Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria (394 Views)

If She Is Not Worshipping It Like This, She Does Not Like You. / Ondo Women Are One Of Gods Wonderful Creatures - Braless Ondo Lady / Must Read: Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by cutecommend: 10:19pm On Feb 23
You may have heard people say "lets go back to traditional religion or worship", but I will tell you how useless traditional religion is in Nigeria. But before I continue, I believe in Christianity and Jesus Christ..

Uselessness of Traditional Religion.
(1) Going back to the gods of your fathers is the worst thing you can do because those gods are not like the gods of Japan, China etc that may "help" in technology, science etc. The gods of your fathers are gods of poverty, human sacrifice, wickedness, backwardness..

(2) Go and check the life of your fore fathers that served gods. Were they innovative? their gods could not "help" them produce electronic machines, go into scientific advancements etc.

(3) If many Japanese probably say they loves their deity, they may have some good arguments because they have results from advancements.

(4) Between the whites that brought Christianity and teachings of Jesus to Nigeria, and your forefathers, who had advanced life when they first met?

The deities and gods in Nigeria are poverty gods, they may "help" few people, but impoverish many or slow advancement..

Jesus Christ is the way..
Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by Amotolongbo(f): 10:21pm On Feb 23
cutecommend:
You may have heard people say "lets go back to traditional religion or worship", but I will tell you how useless traditional religion is in Nigeria. But before I continue, I believe in Christianity and Jesus Christ..

Uselessness of Traditional Religion.
(1) Going back to the gods of your fathers is the worst thing you can do because those gods are not like the gods of Japan, China etc that may "help" in technology, science etc. The gods of your fathers are gods of poverty, human sacrifice, wickedness, backwardness..

(2) Go and check the life of your fore fathers that served gods. Were they innovative? their gods could not "help" them produce electronic machines, go into scientific advancements etc.

(3) If many Japanese probably say they loves their deity, he may have some good arguments because they have results from advancements.

(4) Between the whites that brought Christianity and teachings of Jesus to Nigeria, and your forefathers, who had advanced life when they first met?

The deities and gods in Nigeria are poverty gods, they may help few people, but impoverishment many or slow advancement..

Jesus Christ is the way..
This could have come out of an ignoramus.

The god of your father is bad, but a strange god with no proven tangible “omini” is good.

Mind you, all innovations and technologies today are not borne out of Christianity but Science. Theism (Christianity) and Science are two parallel lines. Science is heretic to theism and theism is stupidity to science.

Japan, China, Korea are developed because they could maintain their cultural values and gods infusing it with science. Unlike the confused “Abrahamicians” of Africa

Before Christianity came to Africa, there were all forms of indigenous civilisations in different places like Nok, Egypt, Ife, Benin, Ethiopia etc. Tell me one tangible innovation Christianity (not Science) brought out of Africans if not to oppress fellow humans and demonize.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by thesicilian: 10:26pm On Feb 23
Your points do not make sense (to me). Does worshipping traditional deities prevent one from doing science and technology? I think the error in your reasoning comes from you thinking that science and technology is inextricably linked to Christianity

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by cutecommend: 10:30pm On Feb 23
thesicilian:
Your points do not make sense (to me). Does worshipping traditional deities prevent one from doing science and technology? I think the error in your reasoning comes from you thinking that science and technology is inextricably linked to Christianity
Those gods are useless.
Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by thesicilian: 10:34pm On Feb 23
cutecommend:
Those gods are useless.
My point is, people worship God in any way they see fit. The manner in which you chose to worship your God has nothing much to do with the pursuit of knowledge, science and technological advancement
Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by JessicaRabbit(f): 11:11pm On Feb 23
Well, well, well, isn't this a smorgasbord of logical fallacies served on a platter of historical amnesia? Painting entire cultures and their deities with such a broad brush demonstrates a profound ignorance of the rich tapestry of human belief systems throughout history. From the philosophical and scientific advancements of ancient Egypt to the artistic and cultural achievements of the Aztec Empire, attributing societal progress solely to specific religions betrays your staggering naivety on this subject. Furthermore, your assumption that because some societies with traditional religions haven't achieved the same level of technological advancement as the West, their deities must be inherently inferior, is a classic example of the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Factors like geography, resource availability, and historical circumstances play a far greater role in societal development than any specific religious belief system.

Perhaps the most stupid thing about your post is its' appeal to colonial apologia, conveniently ignoring the exploitation, oppression, and cultural destruction often inflicted by colonizers in the name of spreading their faith. The fact that you are all too happy to credit the technological advancements of the West solely to Christianity while ignoring the contributions of countless other cultures throughout history, shows that you are not only wantonly ignorant, but terribly insensitive.

Your "Jesus Christ is the way" rhetoric holds absolutely no weight. It's a subjective belief statement, not an objective truth. Instead of seeking to rank religions based on personal beliefs, don't you think a more constructive approach would be to appreciate the unique contributions each faith makes to the richness and diversity of human spirituality?

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by judatech: 11:12pm On Feb 23
If I may ask, "what has Jesus help you invent ?"
Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by cutecommend: 11:13pm On Feb 23
JessicaRabbit:
Well, well, well, isn't this a smorgasbord of logical fallacies served on a platter of historical amnesia? Painting entire cultures and their deities with such a broad brush demonstrates a profound ignorance of the rich tapestry of human belief systems throughout history. From the philosophical and scientific advancements of ancient Egypt to the artistic and cultural achievements of the Aztec Empire, attributing societal progress solely to specific religions betrays your staggering naivety on this subject. Furthermore, your assumption that because some societies with traditional religions haven't achieved the same level of technological advancement as the West, their deities must be inherently inferior, is a classic example of the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Factors like geography, resource availability, and historical circumstances play a far greater role in societal development than any specific religious belief system.

Perhaps the most stupid thing about your post is its' appeal to colonial apologia, conveniently ignoring the exploitation, oppression, and cultural destruction often inflicted by colonizers in the name of spreading their faith. The fact that you are all too happy to credit the technological advancements of the West solely to Christianity while ignoring the contributions of countless other cultures throughout history, shows that you are not only wantonly ignorant, but terribly insensitive.

Your "Jesus Christ is the way" rhetoric holds absolutely no weight. It's a subjective belief statement, not an objective truth. Instead of seeking to rank religions based on personal beliefs, don't you think a more constructive approach would be to appreciate the unique contributions each faith makes to the richness and diversity of human spirituality?
Jesus Christ is the way. Jesus loves you
Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by JessicaRabbit(f): 11:17pm On Feb 23
cutecommend:
Jesus Christ is the way. Jesus loves you

Love is a beautiful thing, but I prefer to find my path through reason and exploration, not divine intervention. Thanks for the sentiment, all the same.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by Hollasmall: 2:33am On Feb 24
Be like say this one newly born again grin
Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by ezechi24(m): 8:24am On Feb 24
Have you ever sat and asked yourself why the same people who brought Christianity to you Buffon's never burnt any of the African Gods?, instead they took them to their nation and kept them in a very safe place.

Have you also ever asked yourself why civilization started in the west thesame period these Gods and Goddesses were stollen from their rightful place?.....by the way civilization startef in africa, at the time when we were still practicing our own traditional practices.
Re: Dangers Of Worshipping Traditional Deities, Idols And Gods In Nigeria by cybernaut(m): 10:02am On Feb 24
Mind you born twice in christdom . Civilization started in Africa and Africa was the first continent to rule European the west .

Only a fool worship foreign ancestors and ignore the ancestors of their forefathers.

Christianity is a business and homosexual empires like Catholic and you never ask yourself why their priest refuse to marry and have offspring.

Look around all the other priest of different religions,all of them have wives

(1) (Reply)

She Seeks Advice. / Where Can I Buy Weed In Minna Niger State / How Do You Cope With Ungrateful Ladies Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.