Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service (7938 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Fani-kayode Congratulats Aregbesola For Defeatin Omisore “Convincingly" / Why my town Ikire,Irewole Local Gov. people 'll Vote Aregbesola For 2nd Term. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Gbawe: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2011
How can anyone have anything other than condemnation for Aregbesola efforts , through OTOUR , to boost the IGR of the state by harnessing one of the natural endowment of Osun i.e it's rich heritage and places of scenic/historical interest? I mean, what a foolish man for not simply doing what his predecessor and most Nigerian Governors do i.e brandish a begging bowl towards the FG and ask for more dough !!! Definitely the worst Governor in Nigeria !! How many of us want proactive Governors who want to boost IGR massively ? Rubbish !!!

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5734120-147/story.csp

Osun to boost revenue through tourism

By Bamigbola Gbolagunte

July 20, 2011 12:37AM

The Osun State government is set to increase its Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) from the present N30 million to N1.5 billion monthly through the development of tourism in the state.

The state deputy governor, Grace Tomori disclosed this yesterday while unveiling the Osun Tourism Development Revival programme at the Governor's office, Osogbo, the state capital.

Mrs Tomori who described tourism as a good source of income for any nation, stated that the state has 63 tourist centres, which if properly managed would contribute significantly to the economy of the state.

The present administration, according to the deputy governor takes passionate interest in tourism due to the cultural and historical values of the state, which she noted were part of the heritage of the state.

She informed that the government has concluded arrangements to develop all tourist centres in the state, with a view to making them attractive to foreign investors, saying the development of the tourism sector would aid the economy of the state.

"We have targeted N1.5 billion as annual income from tourism. We have made special provision for tourism development in the 2011 budget of Osun State. Many advanced nations of the world depend on tourism as the major source of their earnings. We thank God in Osun State, as the state is the cradle of the Yoruba civilisation and we have abundant tourist centres spread across the length and breadth of the state." The Project Manager of the Programme, Daniyan Abimbola disclosed that over 10 million tourists from various parts of the world have expressed their willingness to come to the state and explore the tourism potential of the state.

He hinted that the state would through the Tourism Development Revival Programme create permanent employment for youths in the state, adding that the aim of the programme was to package the state as the cradle of Yoruba civilisation.

While stressing the need for overall development of all the tourist centres in the state, Mr Abimbola maintained that all the tourist centres in the state would be developed to an international standard in the shortest possible time.

Students boycott classes over high fees

Meanwhile, students of the Osun State College of Education, Ilesa yesterday commenced boycott of lectures to press home their demand for reduction of school fees and improved welfare.

The students of the institution who staged a peaceful protest in Osogbo, the state capital also demanded for immediate and unconditional reinstatement of five of their leaders who were expelled from the institution for their stand against students' victimisation.

The protest took the students to the State Secretariat, Abere, the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Correspondents' chapel secretariat and the state Ministry of Education where they chanted various anti-government songs.

The aggrieved students described as illegal the Information Communication Technology (ICT) fees collected by the authorities of the institution, even as they called for the refund of the already collected fees.

Other demands of the students according to a press release made available to journalists after the protest were "the restoration of the Students Union Government in the college, immediate stoppage of the Teaching Practice fee and reduction of school fees of students of the University of Ibadan affiliated with the college from N56,000." The students, however, gave a two-week ultimatum to both the state government and authorities of the institution to meet up with their demands; failure of which they said would lead to violence on the campus of the institution.

They also urged the management of the institution to dialogue with them, saying an urgent meeting of the students' leaders and the college management is the only means to avert crisis in the institution.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Gbawe: 8:37am On Nov 12, 2011
Look at this foolish "rascal" of a Governor !!!! Pretending to lead while he is only intent on showing up the FG led by the omnipotent and best performing President in the entire world. They should create a new law and charge Aregbesola immediately under this law i.e "pretending to care for the masses while only interested in embarrassing the FG".

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20520

Crime fighting: Rep commends Aregbesola

A member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Ajibola Famurewa, has commended the Osun State governor, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, for approving the immediate purchase of five Armoured Personnel Carriers and 12 new patrol vans to support the state Police Command in combating crime.

The lawmaker, representing the Ilesa West/Ilesa East/Atakumosa West/Atakumosa East Federal Constituency in the lower chamber of the National Assembly, described the state government’s prompt attention to providing tools to the police as responsive.

In a statement, he said: “This action shows how responsive Osun State Government is to have gone into the state’s minute treasury in its bid to protect lives and properties of the habitants of the state.

“It is a shameful act for the Police Force to have waited for the state government to purchase the APCs for them despite the fact that this is not the responsibility of a state government. But of course, as a responsible governor, Ogbeni Aregbesola will do all within his reach to provide adequate security for the people of the state.”
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Demdem(m): 8:42am On Nov 12, 2011
I think its high time we focus on peeps that are on ground and not those who may have spent most of their lives outside our shores. They seems to have lost touch.
By the way, I know someone that travelled by this said train. The only complaint by her was it wasn't fast enough.
The truth was, initially there was none but after the ABRACADABRA of aregbe like many are alleging, we now have grains moving to osun. Osun wasn't part of the initial plans of NRC. Dagbolu wasn't a major town for them to ply initially but aregbe facilitated that.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Gbawe: 8:47am On Nov 12, 2011
Aregbesola the fake Fidel Castro. Who is he fooling?

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=22423

Osun Emerges Third In National Environmental Debate

The Osun State contingent to the national environmental debate held in Abuja, under the auspices of the National Environmental Sanitation Regulation Agency (NESREA) had emerged third among the four hundred secondary schools that participated in the programme across the nation.

According to the Director of NESREA in Osun State, Mr. OlanrewajuAnjorin, the participants in the programme wrote an essay on “How Do I Take Care Of My Environment” and they emerged third in the keenly contested competition.

Osun State, according to him, beat Ondo and Ekiti States, to emerge the leader and would represent the zone in the competition.

He stated further that the state contingent was drawn from Regina Mundi Girls School, Iwo and Goodness Comprehensive High School, Ikire.

Mr. Anjorin added that Ebonyi State came first with 40.5 points, while Rivers State came second with 38.5 points and Osun State came third with 38 points.

The NESREA director in the state lauded the performance of the students in the state traced to the interest and support of the state government.

Mr. Anjorin said the love of Governor Rauf Aregbesola for the environment and cleanliness of the state made him pronounced a 90-day emergency sanitation exercise.

The vision and the passion of Mr. Rauf Aregbesola had reflected in the attitudinal change and awareness of the pupils across the state on issues and matters relating to the environment, as they have become environmental vanguards in educating and enlightening their parents and their neighbourhood.

He therefore solicited for the inclusion of environmental studies in schools’ curriculum, so as to mitigate against environmental hazards, as currently experienced in the nation.

Mr. Anjorin concluded that the trophy and gifts won by the participating schools would be presented to the state government at a later date.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by hercules07: 9:02am On Nov 12, 2011
Gbawe o ti tooooooooooooooooooo. You don win, you don win, you don win. It is a good thing to keep our governors on their toes and if development comes via Beaf harassing Aregbesola, I have no complaints whatsoever. You should even thank PDP for employing beaf, people are beginning to focus on Osun and as Aregbe performs, more investments will come to the state.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Demdem(m): 10:24am On Nov 12, 2011
Exactly, all these criticism are healthy and Welkom in as much as the state will be better for it. We stop have states in this country that we don't even hear of. States like ebonyi, taraba, zamfara etc.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by felifeli: 10:36am On Nov 12, 2011
This is so amusing.  I laugh in Ujesa   grin grin

I have been restraining myself to contribute to this thread. I wish the people of Osun State well, if truly they are satisfied with their governor. I am  in the diaspora but I certainly don't share this "commend" thing at all from the little I see whenever I visit and from what I hear from my people living in the state.
As for this thread, it astounds that the only quotes we ever find in support are from Osun Defenders - a paper wholly set up to prop up and to promote Aregbesola. (Do  note that Osun Defender was started as a campaign organ for Aregbesola when fighting to become governor after his "stolen election" and  was rabidly critical of the previous governor Oyinlola, so it is really not Osun Defender but rather Aregbesola Defender  grin)

In any case my bible says that the truth will from the mouth of two or more people be established , not from only one. Is there any other newspaper that corroborates these Osun Defender stories ? If so please always place  the links alongside.
Thank you
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Desola(f): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2011
Mo ti daye tipe o, e jowo e ma so be mo o.

Mo logun eru, mi si tun l'egberun ofa.

Itan niwonyen o, oun to fe da la bere, itan ko la fe je o.

Story!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Beaf: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2011
felifeli:

This is so amusing. I laugh in Ujesa grin grin

I have been restraining myself to contribute to this thread. I wish the people of Osun State well, if truly they are satisfied with their governor. I am in the diaspora but I certainly don't share this "commend" thing at all from the little I see whenever I visit and from what I hear from my people living in the state.
As for this thread, it astounds that the only quotes we ever find in support are from Osun Defenders - a paper wholly set up to prop up and to promote Aregbesola. (Do note that Osun Defender was started as a campaign organ for Aregbesola when fighting to become governor after his "stolen election" and was rabidly critical of the previous governor Oyinlola, so it is really not Osun Defender but rather Aregbesola Defender grin)

In any case my bible says that the truth will from the mouth of two or more people be established , not from only one. [size=14pt]Is there any other newspaper that corroborates these Osun Defender stories ? If so please always place the links alongside.
Thank you[/size]

Lol! Of course, there is none. But Gbawe just might find something from Ovation magazine! grin
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Beaf: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
Rewind. . . grin

[size=14pt]Aregbesola builds 3rd Mainland Bridge, repaints Abuja!!! Buys Moon!!!
Celebrate!!! Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Pop sontin!
All RASCALS, please stand up!

The most useless governor is only left with his usual high stories. embarassed
Mek una dance e! grin grin grin grin
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

[size=14pt]Gbawe! Gbawe!! Gbawe!!![/size]
Do you work for Osun Defender? Lolzzzzz!
Gbawe! Aside from organising the 19 bus aluta trip (which was simply arrested at Lokoja), while workers are owed several months salaries, what other achievement does Aregbe have? shocked
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Beaf: 12:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
Gbawe:

Aregbesola the fake Fidel Castro. [size=14pt]Who is he fooling? [/size]

[size=14pt]Exactly, bruv! cool
When will he pay the long suffering workers of Osun state?
Oh, I forgot! He actually said he wasn't lected to pay workers! Na wa![/size]
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Olalekan0(m): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
Fellas,Aregbesola deserves no accolades whatsoever given the significant increment in Osun state's monthly allocation which currently stands at 8billion as against 2billion obtainable during the immediate past governor:Oyinlola's reign. The surge in the allocation was facilitated by Omisore when he was chairman,Senate Committee on Appropriation bill,he ostensibly thought he was the heir apparent to take over from oyinlola,but Aregbesola fraudulently emerged governor and is lavishing the money now. Even if and when he startes executing projects,i'd still not herald him unless he's able to compete with the fasholas,Chimes and the Akpabios of this world cos 8billion is no joke.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by hercules07: 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
Olalekan please crawl back to where you came from, Aregbesola should compete with governors who earn multiples of what his state earns abi?
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
Seriously? So we have now turned to SPAMMING/FLOODING the thread with UNRELATED articles IN DESPERATE attempts to justify Praising Aregbesola for a reviving  a rail program he has little or nothing to do with at this point except for suggesting terminals, asking for help,  and making what is likely starting payments for plans which are still in the future? Jeezzzz!!!

Someone call on @Becomerich to help you there!!!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
felifeli:

This is so amusing.  I laugh in Ujesa   grin grin

I have been restraining myself to contribute to this thread. I wish the people of Osun State well, if truly they are satisfied with their governor. I am  in the diaspora but I certainly don't share this "commend" thing at all from the little I see whenever I visit and from what I hear from my people living in the state.
As for this thread, it astounds that the only quotes we ever find in support are from Osun Defenders - a paper wholly set up to prop up and to promote Aregbesola. (Do  note that Osun Defender was started as a campaign organ for Aregbesola when fighting to become governor after his "stolen election" and  was rabidly critical of the previous governor Oyinlola, so it is really not Osun Defender but rather [b]Aregbesola Defender
 grin)

In any case my bible says that the truth will from the mouth of two or more people be established , not from only one. Is there any other newspaper that corroborates these Osun Defender stories ? If so please always place  the links alongside.[/b]
Thank you

Glad to know I am not the only one thinking that!
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by babsaga: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
THANK GOD PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO SEE THINGS FROM THE RIGHT PERSPECTIVE. TO ME, ALL THE PROGRAMS EMBARKED UPON BY THIS SO CALLED GOVERNOR ARE EMPTY. TALK OF OREAP, OCLEAN, OTOUR AND SO ON AND SO FORTH. THEY ARE PROGRAMS SET UP TO JUST KEEP THINGS FROM GETTING TOO COLD. IF TRULY YOU LIVE IN OSUN YOU WILL KNOW THIS MAN IS NOT DOING ANYTHING. AND THE CASE OF RAILWAY, IS ONLY A FOOL AND ILLITERATE THAT WILL POST AREGBE AS THE ONE REVIVING RAIL TRANSPORTATION, WHAT A DAFT, I GUESS IS ONE OF THOSE OYES.
AREGBE CAN NOT START ANYTHING CONCRETE BUT CAN HIJACK FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROGRAM. ANY WAY THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by Beaf: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
babsaga:

THANK GOD PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO SEE THINGS FROM THE RIGHT PERSPECTIVE. TO ME, ALL THE PROGRAMS EMBARKED UPON BY THIS SO CALLED GOVERNOR ARE EMPTY. TALK OF [size=14pt]OREAP, OCLEAN, OTOUR[/size] AND SO ON AND SO FORTH. THEY ARE PROGRAMS SET UP TO JUST KEEP THINGS FROM GETTING TOO COLD. IF TRULY YOU LIVE IN OSUN YOU WILL KNOW THIS MAN IS NOT DOING ANYTHING.

"OYES!" All programmes to catch rats and nothing more. angry

babsaga:

. . .
[size=14pt]AND THE CASE OF RAILWAY, IS ONLY A FOOL AND ILLITERATE THAT WILL POST AREGBE AS THE ONE REVIVING RAIL TRANSPORTATION, WHAT A DAFT, I GUESS IS ONE OF THOSE OYES.
AREGBE CAN NOT START ANYTHING CONCRETE BUT CAN HIJACK FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PROGRAM.[/size] ANY WAY THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.

Preach, bro. Preach. cool
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by OlaPhils(m): 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2011
Nigerians, we get BIG MOUTH, we too talk. any way, if work no dey for man to do, at least man must ve some thing to say now. aregberasca grin grin grin
Re: Osun Indigenes Commend Aregbesola For Resurrecting Train Service by MCMLXXVI(m): 3:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
So, all along, this man was claiming Jonathan's FG railway works as his? Chaaai!!! My goodness. Aregbesola and lies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Kills 4 At Mafoni Ward, Maiduguri / Amina Mohammed And Morocco Hold Trade Meeting In Rabat / EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.