Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration (12187 Views)

Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol / Wadume With PDP House Of Representatives Member During His Inauguration In Abuja / Sanwoolu's Children Spotted At His Inauguration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by lexy2014: 8:20am On Feb 26
Zetty177x:
The truth is, the subsidy was meant to be removed by the end of June 2023 according to what former president, Muhammadu Buhari left behind.

Following the advice of a lifeless dullard. I nor blame una . Na me I blame to accept to be a Nigerian..

what did Buhari leave behind and how did that justify the removal of fuel subsidy?

how is Nigeria better off with the removal of fuel subsidy?
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by frankyychiji(f): 8:27am On Feb 26
RickyJesus:

That's how it works, I don't find ignorance cute.
You can never get a very good picture of what's on ground through transmission notes because they will pass you a note that best suits their interest. It's when you actually sit down to do the job that reality in it's reality begins to unfold.
Certificate and on-site experiences are not same.
Even ignorance is bliss. grin
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by michlins(m): 8:33am On Feb 26
Thank you for saying this cause I am literally going mad seeing my own profit being wiped off. I have been looking at areas or things I am doing wrong but nothing
nedekid:

Good question.
For the first time we had challenge yesterday buying diesel to run our operations. Anyway we bought 200l at 1600 per liter ie ₦320,000,i I wrote, that diesel is exhausted. It lasted 24 hrs! Mote part of our operations is on break so we are not running full generators.
What business will survive like this? As it seem, we are not using profit, we practically burnt out our whole capital on diesel. Our income is not covering 50% of our diesel cost monthly!
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by StarRida: 8:36am On Feb 26
mohbadliveson:
By
https://www.thecable.ng/onanuga-why-tinubu-announced-removal-of-petrol-subsidy-on-his-inauguration
the druggie Baba after taking enough dose miscalculated his speech let nobody tell me otherwise
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by NeckingNgulping(m): 8:36am On Feb 26
Chinkoalhaji34:
Tinubu showed strong leadership by making a tough decision to remove the petrol subsidy, which ultimately helped to improve the countrys financial situation. His actions were necessary and beneficial for Nigerians in the long run.

You're getting likes because a lot of your likers think you're being sarcastic. What they don't know is that you're a big fool.

1 Like

Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:56am On Feb 26
michlins:
if we're not paying subsidy, petrol should be above 1200 with the current exchange rates plus the cost of crude oil now

U guys will just be giving reasons to justify their shortcomings
Did he confirm to u that he is still paying subsidy
Its just crazy when we give reasons for what u are not part of,nor really know anything about it or u can really say it as it is.
U need facts not assumptions
If he is paying he should let us know.not u reasoning with dem .
Its ridiculous
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by jkpbestseries: 8:57am On Feb 26
Military will act soon

IamCookie:

When former President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove fuel subsidy , did he repair one refinery before the act that eventually led to a Nationwide protest !?

Times are different! Why not refer to the 8-year Buhari administration for making matter worse and not making it easy for Tinubu administration , a proper rake-off. A whole 8-years oOo , no successful/ complete TAM of any of the refinery
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by michlins(m): 9:01am On Feb 26
BOUNTYDOG:

U guys will just be giving reasons to justify their shortcomings
Did he confirm to u that he is still paying subsidy
Its just crazy when we give reasons for what u are not part of,nor really know anything about it or u can really say it as it is.
U need facts not assumptions
If he is paying he should let us know.not u reasoning with dem .
Its ridiculous
the government is lying about a lot of things, subsidy included. But the maths suggests that they're still paying subsidy and very big one too. So all those claims are useless
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Deogratiasfx: 9:11am On Feb 26
We would hear the real truth from u when u stop benefiting from the government.
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Zetty177x: 9:15am On Feb 26
lexy2014:

what did Buhari leave behind and how did that justify the removal of fuel subsidy?

how is Nigeria better off with the removal of fuel subsidy?

My dear friend, I extracted that from the write up above and my comment is below the excerpts...thank u for not insulting me sef...I have amended my comment read it again
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by RickyJesus: 9:20am On Feb 26
Whalis:

A wise ruler will see truw state of things through his eyes himself.
I am not making excuses for anybody, just exposing the lady to her ignorance of not knowing how things work.

1 Like

Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by YourKarma: 9:29am On Feb 26
Chinkoalhaji34:
Tinubu showed strong leadership by making a tough decision to remove the petrol subsidy, which ultimately helped to improve the countrys financial situation. His actions were necessary and beneficial for Nigerians in the long run.

For the same subsidy they're still paying?
Una dey tire me
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by lexy2014: 9:32am On Feb 26
Zetty177x:

My dear friend, I extracted that from the write up above and my comment is below the excerpts...thank u for not insulting me sef...I have amended my comment read it again

ok. I get your point. no offense intended
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by benjaminlawson(m): 9:35am On Feb 26
RenaissanceGuy:
But the question is, why would Buhari make provision for subsidy for only the first 6 months of the year, knowing that his successor would be carrying such heavy load??

You people are not asking the right questions, even if Buhari did not make provision for subsidy from July to December 2023, why must he stop it at May ending? Why not him make supplementary budget to cover the rest of July to December? After all, does Buhari made provision to buy yatch, buy SUV of 160 million each for nass members, renovation of Tinubu and Shettima house in Lagos where they do not stay, sending 1400 people on shopping they called conference and many more extravagant spending.
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by lexy2014: 9:38am On Feb 26
IamCookie:

When former President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove fuel subsidy , did he repair one refinery before the act that eventually led to a Nationwide protest !?

Times are different! Why not refer to the 8-year Buhari administration for making matter worse and not making it easy for Tinubu administration , a proper rake-off. A whole 8-years oOo , no successful/ complete TAM of any of the refinery

how did Buhari not make it easy for Tinubu?

did Tinubu not know that Buhari was not making it easy for him since he always had the ambition of taking over from buhari?

is it not the same Tinubu that told Nigerians that Buhari was Nigeria's only solution?

Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Thegamingorca(m): 9:39am On Feb 26
Why are you explaining?!
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Noblex2011(m): 10:04am On Feb 26
Onanuga or what is your name. If I see you , I will still say what I want to say now" It is you and your family that has short memory". Can you come and live the way I am currently living and the way many Nigerians are currently living for just two weeks without your stupid wealth and let us see whether you will say the same thing that you said now.
Ever since Bubu 4years in office, I realized that APC is evil and demonic party who derived joy from the suffering of the masses. I don't blame you but I blame some people who voted for this yeye party. You can continue to do the bidding of your master but know that power is just for a while
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Exceed15: 10:04am On Feb 26
Crying over spit milk. Useless people.
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Calicoe: 10:48am On Feb 26
michlins:
if we're not paying subsidy, petrol should be above 1200 with the current exchange rates plus the cost of crude oil now
The high cost of crude oil now was supposed to mean that someone who has it was supposed to get a refined product for cheap, that is if you are not refining it by yourself . Just imagine if all our refineries were working and we don't depend on other countries for refined product. Nigeria would be in contention with elite countries but the government has refused to think towards that direction.
I said all that to say this
There is no justified reason for this country to be in this mess. The government has failed completely
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:11am On Feb 26
angry
ALL THE PEOPLE SHARING SUBSIDY MONEY FROM 1999 TO 2023 ARE STILL THOSE ELECTED TO SERVE THE PEOPLE,BOTH OLD AND NEW.
THE SOCALLED MASSES ARE DUMB TO KNOW THIS,
AND ELECTION LOSERS ARE SABOTAGING GOVT TRUCKING OUT NAIJA FOOD ACROSS BORDER TO CAUSE SCARCITY.
That's why the best place to be in business in Nigeria is to be in government. angryIs so sad,the people fight those helping them while they praise those milking them dry.
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by patrickcollins: 11:14am On Feb 26
Whalis:
How did he know the financial condition of Nigeria when he had barely sat on the seat?

Very arrogant and clueless, who does that, he talks recklessly without thinking and consultation, Buhari is better than him
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by IamCookie(f): 11:35am On Feb 26
lexy2014:

how did Buhari not make it easy for Tinubu?

did Tinubu not know that Buhari was not making it easy for him since he always had the ambition of taking over from buhari?

is it not the same Tinubu that told Nigerians that Buhari was Nigeria's only solution?

Yes , he did say that. As at that time , he was confident about his ability to steer the ship called Nigeria. Like Yorubas always say , " won ma n ba eniyan was ise ni , won ki n ba se. " Which means that you can assist someone in getting a job , but won't help him to do it. That deed is what we have seen and consequently affecting majority of Nigerians.
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by IamCookie(f): 11:37am On Feb 26
jkpbestseries:
Military will act soon

Lol grin. Mr Pessimist
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by IamCookie(f): 11:44am On Feb 26
nairamaniac:

Nnpc forcefully bought shares into Dangote's refinery. They bullied their way into it. Even Dangote complained it, cos it was never part of the arrangements when he started the plan right from Goodluck Jonathan's Regime.
Nnpc paid over 2billion dollars of borrowed money to buy that stake.

Guess what Nnpc is now? It's no longer fully a Government establishment.
Meaning there are stakeholders in there who get dividends from yearly profits.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/nigerias-nnpc-gets-nod-buy-20-stake-dangotes-oil-refinery-276-bln-2021-08-04/

They steal from our future to invest in their future.

Like you have rightly put , it's no longer NNPC . It is now NNPCL ,hence the reason. They are more into the businesses and operations in the energy sector , so they can buy any shares or acquire assets
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by sade38436: 11:50am On Feb 26
But there is money for corruptionBut there is money for corruption...
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Laladre1: 12:24pm On Feb 26
mohbadliveson:
By
https://www.thecable.ng/onanuga-why-tinubu-announced-removal-of-petrol-subsidy-on-his-inauguration

Onanuga is a typical Yoruba man, he should be tied to a keke napep and pulled round the streets of Abuja, Onanuga is worse than Lai Mohammed, omo this APC people can lie for the World.
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by lexy2014: 12:31pm On Feb 26
IamCookie:

Yes , he did say that. As at that time , he was confident about his ability to steer the ship called Nigeria. Like Yorubas always say , " won ma n ba eniyan was ise ni , won ki n ba se. " Which means that you can assist someone in getting a job , but won't help him to do it. That deed is what we have seen and consequently affecting majority of Nigerians.

1. how did Buhari not make it easy for Tinubu?

2. did Tinubu not know that Buhari was not making it easy for him since he always had the ambition of taking over from buhari?

3. is it not the same Tinubu that told Nigerians that Buhari was Nigeria's only solution?

4. I thought you guys said that Tinubu knows how to spot talent? how come he spotted buhari, an incompetent man?

5. how come Tinubu didnt know that Buhari was incompetent? was Tinubu not born when Buhari was head of state between 1983 and 1985?

6. if he didnt know at first, what of after buhairs first term, was it not obvious that buhari was incompetent after the first term? why did Tinubu still supoort that incompetence?

7. Did Tinubu present and project buhari because buhari was actually the solution to Nigeria's problems or he projected buhari because he saw buhari as the stepping stone to the accomplishment of his political ambition of becoming president, hence "emilokan"?
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by airexx: 12:45pm On Feb 26
nairamaniac:

Someone asked a simple question politely. You decided to be rude and insulting to the person.

Do u think you know it all?
Are you Tinubu?
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Agboogashi: 1:15pm On Feb 26
mohbadliveson:
By
No disastrous situation would have been worse than what we are in right now if Tinubu didn't stubbornly make the uninformed pronouncement. In any case ononuga is merely trying to keep his unmerited job.
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Ebeano49(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26
So is Nigeria is less trouble now after the removal??
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by Ebeano49(m): 2:21pm On Feb 26
BAT didn't even mean to remove subsidy on day 1. He was making a speech. Then went off script and said subsidy is gone. Based on this, marketers applied market rates immediately. The govt has been playing catch up since then!
Re: Onanuga: Why Tinubu Announced The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy On His Inauguration by nairamaniac: 10:10pm On Feb 26
IamCookie:

Like you have rightly put , it's no longer NNPC . It is now NNPCL ,hence the reason. They are more into the businesses and operations in the energy sector , so they can buy any shares or acquire assets
Now they are a limited liability company. It's more set up to make profits now than it used to be. Which is meant to be better though

But however, when such a government company prioritizes investing in another man's company over its own, just watchout.

Legally, in any limited company, the board get dividends from yearly profits.

I don't think Iit would be any different in this case.
I may be wrong though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market / APC Insists Jonathan, PDP Not Cooperating With Buhari Transition Committee / Etcetera: Wake Up President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.