Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,160 members, 7,829,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo (26633 Views)

Imo: Athan Nneji Achonu (one-arm General) Emerges LP Guber Candidate / Ifagbemi Awamaridi Claims He Is The Authentic LP Governorship Candidate In Lagos / Enugu East: Kelvin Chibuzor Chukwu Emerges LP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by MasterTeeUSA: 7:50pm On Feb 23
You think Peter Obi will not go and campaign in Edo...dey play dey play

OGHENAOGIE:
split which votes u think this is president elections... LP stands no chance it's between PDP APC... And expect obaseki to throw it all to make his candidate win

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:54pm On Feb 23
MasterTeeUSA:
You think Peter Obi will not go and campaign in Edo...dey play dey play

president elections LP won plateau why did Peter Obi not go campaign in plateau for LP to win gorvenor?? U are living in self deceit who is Obi to influence Edo politics for LP
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by monex(m): 7:56pm On Feb 23
OGHENAOGIE:
did u really type that akpata have chance than APC candidate.. u think this is president polls where pple were swayed by obi mania , APC is stronger as a party in Edo state and APC Guy is from Esanland akpata from Edo south as obaseki stand no chance plus LP is just a small Party that ll come Third..

If Oshiomhole does not back the APC guy then he would struggle with Edo north votes.

I agree though that I am overestimating LP. Their victory in presidential elections in Edo state was more due to Obi than an clout or grassroot LP has
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:57pm On Feb 23
Godfullsam:

You are very correct.

If a very popular idiot contest and election against an intelligent man who is relatively unknown, na the idiot go win .
one factor is party a network of structure... PDP APC is stronger than LP hence stand a better chance to win... Politics most I isn't about individual but the structure u run on.. that's Why Obi came third 2023.. even though he wasn't as intelligent as being hyped
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:01pm On Feb 23
Dancebreaker:

Lol. They have no idea. Choosing Olumide is very strategic. Olumide will just divide the vital Edo South vote and draw young voters. Especially if Obi takes his time to campaign vigorously in Edo. LP will pick a deputy from Edo North to divide APC stronghold.

Anybody can win this election now. The margin will be narrow.

I believe however, that it's the turn of Edo Central, to be fair.
obi that couldn't make obazee win in anambra na im go com mak akpata win for edo state... This is Loca politics tel Obi to stay clear or far away not even tinubu president can influence Edo politics
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:09pm On Feb 23
monex:

If Oshiomhole does not back the APC guy then he would struggle with Edo north votes.

I agree though that I am overestimating LP. Their victory in presidential elections in Edo state was more due to Obi than an clout or grassroot LP has
and who says oshiomole as party man wont back him? Besides APC wants to win Edo state so they ll settle differences.. as far as Edo elections is concerned LP ll just come third... Obaseki is pulling weight for Ighodalo and u can' see how ruthless he has been with shiabu his deputy.. APC candidate is a senator and thorough politician so what's akpata antecedents... Apart from banking on LP popularity last president polls... LP doesn't have the cloat PDP APC has in Edo state
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by gentlekeny(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23
OredoPikin:

LP done mess up
Akpata na Obaseki boy na
True true na Obaseki dey control Edo LP

You propaganda is like a watery sperm
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by ekhai(m): 8:51pm On Feb 23
Chimela101:

Olumide Akpata is a threat to APC and PDP.!
BINI MAN CANNOT SUCCEED A BINI MAN. OBASEKI IS FROM BINI. WE'VE AGREED THAT POWER MUST SHIFT TO EDO CENTRAL SENATORIAL DISTRICT. AKPATA STAND NO CHANCE IN THIS ELECTION. TAKE THIS TO THE BANK.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Menclothing: 8:53pm On Feb 23
Oshiomole
Ayo
Olumide

All are Edo name

Winner is btw Lp and Apc
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by MasterTeeUSA: 9:23pm On Feb 23
Make sure you come back here to correct yourself after Obi lands in EDO

OGHENAOGIE:
president elections LP won plateau why did Peter Obi not go campaign in plateau for LP to win gorvenor?? U are living in self deceit who is Obi to influence Edo politics for LP
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Lukane: 9:24pm On Feb 23
ekhai:
BINI MAN CANNOT SUCCEED A BINI MAN. OBASEKI IS FROM BINI. WE'VE AGREED THAT POWER MUST SHIFT TO EDO CENTRAL SENATORIAL DISTRICT. AKPATA STAND NO CHANCE IN THIS ELECTION. TAKE THIS TO THE BANK.
Very correct

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by BodyCount: 9:51pm On Feb 23
Putinofrussia:

John Oyegun had Yoruba name and he was governor of Edo state.
Edo is partly owned by the Yorubas
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Hawkler: 10:26pm On Feb 23
Ezewuzie01:
It is looking like APC will win. PDP chose a man who cannot speak his mother tongue and needs an interpreter to talk to his people, while LP chose a man who has a Yoruba name and lives in Lagos in contravention of the popular Edo slogan that Edo no be Lagos.
You are talking like a hummingbirds that flies backward how does Olamide affect him, this is politics Man. Can you believe that an Oga man can win House of Rep?
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by hopexter(m): 11:24pm On Feb 23
Putinofrussia:

What’s his Yoruba name?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:56pm On Feb 23
MasterTeeUSA:
Make sure you come back here to correct yourself after Obi lands in EDO

He can go sleep in oba's Palace for all i care LP Will com Third if Ighodalo doesn't win ogbegbolo is the next gorvenor simple and short
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Donperry1(m): 12:17am On Feb 24
Apkata is a Benin name and besides this n comes from a linage of which has produced an INEC Chairman in the beautiful city an the great kingdom of Benin. To crown it all he has pricidence as the chairman of NBA. So if you do anyhow, you will see anyhow....
Ezewuzie01:
It is looking like APC will win. PDP chose a man who cannot speak his mother's tongue and needs an interpreter talk to his own people, while LP chose a man who has a Yoruba name and lives in Lagos in contravention to the popular Edo slogan that Edo no be Lagos.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Goodvibes007: 12:54am On Feb 24
Putinofrussia:

That Olumide name na big issue ooo. I am currently listening to a space on twitter where they are worried about his name.

Even some Edo obidients don't like the fact that he has a Yoruba name while others on the same space are trying to pacify others. Alot of Edo and even some Obidients won't vote for him just for that fact.

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by christistruth01: 1:00am On Feb 24
Putinofrussia:

Even Oshiomhole self na Yoruba name
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by christistruth01: 1:03am On Feb 24
Goodvibes007:

That Olumide name na big issue ooo. I am currently listening to a space on twitter where they are worried about his name.

Even some Edo obidients don't like the fact that he has a Yoruba name while others on the same space are trying to pacify others. Alot of Edo and even some Obidients won't vote for him just for that fact.

We told them Obidients went Tribal long ago

This is proof

By the way both Olumide and his Surname Akpata are Yoruba Names

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Goodvibes007: 1:04am On Feb 24
christistruth01:

we told them Obidients went Tribal long ago

This is proof

By the way both Olumide and his Surname Akpata are Yoruba Names
They can't give half of what they dish out to others. They spent hours on that space arguing on his name lol.

Infact some said they won't call him Olumide but will only call him Akpata as they don't like the sound of Olumide.

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by christistruth01: 1:08am On Feb 24
Goodvibes007:

They can't give half of what they dish out to others. They spent hours on that space arguing on his name lol.

Infactt some said they won't call him Olumide but will only call him Akpata.

The truth is Yoruba is the Umbilical Cord
Edos just can't get Rid of no matter what they do it keeps turning up

What God has Joined together let no man put asunder

Even Oba of Benin Title Omo'noba na Yoruba

Benin itself na Yoruba name Ile Ibinu which Yoruba Prince Oranmiyan who was also the first Alaafin take do Naming Ceremony for them 800 years ago after they gave him some samples of their hot temper tantrums which some are still already displaying even in this case today

Dem don dey vex already only because of the name Olumide

Don't be surprised if many of them would even rather vote for Phillip Shaibu who even get Northern name

Their ancestors must have worked Oranmiyan up until he was left biting his finger nails and staring at the sky wandering what he could had done to deserve such a great punishment from the Almighty

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by opamoses1: 1:08am On Feb 24
Goodvibes007:

Infact some said they won't call him Olumide but will only call him Akpata as they don't like the sound of Olumide.
I was on that space too. Some even said they should strictly only call him Akpata because Olumide won't not make the general local Edo people vote for him. I wonder if they tell the guy to remove the name Olumide from his campaign posters.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by opamoses1: 1:09am On Feb 24
christistruth01:

The truth is Yoruba is the Umbilical Cord
Edos just can't get Rid of no matter what they do

What God has Joined together let no man put asunder

Even Oba of Benin Title Omo'noba na Yoruba
grin

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by christistruth01: 1:14am On Feb 24
cool
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Goodvibes007: 1:14am On Feb 24
opamoses1:

I was on that space too. Some even said they should strictly only call him Akpata because Olumide won't not make the general local Edo people vote for him. I wonder if they tell the guy to remove the name Olumide from his campaign posters.
Yup. They were telling others to overlook the name and focus on what he is going to bring to the table.

I was shocked when a very vocal Obidient from Edo South said she had no candidate in the game. One of the host said it straight to her face that she was finding it hard to get over the name.

They were trying to convince her that Olumide brought them several Sienna buses, 25,000 chairs, gave them money for campaign offices e.t.c during the presidential election, but it's still very easy to tell that she is not convinced.

If these are the so called educated ones, imagine what the average illiterate on the street thinks about Olumide.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Goodvibes007: 1:16am On Feb 24
Goodvibes007:

Yup. They were telling others to overlook the name and focus on what he is going to bring to the table.

I was shocked when a very vocal Obidient from Edo South said she had no candidate in the game. One of the host said it straight to her face that she was finding it hard to get over the name.

They were trying to convince her that Olumide brought them several Sienna buses, 25,000 chairs, gave them money for campaign offices e.t.c during the presidential election, but it's still very easy to tell that she is not convinced.

If these are the so called educated ones, imagine what the average illiterate on the street thinks about Olumide.
Ps: And she also said Akpata is a name Yoruba people near as well grin

She doesn't even know Yorubas bear Apata (e.g. Teni the musician) NOT Akpata.

Much Ado over a name. She suddenly forgot LP top to bottom.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Santoss23: 6:25am On Feb 24
You have spoken well

aikyg:
Nice one. I like the quality of candidates that emerged from the three major parties in the Edo state governorship race. They are all quality candidates. Good luck to them and the people Edo state in the coming election.
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Putinofrussia: 6:52am On Feb 24
hopexter:

What’s his Yoruba name?
His Yoruba name is Oyegun.

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by hopexter(m): 7:14am On Feb 24
Putinofrussia:
His Yoruba name is Oyegun.

It’s a popular native Edo name. Have you ever heard or seen any Yoruba man bearing Oyegun?

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by uniquelyspecial(m): 7:35am On Feb 24
Muaj196:
I dunno buh not you. So please can you mind your business and stop mentioning me. Thanks
This is a forum. Posts made are for all members.
Thanks
Re: Olumide Akpata Emerges LP Governorship Candidate In Edo by Putinofrussia: 8:24am On Feb 24
hopexter:

It’s a popular native Edo name. Have you ever heard or seen any Yoruba man bearing Oyegun?
Yes.
What are you insinuating?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Warned Zakzaky Against Blocking Roads-sheikh Ahmad Gumi / El-Rufai Smiling As He Meets Bishops To Settle Rift With Christians (Photos) / Supporters Wave At Abba K Yusuf, PDP Kano Candidate On His Way To Bebeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.