Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,925 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning (15828 Views)

The Ikeja Train Station Of The Red Line Rail Project Completed / The Lagos Red Line Train Is Set For Completion - Seyi Law / Lagos Red Rail Project: Pictures Of The Different Railway Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by Jagabanarmy: 1:40pm On Feb 25
Lisa290:

Always commenting like a fool
A big fuul
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by Exousiang01: 1:43pm On Feb 25
frog12:
All kwe kwe substandard. You think oyinbo go give you good things like dat ?

Slave mentality.
Thank God many Nigerians are starting to think in a different Direction.
You hate yourself so much that you feel you don't deserve anything good, unfortunately you think that is a general opinion.

The cars that re driven in Nigeria are the Oyibos producing a special substandard car for us.
The plans that have been flying in our airspace did the white man create a substandard model for Africans?
I hate your kind of people, you are a threat to development, very negative mindset.
You bette4 change your mindset if you wanna go far in Life...
I know you will come back and insult me but I dont expect less from your type

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by erospecial: 2:02pm On Feb 25
South South has no governors with vision but militants in govt like Wike, Oshiomhole and all their prodigies!
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by frog12: 2:17pm On Feb 25
We are too corrupt. You complain too much
Exousiang01:

Slave mentality.
Thank God many Nigerians are starting to think in a different Direction.
You hate yourself so much that you feel you don't deserve anything good, unfortunately you think that is a general opinion.

The cars that re driven in Nigeria are the Oyibos producing a special substandard car for us.
The plans that have been flying in our airspace did the white man create a substandard model for Africans?
I hate your kind of people, you are a threat to development, very negative mindset.
You bette4 change your mindset if you wanna go far in Life...
I know you will come back and insult me but I dont expect less from your type
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by olamkas: 3:13pm On Feb 25
Sirmwill:
Omo

Everyone is wearing sneakers

Wellllll

He is doing what he can do shaaa

But
He is not touching the right places IMHO
There are so many places in Lagos that are best known as "Trenches"
He has ignored all those places for years.
Instead he focused his attention on the places where the rich commonly live.
The best Governor of Lagos State would be the Governor who brings major developments to the "Trenches"

Though, Mr Sanwo Olu is doing the best he is capable of doing 😇✨
Bros, you said it all.
The challenge being faced by people in the well populated residential areas is enormous especially places in Ikorodu. For instance, just one and and day extra day rain in gberigbe put vehicles out of the road due to the very bad state of the road. They started the project well before election but while election started getting close, the work slowed down and later stopped in the wake of electioneering. We were expecting the work continues in full after election but alas! we're still expecting.
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by pacificom: 3:25pm On Feb 25
Hope they won’t later sell the project to some private individuals to be running it recklessly like the BRT.
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by Kay25(m): 3:42pm On Feb 25
Jogs1900:
Should we say they are using this project to teach those that didn't vote for APC a lesson?
Yes
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by Basic123: 7:39pm On Feb 25
slimfit1:
I have huge respect for Sanwo-Olu for making efforts to complete 2 lines that fat one didn't even touch before he got kicked out.
I tell you

Honestly,I dont like Ambode for this...we should be talking about green line now
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by Basic123: 7:43pm On Feb 25
richeeyo:

You wrong bro
Have you seen Agege
Have you seen Ile epo
Extremely massive project
You dey mind the fools

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by Care4: 8:19pm On Feb 25
Good development that this projects finally came onboard and ready for use.
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by Paentera(m): 6:08am On Feb 26
frog12:
All kwe kwe substandard. You think oyinbo go give you good things like dat ?

Stay away when serious issues are being discussed as you cannot grasp the substance of the long term developmental plan I shared earlier.
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by ObidenceNeckpre: 7:54am On Feb 26
May Thunder fire any Obidient mob/Igbos/IPOB that enter that train and those presently enjoying the Lagos Yoruba land BRT Buses and the blue train. may sorrow full una family
wwwihy:
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by dealslip(f): 9:14am On Feb 26
Phonon:
The first part of my statement said, "Very commendable", which implies praise for the initiative.

The second part of the statement expressed concern about maintenance of said infrastructure behind the initiative given our track record. Nigerians are naturally skeptics but skepticism doesn't mean wishing for something to fail.

"Check back in 12 months..." is saying one is hoping for the best but we should wait for 12 months to see if things are still in place.

Hope the breakdown helps.

Check back in 12 months and see if things are not falling apart
Those are words of certainty. It can't be negative all the time. Praise the effort and move on. I know you are speaking from a place of trauma. Everyone has been traumatized in Nigeria but we can only be hopeful
Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by engrjacuzzi: 10:22am On Feb 26
It's unfortunate that Nigeria still relies on diesel trains, whereas Germany phased them out as early as 1948, over seven decades ago. Considering the current price of diesel, let's analyze: with a minimum of 5,000 litres in the locomotive tank at ₦1,500 per litre, it amounts to ₦7,500,000. If each passenger coach can accommodate 90 people, and there are 10 coaches, that totals 900 passengers. Assuming an average fare of ₦3,500 per passenger, the revenue is ₦3,150,000. Clearly, in the long term, the government operates at a loss. Transitioning to electric or compressed gas trains would be a more sustainable solution.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Red Line Rail Trains Tested Ahead Of Commissioning by Phonon: 5:26pm On Feb 26
I agree with you. We can only be hopeful so I'll try to be optimistic. smiley

dealslip:

Check back in 12 months and see if things are not falling apart
Those are words of certainty. It can't be negative all the time. Praise the effort and move on. I know you are speaking from a place of trauma. Everyone has been traumatized in Nigeria but we can only be hopeful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Kenya By Road How Possible ? / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Forget Before Traveling / Living In Taiwan And Also Thinking Asia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.