku from separating this country. By now I would've been in a better country just like UAE.
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Okoroawusa: 11:07pm On Feb 21
J3susFr3ak:

Check the post above,

The post didn't tell me anything new. I was expecting you to tell me how Gowon is originally from Zaria
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by J3susFr3ak: 11:30pm On Feb 21
Okoroawusa:

The post didn't tell me anything new. I was expecting you to tell me how Gowon is originally from Zaria

Um...my post did not explicitly say he was originally from Zaria. He was not even born in Zaria. He was born in present day Kanke. The fellow who made the original comment that prompted your inquiry was the one who said that Gowon was more of a Zaria guy since that person (Salongs1 I think) may be Gowon's ethnic-kin (Ngas) and Gowon haven grown up in Zaria might have earlier (but mistakenly) attuned more to trying to associate more with those from that other side rather than with those of his kith and kin.

I am not Ngas. And for a greater context, there are almost 50 different ethnic groups in Plateau alone with each having their own migration history and languages.

In the recent past (I am not so sure of now) every ethnic group in Plateau had a "every man for himself" mentality where if any other area or ethnicity had the misfortune of suffering severe Jihadist Terrorist attacks---the other unaffected ethnic groups usually had the "sucks to be you!" mentality. However, I am gradually noticing a positive change where there is increasing solidairty between the ethnic groups to watch out for one another especially in the face of these persistent attacks. Perhaps, for context, this might explain the part of Gowon's silence since his area has been blessed to be least affected by any of those external attacks.

In conclusion. Gowon is not from Zaria. He grew up and spent his early formative life there. But that is about it.

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Basic123: 11:59pm On Feb 21
Sirmwill:
Dull Mentally dead president

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Okoroawusa: 12:35am On Feb 22
J3susFr3ak:

Um...my post did not explicitly say he was originally from Zaria. He was not even born in Zaria. He was born in present day Kanke. The fellow who made the original comment that prompted your inquiry was the one who said that Gowon was more of a Zaria guy since that person (Salongs1 I think) may be Gowon's ethnic-kin (Ngas) and Gowon haven grown up in Zaria might have earlier (but mistakenly) attuned more to trying to associate more with those from that other side rather than with those of his kith and kin.

I am not Ngas. And for a greater context, there are almost 50 different ethnic groups in Plateau alone with each having their own migration history and languages.

In the recent past (I am not so sure of now) every ethnic group in Plateau had a "every man for himself" mentality where if any other area or ethnicity had the misfortune of suffering severe Jihadist Terrorist attacks---the other unaffected ethnic groups usually had the "sucks to be you!" mentality. However, I am gradually noticing a positive change where there is increasing solidairty between the ethnic groups to watch out for one another especially in the face of these persistent attacks. Perhaps, for context, this might explain the part of Gowon's silence since his area has been blessed to be least affected by any of those external attacks.

In conclusion. Gowon is not from Zaria. He grew up and spent his early formative life there. But that is about it.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate this information and the tone and manner at which you passed it across to me. You must be a teacher I suppose. You have the patience of one.
Thank you once again
Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by J3susFr3ak: 12:49am On Feb 22
Okoroawusa:

Thank you very much. I really appreciate this information and the tone and manner at which you passed it across to me. You must be a teacher I suppose. You have the patience of one.
Thank you once again

No worries.

I used to be one long ago in a former life... smiley

I noticed your moniker Okoroawusa might be a play on the name Okorocha....am I right?

The following below has absolutley nothing to do with the topic. But I thought I should mention since I noticed your moniker and curiosiry about discovering the actual identities of people somewhat innate.

Well. Rochas Okorocha was indeed an authentic Igbo person born in what is now called Barkin Ladi LGA of Plateau state. (Barkin Ladi used to be first known as Barkin John during the colonial era with the name John named after a popular white miner at that time. Unfiortunately, perhaps the British wanted to be politically correct, they eventually changed the name of the place after a lady trader at the time. But the indigenous name of the area is called Gwol in the Berom dialect).

To backtrack a bit. Rochas Okorocha is indeed Igbo born to Igbo parents in the above place I described above. He was quite the hustler business guy then back in the late 80s and early 90s and even helped my dad once when he had problems with his car since he was well known into buying and selling cars and dealing with iron rods back then.

Rochas Okorocha had the fortune of hitting it very big in two strategic business opportunities. When the late Chief of Jos wanted to sell off some of his shares to some oil assets gifted to them by the late Abacha---Rochas was fortunate to be be at the right place at the right time to scoop soms of those shares.

The second big move was when the late Soloman Lar gave him the contract to supply the entire country with a massive number of Police vehicles. This must have made him instantly a billionaire.

Rochas Okoroca is hundred percent Igbo but got lucky and blessed getting connected with the right political figures from Plateau.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Gowon In First Visit To Tinubu In Aso Rock by Okoroawusa: 1:18am On Feb 22
J3susFr3ak:

No worries.

I used to be one long ago in a former life... smiley

I noticed your moniker Okoroawusa might be a play on the name Okorocha....am I right?

The following below has absolutley nothing to do with the topic. But I thought I should mention since I noticed your moniker and curiosiry about discovering the actual identities of people somewhat innate.

Well. Rochas Okorocha was indeed an authentic Igbo person born in what is now called Barkin Ladi LGA of Plateau state. (Barkin Ladi used to be first known as Barkin John during the colonial era with the name John named after a popular white miner at that time. Unfiortunately, perhaps the British wanted to be politically correct, they eventually changed the name of the place after a lady trader at the time. But the indigenous name of the area is called Gwol in the Berom dialect).

To backtrack a bit. Rochas Okorocha is indeed Igbo born to Igbo parents in the above place I described above. He was quite the hustler business guy then back in the late 80s and early 90s and even helped my dad once when he had problems with his car since he was well known into buying and selling cars and dealing with iron rods back then.

Rochas Okorocha had the fortune of hitting it very big in two strategic business opportunities. When the late Chief of Jos wanted to sell off some of his shares to some oil assets gifted to them by the late Abacha---Rochas was fortunate to be be at the right place at the right time to scoop soms of those shares.

The second big move was when the late Soloman Lar gave him the contract to supply the entire country with a massive number of Police vehicles. This must have made him instantly a billionaire.

Rochas Okoroca is hundred percent Igbo but got lucky and blessed getting connected with the right political figures from Plateau.

Thanks.

Well, thank you very much once again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan Appoints Suleiman Abba New Inspector Genaral Of Police / I Can Confirm That Original Shekau Was Killed, 2nd Shekau Killed- General Irabor / FG Barricades Unity Fountain Abuja - Oby Ezekwesili Reacts, Threatens Lawsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.