Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. (32808 Views)

Norway: The Most Beautiful Country On Earth? The Amazing Landscape (Photos) / Adeyemi Oyetade Facilitating Deportation Of Nigerians From Norway / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by enemyofprogress: 4:10pm On Feb 26
OP you didn't sey anything about hotels and oloshos. Don't they have oloshos there for visitors?

Until you're legally married to a man, don't live with him. Visit and go back home so that others can also visit..
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by kkokoma: 4:11pm On Feb 26
I agree with most of your take here, but smoking? They do smoke a LOT. I went to school in Norway and they converted me to smoking, took the grace of God for me to stop.

pol23:
1.Things are extra expensive, don’t be fooled that your USD is a big deal… price of commodities will shock you…. I had to google their average salary-$5500 monthly.

2.everyone understands and can speak fluent English , but they choose to speak their Norwegian language.

3. Norwegian currency and Swedish KR are kind of the official currency, as I can see some store prices in KR and some in NOK.

4. Food selection is the worst I ever come across in my little traveling experience, it’s so worst I didn’t taste rice for whole trip, because I didn’t see a single restaurant that have rice on their Menu.. RICE

They have different type of snacks to what everyone else have… I really suffer oo.

5.They’re so extra polite and very friendly, everyone I ask for direction took their time to direct me, some will even walk you to a certain distance just to make sure you’re clear.

6. It’s very clean, the city, subway, buses.

7.They dress modest, all those pop culture no really reach here, everyone dress responsible.

8.There’re very few smokers, considering that it’s winter and I can say I didn’t see up to 15 smokers during my stay… And no one was vaping.

I kind of love the calmness of the city…
Will I go back to Norway - No.
Will I advise you to go - No.

But if you want to go,please carry plenty money for pocket and don’t stay in Hotel.. stay in Airbnb, so you can cook your own food.
Even KFC was banned here because of the kind of chicken they use, when you taste Norwegian juice, you can tell it’s juice from fruit and not the sugar we’re used to over here… They take quality of life very seriously I guess.

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by MeaslesMumpsRub: 4:14pm On Feb 26
I have a friend in Bergen, Norway. She is 64 and in love with me. I like her too. She is my Valkrija. She shall accompany me through the gates of Valhalla after I die in the battle field of life.

4 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Observer25: 4:15pm On Feb 26
pol23:

The women are beautiful, but I obviously can’t take a picture of a stranger.
And even if I do, I’m sure you won’t find them attracting as they’re not half naked.They’re mostly fully dressed down … you can’t see any figure or bosom… I assume they’re reserved..
They drive Tesla and other nice cars, used nice perfumes but I didn’t see above any lady’s knee or below their neck.

Full dress down is expected during winter or? Nothing unique about their ladies fully covered during winter season.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by NAC1666: 4:19pm On Feb 26
pol23:
1.Things are extra expensive, don’t be fooled that your USD is a big deal… price of commodities will shock you…. I had to google their average salary-$5500 monthly.

2.everyone understands and can speak fluent English , but they choose to speak their Norwegian language.

3. Norwegian currency and Swedish KR are kind of the official currency, as I can see some store prices in KR and some in NOK.

4. Food selection is the worst I ever come across in my little traveling experience, it’s so worst I didn’t taste rice for whole trip, because I didn’t see a single restaurant that have rice on their Menu.. RICE

They have different type of snacks to what everyone else have… I really suffer oo.

5.They’re so extra polite and very friendly, everyone I ask for direction took their time to direct me, some will even walk you to a certain distance just to make sure you’re clear.

7.They dress modest, all those pop culture no really reach here, everyone dress responsible.

8.There’re very few smokers, considering that it’s winter and I can say I didn’t see up to 15 smokers during my stay… And no one was vaping.

But if you want to go,please carry plenty money for pocket and don’t stay in Hotel.. stay in Airbnb, so you can cook your own food.
Even KFC was banned here because of the kind of chicken they use, when you taste Norwegian juice, you can tell it’s juice from fruit and not the sugar we’re used to over here… They take quality of life very seriously I guess.
The buccaniars
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by occfx: 4:21pm On Feb 26
pol23:

I was there for 10 days as well, hope not the same company we worked for...

They booked hotel for us and after 2 nights we discovered we have been spending 25k per night in that average room as far back 2007 when the same room here is about 2k or 3k. The taxi is standard, sometimes Benz and good cars. 7 krones is about N7k then and common hand gloves is about 11 krones.

I actually ate rice but most of there menu is bullshit and tasteless flowers and salad. The only food I ate well is rice and chicken. Norway is so cold and could go upto - 23 deg. They are nice people and the subway works fine. Look at Erling Halland well, that's how most of them look like. They are yellowish albinos.

There are no bandits or kidnappers, you could walk all night if you are cold proof. They don't know what is stock fish, I ask and asked, they don't know but it could have another name.

They don't use Euros in their country because, according to them, the Euro is heavily manipulated therefore, you have to change your euro at the air port.

So many good experiences sha but no big nyashhh or good meals.. Nigeria sweet pass am if not for the idiots at the top.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by prizeless(m): 4:31pm On Feb 26
MMempire:
Norway, here we (japa candidates) come.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by t2luv1: 4:37pm On Feb 26
pol23:

NO RICE !!! If I can't have the following food items I ain't going

1. Barbecue Ribs Tips
2. Baked Potatoes
3. Corn Muffin
3. Philly cheese steaks
5. T-Bone Steak

Doggoneit those skinny Europeans can keep their healthy food to themselves.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by NaijaCover(m): 4:41pm On Feb 26
pol23:

Like How much is good for a start?
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Nigeriadondie: 4:44pm On Feb 26
pol23:

The women are beautiful, but I obviously can’t take a picture of a stranger.
And even if I do, I’m sure you won’t find them attracting as they’re not half naked.They’re mostly fully dressed down … you can’t see any figure or bosom… I assume they’re reserved..
They drive Tesla and other nice cars, used nice perfumes but I didn’t see above any lady’s knee or below their neck.
Come during summer, the case would be different. I go see nipples, booby u go tire

4 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by elevated2: 4:44pm On Feb 26
Did a short trip (road) for a two day job in Kristiansand (southern Norway) from Kristianstad! southern Sweden) in 2007. I will always from remember that experience. I fell in love with the country. The people held the Norwegian flag and were really proud of their country. I would visit again some day to see more places like the fjord etc. What a beautiful country!

3 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by NaijaNaWaa: 4:47pm On Feb 26
pol23:

Were you in Oslo or any of the big cities?

Next time, just google “Chinese or Indian restaurant near me”.

Nigeria is the cheapest country on earth; even though life is near hellish over here.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by emperor4love(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26
Zooposki:
How I wish a natural disaster can kill the majority of Nigerian men. Very criminal in nature, that's why the country can not be like Norway. All they do is lie, steal and destroy.

Politicians are busy looting all monies to spend in hell when they die.
e go start from ur papa,werey

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by TemmyT002(m): 4:54pm On Feb 26
After seeing the pictures, I wish to go o

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Nigeriadondie: 4:58pm On Feb 26
occfx:

I was there for 10 days as well, hope not the same company we worked for...

They booked hotel for us and after 2 nights we discovered we have been spending 25k per night in that average room as far back 2007 when the same room here is about 2k or 3k. The taxi is standard, sometimes Benz and good cars. 7 krones is about N7k then and common hand gloves is about 11 krones.

I actually ate rice but most of there menu is bullshit and tasteless flowers and salad. The only food I ate well is rice and chicken. Norway is so cold and could go upto - 23 deg. They are nice people and the subway works fine. Look at Erling Halland well, that's how most of them look like. They are yellowish albinos.

There are no bandits or kidnappers, you could walk all night if you are cold proof. They don't know what is stock fish, I ask and asked, they don't know but it could have another name.

They don't use Euros in their country because, according to them, the Euro is heavily manipulated therefore, you have to change your euro at the air port.

So many good experiences sha but no big nyashhh or good meals.. Nigeria sweet pass am if not for the idiots at the top.

Stock fish is called cod fish in English or torsk in Norwegian and it is usually fresh. That’s what I bought

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Nigeriadondie: 4:59pm On Feb 26
Observer25:

Full dress down is expected during winter or? Nothing unique about their ladies fully covered during winter season.
Come during summer na. U go see nyash and breast

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by occfx: 5:00pm On Feb 26
Nigeriadondie:

Stock fish is called cod fish in English or torsk in Norwegian and it is usually fresh. That’s what I bought

Wow, We wanted to pack it and go because we heard they have enough. However, buying it fresh won't still work

2 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by netmillionaires(m): 5:03pm On Feb 26
Nigeria is not actually cheap. If you want to know how cheap a country is, you need to convert what percentage or fraction of their income is spent on things.. You can't decide by converting the cost to naira.

I would prefer a country where the price of a 50kg bag of rice is #250k when converted to naira if that money is only 5% of my total salary to Nigeria where a bag of rice is cheaper at #65k but represents 50% of ones salary.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Nigeriadondie: 5:04pm On Feb 26
We4all:
Even the pictures look depressing.
It is a country to live in

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by OBTOREPA(m): 5:06pm On Feb 26
Jennyclay:
Biko, come and carry me with you!

I’m tired of Nigeria undecided
Will you be loyal?
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Fujiyama: 5:08pm On Feb 26
occfx:
I actually ate rice but most of there menu is bullshit and tasteless flowers and salad. The only food I ate well is rice and chicken.

^^^
grin

occfx:
Look at Erling Halland well, that's how most of them look like. They are yellowish albinos.

^^^
grin grin

occfx:

^^^
grin grin grin

occfx:
There are no bandits or kidnappers, you could walk all night if you are cold proof.

^^^
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Limassol(m): 5:11pm On Feb 26
Norway is a fantastic country which I often deem one of the best, if not the best country on earth.

However, speaking of high cost of living, did you stop to wonder why Norwegians themselves ain't bothered about that despite it being an issue to you?

Think about that.

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Golan007: 5:16pm On Feb 26
laivwire:

Just to add. You can find rice (called Riz) when you go to particular areas....and yes, they do smoke a lot. Conversely, they use a lot of tobacco bags put under the upper lip. It's called Snus.

Let me add some pictures as well wink

Ha det

You sabi.
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by youngdabold19: 5:17pm On Feb 26
We are having a culture around the world program next week Friday at school and I'm the coordinator for Norway.

All these things you said are correct plus their foods are kind of weird. I'm glad you emphasized on rice.

They are not big on it.

1 Like

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by Fujiyama: 5:20pm On Feb 26
elevated2:
Did a short trip (road) for a two day job in Kristiansand (southern Norway) from Kristianstad! southern Sweden) in 2007. I will always from remember that experience. I fell in love with the country. The people held the Norwegian flag and were really proud of their country. I would visit again some day to see more places like the fjord etc. What a beautiful country!

^^^
They made a lot of money (a lot!) from oil some decades ago but unlike one country like that, they did NOT waste it. That money (now in giant sized sovereign wealth funds) has already set the solid groundwork for the life chances of Norwegian children whose own parents have not yet been born.

Even the UK is envious of how Norway handled its oil boom - compared to the UK's own poor choices. Sensible, prudent, forward thinking. Just visionary Nordic decision making - all round. I look at one country like that and think of what might have been if things were done differently in that place - when it had the chance...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 26
Nigerians are funny with this assertion that Nigeria is the cheapest country to live in,,,, pls those earning 30k as basic salary can't afford to buy a bag of rice,can't afford to live in a good apartment,,, but naija is too expensive to live in

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 26
pol23:

the only official currency in Norway is the NORWEGIAN KRONE/KRONER.
KR means Krone/Kroner, NOK means Norwegian Krone and in shops they can say both.... Swedish Krona is SEK. so when you see KR it doesnt mean Swedish Krona, it just means "Krone" (and that means Norwegian Krone). unless you are very close to the border of Sweden and SEK would be stated, the major places in Norway dont accept Swedish Krona.... in Oslo/Bergen etc, they wont accept your Swedish money (SEK).

... and you are right about the fact that Norway is one of the most expensive country in Europe, if not the world.

BTW the reason they dress modest is because its too damn cold in Norway to be wearing skimpy clothing, but get there in the summer or enter any nightclub and you will see the same madness dressing there, just as anywhere else in the world.

5 Likes

Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by rafcrown(m): 5:25pm On Feb 26
Biko,Dont worry.
Jennyclay:
Biko, come and carry me with you!

I’m tired of Nigeria undecided
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by luskysylver(m): 5:28pm On Feb 26
LOL FUNNY U
incogni2o:
Thanks for the summary.

at least, we sef dey use your notes travel in our fantasies, make I use small youtube video join am.

ticking Norway from my bucket list
Re: My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit. by allthingsgood: 5:37pm On Feb 26
Nkl4u:

South Africa is very expensive

not compared to europe
But then u get the same facilities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Living In France / An Okada Man Died In Osogbo This Morning(see Photos &video) / Motor Accident On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.