Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? (3587 Views)

Frank Mba: Nigerians Can Record Policemen But From Safe Distance (Video) / As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? / Ndigbo Please Listen To My Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:42pm On Feb 21
Some people are trading blames over who is the worse president between Muhammadu Buhari and Bola Tinubu.
But the Igbos who had earlier voted for Obsanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan rejected those two in 2015, 2019 and 2023.
You laughed the Igbos to scorn for so doing. They were called 'wailers'.
Who is laughing last and who is wailing loudest now?
Think about this. What if the prosperity of this great country Nigeria lies in the hands of an Igbo man?
Would you rather prefer that Nigeria continues the downward trends and suffering, hunger and insecurity intensifies just to spite the Igbo man?
Nigerians, can we please jettison Igbophobia and listen to the Igbos?
They got it right on three consecutive occasions.
They will likely get it right next.
But will the Igbophobia people reason beyond petty tribalism?

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by nlreserve: 11:45pm On Feb 21
What you are wishing for is not possible. All we want is separation. Biafra shall come by the grace of God.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Bmaster(m): 11:54pm On Feb 21
Today's Nigeria is beyond redemption,it does not matter again from whose tribe the president is from.i am igbo,but I am telling you clearly that buhari runs us down for consecutively 8 years. no miracle perform in a year or 2 years can curb or fix the menace of eight years buhari did

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:55pm On Feb 21
nlreserve:
What you are wishing for is not possible. All we want is separation. Biafra shall come by the grace of God.
Ok.
Your desire and opinion.
But for now, the Igbos are still part of Nigeria and it appears the rest of Nigeria needs Igbos to come to their rescue politically.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by FreedomfromtheT: 11:58pm On Feb 21
Bmaster:
Today's Nigeria is beyond redemption,it does not matter again from whose tribe the president is from.i am igbo,but I am telling you clearly that buhari runs us down for consecutively 8 years. no miracle perform in a year or 2 years can curb or fix the menace of eight years buhari did
I don't agree with you sir.
There is no harm in trial.
Can we try an Igbo at the helms of political affairs of this country first and see what happens?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by nlreserve: 11:58pm On Feb 21
FreedomfromtheT:
Ok.
Your desire and opinion.
But for now, the Igbos are still part of Nigeria and it appears the rest of Nigeria needs Igbos to come to their rescue politically.
My brother, i will be sincere to you. The greatest wish of an igbo man (majority) is for Nigeria to sink so Biafra can easily get freedom where the igbo man will not be hated. Igbos are not innocent in Nigeria. Whatever they do, they become victims. That's why they're nover going to participate in any hardship protest.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by FreedomfromtheT: 12:02am On Feb 22
nlreserve:
My brother, i will be sincere to you. The greatest wish of an igbo man (majority) is for Nigeria to sink so Biafra can easily get freedom where the igbo man will not be hated. Igbos are not innocent in Nigeria. Whatever they do, they become victims. That's why they're nover going to participate in any hardship protest.
I am not advocating for Igbos to be involved in any hardship protest.
My piece is directed to Igbo haters.
Would they rather prefer that Nigeria goes to the dogs than have a credible, competent and capable Igbo become president?

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by jude79(m): 12:47am On Feb 22
FreedomfromtheT:
Would they rather prefer that Nigeria goes to the dogs than have a credible, competent and capable Igbo become president?

The answer to your question is yes, igbo haters would prefer to faint and die of starvation, rather than allow a competent igbo man to save them, its a subhuman sickness that starts from family indoctrination, it can only be cured when quality education penetrates such individuals, thus you can still find educated people who are carriers of this sickness because their enlightenment did'nt seep in, the hatred is more virulent on illiterate individuals, followed by certificate forgers, who claim to be educated, then individual who are educated, but their education did'nt seep in enough to remove their tribalism and religious myopia, in short, the more polishly educated a person becomes, the less the igbophobia

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 12:59am On Feb 22
FreedomfromtheT:
Some people are trading blames over who is the worse president between Muhammadu Buhari and Bola Tinubu.
But the Igbos who had earlier voted for Obsanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan rejected those two in 2015, 2019 and 2023.
You laughed the Igbos to scorn for so doing. They were called 'wailers'.
Who is laughing last and who is wailing loudest now?
Think about this. What if the prosperity of this great country Nigeria lies in the hands of an Igbo man?
Would you rather prefer that Nigeria continues the downward trends and suffering, hunger and insecurity intensifies just to spite the Igbo man?
Nigerians, can we please jettison Igbophobia and listen to the Igbos?
They got it right on three consecutive occasions.
They will likely get it right next.
But will the Igbophobia people reason beyond petty tribalism?

You have brought up an excellent point, however you haven't listed the whole story.

Obidients, of which a huge majority are Ndigbo, were and are still extremely badly behaved on social media.

Sometimes in life, you have to hold your nose and mouth and go into alliance with people in order to achieve your aim.

Till today, if anything negative happens in àlá Yoruba, Obidients are letting the whole world know how they are enjoying the bad news. You cannot play politics in such a manner. You will always be on the outside looking in.

GRV (who I know isn't Ndigbo but I am using to make a point) was so emboldened to take what can be perceived as an anti Yoruba stance leading up to Lagos state and was then surprised he lost.

You can't abuse Northerners, Yoruba Muslims and suddenly expect them to align their votes with you at the next elections, impossible.

Personally I would love to see an Ndigbo rule the country but I doubt it would happen until Obidients understand they can't change the game, they have to follow the rules

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by AmuDimpka: 3:58am On Feb 22
FreedomfromtheT:
lewve Igbo alone ....they just want out of your messy nation....they are just sick and tired of Nigerieene
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by AmuDimpka: 4:00am On Feb 22
aswani:

You have brought up an excellent point, however you haven't listed the whole story.

Obidients, of which a huge majority are Ndigbo, were and are still extremely badly behaved on social media.

Sometimes in life, you have to hold your nose and mouth and go into alliance with people in order to achieve your aim.

Till today, if anything negative happens in àlá Yoruba, Obidients are letting the whole world know how they are enjoying the bad news. You cannot play politics in such a manner. You will always be on the outside looking in.

GRV (who I know isn't Ndigbo but I am using to make a point) was so emboldened to take what can be perceived as an anti Yoruba stance leading up to Lagos state and was then surprised he lost.

You can't abuse Northerners, Yoruba Muslims and suddenly expect them to align their votes with you at the next elections, impossible.

Personally I would love to see an Ndigbo rule the country but I doubt it would happen until Obidients understand they can't change the game, they have to follow the rules
so if obidient were badly behaved as you said

Tinubu touts that were harrasing people and voters are well behaved....

Tinubu that was shouting people will labour in vain was well behaved

Tinubu that didn't give a Bleep about you either granting press conference,debates or interviews was well behaved

So because staff of a company that produces quality products are badly behaved that is the reason that you will buy a terrible products from another company that will kill you !

How do you guys even think?
You guys reasoning can be funny ?
You are now thinking like a Yoruba man...

Shame on you !

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Ofodirinwa: 4:16am On Feb 22
aswani:

Nwanne can you reason like a homosapien? What are the rules of the game? Beating and maiming people at the polls? Rigging? Killing over ballot boxes? looting? Making your girlfriend or fellow lotter CBN or finance minister?

So Igbos should learn that stupidity? Igbos are trying to do things like normal members of the human species and you think they are stupid because they don't want to do politics like a pack of gorillas. If somebody is making sense, and sensible people follow them, Nigeria will improve. Tinubu got on stage and licked a microphone unprovoked. Are those the rules? When you and others were supporting him as he walked around the country urine soaked, rigging, licking microphone, forging certificate, promising corn and agbado, did you think that he will bring pride to Yorubas once he wins?

Now Yorubas are the laughing stock of Africa. Look at Afcon, every country used your brother to insult Nigerians as a whole. Now everyone online is yabbing Northerners and Yorubas because of him. So if 'na my brother' was supposed to be a flex, is this flexing?

If somebody is making sense, you support them. That is all Igbos do. Igbos supported Jonathan, Yar Adua, Obasanjo and Obi. They have rejected BUhari and Tinubu. Buhari did not hide his stupidity. Tinubu did not hide his stupidity. But some of you still followed because you're stupid like them. Just follow normal people and you will have a normal life. Follow stupid people and have a stupid life.

28 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by chopnaira: 4:49am On Feb 22
I don't get you OP. They may have guess right in the past, hence other regions also guessed right by votinh for OBJ and Yar'Adua. It's nothing to do with Igbo voting for PDP.

If they were so excellent in making right choices like you claimed, they would have also elected food governors in their states.

Even Peter Obi that the SE all voted in block in this election cycle, can you explain the below? Alot of people did not vote Peter Obi in other region as we saw how he became a messiah overnight. Why do they suddenly like a man that they themselves called a failure in Anambra? 👇

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by nlreserve: 5:48am On Feb 22
In 1914, different people with different lifestyles were joined as one. And they have not been living in harmony. And the other wants out of the union. Simple. My prayer is for Nigeria to collapse let everyone go his way.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Sctests: 5:57am On Feb 22
Vergovert:
I prefer Nigeria devides to having akpu munching gorilla as president.

You guys should continue to destroy the economy, your kind will never become the president.

Chi-mpanzee descendants will never become president in Nigeria.

Sumburudeen, na hate-induced hunger go kill you las las. Na die you dey.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by nlreserve: 5:59am On Feb 22
You are very correct 💯. You have just stated the reason Nigeria can never get better. Nigeria can never get better because yoruba and Hausa consider relationships and sentiments when voting. As you have stated here. It's a simple truth. How can u choose to vote against someone because you don't like his followers? Are u voting competence or sentiments? This also happens during appointments. They appoint based on relationships and sentiments and at the end of the day, Nigeria continues to go down because they will be doing trial and error while the masses suffer the consequences. Nigeria will surely collapse one day, hopefully and everyone will fight for his region's control as the centre cannot manage them.

And it's a thing of joy for me to know that the generator republic is going down because I'm not proud of it. That's why we continue to pray for our Biafra to stand by God's grace.
aswani:

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by SoNature(m): 6:00am On Feb 22
Bmaster:

Nigeria has lots of untapped potential and looking at our local and foreign debts, Nigeria isn't as bad as painted. The only challenge is that sincere leaders are not working hard to fix the country.

If you have committed professionals working hard to fix this country, Nigeria will experience a massive economic turnaround in 2 decades....that's like three administrations.

Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case because it appears as though every administration that replaces the incumbent government becomes worse than their predecessors.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by nnaetobi(m): 6:02am On Feb 22
aswani:

.the hate from your people when the Nigerian army were killing youths in the east in dorm of target practice NKO.ITS MUTUAL HATE.BRO

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by nlreserve: 6:07am On Feb 22
nnaetobi:
.the hate from your people when the Nigerian army were killing youths in the east in dorm of target practice NKO.ITS MUTUAL HATE.BRO
That's correct. We don't like each other. We are just managing to be together. Nigeria should breakup faster.
As a matter of fact, I don't wish for Obi to contest again. I prefer a bad candidate to win to hasten the destruction of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Nairalander248: 6:27am On Feb 22
Bmaster:

I don't agree with your write up
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by absoluteSuccess: 7:05am On Feb 22
AmuDimpka:

Tinubu that didn't give a Bleep about you either granting press conference,debates or interviews was well behaved

So because staff of a company that produces quality hoods are well behaved that is the reason that you will buy a terrible hood from another company that will kill you !

Shame on you !

Wow. How do you win people to your conviction base on this short span of patience?
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Babaken(m): 7:17am On Feb 22
FreedomfromtheT:
To be Frank with you igbos are not hungry for presidency if you doubt bring the like of Okorocha or Orji uzo and let Osibanjo contest against them you will see Osibanjo will win more in the East they are after credibility .

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Reflect7: 7:17am On Feb 22
NIGERIANS DO NOT HATE IGBOS.

IT IS IGBOS WHO HATE NIGERIANS AND NIGERIA.

IGBOS GO ONLINE TRASHING NIGERIA ON A DAILY BASIS.

THEY ARE THE BIGGEST DRUG TRAFFICKERS IN AFRICA, TARNISHING NIGERIA'S IMAGE WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD.

WHEN A POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT IS POSTED ABOUT NIGERIA ON THIS FORUM, IGBOS RUSH INTO THE THREAD TO LAMBAST AND SCORN THE DEVELOPMENT.

GOOD NEWS ABOUT NIGERIA BITES THEM LIKE A SCORPION.

THEY LIED THAT OBI WON WHEN THEY KNOW FULL WELL HE DID NOT WIN.

THEY ARE DEEP TRIBALISTS.

OBI WAS CAUGHT ON TAPE TALKING ABOUT STARTING ''A RELIGIOUS WAR DADDY''.

APPARENTLY, THE BIAFRAN WAR WAS NOT ENOUGH FOR THEM.

MAYBE IF HE HAD WON, WE WOULD BE IN THE MIDDLE OF A BLOODY RELIGIOUS WAR RIGHT NOW, WITH MILLIONS DEAD.

NIGERIANS DO NOT TRUST IGBOS TO HANDLE POWER RESPONSIBLY AND NOT LOOK TO DESTROY THE NIGERIA THEY HATE SO MUCH BECAUSE THEY WANT TO CORNER THE NIGER DELTA RESOURCES WHICH THEY SEE AS ''RIGHTFULLY THEIRS'' BY REASON OF PROXIMITY, WITH NIGERIA STANDING IN THEIR WAY.

IGBOS DID THE FIRST COUP THAT DESTROYED THE FABRIC OF OUR DEMOCRACY AND UNITY, BY TARGETING PRIME MINISTER TAFAWA BALEWA AND LEADERS OF OTHER REGIONS FOR ASSASSINATION, LEAVING THEIR OWN LEADERS TO LIVE.

THAT LED ULTIMATELY TO A CIVIL WAR COSTING MILLIONS OF LIVES.

HOW CAN YOU JUST STORM THE HOUSES OF ELECTED CIVILIAN LEADERS AND SHOOT THEM DEAD?

BECAUSE OF WHAT?

HOW DARE YOU?

ALL THESE ARE WHY NIGERIANS DO NOT TRUST IGBOS TO LEAD, AND UNTIL IGBOS TURN A NEW LEAF AND BEGIN TO SHOW REAL PATRIOTISM FOR THE NIGERIAN NATION, NIGERIANS WILL RATHER DIE OF STARVATION THAN LET IGBOS LEAD THEM.

THANKS.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by Nyouth: 7:35am On Feb 22
absoluteSuccess:

Wow. How do you win people to your conviction base on this short span of patience?

oga see where you get it wrong, nobody need to win you. You do the right thing for the sake of your own life, but you are still reasoning like a black fool,

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 8:48am On Feb 22
AmuDimpka:

So because staff of a company that produces quality hoods are well behaved that is the reason that you will buy a terrible hood from another company that will kill you !

Shame on you !

Nutin spoil, continue abusing and insulting people and losing in elections, the fly that refuses to listen will be in the coffin when the lid is shut.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 8:49am On Feb 22
Ofodirinwa:

Nwanne can you reason like a homosapien? What are the rules of the game? Beating and maiming people at the polls? Rigging? Killing over ballot boxes? looting? Making your girlfriend or fellow lotter CBN or finance minister?

So Igbos should learn that stupidity? Igbos are trying to do things like normal members of the human species and you think they are stupid because they don't want to do politics like a pack of gorillas. If somebody is making sense, and sensible people follow them, Nigeria will improve. Tinubu got on stage and licked a microphone unprovoked. Are those the rules? When you and others were supporting him as he walked around the country urine soaked, rigging, licking microphone, forging certificate, promising corn and agbado, did you think that he will bring pride to Yorubas once he wins?

Now Yorubas are the laughing stock of Africa. Look at Afcon, every country used your brother to insult Nigerians as a whole. Now everyone online is yabbing Northerners and Yorubas because of him. So if 'na my brother' was supposed to be a flex, is this flexing?

If somebody is making sense, you support them. That is all Igbos do. Igbos supported Jonathan, Yar Adua, Obasanjo and Obi. They have rejected BUhari and Tinubu. Buhari did not hide his stupidity. Tinubu did not hide his stupidity. But some of you still followed because you're stupid like them. Just follow normal people and you will have a normal life. Follow stupid people and have a stupid life.

Nutin spoil, continue abusing and insulting people and losing in elections, the fly that refuses to listen will be in the coffin when the lid is shut.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 8:49am On Feb 22
nlreserve:
You are very correct 💯. You have just stated the reason Nigeria can never get better. Nigeria can never get better because yoruba and Hausa consider relationships and sentiments when voting. As you have stated here. It's a simple truth. How can u choose to vote against someone because you don't like his followers? Are u voting competence or sentiments? This also happens during appointments. They appoint based on relationships and sentiments and at the end of the day, Nigeria continues to go down because they will be doing trial and error while the masses suffer the consequences. Nigeria will surely collapse one day, hopefully and everyone will fight for his region's control as the centre cannot manage them.

And it's a thing of joy for me to know that the generator republic is going down because I'm not proud of it. That's why we continue to pray for our Biafra to stand by God's grace.

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by aswani(m): 8:51am On Feb 22
nnaetobi:

I don't know who you are referring to but I am certainly not part of the group.

Feeell free to produce anywhere in my posts that I celebrated the Python dance or whatever it was called.
Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by wiseoneking: 9:00am On Feb 22
Vergovert:

You guys should continue to destroy the economy, your kind will never become the president.

I really feel your pains, is like saying that you agreed to bury all your male children and suffer frustration throughout your generation as far as Igbo president will never be. I need a second Amen to that. But note that who pass you don pass you. They are celebrating today while your people are crying ebbi paawa every where. Even northern elites are saying that Tinubu is the worst President ever known.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by SenatePresdo(m): 9:14am On Feb 22
Vergovert:

Nigeria won't divide, all of us will sink with it.

Let's see the tribe that survives last last

Tinubu till 2096, then Shettima till 3046 grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Can We Please Listen To The Igbos? by AmuDimpka: 9:19am On Feb 22
Ofodirinwa:

Yoruba and Hausa Fulani has been making terrible decisions in this country and this population are becoming a sore point ... We have to excise and excuse them from Nigeria

Enough of their wahala

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Babangida Innocent Of All Allegations? / Ojukwu Losing The Battle For Life? / Another Black Boy Dead In London ( Nigerians Watch Over Your Children )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.