Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman (17170 Views)

Tinubu Presented A Dollarised Budget, FG Benefitting From $/N Hike - Ndume / Senate Denies Fashola's Claim On Budgetary Allocations To Road Construction / Idris Usman Claims To Be Buhari's Stepbrother, Presidency Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by RepoMan007: 5:51pm On Feb 22
I concur
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by scobaba: 5:54pm On Feb 22
man did not reveal this to idris.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by airsaylongcome: 5:55pm On Feb 22
Apus:
Everything is kuku possible in this country.

Let's just dollarize our economy, use the dollars as a defacto currency as a temporary measure against hyperinflation.

How would using USD tame hyperinflation? #honestQuestion
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Paracetamol01: 5:55pm On Feb 22
Funkyswagzz:
Una go explain taya.. abeg oo what did you people say tinubu studied at Chicago state university πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
agriculture

1 Like

Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Chickensoup: 5:56pm On Feb 22
Nobody cares about who is to blame. We are just waiting for naira to reach 2k to $1
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Achor1111(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22
The blame continues 🀣🀣🀣
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by harrypetty(m): 5:57pm On Feb 22
The governor's have their stooges on this platform. Many hungry and beggarly fellows who sell their birthrights for a morsel of porridge grin >: grin grin
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Angelfrost(m): 5:57pm On Feb 22
All I see is blame sharing...!

Clueless people sharing blames and pointing accusing fingers rather than solving the problems on ground.

Last time I checked, pointing fingers never solved problems.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by RepoMan007: 5:58pm On Feb 22
nairalanda1:
And now we blame the governors.

Who's next in the blame game? They will probably blame us Nairalanders next week for our provocative comments on the naira fall.

At the end we are not producing enough forex earning stuff
I concur with the topic.
The huge allocations they had been receiving lately is not showing anywhere. The only logical theory is that they are tunnelling it to the forex market to secure the value of their loot.

At a time Nigerians spend 60% of earning on food and cant feed, manufacturers shutting down, please tell me who is demanding so much forex? For what purpose.
Open your eyes and see.

FAAC has doubled in last 3 years.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by AMI3(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22
Everybody is looking for whom to blame.

It could be my dog swallowed dollar.

Keep blaming everything u see.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by HateBigots: 6:00pm On Feb 22
cheesy... stop disturbing us.

Where do the governors get it from?

CBN and Banks.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by nairalanda1(m): 6:00pm On Feb 22
RepoMan007:
I concur with the topic.
The huge allocations they had been receiving lately is not showing anywhere. The only logical theory is that they are tunnelling it to the forex market to secure the value of their loot.

At a time Nigerians spend 60% of earning on food and cant feed, manufacturers shutting down, please tell me who is demanding so much forex? For what purpose.
Open your eyes and see.

Ultimately it is because of the fact that we are not even earning enough of the dollars in the first place, that we are now noticing all the shenanigans people do around getting dollars.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by azpekuliar: 6:00pm On Feb 22
No, continue chasing BDCs and crypto exchanges around.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Elena247247: 6:02pm On Feb 22
This I think is still control by Buhari’s wife in collaboration with Aboki FX with percentage interest to the present government. You see that Aisha, She’s masterminding alot about finances in this country. God help us.

chisomkachy:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/22/governors-converting-allocations-to-dollars-behind-forex-crisis-activist-alleges/#:~:text=He%20attributed%20the%20scarcity%20of,in%20exacerbating%20the%20dire%20situation.

Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by stankezzy: 6:03pm On Feb 22
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by AMI3(m): 6:05pm On Feb 22
RepoMan007:
I concur with the topic.

Open your eyes and see.

So it is this regime that the governors become so smart to be storing money in hard currency.

I thought Tunubu will do something different when he criticized Jonathan or learn from Buhari mistakes.

Why was he so desperate?
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by worksmart(m): 6:05pm On Feb 22
Flotation of the currency is to blame
Tinubu and his cronies really think Nigerians are dummies ! *SMH*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by RepoMan007: 6:07pm On Feb 22
nairalanda1:

Ultimately it is because of the fact that we are not even earning enough of the dollars in the first place, that we are now noticing all the shenanigans people do around getting dollars.
lack of dollar/fx is one reason but tunnelling allocation as loot to forex market to demand for fx is another nobody is talking about.
What have they done with huge allocations in last 36 months? Riddle me that.

They can barely pay minimum wage. No spectacular projects or initiatives or schemes.

Where is the money going to?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by commoditiesnig: 6:08pm On Feb 22
chopnaira:
The governors just dey chop and clean mouth.
True what the Senator said
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by tollyboy5(m): 6:08pm On Feb 22
RepoMan007:
I concur with the topic.

Open your eyes and see.

BDC should be banned or strictly regulated
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Yankee101: 6:08pm On Feb 22
Top Government officials generally
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Bfly: 6:08pm On Feb 22
Eee don cast!
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by 9japride(m): 6:10pm On Feb 22
Instead of you guys to vote in Peter Obi that will reduce wastage, you all will prefer a spender.
Giant of Africa for mouth.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by boxypane(m): 6:11pm On Feb 22
Been waiting for someone to say this. Checkmate these Governors!!! Especially those ones that have no contribution to both local, state and national development.
100% of these Governors both past and present are destroyers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by boxypane(m): 6:12pm On Feb 22
9japride:
Instead of you guys to vote in Peter Obi that will reduce wastage, you all will prefer a spender.
Giant of Africa for mouth.
Sir, you just said nothing.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by olisaEze(m): 6:12pm On Feb 22
APC apologists will just be making lame excuses upandan rather than addressing the foolish incompetence of their choice! So Cardozo is dashing dollars to State Governments anyhow or what is this current clown saying. What is the account name & number the States' allocation is being dollarized into, abi dem dey chook the hard currency inside babariga?? Every explanation that seeks to deny the effect of the destructive policy of floating the naira just further confirms that those that voted for & are still defending this man, did so out of hate for the progress of their nation.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by boxypane(m): 6:12pm On Feb 22
Yankee101:
Top Government officials generally
Governors precisely.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Macphenson: 6:13pm On Feb 22
This is what I have been shouting all along.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by Tareq1105: 6:13pm On Feb 22
Splashme:
Very true

I know contractors give returns to Ministers, Perm Sec and DGs/CEO of Agencies in dollars.

I also know that Govs do same right from the time of Obasanjo as president. In fact, Obasanjo himself said it then he observed that anytime allocation was shared, dollars always appreciated. He accused James Ibori among others then

So, I agree with the submission of the writer.

Govs, Senators, Reps members, Ministers, Political actors, Perm Sec DGs CEO of Agencies, and contractors are the people responsible for the fall of Naira. They're the problem of Nigeria and Nigerians. They're the enemies of Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by AllenSpencer: 6:15pm On Feb 22
Naira will be too cumbersome!

Dollar is the best way to loot allocations
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by RepoMan007: 6:15pm On Feb 22
AMI3:

So it is this regime that the governors become so smart to be storing money in hard currency.

I thought Tunubu will do something different when he criticized Jonathan or learn from Buhari mistakes.

Why was he so desperate?
they have always done but in the face of fx scarcity and excess cash(in the governor's hands), they have more cash than ever to demand less forex than ever. That creates the largest demand-supply gap for fx in our history and a corresponding highest fx price.
Let me challenge you directly, what are they doing with the huge allocation thy started receiving under Tinubu? They can barely pay minimum wage and when they do, it is moderate increase just to beat the mark. So where is all the money going to? The answer is staring us in the face. The last place printed money should go is where these heartless bunch take it to.
Re: Govs Responsible For $/N Hike, Converting Allocations To Dollars - Idris Usman by boxypane(m): 6:15pm On Feb 22
chisomkachy:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/22/governors-converting-allocations-to-dollars-behind-forex-crisis-activist-alleges/#:~:text=He%20attributed%20the%20scarcity%20of,in%20exacerbating%20the%20dire%20situation.

Yahaya Bello of Kogi is still roaming free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) / Idris Kutigi Is Dead / Cattle Colony: Cross River Has No Land For Ruga Settlement – PANDEF Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.