Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo (26557 Views)

Ifagbemi Awamaridi Claims He Is The Authentic LP Governorship Candidate In Lagos / Enugu East: Kelvin Chibuzor Chukwu Emerges LP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by MEGAWATCH: 5:11pm On Feb 23
Obiedun:
Obi and Abure almost shortchanged him. Thank God he cried out. Corrupt people.

I pray that your hate for Obi will belle full you anytime hunger wire your belle.

Is Obi part of the party exco?

Only God knows why you people are so afraid of the man you said came third.

You may be hiding something
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by seguno2: 5:14pm On Feb 23
oluwaseyi0:
You mean with all what's going on in Nigeria people will still vote APC

What do the results of recent bye elections suggest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by FashionCookie(f): 5:14pm On Feb 23
thesicilian:

in a democracy, the best man hardly wins. It's the most generous and popular man that usually wins.
grin grin abi o
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by monex(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23
Beolly:

I thought they said they don't practice tribalism in Edo State, why should his inability to speak the language be an issue?? When Yoruba people said GRV can't speak the language some people said it's not necessary and tagged it tribalism.

So the LP candidate having a Yoruba name is also an issue? There are people from Akoko Edo who speak and bear Yoruba name. I hope when others do the same thing nobody would complain.

Those things don't matter in Edo. The guy is just canvassing for his APC candidate. Akpata has a stronger chance than the APC guy sef.

The advantage of the APC guy is Oshiomhole's stronghold in Etsako but that still depends on them quickly mending fences with Oshiomole.

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Lukane: 5:17pm On Feb 23
kelly72:

That's a lie from the pit of he'll.
Obaseki cannot present 2 candidates in
different parties.

I urge Edo people to replicate the heroic feat
they achieved during the presidential election where they called the bluff of criminals.

Elect Olumide Apata
It is your right
It is your power
why olumide akpata??is Edo central for governor, not Edo south, so is either PDP or APC

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by bjdon: 5:18pm On Feb 23
Ezewuzie01:
It is looking like APC will win. PDP chose a man who cannot speak his mother's tongue and needs an interpreter talk to his own people, while LP chose a man who has a Yoruba name and lives in Lagos in contravention to the popular Edo slogan that Edo no be Lagos.
You are very ignorant
For your information lots of Edo families have links with other parts of the country, you seem to forget Edo was an empire. Also the Edo's are well traveled.
The Bello-Osagie family for example is a prominent Bini family, yet they tend to answer Muslim names(I assume you know Hakeem Bello-Osagie formally of UBA). Would you say a Bello-Osagie can't contest for Edo Governor?
The Akpata family have been very involved in politics right from the time of old Bendel state. In the 2nd republic, the senator for Bendel central, then covered the Bini area was Senator Olu Akpata. The former director of NPA was Tayo Akpata and he lived in GRA Benin City
Also the former governor of old Bendel state was Amborse Folorunsho Ali nobody said he was not a true Esan man, even though he was born in Ondo state

9 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by seguno2: 5:18pm On Feb 23
thesicilian:

in a democracy, the best man hardly wins. It's the most generous and popular man that usually wins.

Democracy of agberos and almajiris, because educated people are too POSH to get involved with the politics that determines every aspect of their life through public policies?

Is this what it means to be smart
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Katcall: 5:23pm On Feb 23
FashionCookie:
Let the best man win!
abadie
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by VULCAN(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23
Urrchns don land

seguno2:

Is he also a communist labourer who believes in subsidies for consumption and government ownership of businesses?

Or he is a desperate political hustler like Peter Obi who says things that he doesn’t do

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by lexy2014: 5:29pm On Feb 23
Tap0lane:
Yorubaphobia wan kill the yeye ipob clown. He sleeps n wake knowing there is this tall looming Yoruba shadow threatening his hate filled existence wherever he goes.

off point. that is not what I asked.

how does having a yoruba name disqualify Akpata from winning?

was the slogan "Edo no be Lagos" coined because of Yoruba name?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by obembet(f): 5:29pm On Feb 23
Putinofrussia:

John Oyegun had Yoruba name and he was governor of Edo state.

Some part of Edo are Yoruba. Even many of them dey speak Yoruba... I do Edo have Yoruba name no be new thing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Davidgregs(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23
oluwaseyi0:

You mean with all what's going on in Nigeria people will still vote APC
Thunder will purnish anybody that'll still vote APC amidst the crisis that we are facing in this country. Look at where they have dragged us to, not a single promise in their manifesto that has been fulfilled.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by lexy2014: 5:29pm On Feb 23
Tap0lane:
Yorubaphobia wan kill the yeye ipob clown. He sleeps n wake knowing there is this tall looming Yoruba shadow threatening his hate filled existence wherever he goes.

off point. pls try again.

1. how does having a yoruba name disqualify Akpata from winning?

2. was the slogan "Edo no be Lagos" coined because of Yoruba name?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Slytiger: 5:30pm On Feb 23
Jeje247:
Black people are irredeemable. So as I can't speak my language, I would be denied a chance to lead my people when I contest elections in future bah?
Go and try that in the East 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by EmekaBlue(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23
He resemble one yoruba actor and na fire burn his hand?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by BluntCrazeMan: 5:30pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
Former President of the Nigeria Bar Association, Olumide Osaigbovo Akpata has emerged Governorship Candidate of the Labour Party in Edo State.

Olumide - 316,
Riceman - 7,
Mrs. Angela - 0,
Mr. Segius - 4,
Prince Tom - 0,
Eromosele - 7,
Earnest - 0,
Dr. Loretta - 0,
Mrs. Blessing - 0.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Riskymarvelous(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23
Dagger111:
Okpata is going no where.
are you among those candidates?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Obiedun(m): 5:31pm On Feb 23
MEGAWATCH:

I pray that your hate for Obi will belle full you anytime hunger wire your belle.

Is Obi part of the party exco?

Only God knows why you people are so afraid of the man you said came third.

You may be hiding something
I don touch your lord and saviour? You go wail taya aswear.

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by BluntCrazeMan: 5:31pm On Feb 23
Ezewuzie01:
It is looking like APC will win. PDP chose a man who cannot speak his mother's tongue and needs an interpreter talk to his own people, while LP chose a man who has a Yoruba name and lives in Lagos in contravention to the popular Edo slogan that Edo no be Lagos.

This guy lives in the PAST
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by BluntCrazeMan: 5:32pm On Feb 23
aikyg:
Nice one. I like the quality of candidates that emerged from the three major parties in the Edo state governorship race. They are all quality candidates. Good luck to them and the people Edo state in the coming election.

There will still be MASSIVE RIGGING.!!
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by BluntCrazeMan: 5:32pm On Feb 23
FashionCookie:
Let the best man win!
BEST RIGGER RATHER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by doncartel: 5:33pm On Feb 23
Excellent news. Akpata is a competent technocrat who is supported by the vast majority of Edo people. He is automatically the incoming Governor.

Expect Edo State to challenge Dubai and even Japan in the area of economic development.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Benwallt(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23
sagitariusbaby:
We are not like that in Edo state, Edo Central where both the PDP and APC candidates hails from have the least number of voters so mother's tongue won't matter, Edo people don't have any issue with Yoruba names because it's common among the people

Don't mind that inebriated he-goat. Edo and Yoruba are intertwininly interwoven. Let the best man win

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by ppogba: 5:33pm On Feb 23
Beolly:

I thought they said they don't practice tribalism in Edo State, why should his inability to speak the language be an issue?? When Yoruba people said GRV can't speak the language some people said it's not necessary and tagged it tribalism.

So the LP candidate having a Yoruba name is also an issue? There are people from Akoko Edo who speak and bear Yoruba name. I hope when others do the same thing nobody would complain.

This clown you people are quoting is not from Edo and does not speak for Edo people.

By their comments you should know them.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Nyouth: 5:33pm On Feb 23
Jeje247:
Black people are irredeemable. So as I can't speak my language, I would be denied a chance to lead my people when I contest elections in future bah?
so you don't our mentality as black monkeys,
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Benwallt(m): 5:35pm On Feb 23
thesicilian:

Are you saying that tribal sentiment is not important in a state election? At the national level, that's understandable, the nation belongs to us all but when it comes to state and local government politics, leave them to run it as they deem fit. Before a tenant can be made the chairman of the landlords association, he must have proven himself exceptional in all ramifications.

Apata is 100% Edo man. He just happened to have a Yoruba name just like Rotimi Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by OredoPikin: 5:39pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
The crisis in Edo PDP may pave way for APC in Edo state
APC with plenty crisis 🤣🤣
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Indispensable85(m): 5:39pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
Former President of the Nigeria Bar Association, Olumide Osaigbovo Akpata has emerged Governorship Candidate of the Labour Party in Edo State.

He'll simply finish distant third. Lol 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Ance4Liverpool: 5:39pm On Feb 23
seanfer:
APC should find a way to settle all the internal issues in Edo state..
LP candidate coming from Edo south will have effect on PDP votes in that senatorial district.
If Edo north still stand with APC then it will be a walkover for their party.
Who will vote apc in this kind of federal messup from tinibu, i would advise u not to folow apc during campaign to avoid stones bcs people they vex ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Jeffy1206(m): 5:39pm On Feb 23
This man is born to be man of the people. We enjoyed his reign as NBA president. Edo please don't miss this chance. Even if he's in apc, I'll vote for him if I can.

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Benwallt(m): 5:40pm On Feb 23
Jeje247:

Didn't see his moniker? Tribalism is a delicious food where he came from
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Chimela101: 5:40pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
The crisis in Edo PDP may pave way for APC in Edo state
Olumide Akpata is a threat to APC and PDP.!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bell 412 Helicopter Inducted By Nigerian Air Force (Photos) / Zainab Ahmed Now Substantive Minister Of Finance- Presidency / Kogi Governorship Election 2019 Updates As Protest Loads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.