Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... (1326 Views)

Man Loses His Job And Gets Dumped By Girlfriend He’s Been Giving N20k Weekly / Lady Kneels To Ask Her Boyfriend To Marry Her In Public And Gets A Yes From Him / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Public And Gets The Biggest Embarrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by Maisiba(m): 11:22pm On Feb 25
Persons below the age of 40 are likely to start unnecessary arguments, but it does not matter. At 45, you will have had your share of true lies, humiliations, trophies, doses of romance, and betrayal from family and friends. Your feelings will be numb enough to let you use your head and not your **s. At 45, you are untamed and unafraid; you have the knowledge that there are few surprises in this world. If you are blessed, you have two or three naughty children to test your leadership skills.

Life is short, but days are long. Do what you love whether you get paid or otherwise. Avoid toxic relationships and conversations and trying to please anyone. It is rare to find a people-pleaser at 50. Very rare indeed. It gets harder to blow hot and cold with the same breath. At forty-five, you can smile at misfortune, and laugh at the face of great humiliation.

There are some days you will long they never end...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by MMempire(m): 3:38am On Feb 26
I concur.
Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by Authoreety: 6:40am On Feb 26
Fact of life ...

U finish work jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by tydi(m): 6:59am On Feb 26
Short and precise.
I'm starting my life at forty with enough wealth to go by.

1 Like

Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by ObalendeCMS: 7:23am On Feb 26
With this post, I feel like blasting nigerian men. I'm sure men who are 40 & older have been ruling the country. But look where we are now!
Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by Spagi(m): 7:41am On Feb 26
ObalendeCMS:
With this post, I feel like blasting nigerian men. I'm sure men who are 40 & older have been ruling the country. But look where we are now!
youth will even do the same things.
Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by FRANCISTOWN: 7:57am On Feb 26
Maisiba:
Persons below the age of 40 are likely to start unnecessary arguments, but it does not matter. At 45, you will have had your share of true lies, humiliations, trophies, doses of romance, and betrayal from family and friends. Your feelings will be numb enough to let you use your head and not your **s. At 45, you are untamed and unafraid; you have the knowledge that there are few surprises in this world. If you are blessed, you have two or three naughty children to test your leadership skills.

Life is short, but days are long. Do what you love whether you get paid or otherwise. Avoid toxic relationships and conversations and trying to please anyone. It is rare to find a people-pleaser at 50. Very rare indeed. It gets harder to blow hot and cold with the same breath. At forty-five, you can smile at misfortune, and laugh at the face of great humiliation.

Can we say the same for unmarried women?

2 Likes

Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by Gadafii: 8:30am On Feb 26
Truer words have never been said before

I am less than 30, but I have had my fair share of life, which have taught me lifetime lessons, more life experience ahead, both good and bad, I am opened to learnin and unlearning to adjust to the new reality’

But one thing I never do again is to put people ahead of me, not even family or friend, I will come they for you if I have to, but not at the cost of my sanity or comfort.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by Talkisneeded: 8:54am On Feb 26
Truth, unbashed truth...

I sell herbs tho
Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by narite: 10:46am On Feb 26
Aging Gracefully…..

At age 20, we worry about what others thinks of us.

At age 40, we don’t care what they think.

At age 60, we discover that they have not been thinking of us at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by Chummynoni(m): 1:05pm On Feb 26
This is so true about life. I learnt early in life that the happiest set of people are the ones with less baggages on their shoulders, those who live simple and easy life, those that dont care what others think of them, and those that are not obsessed with the vanities of life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by franchasofficia: 1:20pm On Feb 26
I can't wait to be 40 cheesy
Re: Life Starts At 40, And Gets Sweeter At 45... by WantsandMore: 7:07pm On Feb 26
Maisiba:

@30 you should've had this experience

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anything Wrong With Gold As A Gift? / Loneliness While In A Relationship? / Answers Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.