Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo (26582 Views)

Imo: Athan Nneji Achonu (one-arm General) Emerges LP Guber Candidate / Ifagbemi Awamaridi Claims He Is The Authentic LP Governorship Candidate In Lagos / Enugu East: Kelvin Chibuzor Chukwu Emerges LP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by tiswell(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23
Now,behold the next governor of f Edo state

6 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:52pm On Feb 23
Is he not from Edo south?

Seems LP are truly and appendage of PDP after all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by thesicilian: 4:53pm On Feb 23
shegzee43:

Tribal sentiments will destroy Nigeria before the economy. What is Yoruba name? What is mother tongue? That's why you have to put state of origin on a CV.
Are you saying that tribal sentiment is not important in a state election? At the national level, that's understandable, the nation belongs to us all but when it comes to state and local government politics, leave them to run it as they deem fit. Before a tenant can be made the chairman of the landlords association, he must have proven himself exceptional in all ramifications.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by seguno2: 4:53pm On Feb 23
fergie001:
Former President of the Nigeria Bar Association, Olumide Osaigbovo Akpata has emerged Governorship Candidate of the Labour Party in Edo State.

Is he also a communist labourer who believes in subsidies for consumption and government ownership of businesses?

Or he is a desperate political hustler like Peter Obi who says things that he doesn’t do

“’I cannot take anything back about Obi. I said Obi said he wants to move Nigeria back from consumption to production and I said that is not true. He cannot do it because his own business survives on consumption. Is that a lie? He has been an importer and I said he deals with cash and carry economics; container economics, imports”.

“All the goods that can be produced in Nigeria, Obi imports them in his supermarkets. That is consumption economics. That kind of person cannot tell you that he is moving you from consumption to production. He will then be committing self-economic suicide and Obi will not do that to himself”.

“So, Obi is deceiving everybody and I can’t take that back because that is true.

https://independent.ng/peter-obi-deceiving-everybody-i-wont-retract-my-statement-about-him-dele-alake/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by seguno2: 4:56pm On Feb 23
Seefinish:
Edo people, this man should be your governor.

What ideological and personal differences make him better than the APC and PDP candidates

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Beolly(m): 4:56pm On Feb 23
Ezewuzie01:
It is looking like APC will win. PDP chose a man who cannot speak his mother's tongue and needs an interpreter talk to his own people, while LP chose a man who has a Yoruba name and lives in Lagos in contravention to the popular Edo slogan that Edo no be Lagos.
I thought they said they don't practice tribalism in Edo State, why should his inability to speak the language be an issue?? When Yoruba people said GRV can't speak the language some people said it's not necessary and tagged it tribalism.

So the LP candidate having a Yoruba name is also an issue? There are people from Akoko Edo who speak and bear Yoruba name. I hope when others do the same thing nobody would complain.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by fergie001: 4:57pm On Feb 23
Agbegbaorogboye:

Indispensable85 come and react ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by MrALIVE: 4:57pm On Feb 23
OredoPikin:

LP done mess up
Akpata na Obaseki boy na
True true na Obaseki dey control Edo LP

shattap

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by OVB123: 4:58pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

.....but you said with Wike's help, Shaibu will be declared by the Courts?
Shaibu election wasn't monitored by inec that alone made non and void.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Basic123: 4:58pm On Feb 23
Seefinish:
Edo people, this man should be your governor.
Edo is now lagos
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by MatrixCircle: 4:58pm On Feb 23
Dagger111:
Okpata is going no where.

El Rufai said same "Obi will not get upto 5% vote from the North "
Until Obi shocked him in the North and even Kaduna. They had to rig to save themselves from Obi's victory.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Jeje247: 4:59pm On Feb 23
Ezewuzie01:
It is looking like APC will win. PDP chose a man who cannot speak his mother's tongue and needs an interpreter talk to his own people, while LP chose a man who has a Yoruba name and lives in Lagos in contravention to the popular Edo slogan that Edo no be Lagos.
Black people are irredeemable. So as I can't speak my language, I would be denied a chance to lead my people when I contest elections in future bah?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by ddippset(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23
fergie001:

.....but you said with Wike's help, Shaibu will be declared by the Courts?
Don't mind all these people talking from all compass points of their mouths.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by oluwaseyi0: 4:59pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
The crisis in Edo PDP may pave way for APC in Edo state

You mean with all what's going on in Nigeria people will still vote APC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Beolly(m): 4:59pm On Feb 23
lexy2014:

how does having a yoruba name disqualify Akpata from winning?

was the slogan "Edo no be Lagos" coined because of Yoruba name?
Hypocrisy at play. When GRV was rejected for not being able to speak the language some people said it was tribalism.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Beolly(m): 5:00pm On Feb 23
Putinofrussia:

John Oyegun had Yoruba name and he was governor of Edo state.
In the old era. This is 2024.

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by DeepSight(m): 5:01pm On Feb 23
Templars vs Banwo & Ighodalo.
Ghen Ghen.

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Teeklef(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23
oluwaseyi0:

You mean with all what's going on in Nigeria people will still vote APC
It happens,it has happened in the past and don't let it shock you it will still happen in the future.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Beolly(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23
shegzee43:

Tribal sentiments will destroy Nigeria before the economy. What is Yoruba name? What is mother tongue? That's why you have to put state of origin on a CV.
That's a man from SE saying that. I remembered when the they called others tribalist for rejecting GRV.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Amaoz: 5:02pm On Feb 23
shegzee43:

. Correct talk

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by 12345baba(m): 5:03pm On Feb 23
Ezewuzie01:
please do and move to niger republic we don't need ur kind of mentality in Nigeria. We are praying for people that we give people good governance ur here analysing names and language

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by lexy2014: 5:03pm On Feb 23
Beolly:

Hypocrisy at play. When GRV was rejected for not being able to speak the language some people said it was tribalism.

off point. how is that related to the questions I asked?

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Slytiger: 5:03pm On Feb 23
Waste of time..Something that Abure has sold to PDP.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Slytiger: 5:04pm On Feb 23
Ezewuzie01:
😂😂😂. This reminds me of the GRV saga.

Atleast the PDP guy did not insult Benin and Edo people (at large) unlike GRV that uses tribal insults on Yorubas.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Tareq1105: 5:04pm On Feb 23
Agbegbaorogboye:

Outgoing Gov Obaseki is from Edo South and he wants to hand over to another Edo South?

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Beolly(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23
lexy2014:

off point. how is that related to the questions I asked?

I'm referring to the guy quoted not you. That guy is an hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by pquaver(m): 5:05pm On Feb 23
Paragon311:
Edo no be Lagos..

Watching quietly

If LP win Edo don be lagos be that na.. Olumide Akpata😁

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by pquaver(m): 5:06pm On Feb 23
lexy2014:

But the man is more lagos than edo abi u wan argue that one.. All the time u heard of him before now was it not his activities in lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by CommonSense1967: 5:08pm On Feb 23
Political Lawyer. grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by kelly72: 5:09pm On Feb 23
OredoPikin:

LP done mess up
Akpata na Obaseki boy na
True true na Obaseki dey control Edo LP

That's a lie from the pit of he'll.
Obaseki cannot present 2 candidates in
different parties.

I urge Edo people to replicate the heroic feat
they achieved during the presidential election where they called the bluff of criminals.

Elect Olumide Apata
It is your right
It is your power

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Tap0lane: 5:09pm On Feb 23
Yorubaphobia wan kill the yeye ipob clown. He sleeps n wake knowing there is this tall looming Yoruba shadow threatening his hate filled existence wherever he goes.

lexy2014:

Ezewuzie01 post=128609924:

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by santaclaws: 5:10pm On Feb 23
Ezewuzie01:

But Rotimi Amaechi has a Yoruba name and became governor in Rivers state. Yoruba and Edo cultures are interwoven and Edo, Itsekiri, Ilaje people have Yoruba first names. This is no news.

At the end of the day, it's all about good governance!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tanker fire kills one, burns 3 trucks in Lagos / [BREAKING] INEC States General Elections Dates For The Next 36 Years / Nigerian Economy Under My Watch Is Looking Good - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.