Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? (3611 Views)

Frank Mba: Nigerians Can Record Policemen But From Safe Distance (Video) / As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? / Ndigbo Please Listen To My Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Amumaigwe: 1:23pm On Feb 22
chopnaira:
I don't get you OP. They may have guess right in the past, hence other regions also guessed right by votinh for OBJ and Yar'Adua. It's nothing to do with Igbo voting for PDP.

If they were so excellent in making right choices like you claimed, they would have also elected food governors in their states.

Even Peter Obi that the SE all voted in block in this election cycle, can you explain the below? Alot of people did not vote Peter Obi in other region as we saw how he became a messiah overnight. Why do they suddenly like a man that they themselves called a failure in Anambra? 👇

You are really unwise. So all the evidence you have about Obi's inefficiency when he was governor are a handful of anonymous online posts?
So when he won Bill and Melinda Gates award as best Governor in healthcare delivery and Silverbird Governor of the year both in 2013 you were in limbo? These awards were from both local and international assessors. Also go to the internet and search for other Obi's awards while he was governor and harvest a basketful of them. You guys really deserve Nigeria.

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Sctests: 1:28pm On Feb 22
Vergovert:

Yes, we dey shout "epinpawa" in our land to tell our son, who is your President ,to provide solutions.

Unlike the vagabonds, economic migrants and scavengers from the shithole region where they now sell their babies to survive, while their ladies are employed as baby making machines in their baby factories.

My region is still the most prosperous in the country, that the reason why your fathers are killing themselves to go there to survive.

Empty barrels make the loudest noise.

Sumburudeen the Ebi npa wa vulture, you are no different from the almajiris who eats from the dustbin despite being in power for donkey years. grin

Na die you still dey. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Greenback: 1:29pm On Feb 22
Vergovert:

Whether you be okoro or nwafor no concern me, even if you be hybrid mixed blood, I care not.

But none of you will become president again.

Continue to labour in vain.
Yes that's your only consolation and achievement in life,that none of them will ever become president 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Look at ya own life and the life of those crying ebin pawa oooo and protesting everywhere,why don't they go and eat the presidency that belongs to them?

The north always wants power, presidency but got absolutely nothing to show for the years they held on to power.... Continue to hold on to presidency o 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Beverlyjean(f): 1:31pm On Feb 22
Vergovert:
I prefer Nigeria devides to having akpu munching gorilla as president.

You guys should continue to destroy the economy, your kind will never become the president.

Chi-mpanzee descendants will never become president in Nigeria.

Rule 2

Seun Nlfpmod dominique Obinoscopy mukina2
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Greenback: 1:31pm On Feb 22
Sctests:

Sumburudeen the Ebi npa wa vulture, you are no different from the almajiris who eats from the dustbin. Na die you still dey. grin
That's one highly frustrated human being for you 😁😁😁
He even registered his new account yesterday...mods don frustrate am finish 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Ugwuoke347(m): 1:43pm On Feb 22
nlreserve:
What you are wishing for is not possible. All we want is separation. Biafra shall come by the grace of God.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 2:37pm On Feb 22
FreedomfromtheT:

What if some of these faceless 'obidients' are actually planted by Peter Obi's opponents and Igbo haters to make you continue to reject the right candidate who can salvage this country from its current mess?
Please let's think about it.
God bless Nigeria.

We have been on Nairaland long enough to know who is doing what?

Compare your own mild thoughtful response to the other ones that I have received in this same thread just for espousing my view. Are they planted by Tinubu/APC as well.

Not that the needless insults and abuses bother me one bit. I am just using them to make a point.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 2:47pm On Feb 22
ScamHunter:

But hunger is already making you mad na? You that harass and beat people physically during election is claiming saint. Hypocrite

Are you OK at all, have you seen me beating anyone?
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Gerrard59(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22
FreedomfromtheT:
Some people are trading blames over who is the worse president between Muhammadu Buhari and Bola Tinubu.
ns.
They will likely get it right next.
But will the Igbophobia people reason beyond petty tribalism?

As I have stated countless times on Nairaland, if you put a pig against Udom Emmanuel, the majority of Nigerians WOULD gladly campaign and vote for that pig instead of Udom simply because Igbos support Udom. Mind you, Udom is an Ibibio man and Ibibios are not Igbos, but the very fact that Igbos support him would have other Nigerians vote for a pig to be the country's president.

You should learn to understand the mindset of your fellow Nigerians. The earlier you do, the better.

Gerrard59:
There are the tribalists, too. As long as it does affect other ethnic groups, especially Igbos, they are satisfied. Their sole aim is never to see an Igbo man or someone who Igbos support in Aso Rock. It gives them an erection so bad!

Organise an election today between Tinubu vs Peter Obi, and the former would win for that very reason. Pit Akpabio vs Kwankwaso, and the latter would win it. Do Atiku vs Jonathan and the Waziri of Adamawa would win. In fact, pit Udom Emmanuel against a goat and your fellow Nigerians would vote for that goat.

You need to understand how your fellow Nigerians think.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Ofodirinwa: 3:43pm On Feb 22
AmuDimpka:

Yoruba and Hausa Fulani has been making terrible decisions in this country and this population are becoming a sore point ... We have to excise and excuse them from Nigeria

Enough of their wahala

very aimless people that want to kill themselves. And they will talk about it as if there is something intelligent they have figured out and Igbos need to figure out and join. As a member of the human species, what will make me elect Buhari or Tinubu into a position that can change my life? I would not trust either to competently look after a bicycle for a day talkless of a country. Do they know what a country or economy is?
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by absoluteSuccess: 7:02pm On Feb 22
Nyouth:
oga see where you get it wrong, nobody need to win you. You do the right thing for the sake of your own life, but you are still reasoning like a black fool,

I've only asked a question, I don't understand how my race and fool come to the picture, anyway, thanks for the best answer you can give as a typical white nerd.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by AmuDimpka: 7:28pm On Feb 22
Ofodirinwa:

very aimless people that want to kill themselves. And they will talk about it as if there is something intelligent they have figured out and Igbos need to figure out and join. As a member of the human species, what will make me elect Buhari or Tinubu into a position that can change my life? I would not trust either to competently look after a bicycle for a day talkless of a country. Do they know what a country or economy is?
they keep making terrible decision from generation to generation....it is genetic and generic for them

Yoruba and Hausa Fulani technically ruined this nation with their ineptitude...so disgusting
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by AmuDimpka: 7:32pm On Feb 22
absoluteSuccess:

Wow. How do you win people to your conviction base on this short span of patience?

I loose my patience in front of stupidity and ineptitude which Nigerians have demonstrated Ober these decades
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by naija4life247: 7:33pm On Feb 22
FreedomfromtheT:
Some people are trading blames over who is the worse president between Muhammadu Buhari and Bola Tinubu.
But the Igbos who had earlier voted for Obsanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan rejected those two in 2015, 2019 and 2023.
You laughed the Igbos to scorn for so doing. They were called 'wailers'.
Who is laughing last and who is wailing loudest now?
Think about this. What if the prosperity of this great country Nigeria lies in the hands of an Igbo man?
Would you rather prefer that Nigeria continues the downward trends and suffering, hunger and insecurity intensifies just to spite the Igbo man?
Nigerians, can we please jettison Igbophobia and listen to the Igbos?
They got it right on three consecutive occasions.
They will likely get it right next.
But will the Igbophobia people reason beyond petty tribalism?

Whatever you just started smoking, stop it before it stops you
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Lovelive: 7:50pm On Feb 22
Don't change the narrative.
God is not stupid. Mother Nature shall do justice for us before God.
The card you are trying to play is known to us all and it is only played by the evil party Apc' members and supporters.
We, the apolitical masses are wiser now.

Time will tell ...

aswani:

You have brought up an excellent point, however you haven't listed the whole story.

Obidients, of which a huge majority are Ndigbo, were and are still extremely badly behaved on social media.

Sometimes in life, you have to hold your nose and mouth and go into alliance with people in order to achieve your aim.

Till today, if anything negative happens in àlá Yoruba, Obidients are letting the whole world know how they are enjoying the bad news. You cannot play politics in such a manner. You will always be on the outside looking in.

GRV (who I know isn't Ndigbo but I am using to make a point) was so emboldened to take what can be perceived as an anti Yoruba stance leading up to Lagos state and was then surprised he lost.

You can't abuse Northerners, Yoruba Muslims and suddenly expect them to align their votes with you at the next elections, impossible.

Personally I would love to see an Ndigbo rule the country but I doubt it would happen until Obidients understand they can't change the game, they have to follow the rules
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Lovelive: 7:51pm On Feb 22
Very well said

AmuDimpka:
so if obidient were badly behaved as you said

Tinubu touts that were harrasing people and voters are well behaved....

Tinubu that was shouting people will labour in vain was well behaved

Tinubu that didn't give a Bleep about you either granting press conference,debates or interviews was well behaved

So because staff of a company that produces quality products are badly behaved that is the reason that you will buy a terrible products from another company that will kill you !

How do you guys even think?
You guys reasoning can be funny ?
You are now thinking like a Yoruba man...

Shame on you !
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Good2go1: 7:58pm On Feb 22
See chi-mpanzee deceiving his or herself, does your opinion count and how is taking you serious? I am sure you are one of the descendants of the fallen demon. You can only say that about your generation not my great tribe
Vergovert:
I prefer Nigeria devides to having akpu munching gorilla as president.

You guys should continue to destroy the economy, your kind will never become the president.

Chi-mpanzee descendants will never become president in Nigeria.

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Lovelive: 7:58pm On Feb 22
Keep quiet with this silly narrative.

For your information, I am not an Igbo man o.

Reflect7:
NIGERIANS DO NOT HATE IGBOS.

IT IS IGBOS WHO HATE NIGERIANS AND NIGERIA.

IGBOS GO ONLINE TRASHING NIGERIA ON A DAILY BASIS.

THEY ARE THE BIGGEST DRUG TRAFFICKERS IN AFRICA, TARNISHING NIGERIA'S IMAGE WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD.

WHEN A POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT IS POSTED ABOUT NIGERIA ON THIS FORUM, IGBOS RUSH INTO THE THREAD TO LAMBAST AND SCORN THE DEVELOPMENT.

GOOD NEWS ABOUT NIGERIA BITES THEM LIKE A SCORPION.

THEY LIED THAT OBI WON WHEN THEY KNOW FULL WELL HE DID NOT WIN.

THEY ARE DEEP TRIBALISTS.

OBI WAS CAUGHT ON TAPE TALKING ABOUT STARTING ''A RELIGIOUS WAR DADDY''.

APPARENTLY, THE BIAFRAN WAR WAS NOT ENOUGH FOR THEM.

MAYBE IF HE HAD WON, WE WOULD BE IN THE MIDDLE OF A BLOODY RELIGIOUS WAR RIGHT NOW, WITH MILLIONS DEAD.

NIGERIANS DO NOT TRUST IGBOS TO HANDLE POWER RESPONSIBLY AND NOT LOOK TO DESTROY THE NIGERIA THEY HATE SO MUCH BECAUSE THEY WANT TO CORNER THE NIGER DELTA RESOURCES WHICH THEY SEE AS ''RIGHTFULLY THEIRS'' BY REASON OF PROXIMITY, WITH NIGERIA STANDING IN THEIR WAY.

IGBOS DID THE FIRST COUP THAT DESTROYED THE FABRIC OF OUR DEMOCRACY AND UNITY, BY TARGETING PRIME MINISTER TAFAWA BALEWA AND LEADERS OF OTHER REGIONS FOR ASSASSINATION, LEAVING THEIR OWN LEADERS TO LIVE.

THAT LED ULTIMATELY TO A CIVIL WAR COSTING MILLIONS OF LIVES.

HOW CAN YOU JUST STORM THE HOUSES OF ELECTED CIVILIAN LEADERS AND SHOOT THEM DEAD?

BECAUSE OF WHAT?

HOW DARE YOU?

ALL THESE ARE WHY NIGERIANS DO NOT TRUST IGBOS TO LEAD, AND UNTIL IGBOS TURN A NEW LEAF AND BEGIN TO SHOW REAL PATRIOTISM FOR THE NIGERIAN NATION, NIGERIANS WILL RATHER DIE OF STARVATION THAN LET IGBOS LEAD THEM.

THANKS.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Reflect7: 8:20pm On Feb 22
Lovelive:
Keep quiet with this silly narrative.

For your information, I am not an Igbo man o.

WHO CARES WHO THE F.k YOU ARE?

IPOB SLAVE.

NIGERIANS WILL NOT BE HARASSED, INTIMIDATED, OR GASLIGHTED BY IGBOS. GO TELL THEM THAT, SINCE YOU ARE THEIR LITTLE SLAVE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by FreedomfromtheT: 9:16pm On Feb 22
naija4life247:

Whatever you just started smoking, stop it before it stops you
You can continue with your Igbophobia if that will improve your economy, curb insecurity, bring food on your table and improve the value of the naira.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by FreedomfromtheT: 9:19pm On Feb 22
Gerrard59:

As I have stated countless times on Nairaland, if you put a pig against Udom Emmanuel, the majority of Nigerians WOULD gladly campaign and vote for that pig instead of Udom simply because Igbos support Udom. Mind you, Udom is an Ibibio man and Ibibios are not Igbos, but the very fact that Igbos support him would have other Nigerians vote for a pig to be the country's president.

You should learn to understand the mindset of your fellow Nigerians. The earlier you do, the better.

So unfortunate.
Hope they are learning their lessons.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by absoluteSuccess: 9:25pm On Feb 22
AmuDimpka:
I loose my patience in front of stupidity and ineptitude which Nigerians have demonstrated Ober these decades

Yes, it's disheartening, but you must never give up. Thank God for life and let's be appreciative of the progress we are making. If you have been through the horror between IBB and Abacha to the transition, we'll pray the more and work much harder.

We have to continue to believe in a better future as a country and allow the process that leads to our breakthrough. We will always have the good and bad governance interchange to metamorphose to a more stable and consistence good governance, often.

You can't always win all the time, either good or bad.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by chidiokay: 9:31pm On Feb 22
AmuDimpka:
so if obidient were badly behaved as you said

Tinubu touts that were harrasing people and voters are well behaved....

Tinubu that was shouting people will labour in vain was well behaved

Tinubu that didn't give a Bleep about you either granting press conference,debates or interviews was well behaved

So because staff of a company that produces quality products are badly behaved that is the reason that you will buy a terrible products from another company that will kill you !

How do you guys even think?
You guys reasoning can be funny ?
You are now thinking like a Yoruba man...

Shame on you !

Since 1960 till date, mention the best leadership to ever come out of the East

A case study of Leadership in the East region, what quality or achievement make them enviable ...
As a tailor you want to sow the most vogue cloth for me No be weytin you wear i go look ... Tribalism indeed
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Think9ja(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22
AmuDimpka:
lewve Igbo alone ....they just want out of your messy nation....they are just sick and tired of Nigerieene

A messy situation they brought on the nation by launching the first coup and abolishing regional government because of greed for power. Immediately the power left them, they started advocating for the same thing they abolished.
Look, igbos did Nigeria dirty. Hausa only worsened it.

I'm ready to vote any igbo man other than that lying fraudster that parades himself as the messiah

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by chidiokay: 9:55pm On Feb 22
Ofodirinwa:

Nwanne can you reason like a homosapien? What are the rules of the game? Beating and maiming people at the polls? Rigging? Killing over ballot boxes? looting? Making your girlfriend or fellow lotter CBN or finance minister?

So Igbos should learn that stupidity? Igbos are trying to do things like normal members of the human species and you think they are stupid because they don't want to do politics like a pack of gorillas. If somebody is making sense, and sensible people follow them, Nigeria will improve. Tinubu got on stage and licked a microphone unprovoked. Are those the rules? When you and others were supporting him as he walked around the country urine soaked, rigging, licking microphone, forging certificate, promising corn and agbado, did you think that he will bring pride to Yorubas once he wins?

Now Yorubas are the laughing stock of Africa. Look at Afcon, every country used your brother to insult Nigerians as a whole. Now everyone online is yabbing Northerners and Yorubas because of him. So if 'na my brother' was supposed to be a flex, is this flexing?

If somebody is making sense, you support them. That is all Igbos do. Igbos supported Jonathan, Yar Adua, Obasanjo and Obi. They have rejected BUhari and Tinubu. Buhari did not hide his stupidity. Tinubu did not hide his stupidity. But some of you still followed because you're stupid like them. Just follow normal people and you will have a normal life. Follow stupid people and have a stupid life.

Life is choices and we must live to respect it, from time immemorial our choices as never aligned, IF SW take right SE will creat a road to take left and it as always being like that, dont know why some of you are acting as thou it began 2023

I just find it very funny when i hear SE accuse SW of tribalism, Tinubu losed two state in SW and he had @ about 58% votes from SW while SE accusing SW of Tribalism gave there son/brother 5 of 5 states over a 90% votes.

Point of correction ... if it were to be by Igbos vote OBJ, Yaradua, GEJ would never have won, these ex-leaders had reasonable votes from North & south, so take a chill pill

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by chidiokay: 10:18pm On Feb 22
Gerrard59:

IGBOs supported OBJ and GEJ are you suggesting they won via IGBO vote alone since Nigeria don't support who IGBO follow ... you people are just being emotional and unreasonable

GRV is a classical example of the IGBOs undoing, GRV wants to become a governor over same people he makes condescending remarks and see as lesser beings BUT he expect unconditional love in return
Naira scarcity 2023, Nigerians were suffering and die-in, IGBOs acted unconcern but somehow they just expect Magical love in return

I keep asking since 1960 what as Igbos done to show they love & believe in Nigeria, is it the remarks or continued called for Biafra, Yet these people question why Nigerians don't trust them. dey play

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Good2go1: 11:11pm On Feb 22
You have just spoken like a grandson of fallen demon that you are.
Vergovert:

It is so obvious that you guys are Chi-mpanzee descendants, you can tell by looking at many of your females who are yam legged with hairy bodies.

Great gorilla tribe indeed!
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by ValarDoharis: 7:21am On Feb 23
You're making it seems you're doing Igbos a favor if a competent president comes from the East. We don't care where the president is from, we thrive in all conditions!
aswani:

You have brought up an excellent point, however you haven't listed the whole story.

Obidients, of which a huge majority are Ndigbo, were and are still extremely badly behaved on social media.

Sometimes in life, you have to hold your nose and mouth and go into alliance with people in order to achieve your aim.

Till today, if anything negative happens in àlá Yoruba, Obidients are letting the whole world know how they are enjoying the bad news. You cannot play politics in such a manner. You will always be on the outside looking in.

GRV (who I know isn't Ndigbo but I am using to make a point) was so emboldened to take what can be perceived as an anti Yoruba stance leading up to Lagos state and was then surprised he lost.

You can't abuse Northerners, Yoruba Muslims and suddenly expect them to align their votes with you at the next elections, impossible.

Personally I would love to see an Ndigbo rule the country but I doubt it would happen until Obidients understand they can't change the game, they have to follow the rules
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by ValarDoharis: 7:22am On Feb 23
So its because of Obidients that they've not voted Igbo man as president since 1966?
aswani:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sacked Bank Chiefs Arraigned / We Know Sponsors Of Bomb Blasts- President Goodluck Jonathan / Soldier In Forest (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.