Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy (15132 Views)

How Nigerians Contribute To Election Rigging They Complain About - Bishop Onah / Did Tradermoni Contribute To Buhari's Support In The South East And South West? / In Spite Of Difficulty, President Buhari Has Been Growing The Economy - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by EponObi: 2:07pm On Feb 22
olaxm:

Hello Bro,

Everything you said was on point.. We learned about blockchain crypto stuff from google. This one who ask questions is one of gullible people who carry smart phone around and can't update his brain thru Google.
Abeg, is there's a way I can get to contact you. I need ur guide on airdrops. I have never taken airdrop serious since I have been into crypto. Please bro let get connected. Thanks

You are on point. But sorry, I can't get in contact with you for privacy reasons. What I can do is to give you a couple of twitter accounts you can follow. Just follow them and do as they instruct. By God's grace, you will win biggly before the end of this year. Just follow them religiously.

- CC2Ventures
- Mztacat
- Olimpiocrypto
- Abrahamchase
- Cryptomama

Ensure you follow the right accounts and not the impersonators.

PS: sinanaira, Humbleself1976, Determinedbobo and MrProlific95 I'm sorry I won't reply to your DM. If you need guidance with regards to airdrops, follow the accounts I posted above. I'm sorry.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by EponObi: 2:11pm On Feb 22
AerialMapper:

They won't read your response cos it doesn't fit their agenda.
I got the ARB and TIA airdrops and I know what this did for me.
We will see them fail woefully since they want to lay blame on what isn't to blame for their incompetence!

! This testimony gladens my heart. We will keep on hustling, our light will shine. What Nigeria couldn't do for us, we will grab it from crypto. 2025 is our year!
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by EponObi: 2:13pm On Feb 22
Hotice085:

So why do you think we have minister for Digital economy, plz stop wasting your time illiterate people will always say shit

Our ministers are clueless. Even our Minister of Information, Bosun wey I think will outperform, na mumu him just dey do. Just paparazzi with no tangible progress. And he was one of the top critics of the previous government in the Niaja Tech space. So disappointing.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by EponObi: 2:15pm On Feb 22
JimohMomoh:

You nailed it.

Crypto was what made me survive Buhari 8 years of economic disaster.
I was able to buy 5 houses of my choice in different locations during the last bull run.

God bless Satoshi Nakamoto

Me too bro! Even though 2022 was very tough.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by olaxm: 2:39pm On Feb 22
He running a program for how to build website to nigerian as a tech guru he call himself. This country can make a clown the king.

Our ministers are clueless. Even our Minister of Information, Bosun wey I think will outperform, na mumu him just dey do. Just paparazzi with no tangible progress. And he was one of the top critics of the previous government in the Niaja Tech space. So disappointing. [/quote]
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by LordBillionz: 4:28pm On Feb 22
Hotice085:

Says one Agbero from illasamja
Ok. And you're who?

And in addition to that, can you at least say one or two things that makes Crypto different or list at least tow positive contribution of crypto on the a nations economy...

Use Nigeria as a use or study case.

If you don't reply and answer this, then I will respond to your name calling.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by ehhmah(m): 4:46pm On Feb 22
wink
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by christistruth01: 4:48pm On Feb 22
Epstein:
it provides 50 million jobs....??

419 provides Jobs

Is it the type of Jobs the Nation needs
No !!
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Hydroxide(m): 5:22pm On Feb 22
LordBillionz:

Ok. And you're who?

And in addition to that, can you at least say one or two things that makes Crypto different or list at least tow positive contribution of crypto on the a nations economy...

wetin concern crypto and Nigeria economy? What has the government contributed to the Nigerian Economy? Answer that one first.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by seanwilliam(m): 5:23pm On Feb 22
Mindlog:
Severally used it to exchange my naira to different currencies without stressing Nigerian banks nor BDC

I use my naira to pay for USDT/ETH/BTC from traders on exchanges selling in Naira, when received, I sell them to traders buying in Kenyan shillings and British Pounds, having them pay into my Kenyan and UK bank account, I also use it to remit funds back to Nigeria from these 2 countries.....so no pressure on Nigerian banks

lol this man just dropped update worths millions of naira for street .. I can bet my life that 99% of people reading this won’t understand grin
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by LordBillionz: 5:39pm On Feb 22
Hydroxide:
wetin concern crypto and Nigeria economy? What has the government contributed to the Nigerian Economy? Answer that one first.
I would have answered your questions but the first question of yours made you unqualified and undeserving of an answer.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by efemena5050(m): 5:57pm On Feb 22
.....crypto analysis from All ramifications have an asymmetrical relationship with the countries economic values (from currency to balance of payments and balance of trade) most especially when the country is operating on a deficit budget ....trade disequilibrium ...fall in GDP potentials......add crypto to all this anomaly's and watch the economy of the country bleed ..... although banning crypto like Nigeria will reduce the arbitraige value between fx.....but not sustainable as speculators will go back to looking for loopholes which will turn prompt the arbitraige again ....crypto related activities in a rickety economy with bastards leaders and mumu (gullible )citizens like Nigeria will do more harm than Good

[/quote]
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Hotice085: 6:10pm On Feb 22
LordBillionz:

Ok. And you're who?

Wetin concern Agbero with overload, what you don't know you will never know
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by silaswills01(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22
EponObi:

The guy na ignoramus. Lmaoooo.

I hate it when I see people who doesn't know shit posture like the are knowledgeable. The ignorants among us are always the loudest.

Exactly!
Being ignorant and arrogant too
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Hydroxide(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22
LordBillionz:

I would have answered your questions but the first question of yours made you unqualified and undeserving of an answer.

you're just ignorant of what crypto is about? If you want to know what crypto is all about and it's contribution to the Nigerian Economy, you should do your research on that, nobody is gonna Enlighten you. You should rather stick your ass to the Nigerian government and their contribution to the economy. Economy when dey smell.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Mindlog: 7:22pm On Feb 22
seanwilliam:

lol this man just dropped update worths millions of naira for street .. I can bet my life that 99% of people reading this won’t understand grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Love800(m): 8:03pm On Feb 22
Interesting.
You were the only person i understood very well. The rest are speaking too many grammars dat makes it hard for one to comprehend.

I want to ask. So how can one start with dis crypto. Having a phone is the first tin, right?
solashola:
It is like asking what has Gold contributed to the economy.
Crypto is a store of value against inflation. Because Fiat (which is another name for local currency) has infinite suppy,
over time, fiat suffers inflation as a result of governments all over the world printing unlimited supply of their local currency.
Ask yourself, 1 naira in the 1980s, can it buy the same thing now in 2024, IT CAN'T. Because of inflation.
Every citizen is at the mercy of inflation, that was why the original whitepaper of bitcoin pointed out that fact.
Due to the inifinite supply of Fiat, the citizens are playing on an unfair playing field. (Your money in your bank account
will get worthless overtime)
Then comes crypto (which is a store of value against inflation like gold).
In order to safeguard yourself against inflation, buying bitcoin helps you achieve that.
Crypto can benefit the economy in 2 ways.
1. Sane Governments all over the world are now hedging their reserve in bitcoin and gold, the aim is to protect their local currency.
Example in 2015, 1 bitcoin was $200, assuming the government had converted $100 million to bitcoin, they would have 500,000 bitcoin.
today worth is $25,000,000,000. That reserve can now be used to dispense $1 billion over a 25 years period.
That is why the US has approved Bitcoin ETFs, so normal citizens can now diversify their pension funds in Bitcoin.
2. The naira has infinte supply, so if a new government comes and secretly prints more naira, it dilute the current supply and causes
more inflation. you can store your currency in bitcoin to hedge against that, and then pay your capital gain taxes when u sell, hence
helping the economy.

The reason Nigeria is suffering is because many people have zero to no knowledge of crypto, we have many cryptocurrency, but bitcoin is the main one due to its tokenomics which makes it more and more scarce every 4 years. Many people lose money trading crypto, crypto is not designed for trading as much as gold too is not designed for trading, it is for investment and a store of value overtime.
Buy some bitcoin today and hedge yourself against excessive printing of the naira and inflation.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Love800(m): 8:07pm On Feb 22
Tanks for dis piece.

But what are the tins, one can use it for?
linearity:

Crypto provides the same benefits as your local bank and more.

Additionally, it is more secure than your local bank, it is not as limited to geographical boundaries as your local bank, it is like a world wide common currency.

The benefits and uses are endless, you can use it to do anything you use money to do but on a global scale.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by solashola: 12:21am On Feb 23
Love800:
Interesting.
You were the only person i understood very well. The rest are speaking too many grammars dat makes it hard for one to comprehend.

I want to ask. So how can one start with dis crypto. Having a phone is the first tin, right?

To start with crypto, you first have to understand BULL and BEAR cycles.
Bull cycles are the period where the prices of crypto goes up for a continuous period until a top is formed
while BEAR cycles are the period where prices of crypto goes down for a continuous period until a bottom is formed.

Before you think of starting crypto, try and identify the cycle of the market we are in.

Crypto has a 3 years BEAR cycle and a 1 year BULL cycle.
Jan 2018 to Nov 2020 - Bear cycle
Dec 2020 to Oct 2021 - Bull cycle
Nov 2021 to May 2024 - Bear cycle
June 2024 to ----------- - Bull cycle

To be successfully, you only buy during the bear cycle and only sell during the bull cycle.
When we get to the bull cycle and you start hearing everyone screaming that crypto is pumping and everyone is excited,
that is when you know you have to sell.
The reason 99% of people lose money in crypto is due to this 1 fact: They buy during the bull cycle and panic sell during the bear cycle.

To start, go to coinmarketcap.com, it has a list of all the cryptos.
look at the top 10, study everything about each and if you are convinced, take the plunge and invest. You will find the places you can buy each there.
BUT MAKE sure you are only buying it during the BEAR cycle,after buying it then wait, wait and wait. The moment you start hearing everyone
talking about how crypto is pumping, everyone is now starting to buy as prices are going crazy, that is your clue to sell.
Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Elloch: 12:57am On Feb 23
Cryptocurrency will be much more important and informable if it's regulated and it awareness created .there are lot of nigerians who are swimming in poverty today and poverty is already eating up there body .this picture shows how it means to be eaten up by poverty.if you are reading this ,so try and create free awareness to the poor ones and jobless ones at the street ways when ever you see them you gonna know them .you know them but what they say and other ways you think you should know this poor people who are been eating up by poverty.create memories and so that people will also create memory of you when you are old by you doing this to the poor nigerians .this picture below is showing how poverty are them up.

1 Share

Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by dmd445: 4:23am On Feb 23
We in Russia hate oppressive gvt. With ban on crypto and forex trading platforms, the gvt wants you to be poor and easily controlled like tools. Soon social media like facebook, twitter and even nairaland can be banned. Dont let them mess you up. We show you the way out. Time to go underground like is obtainable in china, north korea. contact us dmd445@outlook.com
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Iamanoited: 7:42am On Feb 23
NOTHING. JUST USE NIGERIA AS A CRUDE CURRENCY TRAFFIC DEPOT.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Iamanoited: 7:46am On Feb 23
NOTHING. JUST USE NIGERIA AS A CRUDE CURRENCY TRAFFIC DEPOT.

BAN E-NAIRA. BAN ABOKISM. BAN POS. BAN CASHLESS BUYING AND SELLING. SHOOT EMEFIELE AND BUHARI.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Love800(m): 7:53am On Feb 23
When does one know when it is bull or bear periods or cycles?

Does the coinmarketcap have an app? Or it is just a site.
solashola:

To start with crypto, you first have to understand BULL and BEAR cycles.
Bull cycles are the period where the prices of crypto goes up for a continuous period until a top is formed
while BEAR cycles are the period where prices of crypto goes down for a continuous period until a bottom is formed.

Before you think of starting crypto, try and identify the cycle of the market we are in.

Crypto has a 3 years BEAR cycle and a 1 year BULL cycle.
Jan 2018 to Nov 2020 - Bear cycle
Dec 2020 to Oct 2021 - Bull cycle
Nov 2021 to May 2024 - Bear cycle
June 2024 to ----------- - Bull cycle

To be successfully, you only buy during the bear cycle and only sell during the bull cycle.
When we get to the bull cycle and you start hearing everyone screaming that crypto is pumping and everyone is excited,
that is when you know you have to sell.
The reason 99% of people lose money in crypto is due to this 1 fact: They buy during the bull cycle and panic sell during the bear cycle.

To start, go to coinmarketcap.com, it has a list of all the cryptos.
look at the top 10, study everything about each and if you are convinced, take the plunge and invest. You will find the places you can buy each there.
BUT MAKE sure you are only buying it during the BEAR cycle,after buying it then wait, wait and wait. The moment you start hearing everyone
talking about how crypto is pumping, everyone is now starting to buy as prices are going crazy, that is your clue to sell.
Goodluck
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by wirinet(m): 7:54am On Feb 23
Deogratiasfx:

A country that knows what is doing can even rely on Crypto to beautify their economy. Huge hard currency that is would even give u more than oil wells and gold reserves.
Was so shocked that the world is going crypto, Buhari was banning Crypto.
Imagine. So many ignorant people here. Binance has daily trading volume in excess of $10 billion, and I am not even started talking of other exchanges.

There are numerous crypto instruments and assets, ie NFTs, MemeCoins, altcoins, etc that ordinary people (some teenagers)are using to cash out millions, others are making millions mining cryptos and other blockchain technologies, and someone is asking what crypto contributes to the economy, in this era of web 3.0.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by eraglory: 8:10am On Feb 23
seanwilliam:

baba you sef cannot help someone with 1k?
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by wirinet(m): 8:21am On Feb 23
EponObi:

Me too bro! Even though 2022 was very tough.
Tell them, but don't let out the secret. Many Nigerian youths are making clean money with crypto.
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by solashola: 8:27am On Feb 23
Love800:
When does one know when it is bull or bear periods or cycles?

Does the coinmarketcap have an app? Or it is just a site.

Here is another pro tips, you don't need to even invest big money.
$10 in the right crypto can set you up. You can find undervalued projects in crypto, put $10 in and
make 1000x.
Here are a list of undervalued projects for anyone interested.
go to https://moonbags.fyi/
you will find a list of 15 undervalued projects, look for them on coinmarketcap, find out where to buy them.
Buy before may and sell in dec. Just $10 in each and you are good to go
THANK ME LATER
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by EponObi: 10:19am On Feb 23
wirinet:

Tell them, but don't let out the secret. Many Nigerian youths are making clean money with crypto.

Absolutely! Even if you announce on DStv, not everyone will take advantage. Lol
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Love800(m): 11:54am On Feb 23
Thankz so much
solashola:

Here is another pro tips, you don't need to even invest big money.
$10 in the right crypto can set you up. You can find undervalued projects in crypto, put $10 in and
make 1000x.
Here are a list of undervalued projects for anyone interested.
go to https://moonbags.fyi/
you will find a list of 15 undervalued projects, look for them on coinmarketcap, find out where to buy them.
Buy before may and sell in dec. Just $10 in each and you are good to go
THANK ME LATER
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by Danny1to1: 5:54pm On Feb 23
Check this out

https:///3T8FBuj
Re: What Does Crypto Contribute To The Economy by stokfrick: 6:48pm On Feb 23
EponObi:

Thank you.

Banning Binance is the right move by the FG. But note that Binance isn't wrong but they have their faults too.

Binance P2P is not price discovery system like they said in their announcement. It's just a platform where users transact like we used to do here on Nairaland and LocalBitcoins.

However, there are some bad elements using the P2P system to sabotage the country. They've been spoofing the order book.

What will happen next is Binance and the FG sitting at the table to iron out a few things.

Everyone using Binance already kyc'ed. They can fish out the saboteurs. In fact, Binance has started removing suspicious accounts. Aside this, the FG will make a deal with Binance to protected Naira. Soon, people won't be able to quote prices that are outside the official naira rate on Binance P2P marketplace.

The FG can't ban us totally from using exchanges or crypto because crypto is taking up some of the responsibilities of the FG regards employment. Also, Tinubu has plans to tax crypto earnings. So it's a goldmine Nigeria and this government can't afford to miss.

My brother these last 2 paragraphs of yours right there is the answer to all these problems,.
Simply work with binance to put a cap on the quoted p2p price to always reflect the official exchange rate.
Simple!!
Instead of outrightly banning what is creating jobs you can't create.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Lacks Integrity To Query Buhari’s Certificate, Says Tinubu / Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun / Reno Denies Accusing President Buhari Of Part-funding Hillary Clinton’s Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.