Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,591 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. (32814 Views)

Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / Adeyemi Oyetade Facilitating Deportation Of Nigerians From Norway / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Exceed15: 3:38pm On Feb 26
Thanks for sharing.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by allthingsgood: 3:38pm On Feb 26
Kingpele:
Japa if u can

mtscheeew
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Sultty(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26
Jennyclay:
Biko, come and carry me with you!

I’m tired of Nigeria undecided
b***t please

5 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by olax02(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26
YOUNGELDER1:
Pictures please
Pictures please, or we send you back to Norway. grin
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Ekaka14: 3:39pm On Feb 26
pol23:
1.Things are extra expensive, don’t be fooled that your USD is a big deal… price of commodities will shock you…. I had to google their average salary-$5500 monthly.

2.everyone understands and can speak fluent English , but they choose to speak their Norwegian language.

3. Norwegian currency and Swedish KR are kind of the official currency, as I can see some store prices in KR and some in NOK.

4. Food selection is the worst I ever come across in my little traveling experience, it’s so worst I didn’t taste rice for whole trip, because I didn’t see a single restaurant that have rice on their Menu.. RICE

They have different type of snacks to what everyone else have… I really suffer oo.

5.They’re so extra polite and very friendly, everyone I ask for direction took their time to direct me, some will even walk you to a certain distance just to make sure you’re clear.

6. It’s very clean, the city, subway, buses.

7.They dress modest, all those pop culture no really reach here, everyone dress responsible.

8.There’re very few smokers, considering that it’s winter and I can say I didn’t see up to 15 smokers during my stay… And no one was vaping.

I kind of love the calmness of the city…
Will I go back to Norway - No.
Will I advise you to go - No.

But if you want to go,please carry plenty money for pocket and don’t stay in Hotel.. stay in Airbnb, so you can cook your own food.
Even KFC was banned here because of the kind of chicken they use, when you taste Norwegian juice, you can tell it’s juice from fruit and not the sugar we’re used to over here… They take quality of life very seriously I guess.
You made me waste my time to read twice just to confirm you didn't mention a single city in Norway...so where for Norway exactly you visit? grin

3 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Quebec91(m): 3:40pm On Feb 26
cheesy
Kosoco:
After explaining the fruit juice part you are now advising us not to go. It's not fair ooo
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by studycenter: 3:40pm On Feb 26
Nice sharing
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by ideatoprince18(m): 3:40pm On Feb 26
Jennyclay:

hh

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by We4all: 3:41pm On Feb 26
Even the pictures look depressing.

7 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:42pm On Feb 26
Nice one
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Zooposki(f): 3:42pm On Feb 26
How I wish a natural disaster can kill the majority of Nigerian men. Very criminal in nature, that's why the country can not be like Norway. All they do is lie, steal and destroy. On the other hand, politicians are busy looting all monies to spend in hell when they die.

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 3:43pm On Feb 26
Japa if you can.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by NGArmyTerrorist: 3:43pm On Feb 26
Jennyclay:

You can is insultive, thought you're prone to Hunger.. Feminist! You go confess your sins soon.

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Parydelegate: 3:44pm On Feb 26
I hope to visit Norway this year during summer holidays.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by AngelicBeing: 3:45pm On Feb 26
smiley
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Fearurcreeator: 3:45pm On Feb 26
Jennyclay:

You no get money ni?

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Zooposki(f): 3:45pm On Feb 26
DeAnonymousGuy:
Japa if you can.

Fvcking bastard. Go and develop your country. You want to go and pollute other countries.

5 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by viodemus: 3:46pm On Feb 26
Norway is not Nigeria's mate.
Many countries are more organized, humane, and just environmentally better than Nigeria. Things just work there

Nigeria got talents in many fields, but that's it.

It is a shame for real that Nigeria is a natural failure from birth. Very useless. Nigeria is like person wey everybody dey get high hope for, because the papa rich and it got the size, but now, with time, everybody dun dey see say Nigeria might end up being a lifetime mum*u, that likes being a mum*u.

5 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Negroid001(m): 3:46pm On Feb 26
Heard our stockfish is imported from Norway.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Badgers14: 3:47pm On Feb 26
allthingsgood:
Chai thanks for this advise
Norway is certainly not a holiday destination for me
But great for working and schooling. That way u earn in their currency and dont suffer too much

To me the best country to live is South Africa. In terms of weather, money (not too expensive) and facilities

Crimes?
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Fearurcreeator: 3:48pm On Feb 26
Ndanusa100:
Hmmmm.so overseas is not all greeny? Help me guys,my child is at the point of death...0218876..562 Gtb
I think say una be billionaires...

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Burruchaga71(m): 3:49pm On Feb 26
Kosoco:
After explaining the fruit juice part you are now advising us not to go. It's not fair ooo
Hahahahahahahaha, don't mind him.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by topefelix799(m): 3:49pm On Feb 26
It's easy when you take the study route

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by DeepSight(m): 3:54pm On Feb 26
Ojemedad:

I haven’t been to Norway but I can tell all you are saying is 100% correct because I’ve had a close friend who’s a Norwegian for the past 6 years.
1. Yes Norway is very expensive, you get to realise things are way cheaper in Nigeria. They pay lots of tax this in turn gives them free education up to university level and free medical checks
2. I love the language, I can understand little. Jeg kan forsta 😀, Norwegian and Swedish are similar in language
3. No idea about that
4. Yes they love snacks, they have soup also that they normally take with bread.
5. One of the most honest and sincere people you will ever meet are the Norwegians. They have one of the lowest crime rate in that work that their police doesn’t even go out with guns, their prisons and so few, foreigners make up 80% of the prison
6. Very clean city
7. Western culture never pollute their ways of life, young girls dress modestly and are loyal
8. The reason there are few smokers in Norway compared to other European countries is that there is high tax on cigarette and alcohol, it makes it very very expensive. Those that live in the border towns with Sweden have to buy cheaper there
If you are used to the busy and bubbling life of Nigeria you will get depressed in Norway, everyone there live a reserved live

Scandinavians generally. Clean, honest, polite, civil, responsible.

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Artorius(m): 3:57pm On Feb 26
We4all:
Even the pictures look depressing.

I lived in Europe for years and I don't miss much, especially not the winter!
But those few summer months are kinda worth it.

But, las las, it is depressing cry

8 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Skillsnigeria: 3:57pm On Feb 26
Noted
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Nkl4u: 3:59pm On Feb 26
allthingsgood:
But great for working and schooling. That way u earn in their currency and dont suffer too much

To me the best country to live is South Africa. In terms of weather, money (not too expensive) and facilities
South Africa is very expensive

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by CluelessMODS: 4:02pm On Feb 26
peleson1:

Only the fruit juice and quality of life is ok to make us go and stay faa
Na so dog wey go lost dey start.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by CluelessMODS: 4:03pm On Feb 26
wiseone28:
I hope i will also give advice too on obodo oyibo one day
Will that be your achievement?
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by uniquetechng: 4:09pm On Feb 26
allthingsgood:

Then there is xenophobia

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Living In France / An Okada Man Died In Osogbo This Morning(see Photos &video) / Motor Accident On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.