Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man (26736 Views)

#ENDSARS: Elderly Woman Slapped By Police For Pointing At Police Station / Udala, UnilagOlodo Rape Accuser, Refuses To Show At Police Station (Photos) / Robber Kills Partner In Bayelsa, Reports Himself To Police (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by lagosrd: 7:44am On Feb 23
OLAADEGBU:

While we should applaud the driver for reporting himself we should address the supposed speed a driver should be doing in a built up area that would reduce the rampant killings on our roads today? undecided

Can you imagine what the police said. Someone straying in a road is immaterial . Well the court will decide .
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Quest7777: 7:44am On Feb 23
We4all:

I know people who have been in this situation. The money conscious family members preferred monetary compensation and never escalated the case.
Yes. There is usually nothing to gain by escalating the case, so better to opt for monetary compensation.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 7:44am On Feb 23
IamAtAnger:
Ur problem be say U no wan accept and learn na why u go continue be failure... pray for life make unforeseen incidents wey u no pray or plan for happen to u.. na then u go fit judge that driver. Ur iQ low guy aswear
brother I done drive for Chicago, Indiana, London, Preston,Bolton ( wanderers ), Lagos, oyo, Osun state walahi talahi dan boro uba shege no unforeseen circumstances can catch me unawares when I am driving . Walahi talahi
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Oluwomonext212(m): 7:44am On Feb 23
He left the scene to the station to avoid being probably lynched by mobs, but good he reported himself, not running away.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sylve11: 7:45am On Feb 23
sukkot:
Stupid man needs to be locked up. While driving you should have situational awareness and if you are incapable of braking before hitting someone you are either over speeding or you do not have situational awareness. Lock the fool up . Just dey kee pesin upanda

Sukkot! shocked cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 7:45am On Feb 23
ddippset:
No

Not trying to justify...

Even a punch can kill a man nowadays, with all the wahala in the country.

Talkless of a car knock down.

Very unfortunate event.
but why are you knocking people down with car ?
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 7:47am On Feb 23
sylve11:

Sukkot! shocked cool
my oga patapata Sylve I salute. Your boys remain loyal lol
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by eepeepook: 7:47am On Feb 23
Why is it news that he did the right thing?
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 7:48am On Feb 23
Fryx:

Yeah. He’s a bad guy because he chose not to run away like many would have. Retard!
why is he kee pipo with his car ? That's a good person to you ? Awon werey
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sylve11: 7:49am On Feb 23
sukkot:
brother all these excuses na for people wey dey live inside third world jungle, if you have been fortunate enough to drive in a first world country they do not listen to dumb excuses like the one you just presented. You are taught how to calculate every situation and foresee every situation before it happens . And you should not be driving at a rate where your brakes cannot be applied effectively. You AFRICAN mad people are operating a dangerous weapon ( a vehicle is a dangerous weapon ) casually without thinking about the life of others . It's very typical in Nigeria to be that selfish and egotistic

Hehehe grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Judolisco(m): 7:50am On Feb 23
Quest7777:

Fine.
But he will still face manslaughter charges & pay compensations to the man's family.

But how come he couldn't find the man after knocking him down? Perhaps the man could have survived if rushed to hospital immediately.
it's an accident... He did d best thing by running to d police station... Iswr d way people dey vex now....if he was caught ni.... Dem fit burn am together with him car.... D late persons family might decide not to press charges.... I've seen several cases like dat.... They jst ask d driver to buy burial stuffs like coffin

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by HeadNigga: 7:51am On Feb 23
AskNgige2:

This is my thoughts too..
Me as an Uber driver I make sure I don't exceed 100, and am always on look out alert Incase of incasity...

Lastly b4 I leave for the day I spray holy water around my car..

Na God de lead not man
Uber driver within a city sef dey talk. Ikeja to agege journey supposed be 60 km/h sef
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sylve11: 7:51am On Feb 23
sukkot:
nigga shut your third world jungle non accountability ass up mane, you should never ever be in a situation where you kee somebody in the first place. We suppose to give your fellow retard a pat on the back because he reported himself ? Lock the fool up and lock up this poster for stupidity

Sukkot you nor tell me sey you dey quick vex like this o. 😆 🤣 cool
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by ppogba: 7:53am On Feb 23
Quest7777:

Fine.
But he will still face manslaughter charges & pay compensations to the man's family.

But how come he couldn't find the man after knocking him down? Perhaps the man could have survived if rushed to hospital immediately.

If.he.is found guilty of manslaughter, there would not be an issue of payment of compensation to the man' s family.

Compensation can only come up where the family is not settling the issue out of Court.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Houseontherock1: 7:54am On Feb 23
OLAADEGBU:

"Yes, there was an accident and someone died; the issue that somebody ran into the road is immaterial.
See ignorance! How can a police officer say "the issue that somebody ran into the road is immaterial"? This may be the game changer for the man if it can be proven that he wasn't going over the speed limit or driving carelessly or that the pedestrian is a jaywalker. Yes, Police will conduct a thorough investigation to determine the circumstances surrounding the accident. This includes interviewing witnesses, taking statements from the driver involved, examining the scene, and gathering evidence. The goal is to establish the cause of the accident and any potential factors that could have caused the accident.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by mclloyd22: 7:55am On Feb 23
Nice you turned your self in. even though a life was lost I feel the trauma won’t last for long. Meanwhile get ready for case and to spend money because even if he’s a mad man, the family will show up and tell you he has been the bread winner since 20years

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by IamAtAnger: 7:55am On Feb 23
Ajala the traveller, ur claimed exposure never still make u understand sey you can never be too careful inside life or perfect for u abi.. e dey work for u no mean say u sabi na grace still work for u. Continue dey pray make e no seize
sukkot:
brother I done drive for Chicago, Indiana, London, Preston,Bolton ( wanderers ), Lagos, oyo, Osun state walahi talahi dan boro uba shege no unforeseen circumstances can catch me unawares when I am driving . Walahi talahi
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by leisuretym: 7:55am On Feb 23
Why couldn't he divert into the bush and kill himself, instead of killing the pedestrian?

He should be charged for murder and jail
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 7:56am On Feb 23
sylve11:

Sukkot you nor tell me sey you dey quick vex like this o. 😆 🤣 cool
hehe bro this tinubulation done amp me up na . Hehe nah am just cruising
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Tealcrestmedia(m): 7:56am On Feb 23
sukkot:
Stupid man needs to be locked up. While driving you should have situational awareness and if you are incapable of braking before hitting someone you are either over speeding or you do not have situational awareness. Lock the fool up . Just dey kee pesin upanda

But that road is an Expressway, drivers there are usually on speed except for when they're around the built up sections of the road.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by femicyrus(m): 7:57am On Feb 23
You cleared off the man with an incredible speed to the extent that you can't find the body anywhere close to the road.
I've had several situations where someone will suddenly drift onto the road unexpectedly but driving at a sane speed always allow for a Swift and effective reaction to avoid a collision and I always thank God for His mercies

That of your own is manslaughter with a cosmetic attempt to evade punishment from God and man.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 7:58am On Feb 23
Tealcrestmedia:

But that road is an Expressway, drivers there are usually on speed except for when they're around the built up sections of the road.
speed limit dey bro. This is not the autobahn
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Quest7777: 7:58am On Feb 23
Judolisco:
it's an accident... He did d best thi9by running to d police station... Iswr d way people dey vex now....if he was caught ni.... Dem fit burn am together with him car.... D late persons family might decide not to press charges.... I've seen several cases like dat.... They jst ask d driver to buy burial stuffs like coffin
Yes. But the man claimed he stopped & went to search for the victim but didn't find him. 🤔
Police will 1st investigate this & others to be sure there is no foul play.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Thinktwicemybro: 8:00am On Feb 23
HarunaWest:
They are taught yen yen yen yet in the U.SA there has been a total of 19,522 fatal hit and runs in the last 10 years? Am not sure Nigerias own us even half if that. If you are tured of being African, go join them over there. Humans are same everywhere.
Don't mind the guy with inferiority complex
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by surgebitcoin(m): 8:00am On Feb 23
sukkot:
brother all these excuses na for people wey dey live inside third world jungle, if you have been fortunate enough to drive in a first world country they do not listen to dumb excuses like the one you just presented. You are taught how to calculate every situation and foresee every situation before it happens . And you should not be driving at a rate where your brakes cannot be applied effectively. You AFRICAN mad people are operating a dangerous weapon ( a vehicle is a dangerous weapon ) casually without thinking about the life of others . It's very typical in Nigeria to be that selfish and egotistic
The so called first world country know how to cross the road the don't just appear on the road like we do here in Nigeria.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Thinktwicemybro: 8:02am On Feb 23
sukkot:
Inferiority complex is your problem.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by proff010: 8:02am On Feb 23
I think he did not want to wait at that time to avoid mob action, he can be kill and his car burnt you know our people in naija. That was why he quickly ran to the station for protection.
Quest7777:

Fine.

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Teeklef(m): 8:02am On Feb 23
Timothy89:
You knock someone down, and a man that will be unconscious for several hours, you couldn't see him, shebi your car na butterfly that hit and make the victim disappear

Instead of you to rush the victim to hospital maybe they can still revive him, you reported yourself at the police station instead leaving the person to have internal bleeding that might be attended to with first aid treatment if you had rush him to hospital

You dey form law obedience instead of saving humanity
God bless you sir/ma. You hit person,you dey talk say you no see am again. Which kin level be that.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 8:03am On Feb 23
surgebitcoin:

The so called first world country know how to cross the road the don't just appear on the road like we do here in Nigeria.
things dey appear abruptly for their roads like stray dogs etc and dem dey very situationally aware and very alert and going at the right speed to effectively brake and let the dog pass without kee it and running it over
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by AngelicBeing: 8:04am On Feb 23
sukkot:
whats good about a man that kee somebody
sad

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 8:04am On Feb 23
Thinktwicemybro:

Inferiority complex is your problem.
madness is your problem . We see your type everyday. After you japa to civilised country depression kicks in because you don't know how to act with sense lmao
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Quest7777: 8:05am On Feb 23
proff010:
I think he did not want to wait at that time to avoid mob action, he can be kill and his car burnt you know our people in naija. That was why he quickly ran to the station for protection.
But he said he stopped & went back to search for the man but didn't find him. 🤔

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Kidnappers Arrested By Policemen In Rivers State This Morning. Photo / Kidnapper Of 6-Year-Old Girl Arrested While Withdrawing Ransom Money in Ondo / Three Nigerians arrested in India with 6kg of cocaine concealed in curtain-rod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.