Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights (13686 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights / See Travel Chaos Caused by Drone At Gatwick Airport, Army Called (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by STYCNig(m): 9:06am On Feb 26
An economy where politicians are richer than legitimate business men and govt certainly wants it that way!

There are reasons why African countries are called under-developed society. Its bcoz we can't compete and sustain ourselves fairly and transparently. Records shows that once govt evacuates foreign service provider in any sector of our economy, the masses are bound to suffer oppression in that sector.

Nigerian leaders deliberately makes policies to discourage foreign based players from operating in our economy - Not for transparent competition but for greed to oppress the masses thereafter!

Lets carefully check any sector of our economy that is now managed and own by Nigerians, are we doing better on those sectors or worst? We could also attest that pharmaceuticals now are oppressing the masses. There are some drugs that were sent to African for free and some on highly subsidised rates when we had more of foreign players... are we experiencing same now that we float out own players?

Corruption isnt what is drawing us back but Greed! Bcoz corruption means making money or wealth in a bad way while Greed means ensuring that others don't make their own money/wealth through legitimate means.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by AngelicBeing: 9:08am On Feb 26
sad
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by justmondris: 9:12am On Feb 26
[quote author=Epstein post=128646869]Air Peace chooses Gatwick Airport for Lagos-London flights following UK’s refusal of Heathrow

If our government were sensible, we would have retaliated by ensuring that all their flights to Nigeria always land in other airports apart from Lagos and Abuja airports. I trust our puppet leaders. They don't have the balls to do so.
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Angy55(f): 9:13am On Feb 26
aljharem:

Una don start. Nvidia ko, Microsoft ni.

They are in totally different industry where scalability is an issue.

At best, it will be like Air Marco or ethiopian airlines

Lol! Wetin Microsoft do you grin?

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by aribisala0(m): 9:16am On Feb 26
Funkyswagzz:

Not everyone would love to settle there besides Manchester to London is a far distance to travel
settle where? Who is talking about settling
Do you live in the UK?
I don't think you understand what you quoted.

most Nigerians in the UK do not live in London ,don't make that mistake and not everyone flies to Lagos from London
They do so from places like Manchester,Birmingham,Newcastle Edinburgh etc but there are no direct flights from those places so they use airlines like KLM,Lufthansa etc
If Airpeace flies to Manchester that would be a direct flight from the North of England to Lagos which I don't think exists right now
Many Nigerians in the UK never go to London for years except to go to the Nigerian High Commission
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by PartnerusIsBack: 9:22am On Feb 26
aribisala0:
I think Manchester will be more lucrative than Gatwick.
There is no competition there

Gatwick will be more lucrative in the sense that it's only about 20mins to the heart of London by train. I guess that's what the management of Air peace took into consideration as well as an alternative to Heathrow Airport. With cheaper fare, Nigerians won't hesitate to opt for Airpeace .

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by aribisala0(m): 9:35am On Feb 26
PartnerusIsBack:

Gatwick will be more lucrative in the sense that it's only about 20mins to the heart of London by train. I guess that's what the management of Air peace took into consideration as well as an alternative to Heathrow Airport. With cheaper fare, Nigerians won't hesitate to opt for Airpeace .

Who told you most UK travellers go to London
That is an assumption
Many people travel to Lagos from other airports only thing is they have to transit through another European city like Frankfurt or Amsterdam
Many American based travellers also transit through European cities
Manchester Lagos will be another transit option for them
Same with Lagos
does everyone landing in Lagos have any business in Lagos?
If there was an international airport in Benin it will boom and divert many people away from Lagos. Same with London
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by richeeyo(m): 9:41am On Feb 26
Wish we were united
This igbo man keeps on pushing for the best
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by STYCNig(m): 9:45am On Feb 26
NOTE: It is either we dont have creative Economic Managers in Nigeria govt yet or that they are not sincere with it.

Often times I laughed when I hear commentators say; we are where we are bcoz we import alot. Its a FAT big lie, deception and ignorance to say Import/Importation is not a strong indicator that strengthen the growth of any Economy or Economic Space. The only irrelevant story they always give is that it consume our FX - What a Mess!

FX can never and will never be in shortage globally... why is it only in Nigeria that your leaders get her citizen deceived about shortage of FX? This views is always and also supported by those we term as Guru Economist.
Hug Wash, Importation and Exportation MUST be in the same TxRx ratio to balance an economy, any economy!

America is Automobile and Tech giant in the world, yet still, they don't stop importation of other countries automobile, yet they still import China and European Technology into their Economy. WHY?
Importation checkmates the excesses of local content production. A transparent govt who have depth in Economy and Economics will never stop Importation of goods and services.

NOTE: I'm not talking about Lecturing Economics, Phd Economics, Lagos Business School Economic or analysis of Guru Economist who never owned a kiosk all tro their life ooooh. I'm talking about the content of practical Economics that gives result.

On my own assessment, just 3months of right and transparent policy will reset Nigeria economy to a space where the poor will be comfortable. I see Nigeria as one of the fastest growing economy in the world. We just need creative Economic managers who understands the secret of global economic growth.

agabusta:

We cannot be stuck on foreign generated goods and services for ever. We won't get employment right.

We won't get our macro economics right.

We would be a victim to whatever local challenges that occurs in their home country.

While using proceeds of corruption to set up companies is bad, there can still be some advantages in it instead of just transferring the loot to invest abroad.

Competition will lead other entities into the market, generating commerce and employment.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:53am On Feb 26
aribisala0:
settle where? Who is talking about settling
Do you live in the UK?
I don't think you understand what you quoted.

most Nigerians in the UK do not live in London ,don't make that mistake and not everyone flies to Lagos from London
They do so from places like Manchester,Birmingham,Newcastle Edinburgh etc but there are no direct flights from those places so they use airlines like KLM,Lufthansa etc
If Airpeace flies to Manchester that would be a direct flight from the North of England to Lagos which I don't think exists right now
Many Nigerians in the UK never go to London for years except to go to the Nigerian High Commission

The reason you say this is probably you stay outside London. My dear Nigerians are scattered all over London. The only place you rarely see us is north london
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by aribisala0(m): 10:05am On Feb 26
Funkyswagzz:

The reason you say this is probably you stay outside London. My dear Nigerians are scattered all over London. The only place you rarely see us is north london
I think you need to learn to read and Comprehend
I did not say there are no Nigerians in London
I am saying there are enough Nigerians in the UK living outside London to justify a daily flight
from Manchester.
Most Nigerians do not live in London.
Because everyone flies to Lagos does not mean they live in Lagos
Just take the student population alone in universities. How many are in London?

Those Nigerians living faraway from a London currently do not fly into Nigeria from.London
Rather they go to their local airport whether it is Manchester Newcastle ,Edinburgh etc and fly a connection through Alitalia,KLM,Lufthansa etc
So a direct flight would be more appreciated
However such hub connections are are accessible NOT ONLY to those that live in the UK
People from Germany ,,Italy,the USA can also connect.
Manchester is a cheaper hub and such connections might offer better affordability than London

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by seunayantokun(m): 10:10am On Feb 26
Gatwick isn't bad, but if we show more seriousness, Heathrow is a must.
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Afamed: 10:23am On Feb 26
The Western exploitation will definitely come to an end. It's just a matter of days/ years.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by dadabashua1(m): 10:32am On Feb 26
paymentvoucher:
YES
ok that's nice to know
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Menclothing: 10:33am On Feb 26
oilyngbati:
Tell your politicians to:
Use Nigerian hospitals
Send their children to public schools in Nigeria
Keep all their families in Nigeria
Use only Nigerian banks to stash their loot, not foreign banks.
Remain in Nigeria after their political career.

No one loves this land,,, it’s now seen as a means to an end.

You spoke well all our politicians are number 1 enemy of this country let them lead Bu example
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:34am On Feb 26
aribisala0:

I think you need to learn to read and Comprehend
I did not say there are no Nigerians in London
I am saying there are enough Nigerians in the UK living outside London to justify a daily flight
from Manchester.
Most Nigerians do not live in London.
Because everyone flies to Lagos does not mean they live in Lagos
Just take the student population alone in universities. How many are in London?

Those Nigerians living faraway from a London currently do not fly into Nigeria from.London
Rather they go to their local airport whether it is Manchester Newcastle ,Edinburgh etc and fly a connection through Alitalia,KLM,Lufthansa etc
So a direct flight would be more appreciated
However such hub connections are are accessible NOT ONLY to those that live in the UK
People from Germany ,,Italy,the USA can also connect.
Manchester is a cheaper hub and such connections might offer better affordability than London

Yah your point is valid
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by dadabashua1(m): 10:36am On Feb 26
DaddyJapan:

Your assertion is wrong. Ogunlesi is a managing partner in GIP, he does not own the airport.

Source: https://www.global-infra.com/about
thanks for your feedback anyways

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Onuoha1234(m): 10:37am On Feb 26
Correct decision for those who know the need to{ reach central London quicker.
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by aribisala0(m): 10:45am On Feb 26
Funkyswagzz:

Yah your point is valid
See every day there is one flight to Lagos from Amsterdqm,Frankfurt, and some other European cities

Very likely less than half of the people.on the KLM plane live in the Netherlands
Many are from the USA,Asia or other European countries connecting in Amsterdam
So the business is there . It is low hanging fruit because only a British or Nigerian airline can do direct flights.
I would also advise him to consider Dublin in future and target connecters from around the world
that would be competing with European Airlines for connectors
I

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:00am On Feb 26
aribisala0:

See every day there is one flight to Lagos from Amsterdqm,Frankfurt, and some other European cities

Very likely less than half of the people.on the KLM plane live in the Netherlands
Many are from the USA,Asia or other European countries connecting in Amsterdam
So the business is there . It is low hanging fruit because only a British or Nigerian airline can do direct flights.
I would also advise him to consider Dublin in future and target connecters from around the world
that would be competing with European Airlines for connectors
I

Obviously he is going to get more routes in the future but why Dublin ?
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Jogs1900: 11:41am On Feb 26
aribisala0:

Really ,since when?
I noticed last year July.
The itinerary is Manchester to London to Lagos
You are not paying extra...Check.the attached

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by jazzman7711: 11:44am On Feb 26
Makawhizzy:
Gatwick is far better than Heathrow since they are not running connecting flight yet with other airlines for onward transfer and they can still do it from gatwick. The queue in gatwick is lesser so checks are fast and you don’t have to spend 1 hour queue like heathrow.
Only issue is over time they will start manning more officers for luggage check anytime airpeace flights come in cox it’s from naija and they have associated our name with anything illegal even before we commit one.
Kudos to airpeace make dem sha get correct staffs with better training for this route not the idiots manning their Sharjah dubai line that could not handle ordinary flight cancellation by communicating effectively to passengers but technically held them up inside a bus in a park without basic provision till the police had to intervene.

You’re right. Heathrow is congested like a market. Gatwick is ok. He doesn’t need Heathrow. And Naija folks are cool with Gatwick as there’s less traffic getting there.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Bluebolt: 12:33pm On Feb 26
corlin2:

Party jollof , I haven’t had it before on Turkish airline
Jollof na Jollof, bro!
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by DaddyJapan(m): 12:41pm On Feb 26
dadabashua1:
thanks for your feedback anyways

I know his net worth went up earlier this year when his firm was acquired by Blackrock Inc.
This development does not invalidate my earlier post, however. cool

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by TinFoil100: 12:47pm On Feb 26
Wish Air peace the best!!! hope the team keep efficiency and quality service delivery as watch word. This is a gold mine !!!
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by dadabashua1(m): 12:54pm On Feb 26
DaddyJapan:

I know his net worth went up earlier this year when his firm was acquired by Blackrock Inc.
This development does not invalidate my earlier post, however. cool

but you are contradicting your initial post don't you think,you said he is not the owner of GIP,or am I missing something here? And information says his GIP took ownership of the airport in 2009,if he is the founder of GIP,and GIP took ownership of the airport in 2009, then am i wrong by saying he owns the airport? Well may be as a medical person English is not my best of area Sha,so I might be wrong wink cheesy

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by DaddyJapan(m): 1:48pm On Feb 26
dadabashua1:
but you are contradicting your initial post don't you think,you said he is not the owner of GIP,or am I missing something here? And information says his GIP took ownership of the airport in 2009,if he is the founder of GIP,and GIP took ownership of the airport in 2009, then am i wrong by saying he owns the airport? Well may be as a medical person English is not my best of area Sha,so I might be wrong wink cheesy

I contradict nothing. You are the one who is refusing to take correction here, buddy.
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by pappilo(m): 2:21pm On Feb 26
aribisala0:
I think Manchester will be more lucrative than Gatwick.
There is no competition there

Mumu talk
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by dadabashua1(m): 2:24pm On Feb 26
DaddyJapan:

I contradict nothing. You are the one who is refusing to take correction here, buddy.
correction? sorry bros never knew you are part of them no vex,that means ALL credible sites that claim he owns it,are also wrong, ok i will take your own over them,no vex once again.
Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by sanyaolurilwan(m): 3:37pm On Feb 26
I'll personally prefer Gatwick to Heathrow
There's less qué in Gatwick compared to Heathrow and the Immigration Officers in Gatwick seems to be nicer and calmer than those in Heathrow.

I've used both in recent times

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: Air Peace Chose Gatwick Airport For Lagos-London Flights by Ekaka14: 4:00pm On Feb 26
Makes sense...
Less traffic there...
Gatwick owned by another Nigerian...
Make brothers and sisters begin do business like Jews, Indians and others

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group / Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk / Students Coming To The Netherlands-things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.