Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man (26803 Views)

#ENDSARS: Elderly Woman Slapped By Police For Pointing At Police Station / Udala, UnilagOlodo Rape Accuser, Refuses To Show At Police Station (Photos) / Robber Kills Partner In Bayelsa, Reports Himself To Police (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sunnyanet(m): 6:56am On Feb 23
You've done the right thing by reporting yourself to the police authority, but I do hope your driver's license is Valid as at when the incident occurred. May God give the families of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss. RIP

8 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Oyira(m): 6:56am On Feb 23
Best thing to do.

I hope the deceased family have also been consulted.

If Nigerian's own up to their acts, the country will be a safer place.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by NothingDoMe: 6:56am On Feb 23
Hmm
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by metaluterus(f): 6:57am On Feb 23
Driver is Lucky this wasn't the capital of the sophisticated people.

Many things would have been missing in that scene/car/the dead corpse and his living nody

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:58am On Feb 23
Many people that come down to investigate have been killed
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Johnjustice: 7:00am On Feb 23
The police should consider the fact that he surrendered himself, he could have decided to run away.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by ritux: 7:01am On Feb 23
I had encountered similar situation in the past. As I was driving, all of a sudden, a young child ran into the road to cross while others were standing by the roadside waiting for the road to be clear. It was by a stroke of luck that I did not hit him.

I came out of my car, ran after the boy and gave him a good beating. If I had hit him, the blame would have been on me that probably I was on speed. Even the bystanders joined in scolding the boy. One elderly woman also joined in giving the boy a very hot slap.

16 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Westerhoffe(m): 7:02am On Feb 23
Dash Cam.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by HarunaWest(m): 7:03am On Feb 23
sukkot:
Stupid man needs to be locked up. While driving you should have situational awareness and if you are incapable of braking before hitting someone you are either over speeding or you do not have situational awareness. Lock the fool up . Just dey kee pesin upanda
lol its easier said than done. Come and drive in Kubwa express way or Area 1 make pedestrians shock you. Am not absolving the drivers negligience. However, some pedestrians dont know how to cross as well. Some just suddenly appear on the road like they have been waiting for you to hit them. My own leg kuma no dey far from brake.

10 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by chidiokay: 7:03am On Feb 23
Reminds me of that saying a head that will chop knock in lekki if e remain small make he exit berger he will remember lekki epe is a more faster route and re-route to lekki

He couldnt head for the meeting and had to reverse back .... Fate took its course it as being written

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by ponishah: 7:03am On Feb 23
Asana91jd:
:
How much did you win?
How much did your family members win?
Broke ass scam
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by arantess: 7:03am On Feb 23
JuanDeDios:

That one left me scratching my head too. How is it immaterial, Mr Edafe?
That dull officer named bright....

Always embarrassing himself on twitter

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by AlvinOO7: 7:04am On Feb 23
ritux:
I had encountered similar situation in the past. As I was driving, all of a sudden, a young child ran into the road to cross while others were standing by the roadside waiting for the road to be clear. It was by a stroke of luck that I did not hit him.

I came out of my car, ran after the boy and gave him a good beating. If I had hit him, the blame would have been on me that probably I was on speed. Even the bystanders joined in scolding the boy. One elderly woman also joined in giving the boy a very hot slap.
These same set of people would’ve done you great harm..if your vehicle had hit the child.

9 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Satazaa: 7:04am On Feb 23
On moral ground this man should be highly appreciated and his actions is an excellent role model to our youths and kids about doing the right thing no matter how grevious the circumstances however on legal grounds he will still have questions to answer, people run across the highways roads all the time without caution and if he was doing less than 100 km/hr then maybe the impact shouldn't have killed him, he may get a suspended sentence, fine and probably render restitution and compensation to the family of the dead man

3 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by adekanmbi1986(m): 7:06am On Feb 23
Hmm
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by fkj950ax(m): 7:07am On Feb 23
OLAADEGBU:

…the supposed speed a driver should be doing in a built up areas
They have arrived. Nairaland Certified Forensic Experts
What did you use in determining the speed of the vehicle?

4 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 7:10am On Feb 23
HarunaWest:
lol its easier said than done. Come and drive in Kubwa express way or Area 1 make pedestrians shock you. Am not absolving the drivers negligience. However, some pedestrians dont know how to cross as well. Some just suddenly appear on the road like they have been waiting for you to hit them. My own leg kuma no dey far from brake.
brother all these excuses na for people wey dey live inside third world jungle, if you have been fortunate enough to drive in a first world country they do not listen to dumb excuses like the one you just presented. You are taught how to calculate every situation and foresee every situation before it happens . And you should not be driving at a rate where your brakes cannot be applied effectively. You AFRICAN mad people are operating a dangerous weapon ( a vehicle is a dangerous weapon ) casually without thinking about the life of others . It's very typical in Nigeria to be that selfish and egotistic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by honour7: 7:10am On Feb 23
Quest7777:

Fine.
But he will still face manslaughter charges & pay compensations to the man's family.

But how come he couldn't find the man after knocking him down? Perhaps the man could have survived if rushed to hospital immediately.

Adrenaline at times can cause it, not thinking straight,
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by IamAtAnger: 7:12am On Feb 23
Na people like you go hit and run away... evil human being... what's an accident?.. person reported himself you still dey comment rubbish
sukkot:
Stupid man needs to be locked up. While driving you should have situational awareness and if you are incapable of braking before hitting someone you are either over speeding or you do not have situational awareness. Lock the fool up . Just dey kee pesin upanda

4 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by AskNgige2: 7:13am On Feb 23
sukkot:

This is my thoughts too..
Me as an Uber driver I make sure I don't exceed 100, and am always on look out alert Incase of incasity...

Lastly b4 I leave for the day I spray holy water around my car..

Na God de lead not man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Timothy89(m): 7:13am On Feb 23
You knock someone down, and a man that will be unconscious for several hours, you couldn't see him, shebi your car na butterfly that hit and make the victim disappear

Instead of you to rush the victim to hospital maybe they can still revive him, you reported yourself at the police station instead leaving the person to have internal bleeding that might be attended to with first aid treatment if you had rush him to hospital

You dey form law obedience instead of saving humanity

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Timothy89(m): 7:14am On Feb 23
AskNgige2:

This is my thoughts too..
Me as an Uber driver I make sure I don't exceed 100, and am always on look out alert Incase of incasity...

Lastly b4 I leave for the day I spray holy water around my car..

Na God de lead not man

You're even trying, once I I'm on 80 for mins, I take my legs back to the break to avoid any story
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by AskNgige2: 7:17am On Feb 23
Timothy89:

You're even trying, once I I'm on 80 for mins, I take my legs back to the break to avoid any story

100 is when am on the 4lane highway

U know Abuja highways na..

But within normal double lane or single na 80, cos once u are on normal driving 80 u see u are on speed..

But anything below 100 is easy to manage and control if any sudden incident
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 7:17am On Feb 23
IamAtAnger:
Na people like you go hit and run away... evil human being... what's an accident?.. person reported himself you still dey comment rubbish
nigga shut your third world jungle non accountability ass up mane, you should never ever be in a situation where you kee somebody in the first place. We suppose to give your fellow retard a pat on the back because he reported himself ? Lock the fool up and lock up this poster for stupidity
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Opiosko: 7:18am On Feb 23
Quest7777:

Fine.
But he will still face manslaughter charges & pay compensations to the man's family.

But how come he couldn't find the man after knocking him down? Perhaps the man could have survived if rushed to hospital immediately.
He was probably speeding and knew from the impact that there was no hance of survival.
Poor guys!
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Hakeem66: 7:21am On Feb 23
Pedestrians do put drivers in dangerous and difficult situations many times. Some drivers have lost their lives while avoiding pedestrians who carelessly crossed the road. It's not easy and can happen to any motorist, regardless of their carefulness.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Quest7777: 7:21am On Feb 23
Opiosko:

He was probably speeding and knew from the impact that there was no hance of survival.
Poor guys!
But the report said he stopped & went back to search for the man. 🤔
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by IamAtAnger: 7:23am On Feb 23
You're juz a frustrated overgrown dumb with a pathetic miserable life. I still repeat am na people like you dem go find human parts for him pot. Dey come here dey condemn people wey still get conscience.
Dementia ewu
sukkot:
nigga shut your third world jungle non accountability ass up mane, you should never ever be in a situation where you kee somebody in the first place. We suppose to give your fellow retard a pat on the back because he reported himself ? Lock the fool up and lock up this poster for stupidity

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Hoelujohn: 7:23am On Feb 23
Quest7777:

Fine.

He will be lynched if he stops

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by ehikwe22: 7:24am On Feb 23
The fact that someone ran into the road is immaterial and you can't blame him for high speed if you don't have any evidence of his speed or if the road doesn't have speed limit. Do your investigations if you guys even know what investigation is. Bunch of lazy ass mfackers always looking for who to extort. If the man is guilty, let him face the law. But Nigeria police must do their fraud

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by HarunaWest(m): 7:24am On Feb 23
sukkot:
brother all these excuses na for people wey dey live inside third world jungle, if you have been fortunate enough to drive in a first world country they do not listen to dumb excuses like the one you just presented. You are taught how to calculate every situation and foresee every situation before it happens . And you should not be driving at a rate where your brakes cannot be applied effectively. You AFRICAN mad people are operating a dangerous weapon ( a vehicle is a dangerous weapon ) casually without thinking about the life of others . It's very typical in Nigeria to be that selfish and egotistic
They are taught yen yen yen yet in the U.SA there has been a total of 19,522 fatal hit and runs in the last 10 years? Am not sure Nigerias own us even half if that. If you are tured of being African, go join them over there. Humans are same everywhere.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Students Of Greenfield University In Kaduna / NDLEA Intercepts Meth Consignments At Lagos Airport, Courier Firm / ‘we Faked Street Fights To Rob Hotels, Guests’ (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.