Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man (26757 Views)

#ENDSARS: Elderly Woman Slapped By Police For Pointing At Police Station / Udala, UnilagOlodo Rape Accuser, Refuses To Show At Police Station (Photos) / Robber Kills Partner In Bayelsa, Reports Himself To Police (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Advancedman(m): 9:10am On Feb 23
sukkot:
Stupid man needs to be locked up. While driving you should have situational awareness and if you are incapable of braking before hitting someone you are either over speeding or you do not have situational awareness. Lock the fool up . Just dey kee pesin upanda

I give you the grace to prove yourself by declaring the same situation on you fast.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 9:28am On Feb 23
Advancedman:

I give you the grace to prove yourself by declaring the same situation on you fast.
let me tell you how I drive . When am driving I have 4 eyes and all 4 eyes are very alert at all times
Eye 1- is on the instrument panels checking to see if car no go start overheating or any other issues that can come up
Eye2- is the road ahead of me. Try not to tailgate or move too close to cars in front of me so I have braking time
Eye3 - am looking at the pedestrians on the left hand side standing by the side of the road and watching their facial actions and anticipating their every move. Any move they want to make I have already seen it before they make the move and if any jumps infront I done see the move 10 seconds before e happen and done slow down or break
Eye 4 is on right side of road looking at pedestrians and studying what they are about to do so I am 10 steps ahead of them

And by the grace of God almost 20 years plus of driving and never hit a single soul and have never been in a single accident. Not even a fender bender while in motion on the road. Accident free.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Konjiboii: 9:33am On Feb 23
I applaud the man for reporting himself to the police, hopefully he will get a lenient sentence. Many times pedestrians just run into the middle of the road without really looking both ways, I have personally been in that situation before and luckily the mumu survived ,it's traumatic to the drivers as well
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by MrBroke(m): 9:37am On Feb 23
OceanEye:
Better call Saul

grin
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by mcprince32(m): 9:42am On Feb 23
Journalist has joined matters. The man ran into the road, ok, the man also ran into the bush or gutters after being hit, you searched for him but couldn't find him. God have mercy.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Lilosio: 9:46am On Feb 23
Quest7777:
Fine.
But he will still face manslaughter charges / pay compensations to the man's family.

But how come he couldn't find the man after stopping to search for him after knocking him down? 🤔

Not until proven guilty, the pedestrian might be at fault.. it's difficult to investigate here in Nigeria though. No CCTV, I am sure the Nigeria police will no be able to detect the speed limit or swerve track..

My uncle back went through hell in Nigeria when he hit a victim although he swerved and tried to avoid it..

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Sumerians: 9:59am On Feb 23
sukkot:
Stupid man needs to be locked up. While driving you should have situational awareness and if you are incapable of braking before hitting someone you are either over speeding or you do not have situational awareness. Lock the fool up . Just dey kee pesin upanda

This deported *** uncle again😂
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by PointZerom: 10:07am On Feb 23
Quest7777:
Fine.
But he will still face manslaughter charges / pay compensations to the man's family.

But how come he couldn't find the man after stopping to search for him after knocking him down? 🤔

Believe that part at your peril.
What happened was that after knocking the man down, he ran away to the police station. If he had stoped he would have bn dealt with by the angry mobs.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by sukkot: 10:10am On Feb 23
Sumerians:

This deported *** uncle again😂
Nigga am british. if am deported it would be to england grin

1 Like

Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by shortgun(m): 10:18am On Feb 23
Dididrumz:
He did the right thing.
He did the wrong thing. Legally, he was not supposed to leave the scene of the accident.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by hilaryCU(m): 11:14am On Feb 23
sukkot:
Not when one wants to commit suicide. Pray not to be tempted
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by GhostWisperer: 11:39am On Feb 23
OLAADEGBU:

While we should applaud the driver for reporting himself we should address the supposed speed a driver should be doing in a built up area that would reduce the rampant killings on our roads today? undecided
we should also address the Delta state police command which said that the "issue that someone ran into the raps is immaterial"

Really, that's all the difference between manslaughter and/or suicide or pure accident.

Nigeria police will never have sense in this life.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by khreus(m): 11:54am On Feb 23
Archangels2:
Father lead us not into temptation
Deliver us from evil is more apt
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by brightleave(m): 1:31pm On Feb 23
Quest7777:
Fine.

Ah! Na wa 4 u o. Dem go just roast him n the motor alife.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by texzola(m): 1:47pm On Feb 23
.. The Journalist is a murderer simple.How can he say, he couldn't locate the person he knocked down due to reckless over speeding in broad daylight by 2pm? The truth is he did not stop to render any help like' try rushing the innocent victim to the hospital, he instead drove on to report himself to the police. I suspect that it was because he might be afraid of what the victim's kinsmen may do to him.
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by Fantazy(m): 4:52pm On Feb 23
He knocked someone down by mistake, came to the station to report himself.
Now tell me, what are they investigating again?
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by tiswell(m): 5:15pm On Feb 23
Quest7777:
Fine.

you want them to mob him?
Re: Journalist Reports Himself At Police Station After His Car Hit And Killed A Man by OBA2503: 9:23am On Feb 24
Abroad, people are arrested for 'Jay Walking/Crossing'.
In Nigeria, the manner you see people crossing the road haphazardly is serious cause for concern.
Personally, I don't think any driver should be charged for hitting a pedestrian who crosses a road where provision of the bridge is available.
Also, the expressway is not a place where pedestrians should be crossing because most cars are usually moving very fast.
I almost killed a mad man on Lagos-Ibadan expressway around Ogere under-bridge. I was doing about 100km/hr.
As I approached the bridge, I eased my foot away from the throttle and allowed my vehicle to lose speed.
Suddenly, this ragged mad man emerged from the sidewalk and started walking across the road. Another speeding vehicle from my back sped past me only to see the mad man in the middle of the road. He quickly swerved right and avoided the mad man. In shock the mad man stood still, rooted in the middle of the road as he transfixed without moving as I slammed home the brakes skidding and approaching him under a speed of about 80km/hr. A trailer was at my back as I veered off to the left, missing the mad man by whiskers. It was a close shave that could have proved fatal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mob Kills Man Wrongly Accused Of Stealing Phone, Throws Body Into Lagoon / Muhammed Aliyu Agbaje, Fake Lawyer Arrested In Osun (Photo) / Inmate Cries His Way To Freedom From Keffi Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.