Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon (36744 Views)

Sam Amadi Threatens To Sue FFK If He Doesn't Apologise. / Sam Amadi Apologizes For Tweeting Picture Of CJN, Ariwoola / Femi Fani-Kayode To Gowon: Can't Celebrate Man Who Presided Killing Of 3M Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Verysmart101: 7:48pm On Feb 23
Roger3D:
The Aburi agreement was not binding before consultation with the Nigerian people. Gowon consulted and he was advised accordingly. Ojukwu thought he was smart by using his Oxford learning to bamboozle his peers into signing an agreement that would have been the end of Nigeria, until he met his match in others as learned as he was. The rest is history

And how did it help Nigeria as a nation today?
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Adammamon: 7:49pm On Feb 23
Lol, he won’t suffer one bit, the werey people have eyes on lagos since, it’s in their blood to take what doesn’t belong to them. I thank awolowo for doing the job for us. That’s why i always like yoruba people till today, wish to give them wife in the future.

Verysmart101:

This is one mistake you kids make. Ojukwu only agreed to still remain in Nigeria if only the Aburi accord was implemented. Ask yourself why was Gowon and the rest of other regions afraid to implement that accord if they were sincere? Again the fact that Gowon is still alive doesn't mean all is well with him. Go and check his children u will understand that nemesis is real. God can also vent his anger on his generations yet unborn. It's only a fool who believes he won't suffer for his attrocities.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by chuksbobby12: 7:50pm On Feb 23
Ola9ja23:
He is not afraid of anyone.

He is not a coward

Anyone who is angry should go and attack Gowon

We are not blood thirsty vampires like your people in the north .
We are not sadists.
We don't stab people at the slightest provocation .
The Igbos have value for human life

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Adammamon: 7:51pm On Feb 23
It helps because Igbos will never librate unless they reach isreal.

Verysmart101:

And how did it help Nigeria as a nation today?

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Verysmart101: 7:51pm On Feb 23
Roger3D:
Most countries with a constitution require the approval of their respective national assemblies before foreign agreements entered into by their executives can take force. In Nigeria's case back then, Gowon needed to have the consent of the SMC before the Aburi accord could be implemented. He did' not get that consent. Abi you wan make him be dictator?

Does military government operate with constitution? When he created states did he consult the supreme military council? Military dictatorship is absolute and gives supreme power to the head of state. Don't confuse it with civilian regime

2 Likes

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by AllahOfBlood: 7:51pm On Feb 23
agabusta:

Your brothers are coming for you.

that unfortunate zombi moniker is a disguise
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Realjerome200: 7:52pm On Feb 23
The Igbos went to war without guns.
How they sustain the war for three years still remains a mystery.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by christistruth01: 7:53pm On Feb 23
Believeintruth:

You again, you will soon be picked by DSS for incitement

Yawns !!!!!
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Adammamon: 7:54pm On Feb 23
See jokes, we saw the videos of your brothers beheading their one people on broad day light and kill other tribes too. Jew will always be jew. Big nose and irregular heads people.

chuksbobby12:

We are not blood thirsty vampires like your people in the north .
We are not sadists.
We don't stab people at the slightest provocation .
The Igbos have value for human life
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Verysmart101: 7:55pm On Feb 23
hardbody:

They used Gowon's people as the foot soldiers to prosecute the war. Today what is happening to the Tivs of the middle belt? Who are the ones decimating them, the Igbos? Does it now make sense why I don't sympathize with them when their fulani brethren go showing them love?

That's why I called him a kid.He doesn't know nemesis's comes in various ways. Now let Gowon save his people since he brags with war as being his achievement
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Intrepid01(m): 7:55pm On Feb 23
gidgiddy:

If people like you bothered to reas Nigerian history, you would know it was Gowon who caused the war by not abiding to the agreement he signed with Ojukwu in Ghana

No you’re wrong, the main issue is that people like you are trying to re-write history. I know that’s a convenient lie your elders told you but try and pick up books and read. I’ve read books on the Nigerian civil war, written by Nigerians. I’m very well aware that what caused the civil war wasn’t aburi meeting. But you see, if that lie makes you sleep well at night continue to live with it. However, note that it is foolish to do same thing twice and expect a different result.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Kloenboi: 7:56pm On Feb 23
This was why he erased history from our curriculum so that he can keep the history to himself
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by christistruth01: 7:57pm On Feb 23
Realjerome200:
The Igbos went to war without guns.
How they sustain the war for three years still remains a mystery.

It is not a mystery na sweet talk Ojukwu take sustain War

Listen to Ojukwu’s sweet talk just 4 month before the man fled
Ojukwu no even get food for his people to eat o!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Aw9pRqQIw?si=B3p8IgYHOo7znzPG
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by ComeToJesus: 7:59pm On Feb 23
Gowon messed up with that statement. Very infantile statement according to Sam Amadi.

Where is the reconciliation aspect of the agreement reached?
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Terrahawk: 7:59pm On Feb 23
Please, what exactly did he say wrong ??. His statement is not offensive in the slightest. When some people hear about biafra war in any way or form, it just dey pain them to the core. Nonsense.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by megidax: 8:02pm On Feb 23
AMADI you've lost it! In Yoruba land, we don't insult elders. We look for diplomatic ways to engage them. As the matter now stands, you're the one lacking wisdom.

The achievement Gowon is proud of was his ability to keep Nigeria one, and not the number of people who died in the war. If you're wise, you will tender your unreserved apology to the respected Statesman.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Jlow2: 8:02pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Am unapologetic Igbo but I must be brutally honest.Anyone with insults can direct them to his or her ancestors, and generation unborn.
Why are they harassing Gowon? He spoke the truth about the civil war.
Gowon never wanted the war to break out and sought peaceful means of settlement,but Ojukwu was reckless,rash and too eager to pull Igbos out of Nigeria.
Well Gowon is still alive, healthy and bubbling in good health, while Ojukwu the war lord has long ago passed to the other Side.
And Gowon is older than Ojukwu.
Irony of life.
gowon has never speak up even when Fulani massacre his people in thousands , you only hear of his support any government in Aso rock, those whom re silent during oppression are worst than the oppressor, what were the remote and immediate causes of the war? Gowon was timid and semi illiterate whom never understood what confederation meant, armed with stark illiterates as secretaries to aburi accord, they agreed and signed the terms at aburi, but when the returned to Nigeria a severing federal commissioner a Benin prince explained to them extensively the terms of the accord, which makes the center weak and no decision can be taken without full consent of all regions , there by relegating gowons power as head of state, you cannot rewrite history, today Igbos have moved on, but gowon and his people re the worst hit, when 200 people were massacred at gowons plateau state in December 23 2023, Peter obi an Igbo man flew from the east to visit and commiserate with Jos pple, gowon never spoke up, talk more of visiting them ,that is his nature, but he is first of all president or head of state to always visit aso rock for any new government, when he was disgraced out of power he was at AOU meeting at Uganda, he had to return to school in london, to understand what confederation meant, he was even embarrassing Nigeria to queue on the line for food, delegates were sent to London from Nigeria to advice him as it’s not befitting for an ex president, for the op how said ojukwu is dead and gowon is still enjoying life, I will leave you with a proverb you have never heard before, I know for sure you re not Igbo, the proverb is, in Italy for 30yrs under borgias they had warefare, terror murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo and Leonardo da vinci, in Switzerland they had brotherly love , the had 500yrs of democracy and peace but only produced the cuckoo clock, untill Nigeria tap into ingenuity of Igbo man , this country will never excel.leave it or take it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Kloenboi: 8:03pm On Feb 23
CommonSense1967:
Gowon will always be remembered as one of the best leaders to ever lead Nigeria.
This Sam Amadi is a complete lunatic. Instead of blaming the cowardly clown Ojukwu who started an unjust war, this fool like the rest of his tribal clowns prefers to abuse a man who did what any right-thinking leader would have done.
Gowon will always be a statesman in the eyes of the vast majority of Nigerians.

How can ojukwu start a defensive war?

Please stop disgracing yourself here

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Naijatrend(m): 8:04pm On Feb 23
cally10:

While igbo people are way better off than Gowon people... the people he claimed to maimed are the one speaking against fulani onslaughts against his poeple of plateau today.
The irony of life

When you say way better than 'Gowon people', are you referring to the " get rich or die trying" mentality or is it the "show off" and "I pass my neighbour" attitude...

Being better in a wholistic way I'll say the 'Gowon people' have it all...
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by wirinet(m): 8:11pm On Feb 23
gidgiddy:

A President signs an agreement but it is not binding? Really? Is that how you people reason? You sign an agreement then decide later if you want to go through with the agreement or not?

So how did you expect their won't be trouble?

I sign an agreement, and later I say that I conducted, and decided not to honor the agreement I signed? So I couldn't consult before signing? Then its Gowons's fault 100%

Really! A president cannot unilaterally sign an agreement affecting the fundamental structure of a country. Even a dictator cannot fo that without the agreement of the military and other sections of the country.
The Aburi Accord was never ratified by the supreme military council or politicians of other regions of the country, therefore the Aburi Accord was null and void ab initio.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by ElonEmpire: 8:13pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Am unapologetic Igbo but I must be brutally honest.Anyone with insults can direct them to his or her ancestors, and generation unborn.
Gowon never wanted the war to break out and sought peaceful means of settlement,but Ojukwu was reckless,rash and too eager to pull Igbos out of Nigeria.
Well Gowon is still alive, healthy and bubbling in good health, while Ojukwu the war lord has long ago passed to the other Side.
Irony of life.
Tunde rest. We are not protesting.

1 Like

Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:17pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.
exactly during the aburi accord going to war was also part of resolutions... So when they say gowon should apologize for what.. the East broke out of Nigeria and Nigeria went to war to keep the country as one... Even Spain had to cut of certain privileges enjoyed by catalunya when they started misbehaving.. so some Igbos are just to emotional when biafra issues comes up that's why I hardly involved in the discussion publicly and other mediums except na naira land where Dem no Sabi us
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by wirinet(m): 8:18pm On Feb 23
Verysmart101:

Does military government operate with constitution? When he created states did he consult the supreme military council? Military dictatorship is absolute and gives supreme power to the head of state. Don't confuse it with civilian regime
A military man takes an oath to maintain the territorial integrity of a country with his life. You don't expect a general to fold his hands and watch a section of the country secede.

Even if a military government suspends constitution, that doesn't mean they can give portions of the country away.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by IGBOSON1: 8:23pm On Feb 23
agabusta:

Your brothers are coming for you.

No need to….he’s not Igbo!
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by Kunlemajor: 8:33pm On Feb 23
NICe on wallahi.......I love this man now......waiting to see you analyze on arise tv tonight pls
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by godwon01(m): 8:35pm On Feb 23
If I were Grown I would not make comparison with the situation on the ground. Nigerian are one kind funny people . Very difficult to satisfy. He supposed to have kept quiet and ho on his way .See how they are dragging his legs now.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by nkwoemeka(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23
Please is gowon from which state? Is be better than Biafrans, shameless irrelevant
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by eazisky(m): 8:36pm On Feb 23
cally10:

While igbo people are way better off than Gowon people... the people he claimed to maimed are the one speaking against fulani onslaughts against his poeple of plateau today.
The irony of life

How are you better? You ppl are just gullible and impossible, lies will kill you all and wallop In self deceit, I just pity una
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by DeepSight(m): 8:40pm On Feb 23
wirinet:

A military man takes an oath to maintain the territorial integrity of a country with his life. You don't expect a general to fold his hands and watch a section of the country secede.

Even if a military government suspends constitution, that doesn't mean they can give portions of the country away.

Absolute power is absolute power my friend. No one can claim there was a law at the time which required Gowon to consult anyone.

It's best to admit that he had absolute power and in that regard he could also reverse himself.
Re: Biafra War: Your Comment Disgraceful, Shows Lack Of Wisdom – Sam Amadi To Gowon by rdokoye: 8:42pm On Feb 23
Chukwuka319:
Irony of life.

Gowon lived long enough to see the fruits of his labour, to witness his people being slaughtered by the very people he committed genocide for.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari Lied, Boko Haram Still Holds Territory In Nigeria - US Commander / Kwara Central: I Was Rigged Out – Saraki / Murray-Bruce & Dino Melaye At Osinbajo's Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.