Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama (45116 Views)

Barack Obama's Daughter, Sasha Smoking Marijuana In Public goes viral / Barack Obama's Daughters, Sasha & Malia Enjoy An Afternoon Stroll / Obama: I Smoked 9 Cigarettes A Day In White House & Stopped When Malia Caught Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by atobs4real(m): 12:08pm On Feb 26
She already made with her father's name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Shurtman79(m): 12:09pm On Feb 26
chiiraq802:
I wish to be addressed as Chiiraq Tilumbu.
So shall it be undecided

3 Likes

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by eliwa47(m): 12:10pm On Feb 26
Before nkọ? She no go marry? undecided
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by naptu2: 12:10pm On Feb 26
Octopusssy:
She didn't drop the name. It is just going to be her work name.

Nicholas Cage did the same thing because he wanted to be recognised in the industry by merit, and not by family connections to F.F Coppola. Malia wants to be recognised through the works of her own hands and not because she is related to a famous father.

I mean, it's very obvious. It's just like a pen name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by EmmyMaestro(m): 12:11pm On Feb 26
Sleekfingers:

And you think people living in Africa are normal?

If they decide to arrest all the people with mental illness in Nigeria, almost everybody will be in hospital, and only few will be responding to treatment

2 Likes

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Badgers14: 12:12pm On Feb 26
Fuckyoumod:
Why all the sharp American guys no see this Obama daughters and get them out of the market?

They are not for sale.

The kids have their own life to live.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:13pm On Feb 26
Feminist and depression ! Give me a ride to US I won't go
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by dangermouse(m): 12:13pm On Feb 26
meobizy:
More of a pseudonym than a name change.

Bloggers always twisting things up to get traffic.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Badgers14: 12:13pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
She for disown her papa.Na this yeye man ban free American visa for African countries.If not na there I for dey hustle.

Have all African countries ever had free American visa before??

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by amnesty7: 12:14pm On Feb 26
Njic:
That's oyibo for you
Na who be oyibo?
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by DeepSight(m): 12:14pm On Feb 26
Stanweezy:
She's a woman, whether now or later the name will still be changed if she eventually marry sad shocked

That's not a given. Some women don't change their names.

Secondly that looks like a pseudonym rather than a name change.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Badgers14: 12:14pm On Feb 26
Octopusssy:

Nicholas Cage did the same thing because he wanted to be recognised in the industry by merit, and not by family connections to F.F Coppola. Malia wants to be recognised through the works of her own hands and not because she is related to a famous father.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by bablon20(m): 12:15pm On Feb 26
Is this a news?
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Kajaard: 12:15pm On Feb 26
Octopusssy:

The only comment that hits the nail on the head 100%.

The other responses just shows lots of nairalanders know nothing about happenings around.

4 Likes

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Calitoscassius(m): 12:16pm On Feb 26
Obainoman6:
One thing i noticed about the kids of these overly woked parents is they always have issues am talking mental issues, i mean depression and stuffs over there its like cough if someone sneeze u can catch it unlike here in Africa
So Obama's daughter decides to change her last name to her grand mother's name that means she has mental illness? grin grin grin you have become Nairaland's self appointed psychiatrists suddenlly and diagnosed Malia with mental illness?

Did you know that %75 of Naigeerian are suffering from stress, anxieties and depressions? Stress, anxieties and depression can escalates to mental illness, in Naigeerian mentally ill people are seen all over in the streets walking about some with no cloths on and some mumbering to themselves. They are the people Naigeerians label "Mad people"they are not mad they are just suffering from one mental illness or the other that can be treated with medications. But Naigeeria do not care about these sick people who only needs helps.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by tollyboy5(m): 12:17pm On Feb 26
Obainoman6:
One thing i noticed about the kids of these overly woked parents is they always have issues am talking mental issues, i mean depression and stuffs over there its like cough if someone sneeze u can catch it unlike here in Africa
Who told alot of kids don't have mental depression here in Nigeria?
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by dkidd: 12:18pm On Feb 26
Octopusssy:

There's sense in this
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Fiscus105(m): 12:18pm On Feb 26
.......but in naija, when our daughters come from famous family, she must include her father's name boldly and husband name tiny.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Thegamingorca(m): 12:20pm On Feb 26
Thevideoguy:

https://reportafrique.com/entertainment/malia-obama-adopts-new-name-launches-her-first-movie/

This girl fine die. Nah she go Harvard whilst the other one was caught smoking weed
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Calitoscassius(m): 12:20pm On Feb 26
joseph1832:
Hian. This is exactly what happens when you give kids too much freedom.
So you don't want kids to have freedom? grin kids should be locked up in the basements and not let out and you wonder how that kid would behave when they grow up.

Malia is not a kid by the way.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by MentalCase98: 12:20pm On Feb 26
Probably she doesn’t want her success as a director to be linked to her fathers name so people won’t say “she only made it because…”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by VaginaAcademic: 12:21pm On Feb 26
Its a pseudonym just like George orwell or 50 cent or big show or Jk rowlin or 2face
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by SoNature(m): 12:21pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
She for disown her papa.Na this yeye man ban free American visa for African countries.If not na there I for dey hustle.

You don't know what that lady is going through. People are probably telling her that she wouldn't have been able to do anything for herself if her dad wasn't a former president. Now, she has wants to prove them wrong.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Krismas(m): 12:23pm On Feb 26
Thevideoguy:

https://reportafrique.com/entertainment/malia-obama-adopts-new-name-launches-her-first-movie/
grin The girl does not look like barrack obama or michelle obama. she is someone else. make your guess
and ann is the last daughter of adolf hitler, who is obamas mother.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by chiiraq802(m): 12:23pm On Feb 26
Shurtman79:
So shall it be undecided
No wam.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by HazzanTazzan(m): 12:23pm On Feb 26
NSNO:

Who told you that we don't have mental issues here in Africa?

we all do everywhere in the world but we deal with it without crying over it ...

the issue with countries like US and UK is they have overstressed their mental health system by making the citizens too reliant on it to the point that the citizens exaggerate any personal issues they have into mental issues this system has made their problems look so big to the point that most of them get to the point of suicide when they have mild personal issues which they have exaggerated into metal health issues
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by MentalCase98: 12:24pm On Feb 26
No big deal though. She’s a woman. Her name was bound to change at some point anyways.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by PureFace1(m): 12:24pm On Feb 26
Obainoman6:

You have mental issues if you think there are no mental issues and depression in Africa.

Many Africans have committed suicide nemerous times due to depression and many are just scrapping by.

The problem with Africans is you see sufferings and smiling as a badge of honor and delusion to believe you are strong people to cope with your depression and miserable lifestyle.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Farrason: 12:25pm On Feb 26
Thevideoguy:

Her father already made a name for himself and family. However, she wants to be recognized and respected in the industry based on her work and not on her connection to her father.

I believe it's just a work name. I bet if you didn't know she was an Obama, you will appreciate her work more and applaud her.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Calitoscassius(m): 12:25pm On Feb 26
SoNature:

You don't know what that lady is going through. People are probably telling her that she wouldn't have been able to do anything for herself if her dad wasn't a former president. Now, she has wants to prove them wrong.
Precisely, she don't want people to claim that her own achievements are all down to her being Obama's daughter.

Unlike some who would go about telling everyone that her father is the president of Naigeeria or America. grin and all doors will be opened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turkish MP Suffers Heart Attack Right After Cursing Israel ( Video) / Turkey: Avalanche Kills Dozens Of Rescuers (Photos) / California Becomes First US State To Legally Recognize A Third Gender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.