Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon (36718 Views)

Sam Amadi Threatens To Sue FFK If He Doesn't Apologise. / Sam Amadi Apologizes For Tweeting Picture Of CJN, Ariwoola / Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by njameso: 6:12pm On Feb 23
An unapologetic Igbo but I must be brutally honest.Anyone with insults can direct them to his or her ancestors, and generation unborn.
Why are they harassing Gowon? He spoke the truth about the civil war.
Gowon never wanted the war to break out and sought peaceful means of settlement,but Ojukwu was reckless,rash and too eager to pull Igbos out of Nigeria.
Well Gowon is still alive, healthy and bubbling in good health, while Ojukwu the war lord has long ago passed to the other Side.

And Gowon will live forever!
And Gowon is older than Ojukwu.
Irony of life.[/quote]
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by FashionCookie(f): 6:12pm On Feb 23
If una no quarrel 4 this Nairaland, una no go fit survive? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by pongwa(m): 6:13pm On Feb 23
seunayantokun:
Gowon is so shamelessly insensitive with that comment.
your problem is you do not understand context. He only advised Tinubu to be resolute in his intention to turn around the fortune of our country around for good

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by hardbody: 6:14pm On Feb 23
Omenlon:
and your grandfather was hiding under the bed while Gowon was dealing with the saboteurs.

What is he doing about the daily killings of his people now that the chicks have come home to roost? You bountifully reap what you sow.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by marsup: 6:15pm On Feb 23
The storm is coming.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by VULCAN(m): 6:16pm On Feb 23
When they say Urchnns should read- there is a reason.

This one has NEVER opened a book about the war but thinks that by making claims of being Igbo then we should swallow his drivel.

The Civil War ONLY occured because Gowon reneged on ALL that was agreed at Aburi.

He went there and signed an agreement with Ojukwu that could have prevented the war.

When he got back his colleagues were furious with him for granting the South East a lot of concessions and prevailed on him to renege on the agreement.

Out of fear of being killed by the likes of Murtala Mohammed, he went back on what he agreed with Ojukwu.

That is why Biafra was declared.

1M of your type cannot change the past.

You are probably like GoTeevee who claims to be Born Again but is actually a South West Muslim.

You are no Igbo and if you are- you are a Saboteur like those who sold out Biafra.

Chukwuka319:
Am unapologetic Igbo but I must be brutally honest.Anyone with insults can direct them to his or her ancestors, and generation unborn.
Gowon never wanted the war to break out and sought peaceful means of settlement,but Ojukwu was reckless,rash and too eager to pull Igbos out of Nigeria.
Well Gowon is still alive, healthy and bubbling in good health, while Ojukwu the war lord has long ago passed to the other Side.
Irony of life.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Gentlelox: 6:17pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Am unapologetic Igbo but I must be brutally honest.Anyone with insults can direct them to his or her ancestors, and generation unborn.
Irony of life.

I'm not an igbo bt any sane mind can tell that you're not an igbo man too.

I read your previous comments too. This act of yours is childish, why are u creating new account with igbo name to sound opposite ?

I hope you're paid for this, if not, it a shame and an absolute waste of time.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Richfan: 6:18pm On Feb 23
Many people who make comments on the civil war dont even know the origin and what transpired during the civil war ...while the ibos are busy spreading hate on Gowon but they refused to find out what really caused the war, instead they allow themselves to be brainwashed by someone elders statesmen among them...

Those ibos that know the truth refused to accept it because of hatred...Truth is that, Gowon was not the cause of the civil war...who will challenge a sovereign government for baseless reasons and not get burnt?

Am so disappointed at the speaker talking ill of our elderstateman like this, a man who did all he could to see that a war didn't brake out but Ojukwu provoke him to the war that he had no option..

Every president will protect his nation from infidels. When former president Obasanjo levelled Gbaramatu a community in Niger Delta because of their restiveness, the heavens didnt fall, so what is it about the ibos and the civil war?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Gentlelox: 6:18pm On Feb 23
agabusta:

Your brothers are coming for you.
he is not igbo
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by MasterTeeUSA: 6:20pm On Feb 23
US also had its own civil war and the Generals till today are celebrated for it. Sam Amadi need not to respond to everything. He is the KING of critics. You forget he was once in the Electricity Regulatory Sector with nothing to show for it.

Ebinpiawazuu:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/23/biafra-war-your-comment-disgraceful-shows-lack-of-wisdom-sam-amadi-knocks-gowon/

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by aariwa(m): 6:22pm On Feb 23
Omenlon:
and your grandfather was hiding under the bed while Gowon was dealing with the saboteurs.
same way your father hides while Fulani herdsmen pound your mother doggy style hahahaha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Scoutvibe: 6:24pm On Feb 23
Slytiger:

Sometimes ,I just read their posts and laugh when they try to rewrite history like the one (spataoflagos) I just replied above.
He citing civil war now is of no use. The war is gone and he to continuing reminding us of that is not good.
Many people died during the war. The war shouldn't have happened if the both parties kept their promises reached in Abure.
It unfortunate that many people during those time starting from the massacre to the civil war. We get to move on and left the story behind.
Even unborn ibos can never be happy to hear of their losses and which makes them a laughing stock. As time goes by people that witnessed the war will be seen no more and if this story kept on ringing in their ears I'm afraid it might lead to another war.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by arantess: 6:25pm On Feb 23
Slytiger:

The war wasn't needless. If the ibos had taken only their igboland, they would have likely succeeded. But the encroachment into other minorities land made the war mandatory.
This one doesn't even know history, just infantile yarnings

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by clemz85(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

My brother how well do you know the history? I guess not much because they didn't even teach it in school neither have they said the truth about the whole shit,

Gowon had reached a one Nigeria agreement as pertaining all the regions on his way back to airport he received a call from the British council to disagree, the north has always been the pawns in the game Britain plays in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Available9: 6:26pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.
I am older than my neighbors 3years old daughter...she died yesterday... irony of life.... hahaha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by appini: 6:27pm On Feb 23
Gowon did not speak well at all.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by AsaBlackheart(m): 6:27pm On Feb 23
killsmith:

I can perceive your dirty ogbomosho stench from my location

If Ogbomoso people come for you now, you will claim you're being oppressed.
Is this comment really necessary?

I currently live in Ogbomoso and I take offense.
Kindly modify your comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Scoutvibe: 6:27pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.
This words is really unnecessary bro. Why saying all this.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 6:27pm On Feb 23
Igbos are so difficult to understand you know. You keep blaming others for a war started by an igbo man. A war that all and sundry begged him not to start, a war that caught the FG unawares because they weren’t interested in it and didn’t do anything until Ojukwu sent men to attack.

The only person you should be telling that the war was needless, useless and infantile is Ojukwu that started it.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by chidiokay: 6:28pm On Feb 23
killsmith:

I can perceive your dirty ogbomosho stench from my location

You mean like these one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by arantess: 6:28pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.
E say gowon did not want war?

Pray tell why did he renege on aburi accord after appending signature to it in Ghana?
Or you don't know that part of history?.

Why did he call it a "police action that would be over in 3 days"?

You can't be smart by half.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Pathfinder2090: 6:28pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

Oluku 😏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by seunayantokun(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23
pongwa:
your problem is you do understand context. He only advised Tinubu to be resolute in his intention to turn around the fortune of our country around for good
In any communication context,, such as love and family, business, and politics, you can't run away from being considerate of what hurt the feelings of your audience. Take the truth and heal. Life isn't difficult but your problem is you just want to cover anything. Supporting anyone simply means you should be honest when required.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by toujurs: 6:29pm On Feb 23
What do a typical aboki man knows. Those guys should be the forest feeding on grasses if not for this union called Nigeria.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by arantess: 6:29pm On Feb 23
Intrepid01:
Igbos are so difficult to understand you know. You keep blaming others for a war started by an igbo man. A war that all and sundry begged him not to start, a war that caught the FG unawares because they weren’t interested in it and didn’t do anything until Ojukwu sent men to attack.

The only person you should be telling that the war was needless, useless and infantile is Ojukwu that started it.
Shut your lying gob....

Why did gowon renege on aburi accord after agreeing in Ghana?.

No wonder they removed history so fools like you will wallow in ignorance.

Ojukwu sat will all chiefs and heads in the eastern region and laid the situation and got the go ahead....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Truvelisback(m): 6:30pm On Feb 23
This is brutally unfair. He shouldn't have reminded them about the loss.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Ogurube: 6:30pm On Feb 23
You’re a capital FOOL!
You can’t be Igbo and be talking out of your ass.
If you don’t know the reason Ojukwu had to go to war, take a look at what’s happening in the Middlebelt, or just shut up.
Longevity is variable from person to person.
Ojukwu was born in 1933.
Gowon was born in 1934.

Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by sportskid(m): 6:31pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

Keep quiet, don't say what you don't know. Was the Aburi Accord honored? Why did Gowon say one thing and did another thing? The war has come and gone, let's move on
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by olat70(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23
God Bless you

I was told by one of the military teachers during the war that Ojukwu was very heady,not ready to listen to them on the
why the war should be avoided and when he started,he refused to listen to anybody's strategy on how to prosecute the war

But when the bubble bursted,he took off leaving all of them behind

Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 6:32pm On Feb 23
arantess:

Shut your lying gob....

Why did gowon renege on aburi accord after agreeing in Ghana?.

No wonder they removed history so fools like you will wallow in ignorance

It is your father and ancestors that are fools. Everyone knows your tribesmen are generally fools who hardly learn from history. You know what, start another war again with your foolishness and you will see your fathers and children die like rats. Very senseless set of people. Nobody will allow you to re-write history, find out from your elders, if there are still any sensible one, if the agreement at Aburi included war once it is not met. Idiotic fool.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Ogurube: 6:32pm On Feb 23
Don’t mind the itibolibo.

Available9:
I am older than my neighbors 3years old daughter...she died yesterday... irony of life.... hahaha
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:33pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

Illiterate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. / Amaechi And Prof Soyinka At The N82Million Dinner Party - Photos / Lamido, Dankwambo & Fayose Campaign At PDP Convention (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.