Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service (7936 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Fani-kayode Congratulats Aregbesola For Defeatin Omisore “Convincingly" / Why my town Ikire,Irewole Local Gov. people 'll Vote Aregbesola For 2nd Term. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Desola(f): 11:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
Yorubaland is progressing, losers are hating. Well done Aregberascal, our very own prince of rascality.

Anuofias! How many trains stop for una villages? Moraeffing no hopers!!

Abeg go and collect your daily hand outs from odechukwu!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by djustice: 1:21am On Nov 12, 2011
Your stupidity is so worrying. How is it Aregbemucocaine that introduced a train service that Jonathan continued from the Obasanjo era? I was in Osun today, a colossal pile of dung. Aregbe apparently lives in Alimosho, and rules Osun by remote control. That's how stupid Osun people are. I guess your stupidity is in character, and I'm willing to ignore it. Ode oshi, olopolo kukuru!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Desola(f): 2:49am On Nov 12, 2011
eni ba wo seju akan o, yi o pe leti omi.

Ati duro momi konga won, iyonu ni, ati bere momi konga o, iyo nu ni!

Aregbe, o ti ta won yo, iwo ni baba.

Awon ota e o ni yafoko, akoyoyo ni o kan wan lese, omolanke ni yi o kan wan lorun.

Aye PDP ati supporters won o ni da! Aye wan ma run regerege ragaraga rederede.

Go on soun, ACN ni babanla baba won!

UP Aregberascal!!!!!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On Nov 12, 2011
Am I missing something here?? The NRC improvement project, which was started by the Yar adua administration handles railway projects and is a National entity. Not even Jonathan can lay concrete claims to having a hand in the Resurrection of our Rail System since he has had to do absolutely nothing for the project to continue, under the NRC's supervision and the various contractors, most of whom where selected long before Jonathan came on the scene. How exactly did Aregbesola aid in this? What part did he actually play, if any??

I do remember when I used to board the train back during my secondary school years, the train has numerous stops on the way, one in the area where Osun is today. So what exactly did the state governor do to deserve the praise and attention for this??
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Beaf: 3:13am On Nov 12, 2011
[size=14pt]Aregbesola builds 3rd Mainland Bridge, repaints Abuja!!! Buys Moon!!!
Celebrate!!! Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Pop sontin!
All RASCALS, please stand up!

The most useless governor is only left with his usual high stories. embarassed
Mek una dance e! grin grin grin grin
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OAM4J: 3:17am On Nov 12, 2011
This is why they commend him:

Osun Acquires Four Locomotives •pays Railway For Rehabilitation Of Sub-station

As part of its plan to assist farmers and boost the economy of Osun State by transporting agricultural produce to Lagos through rail line free-of-charge, the state government has acquired four locomotives of 40 coaches and 40 wagons.

The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Sunday Akere, who disclosed this while briefing journalists after the state 8th Executive Council meeting in Osogbo on Wednesday, said that the locomotives were currently being constructed in China and when the works are completed on them, they would be brought to the state.

Explaining the rationale behind the project, the commissioner said that the objective was to increase income and revenue, as well as using it to create employment for the youths in the state, adding that the state has also paid the Nigeria Railway Cooperation to repair Dagbolu railways sub-station.

According to him, the state Executive Council has also approved the construction of a mid-regional market at Dagbolu area, saying, “we are starting an Osun mid-regional market at Dagbolu and this has to come into place because of the intention of the governor to make Osun the nerve commercial centre of the South-West”.

On the payment of salaries of workers in the state civil service, Akere said the salaries of the workers for the month of August had been paid on Tuesday, while that of September would be paid by next week.

Explaining the basis for the delay in the payment of the workers’ salaries, the commissioner said “We have to emphasize again that the delay of payment of salaries was not the fault of the government at all.

“We all know that there was a strike which lasted for a month in August and the workers returned on the 5th of September.

At the Executive Council meeting we had on the 7th of September, we were told by those preparing the salaries that because of the new salary table, the working out of the salaries will take long.

We decided to pay the August salaries with old salary table and we will then use the new table for September as well as paying the arrears, but the leadership of the labour union said that they would wait until the salaries’ preparation is completed with the new table.

“Earlier before now, there had been standing order from the governor that salaries of workers in every month must not exceed 26th day of the month, but unfortunately because of the disruption on the payment of salaries in the last two months, the salaries of October will be paid by latest the first week of November and the subsequent ones would be regular”, he noted.

On the rehabilitation of township roads that had been approved by the government, Akere said that the council was briefed at its meeting by the Ministry of Works that the contractor handling the job had requested for a two-week extension for the rain to subside, with a view to ensuring that sordid jobs are not done on the roads and the request was granted.

He further noted that the council had approved the revival and establishment of Ayegbaju market, Osogbo, saying that the idea was prompted with a view to decongesting the roadsides of market women, who have been trading by the roadsides and give them a more comfortable place.

The commissioner further revealed that the council had approved the establishment of a revival centre tagged Open Heaven Arena, that would accommodate 200,000 worshippers at a time, saying that the idea was also muted to promote sales and improve the economy of the state.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20783

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-782102.0.html
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Beaf: 3:23am On Nov 12, 2011
^
Nah, they got the title wrong, it doesn't sound glorious enough! AregbeRASCAL the champion aluta organiser, who sent 19 buses of clowns to fan the criminally inclined hairs in Tinubu's arse at Abuja (while owing workers 2 months salary, and counting), actually "bought" 40 coaches and wagons for the FG to run on FG train lines!

There is also no railway line at Dagbolu, at least, not since 1930.

Carry go, Aregbe! Nutin do you!

One day, I go wound wit laf for NL!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Nov 12, 2011
@OAMAJ, you might want to take time to read the article next time oooo.

October 14, 2011 - 12:57 pm -- The oldest comment on that page is from the date to the left. HABA, Naija!!!! Are you here suggesting that the Chinese have completed construction and shipment of the cargo and carts announced on October 14th, less than 4 weeks ago, and already have them out and running already? if this is your case, then please give us a link to show this.

As part of its plan to assist farmers and boost the economy of Osun State by transporting agricultural produce to Lagos through rail line free-of-charge, the state government has acquired four locomotives of 40 coaches and 40 wagons.
[size=13pt]The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Sunday Akere, who disclosed this while briefing journalists after the state 8th Executive Council meeting in Osogbo on Wednesday, said that the locomotives were currently being constructed in China and when the works are completed on them, they would be brought to the state.[/size]
Explaining the rationale behind the project, the commissioner said that the objective was to increase income and revenue, as well as using it to create employment for the youths in the state, adding that the state has also paid the Nigeria Railway Cooperation to repair Dagbolu railways sub-station.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OAM4J: 3:37am On Nov 12, 2011
^You have a point, but how about the rehabilitation of the  Sub-station? That should also count for something, right?

I don't have the details and am too lazy to search now, but I think there was an operational MoU signed between Osun and NRC that facilitates the smooth operation of Oshogbo-Lagos route.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Nov 12, 2011
According to him, the state Executive Council has also approved the construction of a mid-regional market at Dagbolu area, saying,[size=13pt] “we are starting an Osun mid-regional market at Dagbolu and this has to come into place because of the intention of the governor to make Osun the nerve commercial centre of the South-West”.[/size]

um . . . I am not a grammarian but I am certain the above is statement is in the FUTURE TENSE . . .  and not PRESENT OR PAST!!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OAM4J: 3:47am On Nov 12, 2011
Your bold was talking about the construction of Dagbolu market not the train station at Dagbolu.

Osun Acquires Four Locomotives •pays Railway For Rehabilitation Of Sub-station

The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Sunday Akere, who disclosed this while briefing journalists after the state 8th Executive Council meeting in Osogbo on Wednesday, said that the locomotives were currently being constructed in China and when the works are completed on them, they would be brought to the state.

Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Nov 12, 2011
^^^^ Again FUTURE TENSE . . .  What are we commending Aregbesola for? That is the question? I mean the Opening article has people proclaiming the State Governor HAS DONE so much to make happen the current situation. What exactly did he do? Are we yet again blindly commending another politician?
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Desola(f): 3:57am On Nov 12, 2011
I'm so impressed with this man, he is taking giant strides.

ACN is working, PDP is crying.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OAM4J: 4:03am On Nov 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^^ Again FUTURE TENSE . . . Why are we commending Aregbesola for? That is the question? I mean the Opening article has people proclaiming the State Governor HAS DONE so much to make happen the current situation. What exactly did he do?

Kobo, you mean this is future tense?

. . . adding that the state [size=14pt]has also paid[/size] the Nigeria Railway Cooperation to repair Dagbolu railways sub-station.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 4:10am On Nov 12, 2011
Let me help you there . .  . do you have any information to SHOW that the payment has yielded RESULT yet? I mean paying contractors, agency . . . since when did we start COMMENDING that? I thought it common sense to see RESULTS before shouting HOORAY!!! Is this not the same nigeria where we ALLOWED politicians to rip us all off of over a trillion dollars in the past 50 years alone? Why does it seem this thread is following the same old foolishness undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Beaf: 4:11am On Nov 12, 2011
The whole thing just gets more comical! There is no railway line at Dagbolu, the last time that placed was used by the British colonialists was in 1930 when Hitler was still striving to get his act together as a bad arse!

Suddenly, in comes Aregbe, the story telling capone and claims he has built the railway line, "bought" coaches and wagons to run on the FG's train lines, paid the FG to build Dagbolu train station! Che! shocked shocked shocked

--Beaf scratches head--

You gats to give it to the man! What a "talent!"

Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Desola(f): 4:14am On Nov 12, 2011
He built Dagbolu station too?

This man na performer, leave story!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by ektbear: 4:15am On Nov 12, 2011
Improved transportation in the SW truly is the path to prosperity (well, after electricity.) Good that Aregbe understands this.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OAM4J: 4:27am On Nov 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Let me help you there . .  . do you have any information to SHOW that the payment has yielded RESULT yet? I mean paying contractors, agency . . . since when did we start COMMENDING that? I thought it common sense to see RESULTS before shouting HOORAY!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided

Good we have now move forward from it being a future tense.

We have no idea when the money was paid. But it makes sense to assume the station at Oshogbo needed some repairs for it to be useful and Aregbesola not wanting to wait forever for the FG, offered to repair it.  Also we can reasonable conclude that the station has been repaired and that was the reason Osun people were able to use it when they traveled from Lagos to Oshogbo last week during the Ileya festival, hence they commend a thinking Governor who will not wait for the FG to do her duty before responding to the needs of the people of Osun.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Akanbiedu(m): 4:35am On Nov 12, 2011
Going back and forth with junkie, what a waste!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On Nov 12, 2011
OAM4J:

Good we have now move forward from it being a future tense.

No we have not. The man simply paid for an item, that you and others have yet to actually see or make use of. Yet you are quick to jubiliate as if he has done much else but pay for something, that we are probably being lied to aboute.
OAM4J:

We have no idea when the money was paid.
You have absolutely NO FREAKING CLUE if the money was even paid in full. It is also likely the case that he only paid a first installment or something of that sort but here you are assuming that a payment implies RESULT. What sort of bull is that?
OAM4J:

But it makes sense to assume the station at Oshogbo needed some repairs for it to be useful and Aregbesola not wanting to wait forever for the FG, offered to repair it. 
um . . . Newsflash . . . given that the National Railway service has been in parked mode for over a decade . . . it is safe to assume/conclude that ALL STATIONS IN NIGERIA require Repair. I mean, come ON!!! Given the facts, there is nothing sensible about what you posted there above.
OAM4J:

Also we can reasonable conclude that the station has been repaired and that was the reason Osun people were able to use it when they traveled from Lagos to Oshogbo last week during the Ileya festival, hence they commend a thinking Governor who will not wait for the FG to do her duty before responding to the needs of the people of Osun.

You can reasonable conclude?? Even after you are told by the man supposedly in charge that what has happened is payment has been made -- the man DOES NOT attempt to claim the work has been done already, neither does he attempt to announce a completion date ? WOW . . . OK, can you show us for a fact that your so-called REASONABLE concluded is based on reality. You are moderator and I hold you to higher standards for that. Please produce a SOURCE FOR YOUR CLAIM!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

Improved transportation in the SW truly is the path to prosperity (well, after electricity.) Good that Aregbe understands this.

I sincerely hope that ppl who see this and people in other regions will ask for more. No more feeling of self-helplessness.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On Nov 12, 2011
@OAM4J, come on now. This issue was discussed in October as well, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-782102.32.html . As of the 3rd of October, the same man is quoted to have said that the project has not been completed.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016

QUESTION: The last time I met you four or five months ago or so, you spoke about creating a mid-regional market that will make the state a hub of business activities. You said you would engage the railway in facilitating, how much progress have you made?

GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: We have been on it. It is part of our campaign promises. You are asking now about specifics of actualising the vision. We have gone very far, it is not just our style to celebrate programme that are not fully actualised. Yes, we signed an agreement with the Nigeria Railway Corporation in that regard and work has commenced at the Osun State terminal at Dagbolu in Ikirun. The place will serve as port for collection of agricultural produce from all over the state and from where the produce will be moved to the market of Lagos. The state government will be responsible for the cost of the freight of agricultural produce that are to be moved to Lagos. That will be our own incentive to producers of primary food produce. Just before you came in, I was discussing with one of our partners who is working with us on ensuring that nothing will disturb the process. So as we told you before, we are committed to the project. The platform in Dagbolu in Ikirun is ready; the Nigeria Railway Corporation has not yet completed its own part. As a government, we have met our own part. As soon as they are ready, we will roll out. The Dagbolu terminus is not only going to be a mere platform. We are not only going to be moving only agricultural produce, we are also going to move finished products from Lagos. We want to turn the state to a mid-regional market, not only people from Osun, people from Nigeria’s Middle Belt who hitherto would have to go to Lagos for getting their essentials will no longer have reason to do so. There will be a market here where all products for which people go to Lagos will be available at Lagos prices. We also expect conglomerates to partner with us like building warehouses.

http://thenewsafrica.com/2011/05/31/aregbesola%E2%80%99s-winning-ways/ Another link from that previous discussion
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OAM4J: 5:03am On Nov 12, 2011
^Thanks for providing that story. I read the whole thing, not just the bold. I have not commended Aregbesola before now for his move into this rail venture, now I commend him. Great man!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 5:09am On Nov 12, 2011
Nigerians and their egos! So because this is the man whose   . . . . . you have chosen to stick your tongue to, you are unwilling to admit that you have been wrong about your claim that the project has been COMPLETED in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks  . . . . lol . . . .

I do hope you at least, you tell us that you commend such persons as Alao Akala, Saraki, Daniel, and others (Add Jonathan Goodluck to list of those you should commend since the man announces EVERY FREAKING DAY, HOW DEDICATED HE IS TO ONE PROJECT OR THE OTHER)we have come to love hating here, for simply thinking up ideas, and telling you of how committed they were(at one time or another) to em. ROFL . You don't want to seem a hypocrite now, would you?>
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OAM4J: 5:19am On Nov 12, 2011
Ok lemme spare few more mins, I need to sleep soon.

No I commend the man because he has a great vision. His vision will promote a lot of SMEs which is the engine for real economic growth.

Unlike other politicians, not only was he talking about it but he has been working on it, he even paid the FG to do their own job? what else?

The platform has been provided, contracts have been awarded and people are already seeing some progresses. We are not talking about someone celebrating blueprints and road-maps here.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Nov 12, 2011
OAM4J:

Ok lemme spare few more mins, I need to sleep soon.

No I commend the man because he has a great vision. His vision will promote a lot of SMEs which is the engine for real economic growth.

Unlike other politicians, not only was he talking about it but he has been working on it, he even paid the FG to do their own job? what else?

The platform has been provided, contracts have been awarded and people are already seeing some progresses. We are not talking about someone celebrating blueprints and road-maps here.

I don't think that is a true statement. Billions of the money lost at the state level, under many of those we today claim were incompetent where actually spent PAYING CONTRACTORS to do work . .  ie. these governors had ideas and they actually worked on some of them. . . remember Tinapa? The many road contracts that were paid for by Daniel, Alao Akala, Yar adua/Jonathan Regime, even Oshiomole, Sylva, Ohakim . . the list is long here  o o o o o . . . . who can forget Dora's Rebranding project and digitalization hooey . . . ??

Also people CANNOT SEE progress on a project that is still in the works. Are people JUMPING OFF some platform or something at Dagbolu(since the terminal is not been built? --- [size=14pt]Again, where is the source to show that this is not the case[/size]) Let's stay away from LYING on behalf of these politicians . . .  any politician!!!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OAM4J: 5:28am On Nov 12, 2011
Thank God he is not a PDP member, so am hopeful he will not turn out like them. He cannot afford to turn out like them, he will be seeking a re-election in 2 yrs time, he had better deliver.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 5:30am On Nov 12, 2011
^^^^ You mean he won't turn out like Amaechi in River's state or Sullivan Chime in Enugu, both of whom happen to be PDP Governor's and with actual RESULTS to show for work done? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by hercules07: 5:37am On Nov 12, 2011
Haters will always hate, the man has not only talked about it, he has also put structure on ground, those who are praising Jonathan or even Obasanjo on this should take a visit to the NRC HQ in Lagos and weep at the colossal waste of human and material resources going on there. Let all states that have rail lines passing through them invest in these rail lines as long as they know it will improve their economy, the FG cares less about those states.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 5:41am On Nov 12, 2011
hercules07:

Haters will always hate, the man has not only talked about it, he has also put structure on ground, those who are praising Jonathan or even Obasanjo on this should take a visit to the NRC HQ in Lagos and weep at the colossal waste of human and material resources going on there. Let all states that have rail lines passing through them invest in these rail lines as long as they know it will improve their economy, the FG cares less about those states.

Please use your head. That happens to be the same NRC that Aregbesola paid to do work in Osun, the same NRC that has been dragging it's feet on so many other projects for some years now. Yes, the rails are back but the projects have been going at snail's pace. So if you are suggesting that this same NRC is now speedily completing projects when other states like Kaduna have paid for their own reconstructing and terminals., then I suggest you get your head out of your arse and stop thinking the "HATERS" are the problem here. For pete's sake IT IS THE SAME FREAKING NRC!!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Beaf: 5:43am On Nov 12, 2011
[size=14pt]When will Aregbesola, "the man of vision," pay Osun states workers who are owed several months salaries? Abi "vision" no reach dat side?[/size]
"The man of vision!" There is nothing we don't here on NL these days!

When will the man stop "buying" bridges and trains for the FG, pack home from Lagos and pay the long suffereing Osun state workers? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chief Justice Of Nigeria, Dahiru Musdapher, Asks Jonathan To Reinstate Salami / Bomb Blast Kills 4 At Mafoni Ward, Maiduguri / EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.