Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi (11620 Views)

Customs Intercepts Combat-ready Drone, Military Hardware At MMIA (pic) / Customs Intercepts Drones, Military Uniforms, Others In Lagos (Pictures) / Customs Intercepts Container-Load Of Guns In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:14am On Feb 23
enemyofprogress:
Very good. Tinubu is working

How I found myself in Nigeria isn't my problem, my problem is where was my Great Grandfather when they kidnapped his mates to America? 🤷🫣🫣
that's a slave mentality, don't let your hate for Nigeria ruin you in life, always love your country and pray for Nigeria to succeed....

3 Likes

Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by seborrhic: 10:18am On Feb 23
I said it,all these arrests are just pampering to the issue.
Many businessmen/women would continue exploring these path of selling goods across the border because of the crazy man's Stu pid floating of the Naira that has sent it into free fall,thus making it more lucrative to sell goods outside our borders because of the higher returns once you convert the CFA or whatever currency the country uses.
When China slightly devalued,not even floated the Chinese Yuan it caused a massive friction between it and the USA and Europe because they accused the Chinese government of deliberately devaluing the yuan to make Chinese goods cheaper and flood the Western market.
China had to then start watching the market to avoid any further devaluation.
But this senile man foolishly thought he is one genius by removing subsidy and floating the Naira,only to be exposed as the geriatric,corrupt,incompetent buffon he is
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by 9jatriot(m): 10:21am On Feb 23
two things to note here, the North produces most of the food we eat in the country.

Secondly, Niger republic that the millitary dictator was making mouth the other day depends on Nigeria and by extention North for food.

1 Like

Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by buJu234: 10:26am On Feb 23
a lot of these businessmen farmers need to be arrested.

u think it's business as usual abi.

where u collect subsidized fertilizers plus the Nigerian govt. agric subsidies,
then during harvest, you take that same produce and sell them to another country
just to make a big profit.
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by Agboogashi: 10:39am On Feb 23
ManirBK:

Good development
slow and steady we are going to promise land
God bless Tinubu
God blesx Nigeria
Not only promised land but promised heaven.
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by callthefred: 10:41am On Feb 23
Dey play....for every truck seized 100 had actually found it's way across the border... We can now all see that every tribe or ethnic groups in Nigeria has both good and bad people. 600b wastes by Buhari and Emefiele every year of so called anchor borrowers but still no repayment and no food. Tinubu is even doing worse and he clearly has no direction whatsoever
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by segun18(m): 10:46am On Feb 23
enemyofprogress:

How I found myself in Nigeria isn't my problem, my problem is where was my Great Grandfather when they kidnapped his mates to America? 🤷🫣🫣

Bro abeg no kill me with laughter this morning o.It is well oooo.Your joy shall be full oooo IJMN.God bless you
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by gabbytabby: 11:01am On Feb 23
They should distribute the goods and confiscate the trucks

matify83:
It's high time they started confiscating and selling these seized items to the indigent populace.

The last interception of about 50 trucks were released to the owner though turned back.

Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by Litmus: 11:20am On Feb 23
There was once a mini famine in Niger Republic due to issues in Nigeria that I've now forgotten. In other words, Nigeria virtually feeds Niger Republic.

Should Nigeria prevent food products to Niger Republic, the other West Africa nations wouldn't be able to recover the deficit regardless of ECOWAS politics. This may lead to greater insecurity in Niger Republic that will eventually encroach Nigeria if Nigeria continues to dilly-dally over tightening her borders.
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by Pablodreay890: 11:30am On Feb 23
Cassandraloius:
Thank God they were caught.
Make dem come share am for u abi….. Why can’t u people just think from there own perspective
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by Chukwuka319(m): 11:33am On Feb 23
akseph1:

Do you say wicked?
I Don't think you know what is happening. I was told the price of fertilizer here in Middle belt is 40k. Imagine investing heavily on a farm and then you cannot get something tangible as profit.
It's really unfortunate.
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by ScamDemicEra: 11:34am On Feb 23
ManirBK:

Good development
slow and steady we are going to promise land
God bless Tinubu
God blesx Nigeria

(Quote) (Report) 23 Likes (Like) 2 Shares (Share)

matify83:
It's high time they started confiscating and selling these seized items to the indigent populace.

The last interception of about 50 trucks were released to the owner though turned back.

(Quote) (Report) 9 Likes (Unlike) (Share)
Nairaland has become a powerful weapon of mind manipulation by street level satanists. This FTC pro-Tinubu got 23 likes from "only God knows who" while someone with meaningful comment got 9 real people likes.

..... lies, mind control, otumopo/occult/fetish, rigging can win elections (8M only votes) but can't make things like hunger, extreme hardship, fiat currency, unpaid salaries etc disappear.
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by hardon1(m): 11:39am On Feb 23
What if it's a genuine supply business from a Marchant in Niger who has paid for those grains
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by oyatz(m): 11:41am On Feb 23
ShangTsung000:
IYOO....

Did Buhari really close the border or he said that impoverish the South Easterners?
And released to the owner...... Only happens in the North. This country is going nowhere.

ONYE ANWULU!!!

How does this involve the S/East which doesn't have any international borders? Must you play the victim card all the time?
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by oyatz(m): 11:47am On Feb 23
buJu234:
a lot of these businessmen farmers need to be arrested.

u think it's business as usual abi.

where u collect subsidized fertilizers plus the Nigerian govt. agric subsidies,
then during harvest, you take that same produce and sell them to another country
just to make a big profit.

I was once a farmer, not all farmers benefit from subsidised fertilisers and Agric loans or whatever. Only very few farns owned by retired Generals, top Gov't officials enjoy such benefits.
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by oyatz(m): 11:49am On Feb 23
ScamDemicEra:

Nairaland has become a powerful weapon of mind manipulation by street level satanists. The FTC pro-Tinubu got 23 likes from "only God knows who" while someone with meaningful comment got 9 real people likes.

..... lies, mind control, otumopo/occult/fetish, rigging can win elections (8M only votes) but can't make things like hunger, extreme hardship, fiat currency, unpaid salaries etc disappear.

Relax bro, all the problems in Nigeria will disappear by 2027 when Peter Obi regain his mandate.
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by SIONKPO1(m): 11:58am On Feb 23
It seems the Military government of niger Republic has destroyed the country and them exiting ECowas is bad for them.
No for from Nigeria
No food from Benin
No food from Ghana
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by Druss(m): 12:31pm On Feb 23
Think9ja:
What is their offense?

Is it that they didn't pay custom duty or because they wanted to export it?

I do not care if the entire country is dying of hunger and starvation, if there is a higher bidder in Niger, I will export my goods to Niger to sell.

Anybody that is hungry should go and farm like other people are doing.

For decades, we've bastardized farming and farmers, seeing it as what only poor and illiterate people should do. It's either we all go back to farming, or we allow the farmers sell to the highest bidder from any part of the world.

Just now that it's their time to start cashing out, it's become an issue.

Let the farmers breath

You do realise that Niger and Nigeria are not on peaceful terms currently. Sometimes do not let emotions drive you to talk but reason as well.

1 Like

Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by Yestogood: 12:34pm On Feb 23
enemyofprogress:

The slavery matter has one answer: our brothers and sisters were SOLD to the whites by those who remained. It's Africans who kidnapped and sold them to the whites. So, your ancestors were probably slave merchants..
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by ShangTsung000: 1:13pm On Feb 23
oyatz:

How does this involve the S/East which doesn't have any international borders? Must you play the victim card all the time?

IYOO...

Should have at least a seaport. Why is it so difficult for your darling country Nigeria to do that?

ONYE ANWULU!!!
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by Tapout(m): 3:41pm On Feb 23
enemyofprogress:

Maybe you for dey south side of Chicago doing geng geng shit cheesy
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by yejide16u: 4:47pm On Feb 23
Nigeria's falling currency is one of the major problem here....Nigeria's falling currency is one of the major problem here.......
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by Jegustommy: 8:43pm On Feb 23
This people are very bad people haa haa why why why why why why why why why why only God can judge you people.
Re: Again, Customs Intercepts Niger Republic Bound Grains In Kebbi by oyatz(m): 11:27pm On Feb 23
ShangTsung000:

IYOO...

Should have at least a seaport. Why is it so difficult for your darling country Nigeria to do that?

ONYE ANWULU!!!

So Buhari closed the borders so as to punish the SE which doesn't have borders but you are now shifting the goal post that SE which doesn't border any sea should have a Seaport?

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Not Gaining Anything From Nigeria – Northern Leaders / List Of Committees Inaugurated By GEJ In The Last One Year / Can We Compare Ghana To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.