Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? (100 Views)

I Have 1.7M naira, Which Business Would You Advise I Do / Which Business/investment Do You Advise A Corper To Venture Into / Which Skill/trade Would You Advise A Brother To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? by HumanCalc: 2:00pm On Feb 23
Okay this is it:

I am a 24 year old med student (300l going to 400l soon). I also work remotely and make good money online every month. And I feel this urge to buy a car but I am just scared it's a bad decision

A little insight into why I think so: 1. I have a very small stature, It would be easy to think I'm a yahoo boy if I buy a big car though I'm not. Especially because the kind of car I have in mind is like all these Benz walahi because I like them and I think I should be able to afford the one I want

2. I am scared of police harrassment so much - I don't know how I will tackle this because I no get strength to fight anybody at all

Financial is not a problem, I plan on buying it only when I can afford the exact car I want to buy like 4-5 times and na next year I dey plan sef when I will be nearly 25. And I have been working hard for 3 years buidling myself and looking for more ways to make money and I will only buy it if I know it will not affect my money

What do you guys think?

I plan on leaving the country after my studies but I am sure I still have 6 years+ here

To be honest, I don't go out much and not like I need it that much but I believe I'm not young to own one, I have and will have enough money to buy it

Just that I never grew up in a house with a car so I want one badly lol cheesy
Re: Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? by thesicilian: 2:12pm On Feb 23
It's not a bad decision. I had one in med school and it saved me a lot of time. Go for something modest, not flashy
Re: Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? by VeryWickedMan: 2:15pm On Feb 23
Buy it now or you never will.
Nairaland feminists are rushing to DM and suck all your money right now.
Re: Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? by immortalcrown(m): 2:15pm On Feb 23
To be mobile is a necessity, especially in Nigeria where commercial vehicles can disgrace or frustrate you in so many ways.

If can afford a car, get one. But if you buy a car and get carried away by the benefits of having a car, blame yourself, not the car.
Re: Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? by Zonefree(m): 2:23pm On Feb 23
Get the car, and please don't allow any Nigerian girl to monopolize the front seat.

If there must be need to carry one, don't let her put her dirty legs on the dashboard.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? by HumanCalc: 3:02pm On Feb 23
thesicilian:
It's not a bad decision. I had one in med school and it saved me a lot of time. Go for something modest, not flashy
Thanks a lot for the response. Did you face police harrasment then?

Na my main problem lol
Re: Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? by thesicilian: 4:02pm On Feb 23
HumanCalc:
Thanks a lot for the response. Did you face police harrasment then?

Na my main problem lol
Lol
If you have a car in Nigeria, you'll face police harassment. That's for sure. That's why I say get a modest, not flashy one. The level of harassment/extortion is directly proportional to how much the police think you have.
But don't let that deter you. Just put on a smiling face, be humble don't try to prove you're better than them or you know how to speak English, and and some spare change on hand to give out from time to time. Works 99% of the time.
Re: Would You Advise A Student To Get A Car? by Adewale1603(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23
Omoh, the earlier you leave this country ASAP, the better for you. This country ain't a safe place, if you get your car, you will surely face harassment and extortion from the police, you can't escape it for naija, know this and know peace, you will be tagged a Yahoo boy, if you come fresh, good looking and neat with you expensive clothing, you will surely be harassed and be a threats to them

(1) (Reply)

Business, Website. / 55 Most Successful Small Business Ideas For Beginners In 2024 / Triangle Unique Colorful Wood Creative women Leather Bracelet Watch: #56k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.