Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,797 members, 7,813,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. (32815 Views)

Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / Adeyemi Oyetade Facilitating Deportation Of Nigerians From Norway / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Oghene86: 5:38pm On Feb 26
pol23:
1.Things are extra expensive, don’t be fooled that your USD is a big deal… price of commodities will shock you…. I had to google their average salary-$5500 monthly.

2.everyone understands and can speak fluent English , but they choose to speak their Norwegian language.

3. Norwegian currency and Swedish KR are kind of the official currency, as I can see some store prices in KR and some in NOK.

4. Food selection is the worst I ever come across in my little traveling experience, it’s so worst I didn’t taste rice for whole trip, because I didn’t see a single restaurant that have rice on their Menu.. RICE

They have different type of snacks to what everyone else have… I really suffer oo.

5.They’re so extra polite and very friendly, everyone I ask for direction took their time to direct me, some will even walk you to a certain distance just to make sure you’re clear.

6. It’s very clean, the city, subway, buses.

7.They dress modest, all those pop culture no really reach here, everyone dress responsible.

8.There’re very few smokers, considering that it’s winter and I can say I didn’t see up to 15 smokers during my stay… And no one was vaping.

I kind of love the calmness of the city…
Will I go back to Norway - No.
Will I advise you to go - No.

But if you want to go,please carry plenty money for pocket and don’t stay in Hotel.. stay in Airbnb, so you can cook your own food.
Even KFC was banned here because of the kind of chicken they use, when you taste Norwegian juice, you can tell it’s juice from fruit and not the sugar we’re used to over here… They take quality of life very seriously I guess.

Very educative nice one, will visit soon, but I will carry my rice and garlic 😀😀
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by allthingsgood: 5:39pm On Feb 26
uniquetechng:
Then there is xenophobia

Theres racism and hate everywhere
Even in Nigeria that we are all black, we still have tribalism
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Dougad: 5:50pm On Feb 26
pol23:

As requested.

I hear there's a part of Norway where there's barely any sun during winter. It's evening/nighttime 24/7 for like 3 months.

Is that true and did you check it out?
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Dougad: 5:51pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:
How I wish a natural disaster can kill the majority of Nigerian men. Very criminal in nature, that's why the country can not be like Norway. All they do is lie, steal and destroy.

Politicians are busy looting all monies to spend in hell when they die.

😂😂😂😂😂🤣

This writeup almost killed me cos laugh
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Ekaka14: 5:53pm On Feb 26
NaijaNaWaa:

Were you in Oslo or any of the big cities?

Next time, just google “Chinese or Indian restaurant near me”.

Nigeria is the cheapest country on earth; even though life is near hellish over here.
You don go there ....I doubt OP was in any of the cities...Chinese and Indian restaurants are common sights you can go out to eat or order by Uber eats .
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Ekaka14: 5:55pm On Feb 26
MeaslesMumpsRub:
I have a friend in Bergen, Norway. She is 64 and in love with me. I like her too. She is my Valkrija. She shall accompany me through the gates of Valhalla after I die in the battle field of life.
Too much Vikings series dey worry you....I bing watch them soteeyyy....my wife just tire for me... grin

6 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by MrCuteking(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:
How I wish a natural disaster can kill the majority of Nigerian men. Very criminal in nature, that's why the country can not be like Norway. All they do is lie, steal and destroy. On the other hand, politicians are busy looting all monies to spend in hell when they die.

cheesy cheesy
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Neoteny(m): 5:59pm On Feb 26
Any so-called travel advisory that doesn't inform its readers about accessibility to local pussy is a waste of time.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by ZUBY77(m): 6:00pm On Feb 26
I was there in Oslo from Stockholm in November last year. The cold was already coming, so I cut my stay to 2 days and ran down to Copenhagen.

OP is right about the cost of living over there plus you can't even find what to eat. Although I did apartment from Airbnb and cooked my own food. Oslo is very organized.

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Dybala11(m): 6:03pm On Feb 26
Jennyclay:
Biko, come and carry me with you!

I’m tired of Nigeria undecided
So you're poor yet you love using poverty to troll others. Pot calling kettle black. 😂😂

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by RaptorX: 6:06pm On Feb 26
pol23:
1.Things are extra expensive, don’t be fooled that your USD is a big deal… price of commodities will shock you…. I had to google their average salary-$5500 monthly.

2.everyone understands and can speak fluent English , but they choose to speak their Norwegian language.

3. Norwegian currency and Swedish KR are kind of the official currency, as I can see some store prices in KR and some in NOK.

4. Food selection is the worst I ever come across in my little traveling experience, it’s so worst I didn’t taste rice for whole trip, because I didn’t see a single restaurant that have rice on their Menu.. RICE

They have different type of snacks to what everyone else have… I really suffer oo.

5.They’re so extra polite and very friendly, everyone I ask for direction took their time to direct me, some will even walk you to a certain distance just to make sure you’re clear.

7.They dress modest, all those pop culture no really reach here, everyone dress responsible.

8.There’re very few smokers, considering that it’s winter and I can say I didn’t see up to 15 smokers during my stay… And no one was vaping.

But if you want to go,please carry plenty money for pocket and don’t stay in Hotel.. stay in Airbnb, so you can cook your own food.
Even KFC was banned here because of the kind of chicken they use, when you taste Norwegian juice, you can tell it’s juice from fruit and not the sugar we’re used to over here… They take quality of life very seriously I guess.
What is the major reason you will not advise this japa obsessed Nigerians to go to Norway.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by fkj950ax(m): 6:09pm On Feb 26
pol23:

Why should they speak English. They are not confused and immature like people who think speaking English instead of their own language is the best thing they can achieve?

Same way your food selection is the worst for them. Must the whole world eat rice? They have existed for thousands of years and didn’t die for not eating rice. Because your food or taste palette is used to rice, don’t judge others to like what you are used to.

snacks in societies is made from what they have in their society. Cultures and people are different.

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Ekaka14: 6:11pm On Feb 26
elevated2:
Did a short trip (road) for a two day job in Kristiansand (southern Norway) from Kristianstad! southern Sweden) in 2007. I will always from remember that experience. I fell in love with the country. The people held the Norwegian flag and were really proud of their country. I would visit again some day to see more places like the fjord etc. What a beautiful country!
Yeah Kristianstad is cool...more quiet than Oslo.
If you had continued on a road trip to Arindale from there you will marvel at the beautiful mountains and how they have fearlessly like the vikings they are carved out roads and beautiful buildings on lush mountain tops ....
Thy chop roads through very difficult terrains to connect cities or build whatever they want...
A very hardworking race and Fearless too cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by RandomForest: 6:24pm On Feb 26
occfx:

I was there for 10 days as well, hope not the same company we worked for...

They booked hotel for us and after 2 nights we discovered we have been spending 25k per night in that average room as far back 2007 when the same room here is about 2k or 3k. The taxi is standard, sometimes Benz and good cars. 7 krones is about N7k then and common hand gloves is about 11 krones.

I actually ate rice but most of there menu is bullshit and tasteless flowers and salad. The only food I ate well is rice and chicken. Norway is so cold and could go upto - 23 deg. They are nice people and the subway works fine. Look at Erling Halland well, that's how most of them look like. They are yellowish albinos.

There are no bandits or kidnappers, you could walk all night if you are cold proof. They don't know what is stock fish, I ask and asked, they don't know but it could have another name.

They don't use Euros in their country because, according to them, the Euro is heavily manipulated therefore, you have to change your euro at the air port.

So many good experiences sha but no big nyashhh or good meals.. Nigeria sweet pass am if not for the idiots at the top.

Stock fish is called Cod fish in Norway. It's mainly exported from a city called Lofoten

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by NaijaNaWaa: 6:26pm On Feb 26
Ekaka14:

You don go there ....I doubt OP was in any of the cities...Chinese and Indian restaurants are common sights you can go out to eat or order by Uber eats .

E be like say OP na low budget traveler.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by dimexy247(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26
But men are scums and you are a feminist, yet you want to cling with a man to japa. Confused little girl. Can’t you afford your own travels?

Jennyclay:

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by BBIA: 6:39pm On Feb 26
Jennyclay:

Italy has always been calling you, na you never go
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by odimbannamdi(m): 6:42pm On Feb 26
pol23:

I sincerely don’t know how the PM works on here.
You can ask your message here and I will answer you with the best of my knowledge.
I don’t think there’s a big deal about the visa process.
Buy travel insurance.
Book hotel.
Book airline.
Have like maybe $3000 in your account.
3 month statement.
Lobatan.
There’s basically no biggie.

Bookmarked. Added to my to-visit list
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by odimbannamdi(m): 6:42pm On Feb 26
pol23:

I sincerely don’t know how the PM works on here.
You can ask your message here and I will answer you with the best of my knowledge.
I don’t think there’s a big deal about the visa process.
Buy travel insurance.
Book hotel.
Book airline.
Have like maybe $3000 in your account.
3 month statement.
Lobatan.
There’s basically no biggie.

Any idea what the cost of flight was when you travelled?
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Dancebreaker: 6:45pm On Feb 26
EreluRoz:
Is it not the same Norway oga panso always speak nicely about?
Norway is a very sane place. Nor be gra gra place.

If you want a calm and high quality life, places like Norway, Finland and Denmark are you sure plugs. Though cold and expensive.

But even sane countries have some very insane people like that Nazi Breivik guy that murdered innocent youths in cold blood.

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by odimbannamdi(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26
Nkl4u:

South Africa is very expensive

"Expensive" is very subjective. I found Kenya very affordable. Infact, on a 1week vacation with lao-lao spending and shopping, I didn't spend more than $700 in KSH. But when I reach Rwanda, fear catch me! I thought the world was about to end. Extremely expensive! I couldn't wait for the 1week to end...lol
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by kay29000(m): 6:51pm On Feb 26
We4all:
Even the pictures look depressing.

Lol...very neat and organized, but yeah it will definitely be depressing for an average Nigerian. grin
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:

Fvcking bastard. Go and develop your country. You want to go and pollute other countries.
Relax bro. You'll be fine
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by jojothaiv(m): 7:20pm On Feb 26
incogni2o:
Thanks for the summary.

at least, we sef dey use your notes travel in our fantasies, make I use small youtube video join am.

ticking Norway from my bucket list
I don tick am off too.

Add Google map to that equation, E get where I don reach wey Ajala no go ever reason am.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Mirasteel: 7:24pm On Feb 26
Enjoy yourself.

My dream is to travel to Luxembourg, Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by adecz: 7:30pm On Feb 26
Kosoco:
After explaining the fruit juice part you are now advising us not to go. It's not fair ooo

You have the real fruits in abundance
in Nigeria, so, why do you want to go to
Norway to drink the so-called correct fruit
juice?

Many regular fruits, especially citruses
may no grow there because of the cold,
low temperature and not enough sunlight
to sustain them.

Here in Nigeria, fresh fruit full everywhere,
all season🍊🍉🍍🍇🥑🍓🍈, but due to colonial hangover, and senselessness, na the packaged artificialjuices with color and artificial fruit flavor we prefer to show that we get money❗️❗️😐😐

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by pansophist(m): 7:38pm On Feb 26
EreluRoz:
Is it not the same Norway oga panso always speak nicely about?

Norway built its society for Norwegians, not for Nigerians. For Norwegians, Norway is the nicest place on earth, and I agree with them.

Instead of to ask me for sure link to enter Norway, you come de speak in tongues grin

5 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Ojemedad: 7:44pm On Feb 26
People don’t know how cheap it is to live in Nigeria, how easy to build or start up businesses without monitoring or taxes, no regulations, I repeat Nigeria is the cheapest country to live in the world. Don’t argue with me if you haven’t been outside Nigeria.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by EreluRoz: 8:18pm On Feb 26
pansophist:

Norway built its society for Norwegians, not for Nigerians. For Norwegians, Norway is the nicest place on earth, and I agree with them.

Instead of to ask me for sure link to enter Norway, you come de speak in tongues grin
Good for them.

I don't like abroad and don't want to relocate.

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by JetApartment: 8:37pm On Feb 26
pol23:

You wont advice us to go to a place that take quality of life very seriously but would rather we remain in the zoo, shey you dey ment? Oga, keep your advice to yourself.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Ashley86400: 8:41pm On Feb 26
pol23:

The women are beautiful, but I obviously can’t take a picture of a stranger.
And even if I do, I’m sure you won’t find them attracting as they’re not half naked.They’re mostly fully dressed down … you can’t see any figure or bosom… I assume they’re reserved..
They drive Tesla and other nice cars, used nice perfumes but I didn’t see above any lady’s knee or below their neck.

Maybe you didn't stay long enough to notice their drinking habits. Despite the high tax on cigarettes and alcohol, Norwegians drink a lot, especially the youth. Also the modest dressing is because of the weather.
Wether in Scandinavian countries go humble you.

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Richynoni: 8:55pm On Feb 26
Please, I need help on how to get Czech republic long term visa appointment date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Okada Man Died In Osogbo This Morning(see Photos &video) / Motor Accident On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) / "The Glory Land Castle” In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.