Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband (34441 Views)

Photo Of Governor Akeredolu In Hospital With His Wife, Betty / Governor Akeredolu And His Wife, Betty, On Instagram Live Video Session / Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Has ‘taken Over’ As Ondo Governor – Pastor Giwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Babangidapikin: 4:26am On Feb 24
grin Taking shade on one alleged famous wife beater ...change ya way ...
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:27am On Feb 24
Malroux:
I can bet that this woman used to beat Aketi when Aketi was alive. The way she controls Aketi said it all.
lol,you no lie my brother. "isan Igbo" dey her body.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Image123(m): 4:28am On Feb 24
This woman really gives a bad name to the tribe if this is not doctored. It also confirms many of the unfortunate allegations that have been flying around. So much for atheism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Fujiyama: 4:32am On Feb 24
Hmmm...

Interesting thread...
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Benwallt(m): 4:43am On Feb 24
MEGAWATCH:

Okay o!

Just remember to ask your men to learn how to control their third legs when they see Igbo women.

No be only Una dey come work for Igbo land, Igbos dey work for Yoruba land too, although your woman dey wowo too much.

Tell your women to stop running after Yoruba men Abi there's no NO in their dictionary for Yoruba men.

I don't blame them though, it's a survival strategy for them to escape abject poverty of their region.

Train your daughters on how to say NO to Yoruba men

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by kelly72: 5:31am On Feb 24
Appletek:

In Igboland where she comes from, shy didn't they allow her represent them in the Senate?
They should have shaved her head like they do in Igboland.
She's behaving like a pepper seller in Ondo when she can't even open her dirty mouth in her Umuada.

Is Ireti Kingibe representing you at the senate? Did Grace Folashade Bent represent you at the senate? It's indeed very painful to be exposed as a wife beater.
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by kelly72: 5:33am On Feb 24
yewit37486:
So inappropriate to be using the tribute to her husband to throw shade. Very wrong. Mere reading the tribute shows why this woman is so much disliked. Character is truly like smoke, it MUST come out one way or the other.

She was giving account of her relationship with her late husband, how proud she is of him. Every woman will talk like that. I understand that many of you were infuriated by the way Aketi loved his wife. Funny enough, you don't even know how much misfortune you attract to yourselves as a consequence of that.

Thankfully, she has given a clear evidence to God for the judgment of her husband in heaven. Many of you tribalists who have married from your tribes will surely not benefit as such from your wives at your trial in heaven.
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by FireUpNow(m): 5:58am On Feb 24
Akeri has gone to sleep. No amount of sweet or bitter words will bring him back to life. Rest on till judgement trumpet is sounded
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Passionate1(m): 6:01am On Feb 24
Solofresh2:
Na now way him don die you dey tell am abi

Women only appreciate men when it's too late. .dem no too get sense. . Don't take dem too seriously. .
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Amumaigwe: 6:18am On Feb 24
TimeManager:
Woman, stop being smart by half. Thank goodness you confessed that he loved you but do you really love him back?, No, you don't. If you did, his life would be more important to you than the greed and allure of power. A man that stood by you when you had cancer, deserved much better than you treated him.

-kiss the truth!

What did she do to him?
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by glolomoh: 6:28am On Feb 24
Full Text

TRIBUTE TO MY LOVE, AKETI
Darlin....
It's me, your adorable Betty.
You just left me
Just like that!
It hurts
Badly it hurts
Now alone
To face all manners of mockery
From the so-called friends and adversaries alike.
Not a few lashed out that you were a weakling because you loved me.
Abego! Can an Amotekun generalssimo be a weakling? Mbanuu! It doesn't add up nau. Haba!
By the way, do they know what love is?
I don't think so
In their homes while growing up they saw their mothers trampled upon as doormats.
Beaten up like punchbags.
They copied the template and treated their wives as pieces of furniture that can be easily discarded as
trash. And in many instances the subjugation was garnished with beatings
while the community looked the other way and remained unperturbed as gender based violence
reigned supreme nationwide.
In civilised climes, if you beat your wife, jail awaits you even if you are a Governor.
They marvel that a Nigerian man can love his wife.
To them na only Oyibo man dey love.
They are infuriated that a Yoruba man can love his wife who is Igbo.
How can? Igbo lasan, lasan!
To them na only Oyibo man dey love.
Na love at first sight brought us together, biko. No be juju!
Na love make me cross the Niger.
That love at first sight turned out to be true and pure.
And you were proud to say it
You were proud to show it
You were even prouder to tell the people of Ondo State and beyond that we were a team. You were
audacious to tell your people that "you voted for one but got two"..
A testimony of my positive contribution to your life and career, emotionally and intellectually.

We differed on one aspect, though. Religion. Your were religious and wore your faith on your
sleeves. I'm not. With no apologies. You were frustrated. Yet, we managed to work it out by
harnessing our communication skills. You came to terms with my position on religion and respected
my choice of pragmatism. And a peaceful home we built by respecting each other's idiosyncrasies,
supporting each other's career pathways and loving each other at the same time. That you were
courageous and fearless are now like a radio jingle on the lips of all and sundry.
As a partner, you were kind and playful but annoying sometimes with your jokes which became
normal over the years given that trying to change you from cracking expensive jokes was an exercise
in futility.
During our early years of marriage when we started from the scratch, you made sure we didn't lack.
You took care of me and the children. With time, you became the best husband, dad and grandpa any
wife, child or grandchild would wish for.
Aketi's tribute to Betty @60 on July 20, 2013 gives the reader an insight into the marriage of 42 years
we had. We were soul mates. If there is anything like another life, I will marry you and you will
remain Darlin'mi!
Adorable Betty (Wife)

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by iswallker(m): 6:30am On Feb 24
What was all these for....

She used a tribute to her husband to address issues she has with other people...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by patrickcollins: 6:44am On Feb 24
Malroux:
I can bet that this woman used to beat Aketi when Aketi was alive. The way she controls Aketi said it all.
The same way the woman in Villa is dealing and beating our first class graduate and made him forgot how he built Lagos, he is giving Nigerians Shege
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:47am On Feb 24
TimeManager:
Woman, stop being smart by half. Thank goodness you confessed that he loved you but do you really love him back?, No, you don't. If you did, his life would be more important to you than the greed and allure of power. A man that stood by you when you had cancer, deserved much better than you treated him.

-kiss the truth!

Stood by her against who?
Same thing the Lagos LP man suffered because his mother is Igbo and Mother Igbo, if that one dies and the wife writes hers as we saw, you will still twist it as you did now.

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by patrickcollins: 6:48am On Feb 24
JASONjnr:
Why do men who's wive control them die helplessly?

Yaradua was very soft and was being controlled by his wive.... Kicked bucket....

And here's another example...

I this girl who would tell me that a man must listen to his wive. Omo, she tried to control me. And I never gave her the face to do that. She implore her mother to Influence her decision out of respect I had for her mother. When I couldn't stand the pressure. I called it off to stay sane and alive.
Are you implying that Yaradua's Wife or this very woman caused their sicknesses and death
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Paraman: 6:49am On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
I love that line, she's throwing shade at her husband's successor Ayedatiwa. You are not a real African man if you don't beat your wife and go hard on her all the time. The moment you are loving and caring then get ready to be mocked and call silly names by these set of men
your father must have really beat your mother
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:51am On Feb 24
patrickcollins:
Are you implying that Yaradua's Wife or this very woman caused their sicknesses and death

If you still don't understand how this people think, you will be giving yourself unnecessarily.
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Arabaincubus: 6:59am On Feb 24
EreluRoz:
I love that line, she's throwing shade at her husband's successor Ayedatiwa. You are not a real African man if you don't beat your wife and go hard on her all the time. The moment you are loving and caring then get ready to be mocked and call silly names by these set of men

That is why I celebrate when I see women who can beat men.
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by EreluRoz: 6:59am On Feb 24
Arabaincubus:

That is why I celebrate when I see women who can beat men.
😂
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by sageb: 7:02am On Feb 24
thesicilian:
What kind of eulogy is this one again. Instead of focusing attention on the virtues and qualities of the dead man, she's trying to make it all about herself.

Imagine that
@DissTroy your stance on Betty and Unoma is true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by frankyychiji(f): 7:07am On Feb 24
richiemcgold:
Throwing shade at Lucky Ayedatiwa who was allegedly a wife beater.
Most men from SW beat their wives or should I say couples from that side fight too much.
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by frankyychiji(f): 7:09am On Feb 24
Benwallt:
She should blame her people
Always talking off point. How old are you sef? 🙄
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by frankyychiji(f): 7:11am On Feb 24
JASONjnr:
Why do men who's wive control them die helplessly?

Yaradua was very soft and was being controlled by his wive.... Kicked bucket....

And here's another example...

I this girl who would tell me that a man must listen to his wive. Omo, she tried to control me. And I never gave her the face to do that. She implore her mother to Influence her decision out of respect I had for her mother. When I couldn't stand the pressure. I called it off to stay sane and alive.
I didn't know you were this a confused human Jason.
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by yomi531(m): 7:11am On Feb 24
I love intertribal marriages. I will definitely marry outside my tribe. I have known that from childhood
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by frankyychiji(f): 7:14am On Feb 24
wwwkaycom:
Very useless woman. Is this a tribute, or is she just mocking the dead? AKETI was a great man, but he died this way because he didn't have a home. His wife and son, who should have been beside him in all his travails, were busy chasing shadows, struggling for money in Akure, while the man languished under a life-saving machine in Germany. She was even seriously planning a loud 70th birthday last August before President Tinubu had to advise her to shelve it when she was deaf to voices of reason from all angles. Not even the highly referred Olowo of Owo KIngdom could dissuade the foolish woman to shelve that celebration of frivolity. This is the same woman who went to Imo State to contest for election against the advice of her husband; she started raining curses on Gov. Hope Uzodinma when she lost woefully. Pray never to have a bad wife; it is deadlier than cancer.
Are you a member of their household?
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Benwallt(m): 7:19am On Feb 24
frankyychiji:
Always talking off point. How old are you sef? 🙄

Were You not the one complaining of hunger just now?

Who should she blame for her predicament? She's reaping the seed sown buy her people who disparaged others and expect a clap in return.

Ask google my age. Another way for you to labour in vain

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by SalamRushdie: 7:21am On Feb 24
Malroux:

Sharap
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by Benwallt(m): 7:22am On Feb 24
frankyychiji:
Are you a member of their household?

Hunger just dey drive this one anyhow
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by frankyychiji(f): 7:22am On Feb 24
Benwallt:

We're You not the one complaining of hunger just now?

Who should she blame for her predicament? She's reaping the seed sown buy her people who disparaged others and expect a clap in return.

Ask google my age. Another way for you to labour in vain
More gibberish. 😳😳
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by frankyychiji(f): 7:24am On Feb 24
Benwallt:

Hunger just dey drive this one anyhow
Hahaha 😃

Come to my gate and add your name in the register to get free lunch everyday.

Onishoro 😀
Re: Akeredolu’s Wife, Betty Writes Tribute To Her Late Husband by frankyychiji(f): 7:25am On Feb 24
Malroux:
302 idiots liked your post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ban Ki-moon Teaches Secondary School Students In Garki, Abuja (Photo) / Ugwuanyi Poses With Kelechi Iheanacho And Kingsley Ogbodo (Pic) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Playing Football On The Pitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.