Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama (45028 Views)

Barack Obama's Daughter, Sasha Smoking Marijuana In Public goes viral / Barack Obama's Daughters, Sasha & Malia Enjoy An Afternoon Stroll / Obama: I Smoked 9 Cigarettes A Day In White House & Stopped When Malia Caught Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Golan007: 12:28pm On Feb 26
It is her artistic prerogative.

Abi una think say Snoop Dogg be him real name?

Nicholas cage is Coppola.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Calitoscassius(m): 12:29pm On Feb 26
PureFace1:

You have mental issues if you think there are no mental issues and depression in Africa.

Many Africans have committed suicide nemerous times due to depression and many are just scrapping by.

The problem with Africans is you see sufferings and smiling as a badge of honor and delusion to believe you are strong people to cope with your depression and miserable lifestyle.
Africans suffer the most form of mental illness without even knowing.

Walk the streets of africa, especially Naigeeria you would see so many so called " Mad people"

Alot of the people who labels people "mad
people" could all be mentally ill themselves without even knowing.

Stress, anxiety and depressions are all the cause of mental illness, so many Naigeerians suffer from these conditions, but pretend they don't.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Burgerlomo: 12:30pm On Feb 26
Changing her last (Surname) name doesn't change the fact that she's Obama's daughter grin
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by olaolulazio(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
She for disown her papa.Na this yeye man ban free American visa for African countries.If not na there I for dey hustle.
🤣🤣🤣🤣❤️
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by onuman: 12:35pm On Feb 26
Thevideoguy:

https://reportafrique.com/entertainment/malia-obama-adopts-new-name-launches-her-first-movie/

Malia Ann is only her stage name.
Mischief writer here wrote that she changed her surname; mischief writer and poster wanted to attract traffic.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by onuman: 12:37pm On Feb 26
Octopusssy:
She didn't drop the name. It is just going to be her work name.

Nicholas Cage did the same thing because he wanted to be recognised in the industry by merit, and not by family connections to F.F Coppola. Malia wants to be recognised through the works of her own hands and not because she is related to a famous father.
The only person so far who understood.
Don Jazzy and others with work name still answer their papa name officially.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:38pm On Feb 26
Octopusssy:
She didn't drop the name. It is just going to be her work name.

Nicholas Cage did the same thing because he wanted to be recognised in the industry by merit, and not by family connections to F.F Coppola. Malia wants to be recognised through the works of her own hands and not because she is related to a famous father.

Same thing Angelina Jolie did.
She didn't want to be recognised based on her father's reputation as an actor.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by theamazonguru(m): 12:41pm On Feb 26
NSNO:

Who told you that we don't have mental issues here in Africa?

True.
The various suicide cases we hear of testify to the prevalence of mental issues in our clime too.

Just yesterday, I received a call from a younger friend who has mental issues. She has attempted suicide twice in her life time. The most recent being last month.

Now she called to have a talk with me, in words, "bros I need to talk to you, my hearts are very heavy".
Right away I need the mental issue had knocked at the door again.
I slated a meeting to meet with her this afternoon.

Mental issues yapa.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by advanceDNA: 12:42pm On Feb 26
Why her face come long like sausage??
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by MrGerald(m): 12:44pm On Feb 26
Fuckyoumod:
Why all the sharp American guys no see this Obama daughters and get them out of the market?

Are you the one that put them in the market, every time cho cho cho!!!
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by JustPowerApps(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26
She doesn't look like Obama anyway, you sure say she no be bast, just saying, no one should cum cool for me abeg
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Princezibk: 1:05pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:
She for disown her papa.Na this yeye man ban free American visa for African countries.If not na there I for dey hustle.
Na him stop the Yankee visa lottery??
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Fuckyoumod: 1:10pm On Feb 26
MrGerald:
Are you the one that put them in the market, every time cho cho cho!!!
who is this street arab?
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by SonofElElyonRet: 1:12pm On Feb 26
Njic:
That's oyibo for you
where you see oyibo ?
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by itsene: 1:19pm On Feb 26
Ebi npawa people carry other people 's matter for head.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Obierika(m): 1:23pm On Feb 26
Sleekfingers:

And you think people living in Africa are normal?

Maybe the part of Africa where you live is not normal but my own part is very normal grin
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Rechargeam247(f): 1:25pm On Feb 26
How is this news
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by usagee36: 1:26pm On Feb 26
Yes because she wants to make it on her own without the name Obama. Few big actors children did same.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Octopusssy(f): 1:33pm On Feb 26
naptu2:

I mean, it's very obvious. It's just like a pen name.
Someone gave the perfect example with Stephen King's son, Joseph. His pen name is 'Joe Hill', Hill being his mother Tabitha's maiden name.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by iswallker(m): 1:45pm On Feb 26
She chose her middle name in honor of her paternal grandmother mother ...

Can't people read?

sad
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by DaddyJapan(m): 1:47pm On Feb 26
Njic:
That's oyibo for you

Ann is her middle name, gerrit?

Nothing wrong with using a stage name or a nom de plume, after all we accept Fela Anikulapo Kuti.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by etrange: 1:48pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:

I think she just doesn't want to be under the Obama's shadow cause everyone would assume everything she has is because her father was the president. That would undermine her personal efforts. She wants to be her own person and be appreciated for her hardwork.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by PastorOlokonla: 1:54pm On Feb 26
She will take it back when she grows up, become more mature and realizes what a door opener that name is.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by morgstreme: 2:01pm On Feb 26
Chicagograduate:

"Japa" is generally for unambitious folks.. mediocres that have a "survival","let's manage","I want the basics" mindset...

The pot of gold is here in Nigeria..

Life is always according to your belief..
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by morgstreme: 2:03pm On Feb 26
Obainoman6:
One thing i noticed about the kids of these overly woked parents is they always have issues am talking mental issues, i mean depression and stuffs over there its like cough if someone sneeze u can catch it unlike here in Africa

She changed her name because she doesn't want the world to later say her success in life is because she is an Obama..

Get informed..

Alot of successful ones decide to do that..
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by morgstreme: 2:04pm On Feb 26
meobizy:
More of a pseudonym than a name change.

Exactly..

The OP is mischievous with his headline..
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Sleekfingers: 2:04pm On Feb 26
EmmyMaestro:

If they decide to arrest all the people with mental illness in Nigeria, almost everybody will be in hospital, and only few will be responding to treatment

😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Akpacha(m): 2:14pm On Feb 26
Nobody would be proud of terrorist father.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by overseasnbeyond: 2:18pm On Feb 26
it's not too late, TRUMP will grant your request.

Chicagograduate:
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Ashirioluwa: 2:19pm On Feb 26
Thevideoguy:

https://reportafrique.com/entertainment/malia-obama-adopts-new-name-launches-her-first-movie/

Although her real name is Malia Ann Obama, I guess she prefers to be called Malia Ann professionally.

Originally, Ann is her middle name.

In any case, why should Nigerians care about this at all?
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by Felaincarnated: 2:22pm On Feb 26
Marlian. She kukuma adopt naira marley as her papa.
Re: Obama's Daughter, Malia Changes Surname, Drops Obama by HisaacPlus: 2:40pm On Feb 26
Thevideoguy:

The gal is right! She's adopted. There's no medical facility on the surface of this planet that Obama can point to where Michele had that girl or the other

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Belarus Foreign Minister, Vladimir Makei, Killed By Russian Assassins / Trump During BLM Protest VS When His Supporters Invaded The US Capitol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.