Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,082 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) (42557 Views)

Yusuf Datti Demonstrates How To Vote For Labour Party In Hausa (video). / It Is Over For Obaseki As Yakubu Dogara Dumps Him / Yakubu Gowon Slumps At Burial Of David Akpodiete Ejoor In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Jandminded: 6:24pm On Feb 22

1 Like

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by NGArmyTerrorist: 6:25pm On Feb 22
Confusions in the camp of our enemies, the Zoo will crumble.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by betshopagent(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22
irepnaija4eva:
This is really bad.. But i thought Gowon was Hausa.
no , he is from plateau and not even Hausa.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by naptu2: 6:27pm On Feb 22
Mountain out of a mole hill. This is a non-issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Whatisurproblem(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22
Penguin2:
I don’t know why they are still allowing Hausa people use NTA as their playground?

Abi they’ve colonized that place like they colonized NNPC?

Nigeria could be burning and NTA will be showing Argungu Fish Festival in Kebbi State.

Nigeria’s Lingua Franca is English. Why are you forcing the old man to address Nigerians in Hausa?

But I know that all these rubbish is because aboki was appointed Minister of Information.

I remember when Dele Alake was already bringing interesting reforms to NTA. But ever since Tinubu moved Alake to the Ministry of Solid Mineral Cash Cow, NTA went back to default settings.

Very stupid set of fools!
I can bet you, 90% of Nigerians don't watch NTA, the most useless Television network. Who even get their time, Aboki destroy this country, and they're still bent on finish it, they should do quick and let us go our separate ways.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by lhurd: 6:30pm On Feb 22
Racoon:
How can NTA force a former military HOS to address the nation in the hausa language?
What rubbish. Gowon sef follow put us for where we dey. Na now you remember day you are from plateau bah...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by uba1991: 6:30pm On Feb 22
Are there people that are still watching NTA?
Btw, I don't believe this story because if you down you will see that the program is in English not Hausa.
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Dshocker(m): 6:31pm On Feb 22
The Northerns believe that Nigeria belongs solely to them.

2 Likes

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by naptu2: 6:31pm On Feb 22
naptu2:
Mountain out of a mole hill. This is a non-issue.

grin Though, of course, for political reasons, some people will want to make a big deal out of a simple and straightforward issue.
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Johnn87: 6:32pm On Feb 22
Ttipsy:
This does not make sense

Abi does NTA have only Hausa viewers ?
Other tribes are watching
lt is not 🚫 bad for the African ex leader to speak his interview with his African language or Hausa AS LONG AS THERE IS COMPULSORY ENGLISH SUBTITLE ; English our Lingua Franca
I am based in Europe , and mi European country no body speaks the language of the English man/English language; from university lectures, to market to newspapers,foreigners have to learn the language inorder to cope well

English is over rated abeg .
I know the English colonised Nigeria just as France 🇨🇵🇨🇵🇨🇵colonised some places . If not that Nigeria comprises of different African languages, eh, assuming everybody speaks one language eg biafra nation, yoruba natiion, etc na African languge suppose be lingua franca.

Personally , l fear our African languages will go extinct soon if we continue like this, these our new gen z so so english to speak local language na problem .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Faposky95: 6:32pm On Feb 22
People.wey choose to dey incomplete...wetin you expect......?!
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by kendrick9(m): 6:33pm On Feb 22
Biggest surprise is that anyone Southside still watches NTA🤔

2 Likes

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22
alsudan:
Its easy to understand what played out.

Thiefnibuu is becoming desperate after being openly thrown under the bus by the North who he depends on for votes.

He brings in Gowon for a propaganda job, so they can circulate the tape in the North, hence the need for the General to speak Hausa.

But the old soldier was to wise for them and rejected their plot. grin

Even Thiefnibuu knows his days in that office are numbered.

Victim FC. Continue wailing. May God confort you.

1 Like

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Wicoilham(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22
If I were to speak my language, how many people will understand what I'm saying. ? NTA really messed up.
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Menclothing: 6:35pm On Feb 22
Lolz
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by NaijaNaWaa: 6:36pm On Feb 22
If they like, let them speak Fulfude. We don abandon NTA for them long ago. I’m surprised that anyone still watches that crappy station.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Tradepunter2: 6:36pm On Feb 22
NairalandForumo:
N-orthern T-elevision A-uthority

Sorry to say but nothing might happen, the northerners believe they own NTA, have you have heard the song they play before they read news?
The song sounds so northern like....

Look at the color of NTA logo, looks so like northern colors

Ben Bruce came and rebranded all that when he was DG of NTA, changed the logo and color to a fine logo with blue, then made NTA 24 hours, they even stopped playing that northern sound before the news, the camera and recording quality improved that NTA started winning awards and competing with private stations, people who even hated NTA started watching NTA because he brought in new programs too, guess what?

when he was removed as DG, they reversed almost everything he did, it was like they even went and brought the old cameras and started using because the picture quality became poor, the logo was changed back and the northern sound was now played before the news.

Till date NTA has remained like a relic channel, the only thing they kept was the 24 hours broadcast....

Hahahahah..... As in they seriously went to get back the older cameras 😂😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Pinicop(m): 6:36pm On Feb 22
irepnaija4eva:

He is Angas/ Ngas.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by DaTruths: 6:38pm On Feb 22
If not for Yoruba people wey dey always wan side Hausas against the entire South, i wonder wetin go dey give this Hausa people such level of self importance.

So NTA is now Hausa Television Authority?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by TruthsFM: 6:38pm On Feb 22
It’s good of him to do that. Nigeria is not a Hausa nation but a detribalised nation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Massiveglory: 6:38pm On Feb 22
alsudan:

Thiefnibuu is becoming desperate after being openly thrown under the bus by the North who he depends on for votes.

He brings in Gowon for a propaganda job, so they can circulate the tape in the North, hence the need for the General to speak Hausa.

You must be a highly wise fellow who was able to understand the real thing that happened.
@ bolden is simply what happened.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by oldguyman: 6:39pm On Feb 22
Another ogogoro analysis as usual.

alsudan:

1 Like

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Massiveglory: 6:40pm On Feb 22
NEIGHBOUR:

Victim FC. Continue wailing. May God confort you.

You are angry because he put out what really occurred.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by reiddecuti: 6:40pm On Feb 22
Every individual, families, MDAs, NGOs, organizations, towns, communities, States, etc. keeps proving back to back that Nigeria is a sh*tty nation with their unprofessionalism which is what nta displayed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by J3susFr3ak: 6:41pm On Feb 22
irepnaija4eva:

No. He like most indigenous people from Plateau are not Hausa. He is Ngas.

I kind of like his bold position here, They should have asked him to speak Ngas and interpret. Hausa is not his native language.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by naptu2: 6:43pm On Feb 22
Is it that these people really don't understand what happened or are they pretending??
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Mryacks: 6:43pm On Feb 22
NairaOcean:
On Wednesday, February 21st, 2024, something surprising happened on TV. The Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) was showing a live program with Yakubu Gowon, a former leader. At 5:30 pm, during the show, things got tense.

NTA asked Gowon to speak Hausa, a language he didn't want to use. Gowon is good at speaking English, which he preferred. But NTA kept insisting, even though Gowon said no. Then, without warning, NTA suddenly stopped the program. People watching were confused and upset. They went on social media to talk about it.

People are now talking about why this happened and if it was right. They want NTA to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_3OBMC6Ek

I watched a bit of that part in the office and was confused as to what was going on. I even thought he had finished his address and NTA forgot to cut the camera rolling. There was also ECOWAS banner so my thinking is that he was addressing the matter of the three countries that left ecowas.....
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by BILL1: 6:43pm On Feb 22
You've not been taught well
Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Pinicop(m): 6:44pm On Feb 22
TruthsFM:
It’s good of him to do that. Nigeria is not a Hausa nation but a detribalised nation

Nigeria is not detribalized, it is more of highly compounded tribalized state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Negroid001(m): 6:44pm On Feb 22
One of the leading cause of the nonsense we have going on.
Quite perplexing he's still alive.

Maybe he's had an epiphany. Realized the civil war was all for nothing. The northerners are very extreme and he wants no form of association. Until the west, east and south realize that the north is the only faction dragging us back, this country can't know peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA Cuts LIVE Program As Yakubu Gowon Refuses To Speak In Hausa (video) by Saidfx(m): 6:45pm On Feb 22
alsudan:

Noted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Campaigns In Rivers, As The People Troop Out En Mass / Nnamdi Kanu To Visit Lagos And Kaduna, Confirms Via Video / PDP Governors Hold Emergency Meeting Over Wike’s Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.