Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,984 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players (23095 Views)

Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi / Messi Names Six Clubs That Can Stop PSG From Winning Champions League / Aiyegbeni Names Best Striker In Super Eagles Squad Ahead Of AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Benjamin4388(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by History555: 3:58pm On Feb 26
Haydens:
Yakubu wey miss one on one with goal keeper get mouth to call Salah name ?

Salah's past achievement is even brighter than what yakubu has not even achieved.

There was no goalkeeper. He missed one on one with open net
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Truvelisback(m): 4:01pm On Feb 26
He is not a world but he plays in a big club and he is in their first 11. He won trophies you never won.
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Mitsurugi(m): 4:08pm On Feb 26
tuzle:
that is why haaland didn't shine in Madrid or di maria didn't shine at Manu abi

Haaland in Madrid kwa? But no one knew Haaland from Molde and Salzburg till Dortmund. In fact he was so unknown Manchester United refused to buy him when he was in Molde

Well for Di Maria in Manchester United.... look at him in Real and after Manchester United the difference is clear 😂😂😂
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Pimine: 4:08pm On Feb 26
OlujobaSamuel:
Yak is high again
A play that will walk into any team out there for the past 5 to 7yrs isn't world class, kindly tell us what makes a world class
Ask the same guy and he'll tell you Haaland and Mbappe are world class. Salah has been greatly disrespected. It's now too much!
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Mitsurugi(m): 4:11pm On Feb 26
Jeje247:
check his age at Chelsea. His good performances at fiorentina and Roma earned him the Liverpool transfer. And your argument is baseless. Mane and coutinho have struggled playing football since they left Liverpool. Does it mean that they are not quality or the club's they transferred to are useless? Bayern and Barca respectively

Nobody's argument is baseless oga. Don't be rude we're exchanging opinion on a sport we live. Does your view being different from mine make it baseless? Una too dey make person excuse himself.

Coutinho is an average player that was found out at Barca.
Mane had integration issues at Bayern.
There are always extenuating circumstances to consider.
Let me stop here before you insult my father
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by uniquetechng: 4:16pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:
He has a point (except Adebayor and Jay-Jay on that list. Okocha na pure sentiments grin) A player will always succeed in a good team. And Liverpool is phenomenal.

I've always wondered why didn't Salah shine at Chelsea, Fiorentina and Roma? He's not so good with Egypt too. Salah is good but.....

Drogba, Kanu, Yaya all individually brilliant players won multiple trophies. Kanu even won an FA Cup with Portsmouth a low ranked club. They have done well for their countries too. Mane won the AFCON over Salah

Maybe it's just me but I felt Mane leaving exposed Salah.
And you didn't wonder why KDB who spent two seasons at Chelsea didn't shine but wonder why Salah who spent just 5 months at Chelsea didn't shine.
Salah was Fiorentina best plaher in the half season he spent there and that was what prompted Roma to sign him. At Roma he won the best player of the season award, maybe you were too young then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by uniquetechng: 4:18pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

Nobody's argument is baseless oga. Don't be rude we're exchanging opinion on a sport we live. Does your view being different from mine make it baseless? Una too dey make person excuse himself.

Mane cross the 15 league mark just once in his entire career, Salah hold 28 records currently in England and yeah Mane hold just one which is the fastest hat trick, Salah hold the fastest hat trick record in any European competition.

1 Like

Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Sleekfingers: 4:21pm On Feb 26
What's Okocha doing in that list?
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Mitsurugi(m): 4:23pm On Feb 26
uniquetechng:
And you didn't wonder why KDB who spent two seasons at Chelsea didn't shine but wonder why Salah spent just 5 months at Chelsea didn't shine.
Salah was Fiorentina best in the half season he spent and that was what prompted Roma to sign him. At Roma he won the best of the season award, maybe you were too young then

Maybe I was. You Gen Z people sef.
What was his goal returns at Fiorentina and Roma?
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by lexy2014: 4:30pm On Feb 26
how does someone use luck to score 154 goals in 252 appearances?
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by korm2me(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

Which criteria did you use to know Mane had integration issue and countinho is average.? Why is countinho not integration issue and Mane average

1 Like

Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by tuzle(m): 4:49pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

Haaland in Madrid kwa? But no one knew Haaland from Molde and Salzburg till Dortmund. In fact he was so unknown Manchester United refused to buy him when he was in Molde

Well for Di Maria in Manchester United.... look at him in Real and after Manchester United the difference is clear 😂😂😂
it is hazard I wanted to type but haaland came to my head. Even Henry played for juve and didn't shine.
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by abobote: 5:08pm On Feb 26
Adebayor, Kanu and Okocha, ahead of Salah, this guy is a joker.
Salah is a world class player anytime any day
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by mrLhanray(m): 5:16pm On Feb 26
arantess:

Maybe you need to ask what are the criteria for considering one world class...

Maybe you should tell us the criteria.
You all use numbers of goals and assist for Ronaldo and Messi to rank them as world class, but not for Salah whose numbers of goals and assist are like that of a striker.
Salah is world class and far above all those he mentioned if people truly consider Salah as an African and not an Arab.

Klopp kept Salah and allowed Mane to go, so Klopp that built a team does not know who he can rely on.

I like Ayegbeni, but if he were to be a striker now with the way teams set up in EPL, he may have flopped. You can't be resting, holding and dragging players out with your body like an armoured tank.

Salah is world class and greatest African player to play in EPL and the figures and influence are excellent. Always in the top ranks for goals and assist.
Don't forget he lost the Afcon finals on penalties to Senegal.
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Dancebreaker: 5:40pm On Feb 26
mytime24:
Anytime I hear Yakubu name I dey always remember that miss

Omo! I bought a brand new plasma TV to watch that game. To see that miss in that widescreen was even worse. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Otherwise, Yak's goal tally in EPL was one of the best for an African player, even when only playing for average clubs.

Because Sallah plays football somewhat effortlessly, and does not look energetic or gangling like Drogba, Kanu or Toure, people underestimate his skills. He's absolutely top draw.

If not because he's playing in the era of some phenomenal talents, just like Thierry Henry was back then, Sallah should have won Ballon D'or by now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Jeje247: 5:46pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

Baseless does not insinuate rudeness, it just meant that there was no basis for your postulation. Who dey quick vex no dey analyse sports
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by uniquetechng: 5:50pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

Maybe I was. You Gen Z people sef.
What was his goal returns at Fiorentina and Roma?
Imagine kid referring to someone his father's age as Gen Z. You are just empty, Mane scored just 2 goals and 1 assists in 22 games for Metz while Salah scored 5 goals and 4 assists in 19 games for Chelsea.
At Fiorentina where he was on loan he wasn't a starter but still managed 10 goals and 4 assists in 25 games.
At Southampton where Mane was considered very successful he scored just 25 goals and 14 assists in 75 games while Salah scored 35 goals and 22 assists in 83 games for Roma and was voted player of the year.
It took Thierry Henry 17 league games before he scored his first PL goal, and yeah Drogba scored 12, 8, 6, 5 and 4 leagues in in different EPL seasons, was he a flop in those seasons ?
I have been watching football from 1986 till date, I can cure your ignorance with facts and datas.

Here is Salah's stats compared to the legendary Arjen Robben.
Remember this comparison was done last year, Mo has since scored over 20 goals for club and country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by uniquetechng: 5:54pm On Feb 26
Jeje247:
Baseless does not insinuate rudeness, it just meant that there was no basis for your postulation. Who dey quick vex no dey analyse sports
Don't mind the kid, he is shallow and ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Mryacks: 6:05pm On Feb 26
yommen:

Calm down Bro. This shouldn't be about race or tribe. Its about personality. Yak's opinion for me doesn't hold water. Salah is world class by all standard.

Exactly, you are right Your last sentence is why I am wondering too.
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Mryacks: 6:10pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:
He has a point (except Adebayor and Jay-Jay on that list. Okocha na pure sentiments grin) A player will always succeed in a good team. And Liverpool is phenomenal.

I've always wondered why didn't Salah shine at Chelsea, Fiorentina and Roma? He's not so good with Egypt too. Salah is good but.....

Drogba, Kanu, Yaya all individually brilliant players won multiple trophies. Kanu even won an FA Cup with Portsmouth a low ranked club. They have done well for their countries too. Mane won the AFCON over Salah

At last someone brave enough to be different on that Jay-jay Okocha matter. Dem go burn you ooh grin Pure sentiment. Dude was never world class at any time. He was top class with pure natural talent though grin
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Mitsurugi(m): 6:19pm On Feb 26
uniquetechng:
Imagine kid referring to someone his father's age as Gen Z. You are just empty, Mane scored just 2 goals and 1 assists in 22 games for Metz while Salah scored 5 goals and 4 assists in 19 games for Chelsea.
At Fiorentina where he was on loan he wasn't a starter but still managed 10 goals and 4 assists in 25 games.
At Southampton where Mane was considered very successful he scored just 25 goals and 14 assists in 75 games while Salah scored 35 goals and 22 assists in 83 games for Roma and was voted player of the year.
It took Thierry Henry 17 league games before he scored his first PL goal, and yeah Drogba scored 12, 8, 6, 5 and 4 leagues in in different EPL seasons, was he a flop in those seasons ?
I have been watching football from 1986 till date, I can cure your ignorance with facts and datas.

Here is Salah's stats compared to the legendary Arjen Robben.
Remember this comparison was done last year, Mo has since scored over 20 goals for club and country.

You are Gen Z bro. Your entire comment is an over compensation a typical characteristic 😂😂😂
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by uniquetechng: 6:25pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

You are Gen Z bro. Your entire comment is an over compensation a typical characteristic 😂😂😂
I schooled you kid, there are people here who have been to my house to pick up one item or the other in the past, you can confirm from them. Like I said I and your father should be age mates.

1 Like

Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Mitsurugi(m): 6:31pm On Feb 26
uniquetechng:
I schooled you kid, there are people here who have been to my house to pick up one item or the other in past, you can confirm from them. Like I said I and your father should be age mates.

Bros go and rest. If you're intelligent you'd have noticed the gravamen of our discussion has been jettisoned due to your infantile mannerisms. Learn manners and appreciate the fact that not everyone is cut out gif your childish crap. Go and play with your mates.
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Gboom: 6:34pm On Feb 26
Cantonese:
Jealousy and envy.

Mr. Aiyegbeni, even Monday Odiaka in the days was better than him. Always missing clear chances.

Mentioning Adebayor in his list shows that Aiyegbeni does not understand the word “world class”.
You must be elderly to remember Monday Odiaka of ACB and flying eagles of 1985 squad
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Timoleon(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

Salah didn't shine at Chelsea because those were his younger years. He shined at Fiorentina and at Roma but definitely those weren't his peak years because he was still growing even then. He is definitely good with Egypt. Problem is he hasn't won the AFCON. Salah is the highest goal score in the history of the Egypt national team. He has played in four AFCON and played in the final twice.
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Timoleon(m): 6:55pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

I think he wanted to type Hazard
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by Cantonese: 7:07pm On Feb 26
Gboom:

You must be elderly to remember Monday Odiaka of ACB and flying eagles of 1985 squad

Hahahahaha.

The only player then who specialized in positioning right inside the penalty box.
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by ORIAYO70(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by uniquetechng: 7:58pm On Feb 26
Mitsurugi:

Bros go and rest. If you're intelligent you'd have noticed the gravamen of our discussion has been jettisoned due to your infantile mannerisms. Learn manners and appreciate the fact that not everyone is cut out gif your childish crap. Go and play with your mates.
And the ninny still think himself intelligent, I know you father has failed in his duty as father but that's not enough reason for you to continue to display your ignorance in a public forum.
My first will be 25 on the 9th of June and he is certainly above what you have portrayed so far, that's to say you are not more than 19 years of age.
Ill mannered kid and a dumb one at that.
Re: Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players by crazygod(m): 7:58pm On Feb 26
Timoleon:

Salah didn't shine at Chelsea because those were his younger years. He shined at Fiorentina and at Roma but definitely those weren't his peak years because he was still growing even then. He is definitely good with Egypt. Problem is he hasn't won the AFCON. Salah is the highest goal score in the history of the Egypt national team. He has played in four AFCON and played in the final twice.
He didn't shine at Chelsea because Mourinho didn't give him a chance same as KDB. Before going to Chelsea, Salah was a monster in Basel when he replaced Shakiri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON: Nigeria's Victory Over Egypt Break The Pharaoh's 16-Game Unbeaten Record / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Peseiro: Why Contract Talks With NFF Broke Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.