Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? (3595 Views)

Frank Mba: Nigerians Can Record Policemen But From Safe Distance (Video) / As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? / Ndigbo Please Listen To My Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by optionalY09: 7:29am On Feb 23
They have nothing to say and there mouth they smell shit
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by ValarDoharis: 7:35am On Feb 23
Will you become president? Or you're not ambitious?
Vergovert:

Whether you be okoro or nwafor no concern me, even if you be hybrid mixed blood, I care not.

But none of you will become president again.

Continue to labour in vain.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by AmuDimpka: 11:22am On Feb 23
Vergovert:

Thank you, but your kinds are slaves in Nigeria and slaves don't become ruler.

Nkpurumirri addict!
this is their slavery

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:08pm On Feb 23
FreedomfromtheT:
Ok.
Your desire and opinion.
But for now, the Igbos are still part of Nigeria and it appears the rest of Nigeria needs Igbos to come to their rescue politically.

Physicians heal thyself first.

Let Igbos rescue SE first.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:11pm On Feb 23
FreedomfromtheT:
I am not advocating for Igbos to be involved in any hardship protest.
My piece is directed to Igbo haters.
Would they rather prefer that Nigeria goes to the dogs than have a credible, competent and capable Igbo become president?

Why didn't Atiku win the 2023 presidential election? Why didn't Buhari win in 2003, 2007 and 2011? Could all these be due to hatred for the Fulanis?
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:16pm On Feb 23
Ofodirinwa:

Nwanne can you reason like a homosapien? What are the rules of the game? Beating and maiming people at the polls? Rigging? Killing over ballot boxes? looting? Making your girlfriend or fellow lotter CBN or finance minister?

So Igbos should learn that stupidity? Igbos are trying to do things like normal members of the human species and you think they are stupid because they don't want to do politics like a pack of gorillas. If somebody is making sense, and sensible people follow them, Nigeria will improve. Tinubu got on stage and licked a microphone unprovoked. Are those the rules? When you and others were supporting him as he walked around the country urine soaked, rigging, licking microphone, forging certificate, promising corn and agbado, did you think that he will bring pride to Yorubas once he wins?

Now Yorubas are the laughing stock of Africa. Look at Afcon, every country used your brother to insult Nigerians as a whole. Now everyone online is yabbing Northerners and Yorubas because of him. So if 'na my brother' was supposed to be a flex, is this flexing?

If somebody is making sense, you support them. That is all Igbos do. Igbos supported Jonathan, Yar Adua, Obasanjo and Obi. They have rejected BUhari and Tinubu. Buhari did not hide his stupidity. Tinubu did not hide his stupidity. But some of you still followed because you're stupid like them. Just follow normal people and you will have a normal life. Follow stupid people and have a stupid life.

Leave Yorubas (whom you have persistly demonized eventhough, a substantial number of them supported Peter Obi) and focus on convincing the remain 299 tribes in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:24pm On Feb 23
nlreserve:
You are very correct 💯. You have just stated the reason Nigeria can never get better. Nigeria can never get better because yoruba and Hausa consider relationships and sentiments when voting. As you have stated here. It's a simple truth. How can u choose to vote against someone because you don't like his followers? Are u voting competence or sentiments? This also happens during appointments. They appoint based on relationships and sentiments and at the end of the day, Nigeria continues to go down because they will be doing trial and error while the masses suffer the consequences. Nigeria will surely collapse one day, hopefully and everyone will fight for his region's control as the centre cannot manage them.

And it's a thing of joy for me to know that the generator republic is going down because I'm not proud of it. That's why we continue to pray for our Biafra to stand by God's grace.

So only Igbos gave Peter Obi the 6.1 million votes?

If Nigerians didn't vote for Peter Obi because he is Igbo, he wouldn't have been able to win in Lagos, Plateau or Edo States which are not Igbo States.

In Oyo State, many young people and Pentecostal Christians in SW Capital cities voted for Peter Obi but what they they get in return? Hatred, insults, curses.

Peter Obi won in virtually all the Polling units inside RCCG Redemption Camp but Obidients have consistently disrespected and denigrated Pastor Adeboye, the General Overseer of the church and always ridicule the RCCG daily on Social Media.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23
FreedomfromtheT:
You still have the same preelection mindset of rejecting the competent medical doctor who didn't wrong you and going for a quack doctor because the relatives and friends of the competent doctor don't relate well with you. That means your biase matters to you than your being alive.
Whatever obidients do or say is not new in Nigerian political history. Have we forgotten that the supporters of APC, former president Buhari and the incumbent president Tinubu did same or worse to president Jonathan yet they came to power and we have seen the results.
I'm yet to hear anyone say Peter Obi insulted them. All I read is obidients said this, obidients did that.
What if some of these faceless 'obidients' are actually planted by Peter Obi's opponents and Igbo haters to make you continue to reject the right candidate who can salvage this country from its current mess?
Please let's think about it.
God bless Nigeria.

Peter Obi's so called competence is NOT backed by any track record of achievements in his 8 years administration of Anambra State and many people who were criticising and cursing him for poor performance in Anambra State are now leading members of the Obidients,who have now elevated him to the status of the awaiting Messiah who has the magic wand to solve all problems in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:38pm On Feb 23
AmuDimpka:
my dear the way most Yoruba reason is funny

Did you see his analogy...they always demand respect without thinking actions through

Leave Yoruba, concentrate on other parts of Nigeria.

Peter Obi received 19% of the votes in the SW.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:41pm On Feb 23
franchasofficia:
Senseless people.

According to you senseless Nigerians from Southwest, how to play good politics is by remaining stupidly silent while a President destroys Nigeria.

Because Igbos refused to support Buhari and kept on criticizing Buhari's 8 years of failure as a President while the Yorubas remained silent even when Buhari's foolishness led to killing of Yorubas living in remote communities by Fulani herdsmen terrorists that is why Igbos didn't play good politics?

Igbos will only play good politics it they had looked the other way while Buhari destroyed Nigeria through appointing incompetent people from his tribe and religion. Just sit back and think of what you call how to play politics.

It is Yoruba peoples habit of playing idoncare politics of keeping quiet while useless Northern politicians plunged Nigeria into perpetual mess that led Nigeria where it is today.

Why do you think enmity and hostilities towards the Yorubas is the best path to your victory?

Leave the SW, try to win in the remaining 5 Geopolitical zones and you will be victorious.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 12:45pm On Feb 23
nlreserve:
Please, is Nigeria winning or loosing? Is life better today or worst. Lol! I don't want any Igbo, especially Obi to contest any election again in Nigeria. Let Nigeria sink let every region manage itself. While you or fulani continue to win, Nigeria and Nigerians continue to loose. I am enjoying it haha

Nigeria is winning.

This doesn't mean there are no problems, but Nigeria is on the right path.

With amendments of the constitution and other relevant laws, State Police will be established for each State to protect itself.

The initial negative effects of the economic reforms will be tackled and with time, more Nigerians will go into the EXPORT sector which will increase productivity.

Your negativities are Yours and not for everybody.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by nlreserve: 12:54pm On Feb 23
Na today? All those can't happen until the hardship forces you to revolt against your evil leaders.
oyatz:

Nigeria is winning.

This doesn't mean there are no problems, but Nigeria is on the right path.

With amendments of the constitution and other relevant laws, State Police will be established for each State to protect itself.

The initial negative effects of the economic reforms will be tackled and with time, more Nigerians will go into the EXPORT sector which will increase productivity.

Your negativities are Yours and not for everybody.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by oyatz(m): 11:29pm On Feb 23
nlreserve:
Na today? All those can't happen until the hardship forces you to revolt against your evil leaders.

Nigeria is a developing country and the problems of Nigeria goes beyond the leaders but a summation of all actions and in-actions of all the people in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by nlreserve: 12:09am On Feb 24
oyatz:

Nigeria is a developing country and the problems of Nigeria goes beyond the leaders but a summation of all actions and in-actions of all the people in Nigeria.
my dear, this is the bitter truth about Nigeria. Nigeria is made up of different people with different life styles and culture. The problem started when the British decided to force different people into one, not knowing that Africans are not oyibo.
Now, leaders fail to be patriotic because they can't see other tribes as theirs. They only work towards developing their own region leaving others behind. This mentality makes the region who are not able to produce leaders less developed thereby, causing hatred, anger and agitation.
If another leader comes up from another region, he tends to also satisfy himself and his region. Meaning that Nigeria is gaining and loosing. As time is going on, others at the top see Nigeria as a no man's country and throws away patriotism.
That's why the only solution is to break the country and go separate ways.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 8:29am On Mar 05
ValarDoharis:
So its because of Obidients that they've not voted Igbo man as president since 1966?

I am not talking about since 1966, when did Ndi Yoruba start snelling Presidency?

Weren't Azikwe and Ekwueme vice president while Awolowo was leading Ndi Yoruba in the political wilderness. Did the ones that come after him not learn from his mistakes and are now reaping his rewards? Same thing I am saying Ndigbo should do.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 8:32am On Mar 05
ValarDoharis:
You're making it seems you're doing Igbos a favor if a competent president comes from the East. We don't care where the president is from, we thrive in all conditions!

I am happy to hear that Ndigbo thrive in all conditions. I myself, as with lots of non Ndigbo, want an Ndigbo President but you wouldn't get it by the current style of antagonistic politics. That is the fact on ground.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by ValarDoharis: 11:28pm On Mar 05
Again, if you vote an Igbo man as president, you're not doing us a favour!
aswani:

I am happy to hear that Ndigbo thrive in all conditions. I myself, as with lots of non Ndigbo, want an Ndigbo President but you wouldn't get it by the current style of antagonistic politics. That is the fact on ground.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by ValarDoharis: 11:29pm On Mar 05
So whats the benefit of Tinubu's presidency to Yorubas exclusively?
aswani:

I am not talking about since 1966, when did Ndi Yoruba start snelling Presidency?

Weren't Azikwe and Ekwueme vice president while Awolowo was leading Ndi Yoruba in the political wilderness. Did the ones that come after him not learn from his mistakes and are now reaping his rewards? Same thing I am saying Ndigbo should do.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Idiko1: 1:08am On Mar 06
Anything less than unconditional disintegration of Nigeria is a waste of precious time.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Deadlytruth(m): 3:37am On Mar 06
Babaken:
To be Frank with you igbos are not hungry for presidency if you doubt bring the like of Okorocha or Orji uzo and let Osibanjo contest against them you will see Osibanjo will win more in the East they are after credibility .
Wasn't it the same you Easterners that voted these same Orji Uzor Kalu and Okorocha as governors over other better candidates that ran against them within that your same East?
In 1993 didn't you Easterners vote for the barely educated Alhaji Bashir Tofa over Abiola a first class graduate of Accountancy from the University of Glasgow? At independence which was the very critical and most defining moment about Nigeria's future, wasn't it you Easterners that rejected the far better AG-NCNC alliance proposal which would have thrown up Zik as prime minister but joined Northerners to vote for the NPC-NCNC coalition which put government in the hands of people from the most educationally backward region in Nigeria and till today? When you lots speak you speak with so much sanctimony that those of the indomie generation who don't know anything about your terrible past choices of very bad candidates over better ones will think you lots are just being victimized in Nigeria when in actual fact the Nigerian culture of voting the worst candidates over the better ones was instituted by your lots hence the mess Nigeria is today.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by lawani: 7:36am On Mar 06
Deadlytruth:

Wasn't it the same you Easterners that voted these same Orji Uzor Kalu and Okorocha as governors over other better candidates that ran against them within that your same East?
In 1993 didn't you Easterners vote for the barely educated Alhaji Bashir Tofa over Abiola a first class graduate of Accountancy from the University of Glasgow? At independence which was the very critical and most defining moment about Nigeria's future, wasn't it you Easterners that rejected the far better AG-NCNC alliance proposal which would have thrown up Zik as prime minister but joined Northerners to vote for the NPC-NCNC coalition which put government in the hands of people from the most educationally backward region in Nigeria and till today? When you lots speak you speak with so much sanctimony that those of the indomie generation who don't know anything about your terrible past choices of very bad candidates over better ones will think you lots are just being victimized in Nigeria when in actual fact the Nigerian culture of voting the worst candidates over the better ones was instituted by your lots hence the mess Nigeria is today.

People don't really understand that history. An NCNC/AG alliance would have meant the end of Nigeria. The NPC wanted nothing less than the PM position without which the North would have exited the union.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by gidgiddy: 7:39am On Mar 06
Nigeria has long gone down the drain, conduct referendum let everyone gonand form their seperate countries
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Deadlytruth(m): 7:55am On Mar 06
lawani:

People don't really understand that history. An NCNC/AG alliance would have meant the end of Nigeria. The NPC wanted nothing less than the PM position without which the North would have exited the union.

Wouldn't an end to Nigeria have been better for you today? Was it compulsory for Nigeria to have existed in the first instance? If yes, why have you been seeking Biafra ever since 1967? In the event of the AG-NCNC alliance leading to the breakaway of the North, wouldn't the residual republic made up of only the present SW, SS, SE and parts of Middle Belt have been better and more prosperous today to the admiration of the whole world? So because you and your people feared that Nigeria would cease to exist you chose to deliberately make the wrongest choice just to see Nigeria remain? Has that Nigeria now not become an albatross to you? And yet you and your brothers are here accusing others of making wrong choices? Is that not a case of pot calling the kettle black?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Deadlytruth(m): 8:02am On Mar 06
gidgiddy:
Nigeria has long gone down the drain, conduct referendum let everyone gonand form their seperate countries
The constitution of Nigeria has no provision for secession referendum. Thanks to your brothers Zik and Aguiyi Ironsi.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Emyogalanya: 8:30am On Mar 06
FreedomfromtheT:
I don't agree with you sir.
There is no harm in trial.
Can we try an Igbo at the helms of political affairs of this country first and see what happens?
One word from your post answers this: Igbophobia
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Emyogalanya: 8:45am On Mar 06
aswani:

You have brought up an excellent point, however you haven't listed the whole story.

Obidients, of which a huge majority are Ndigbo, were and are still extremely badly behaved on social media.

Sometimes in life, you have to hold your nose and mouth and go into alliance with people in order to achieve your aim.

Till today, if anything negative happens in àlá Yoruba, Obidients are letting the whole world know how they are enjoying the bad news. You cannot play politics in such a manner. You will always be on the outside looking in.

GRV (who I know isn't Ndigbo but I am using to make a point) was so emboldened to take what can be perceived as an anti Yoruba stance leading up to Lagos state and was then surprised he lost.
But you have been Abusing Igbo since the civil war and we have been Voting other tribes. So Obidients of yesterday that made up of almost different people from different tribes now make you not vote any Igbo man since 1999
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by gidgiddy: 9:10am On Mar 06
Deadlytruth:

The constitution of Nigeria has no provision for secession referendum. Thanks to your brothers Zik and Aguiyi Ironsi.

Who said referendum has to be in the constitution before it can be conducted?

Referendum is not in the British constitution but referendum was used by Britain to leave the EU

The same Britain that created your long failed Nigeria
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Deadlytruth(m): 9:16am On Mar 06
gidgiddy:

Who said referendum has to be in the constitution before it can be conducted?

Referendum is not in the British constitution but referendum was used by Britain to leave the EU

The same Britain that created your long failed Nigeria
Per the bolded, just listen to yourself. How could the absence of referendum in British Constitution have been the basis for UK's successful exit from EU? Does the EU use the British constitution or have its own EU constitution which permits the exit of any member country?

Please Britain did not create Nigeria. Azikiwe and Ironsi did.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by gidgiddy: 9:36am On Mar 06
Deadlytruth:

Per the bolded, just listen to yourself. How could the absence of referendum in British Constitution have been the basis for UK's successful exit from EU? Does the EU use the British constitution or have its own EU constitution which permits the exit of any member country?

Please Britain did not create Nigeria. Azikiwe and Ironsi did.

Yeah, I remember, Ironsi was married to Flora Shaw, the British woman who created the word 'Nigeria' in London

You unity beggars will cry when your long failed 'one Nigeria' breaks up and several countries emerge
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Deadlytruth(m): 9:43am On Mar 06
gidgiddy:

Yeah, I remember, Ironsi was married to Flora Shaw, the British woman who created the word 'Nigeria' in London

You unity beggars will cry when your long failed 'one Nigeria' breaks up and several countries emerge
The point here is that at some point the British entertained the demand for secession legislation and allowed all regions to make their positions known about it so as to create a law to make it possible but the unity begging Region Eastern Region resisted it and got the British to change their minds.
After the British left and we were left to ourselves to allow one another go so someone from Ijaw started the movement but the Unity begging Region got him arrested and sentenced to death by hanging. Recently the unity begging Region suddenly dumped their mantra and became obidients overnight seeking one Nigeria again, yet you want us to take them seriously on secession?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:24pm On Mar 06
Emyogalanya:
One word from your post answers this: Igbophobia
I believe Igbophobia can be dismantled in Nigeria the way Apartheid was dismantled in South Africa.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by FreedomfromtheT: 2:28pm On Mar 06
oyatz:

Peter Obi's so called competence is NOT backed by any track record of achievements in his 8 years administration of Anambra State and many people who were criticising and cursing him for poor performance in Anambra State are now leading members of the Obidients,who have now elevated him to the status of the awaiting Messiah who has the magic wand to solve all problems in Nigeria
We have seen Jonathan, Buhari and Tinubu's competence, haven't we?
Is there any harm in trying and seeing the competence of an Igbo person as Nigeria's president?
Who knows. Nigeria's intractable problems can be salvaged.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Buys Private Jet? Rumour Or Truth? / Gen Buhari Deserve A Post In Jonathan's Govt / : Nigerian Student, John Amechi Eze, 23, To Be Hanged In Malaysia For Drug Traff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.