Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

A Word For The Wise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Word For The Wise (756 Views)

One Word For This Sexy Girl... / One Word For This Pics (warning! Explicit Content) / OMG!!! She Got Served, Girls Wise Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Word For The Wise by google1(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2011
Being SINGLE

People treat being single, especially if you’re female, as if it’s some kind of personality defect or something, it’s annoying. And because of it many women/girls jump into relationships when they aren’t ready just so they won’t be single and its detrimental most often, I’ve been in serious relationships and what I know now is it can save you a lot of trouble if you get to know the person well ahead of time, develop a friendship, you don’t have to rush into things. Being in a relationship can be a beautiful experience but it takes more than warm and fuzzy feelings to sustain, it’s take a lot of work (just like anything worth maintaining). But often people end up in relationships feeling trapped and unhappy when a little patience and discretion could’ve saved them time and pain. I’ve been single a very long time now (well not that long but long enough) and I’m in no rush to commit to just anybody, I like to meet people and just let things unfold organically. If I find someone I’d like to build with fine, if not that’s fine too, I’ve jumped the gun so many times with guys to know it’s not a smart thing to corner a man into a relationship (or myself for that matter) they end up angry, bitter, or cheating (or all three). I’ve been hurt enough to learn from my mistakes and I’m saving my love for someone worthy, and if I have to wait awhile so be it. Sometimes I get impatient and wish he’d come along a little quicker but I’m sure it’ll all be worth the wait. I’ve learned that it’s ok to be single, it’s ok to dump your shitty boyfriend, it’s ok to expect a healthy relationship built on a solid friendship, and it’s ok to turn down guys who won’t respect what you want or don’t want for that matter (like wanting more than friends w/ benefits). Anyways, just remember whatever you do make sure it is best for you, and don’t bother trying to be in competition with others, because they won’t know your heartache when it’s all over, will they?
Re: A Word For The Wise by Dyt(f): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2011
ok
Re: A Word For The Wise by islamrules(m): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
Meaning?
Re: A Word For The Wise by 190smh: 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2011
google1:

Being SINGLE

People treat being single, especially if you’re female, as if it’s some kind of personality defect or something, it’s annoying. And because of it many women/girls jump into relationships when they aren’t ready just so they won’t be single and its detrimental most often, I’ve been in serious relationships and what I know now is it can save you a lot of trouble if you get to know the person well ahead of time, develop a friendship, you don’t have to rush into things. Being in a relationship can be a beautiful experience but it takes more than warm and fuzzy feelings to sustain, it’s take a lot of work (just like anything worth maintaining). But often people end up in relationships feeling trapped and unhappy when a little patience and discretion could’ve saved them time and pain. I’ve been single a very long time now (well not that long but long enough) and I’m in no rush to commit to just anybody, I like to meet people and just let things unfold organically. If I find someone I’d like to build with fine, if not that’s fine too, I’ve jumped the gun so many times with guys to know it’s not a smart thing to corner a man into a relationship (or myself for that matter) they end up angry, bitter, or cheating (or all three). I’ve been hurt enough to learn from my mistakes and I’m saving my love for someone worthy, and if I have to wait awhile so be it. Sometimes I get impatient and wish he’d come along a little quicker but I’m sure it’ll all be worth the wait. I’ve learned that it’s ok to be single, it’s ok to dump your shitty boyfriend, it’s ok to expect a healthy relationship built on a solid friendship, and it’s ok to turn down guys who won’t respect what you want or don’t want for that matter (like wanting more than friends w/ benefits). Anyways, just remember whatever you do make sure it is best for you, and don’t bother trying to be in competition with others, because they won’t know your heartache when it’s all over, will they?

why should a woman be stingy with punny and choose to remain single is beyond me angry angry
Re: A Word For The Wise by stepone(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
we learn every day my dear.

if u had learn to learn from a nursery to primary school tru secondary to university, with a good grade before u can get a good job, that how relationships are. u will always learn from each relationship u are involved. if u cant make one out of hundred relationship work, u need check urself. but the moment u learn from all ur relationship and use it in your marriage, u will never have a broken home. so if u had not tested a pressure in relationship and thinking of going into a marital life, i wonder how u will cope because it a lifetime thing,

learn from ur nursery so dat u can improve dealing with situation when married.

(1) (Reply)

Separation In Marriage, Who Should Be Blame / case closed. / Romanz Section Heavy Weights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.