Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute (11150 Views)

Tinubu Approves Construction Of 1,000 Houses In Kebbi, Kastina, Kaduna, Others / Buhari Approves Construction Of ₦21 Billion 14-Bed Space Presidential Clinic / FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Fineman2: 4:03pm On Feb 23
The Benue State Governor, Hyacinth Alia, has approved the construction of a 16-kilometre road to end a 46-year-old land dispute between the Nigerian Air Force Tactical Air Command Makurdi, and its host communities.

The move comes after a meeting he held with a delegation from the Air Force, as well as representatives of Ugondo and Mbaivur communities to discuss ways to resolve the lingering land dispute.

At the meeting on Wednesday in Makurdi, the state capital, Governor Alia said the road would link the borders of Makurdi and Gwer-West, up to the Gwer-West boundary with the Gboko Local Government Area, to make the communities more accessible.

According to him, resolving the dispute will attract more Federal Government presence, thereby bringing more development to the state.

The Governor thanked the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Hassan Abubakar, for his efforts to ensure that the decades-long dispute was resolved, and reiterated his administration’s readiness to ensure that more developmental projects are brought into the state.

He added that the road would serve as a permanent boundary between the natives and the Air Force.

Earlier in his address, the leader of the delegation and the Air Officer Commanding Tactical Air Command, Nigerian Air Force, Makurdi, AVM F. O. Edahosa, noted that efforts made in the past to resolve the land dispute had failed.

According to him; the Chief of Air Staff has also shown interest in the resolution of the case, considering how strategic Benue State is.

He appreciated the Governor for his tireless efforts and desire to ensure peace in the state, pointing to some of the meetings the governor had held with the heads of different security agencies since he assumed office.

Responding, the Mue Ter Ugondo, Chief Clement Kurugh, and Amir Ishor, the representative of the Ter Makurdi, all appreciated the governor and the Chief of Air Staff for wading into the land dispute, saying they trust the governor’s efforts to resolve the issue and bring a lasting solution.
https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/23/gov-alia-approves-construction-of-16km-road-to-end-decades-long-land-dispute/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Fineman2: 4:03pm On Feb 23
Nice one from my governor

EreluRoz:
Who is this man secretly dating? Hmm I can't be deceived and I'll surely find out. He doesn't look innocent to me.

Weldone all the same

Leave him alone, he's a Reverend father

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by EreluRoz: 4:08pm On Feb 23
Who is this man secretly dating? Hmm I can't be deceived and I'll surely find out. He doesn't look innocent to me.

Weldone all the same

1 Like

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Ahmed0336(m): 4:13pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:

Weldone all the same
Wetin concern construction of road and person personal life o ye son of Abraham? undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by EreluRoz: 4:22pm On Feb 23
Ahmed0336:

Wetin concern construction of road and person personal life o ye son of Abraham? undecided
He's claiming Reverend father and a governor, if I want his story I know where to get it.
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Ance4Liverpool: 4:28pm On Feb 23
What of ngbo and agila road? It needs urgent attentions in other to cement the new peace that was established last year

2 Likes

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by matify83: 4:32pm On Feb 23
Another positive feather on the cap of the clergyman governor.

Seems Benue finally has a "working and functional" governor after many years of failed leadership.

7 Likes

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by BluntCrazeMan: 5:27pm On Feb 23
Good One..

Try and Surpass Otti of Abia in Speed,, and also surpass Olu of Lagos in legacy projects.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Aremwayne: 5:27pm On Feb 23
Our Governor is the only good person in APC.. smiley
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Elibaba1: 5:28pm On Feb 23
One of the Silent working Governor in Nigeria.

I Remember his words to Akume :”Yes I know you played a part as to where I am now but please allow me to do what brought me here”

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by BBIA: 5:28pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:

Weldone all the same
You wish he oiled your black hole and brought light to it? cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Creditalerts: 5:29pm On Feb 23
grin

So no first Lady in benue state grin
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by BBIA: 5:29pm On Feb 23
Seems this man may end up emerging the best governor after all.
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by tulabh: 5:30pm On Feb 23
People are hungry for now... Focus on food, na person wey get strength go use road
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:30pm On Feb 23
Good Development.

Anything to move our Darling country forward all around is all we want at MANNA.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by bestman09(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23
wink
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Ever8090: 5:30pm On Feb 23
matify83:
Another positive feather on the cap of the clergyman governor.

Seems Benue finally has a "working and functional" governor after many years of failed leadership.

my brother, the man is trying his best but some of his party members and some stakeholders and highly placed people in the state are doing the much they can become the state treasury is no longer available for share as usual. And to make matters worst, some hungry masses are supporting those miscreant

5 Likes

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by samonak(m): 5:31pm On Feb 23
Fineman2:

He get wound for Preeq?
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Parydelegate: 5:42pm On Feb 23
Congratulations
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Ulogwe1: 5:47pm On Feb 23
Fineman2:

You mean Reverend father no get babe?

Their babe dey fine wella.
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Kenmatt(m): 5:54pm On Feb 23
See as RV Father come dey chop, buh him go later return to priesthood?

Never!

Na to come marry nah.

Na Peter Obi tsunamib be dah nah.

LP really did wonders in 2023.

Alexoo Otti, what's up?

My thumb is up for ya.
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by EreluRoz: 6:06pm On Feb 23
BBIA:

You wish he oiled your black hole and brought light to it? cool
Please kindly respect yourself and stop mentioning me, also stop that rubbish you are doing. Avoid me please
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 6:34pm On Feb 23
Creditalerts:
grin

So no first Lady in benue state grin
his mother is the first lady
Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Obagreatdatoye(m): 6:37pm On Feb 23
First time I will be hearing construction happening in the state in 9yrs

1 Like

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Fineman2: 6:44pm On Feb 23
Obagreatdatoye:
First time I will be hearing construction happening in the state in 9yrs
a lot of positive things are happening in Benue state which are not reported except bad news.

From now on, I will be bringing every good news to you guys

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Adasun(m): 6:57pm On Feb 23
Father dey make me appreciate my state

1 Like

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Xinox: 7:26pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
Please kindly respect yourself and stop mentioning me, also stop that rubbish you are doing. Avoid me please
but you can disrespect Rev.Alia because he is your mate? Sometimes you don't say things on social media the way you did. Don't feel bad, he has right to answer you that way too

3 Likes

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by EreluRoz: 7:31pm On Feb 23
Xinox:
but you can disrespect Rev.Alia because he is your mate? Sometimes you don't say things on social media the way you did. Don't feel bad, he has right to answer you that way too
Did I disrespect him? I was just thinking weirdly knowing fully well what some of his colleagues do

1 Like

Re: Gov Alia Approves Construction Of 16km Road To End Decades-Long Land Dispute by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
Did I disrespect him? I was just thinking weirdly knowing fully well what some of his colleagues do

And that's exactly what the guy did to you too... thinking weirdly of you knowing what some of your colleagues do

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Invade Plateau Market, Gun Down 7 / Gej Should Declare A State Of Emergency In Abia State (aba): / Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.