Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall (445 Views)

Senate Expresses Worry Of Fresh Naira Fall / This Is The Most CREDIBLE Explanation I've Seen For The Naira Fall. (vid) / My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Finesse247: 10:02pm On Feb 21
Nigeria needs to upscale the manucfaturing industries like Indonesia, Brasil, India are countriesn that have done so by requesting from China. The type of products that China is exporting to these countries have been shifting. Chinas export of intermediate goods or goods that require further processing to become a finished product should be our prority.
Nigeria should prioritize the development of her own manufacturing industries, we should stop the importation of finished product from China but focus our interest on Chinese investment, technology and know how to develop our own domestic capacities and jobs. This was the exclusive request by the Indonesian government recently to the representative of Chinese company. This is also where the importance of intermediate goods come in, since they are used in the manufacturing of final products or adding value. This includes getting a machinery and tool to produce the final consumer products.
Leet me summarize it with the following examples.
1. Request Chinese manufacturers of electronics to set up the plants in Nigeria. eg. Smartphones, laptops, CCTV cameras, Television, bulbs, speakers etc. (This will create more jobs in Nigeria and start building the capacity of the next generation for independent manucfacturing.
2. Getting machineries and tools for industries here to start producing packaging materials.
3. Revive Ajaokuta steel for iron and steel supply cos industries locate near raw materials .
4. Governmeent mist provide enabling envinronment for them
4. We can begin to export finished products to other African countries.
Government can take a bold step of banning these prroducts and see if they wont come to locate their companies here. We have the market size
Cc Fergie001 mynd44

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Finesse247: 10:11pm On Feb 21
Front page
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by ozo13(m): 10:17pm On Feb 21
They know all this my Chief .this isn't going to benefit the Chinese and they know our leaders are people that love to be given financial inducement and they Sharperly look the other way. Like the white man caught doing a substandard road by minister of works earlier this month and it was made known na our people teach am the way to do am substandard so that they will all share the money.
So the Chinese are more interested in finishing the products in their own country so as to maximize job opportunities for it citizens but our own dummy political class are just after the bribe and not the interest of the country

2 Likes

Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Finesse247: 10:33pm On Feb 21
ozo13:
They know all this my Chief .this isn't going to benefit the Chinese and they know our leaders are people that love to be given financial inducement and they Sharperly look the other way. Like the white man caught doing a substandard road by minister of works earlier this month and it was made known na our people teach am the way to do am substandard so that they will all share the money.
So the Chinese are more interested in finishing the products in their own country so as to maximize job opportunities for it citizens but our own dummy political class are just after the bribe and not the interest of the country
I believe if the president has the political will. It can be actualized. Do you?

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by JagabanB: 10:38pm On Feb 21
We have been preaching this for ages now, but the average Nigerian will tell you that for suggesting that, it means you don't know business because you can't do business in Nigeria, but you can do lots of manufacturing in Nigeria.
In terms of agriculture, we should be 100% self reliant, what I advise is governments, both FG and SG should invest heavily in this sector including private individuals.
The number of successful industries in country determines it's economic strength, successful industries will create employment for the people, solve the problem of demand and supply and generate money for the founder but the average Nigerian wants to fold his arms and then a successful country will fall from the blues sky.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by stonemasonn: 10:45pm On Feb 21
Can't be done in one day.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by ozo13(m): 10:47pm On Feb 21
Finesse247:

I believe if the president has the political will. It can be actualized. Do you?
definitely it can be achieve once they decide to put the interest of the country first
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Nigeriakan: 11:00pm On Feb 21
Finesse247:

It doesn't look like the President has the interest of the country at heart. These are good measures they can take to make the country great. Unfortunately, we lack leaders who truly love Nigeria. The good news is, these people won't be able to withstand the consequences of their actions and inactions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Sangoamadioha1: 11:28pm On Feb 21
JagabanB:
We have been preaching this for ages now, but the average Nigerian will tell you that for suggesting that, it means you don't know business because you can't do business in Nigeria, but you can do lots of manufacturing in Nigeria.
In terms of agriculture, we should be 100% self reliant, what I advise is governments, both FG and SG should invest heavily in this sector including private individuals.
The number of successful industries in country determines it's economic strength, successful industries will create employment for the people, solve the problem of demand and supply and generate money for the founder but the average Nigerian wants to fold his arms and then a successful country will fall from the blues sky.

When Buhari closed boarder to rice importation to encourage local production of rice with financial support by central bank, Nigerians complained and resisted even the farmers themselves sabotaged the program.
The solution to Nigeria's problems lies in the hands of Nigerians. When we are ready we will sit up.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Minsk24: 6:13am On Feb 22
Good idea to an extent, but u cannot just ban import, not every product can make economic sense to be produced in Nigeria, Nigeria first has to tackle insecurity and create a good business environment... the government should observe specific sectors where Nigeria can have a competitive edge in manufacturing and make necessary long term plans including more massive education for the youth to increase talent pool....
Simply put, manufacturing must be well planned because we have a globalized economy now, u have to carefully find out sectors that u can have a competitive edge ...
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Ofunaofu: 6:44am On Feb 22
Finesse247:

Unfortunately, Tinubu has no willpower to do that. 

political or otherwise

He got none.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by skj1377(m): 7:09am On Feb 22
The crash in Naira is caused by speculation simple.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by JagabanB: 7:47am On Feb 22
Sangoamadioha1:

When Buhari closed boarder to rice importation to encourage local production of rice with financial support by central bank, Nigerians complained and resisted even the farmers themselves sabotaged the program.
The solution to Nigeria's problems lies in the hands of Nigerians. When we are ready we will sit up.
Farmers, BOA staffs as well as the companies who took the contract all sabotaged it, I saw a woman who can barely without assistance receiving such loans and they gave it to her.
The quantity of embezzled by Nigerians from agricultural program under Buhari is alarming but since it's not convenient for the bIamè game, we all prefer to sweep it under the carpet.
Those who were sincere in that program were frûstràted.
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by curfew: 8:38am On Feb 22
Thank you. What is Nigeria?
Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Sangoamadioha1: 9:28am On Feb 22
JagabanB:

Farmers, BOA staffs as well as the companies who took the contract all sabotaged it, I saw a woman who can barely without assistance receiving such loans and they gave it to her.
The quantity of embezzled by Nigerians from agricultural program under Buhari is alarming but since it's not convenient for the bIamè game, we all prefer to sweep it under the carpet.
Those who were sincere in that program were frûstràted.

We are saying the same thing. Nigerians are Nigeria's problem. When we are ready we will sit up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Proposed Solution To The Naira Fall by Finesse247: 11:25am On Feb 22
skj1377:
The crash in Naira is caused by speculation simple.
Not speculation

(1) (Reply)

Last Election Has Confirmed That The North Population Is Rapidly Dropping / UK Parliamentarian Exposes How Gowon Looted CBN To London (video) / Dele Momodu Is 52 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.