Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price (28252 Views)

How Many Of You Have Given Up On Online Money Making? / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Noniblaq(m): 12:56pm On Feb 26
It is well o
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by studycenter: 12:56pm On Feb 26
Boil the borehole water at 100°c, let it cool overnight and drink the next day.
Don't drink it directly.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Anguldi(m): 12:56pm On Feb 26
tongue
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by saintruky(m): 12:56pm On Feb 26
Risingblue008:
For my side
Madiga don replace bread
And let me advice u

No matter how broke u are

ALWAYS GET GARRI FOR HOUSE NO MATTER HOW

e get why

U go smile and thank me later

Madiga don flat like communion... Just that e still get weight...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Jokerman(m): 12:57pm On Feb 26
Lol...

As an APC apologist I don't manage, I just go to our whatsApp group, and we are called to eat Pizza as we like...

Ronu like us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Anguldi(m): 12:58pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
Yesterday, I told my wife and kid that the last carton of indomie noodles I grudgingly bought 2wks ago for N11,000 would be the very last in my house. Women being women, just this morning, my wife was asking me if I really meant it and wouldn't get them even if na half carton if the one at home finishes. The bombastic side eye I gave her was enough to remind her that I'm just a level 11 FG worker trying to stay afloat.
Level 11 FG worker

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Atarakpa: 12:58pm On Feb 26
This one noodles be 16k for one kpali Wetin olosho's go dey chop now. FG eejoor

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by temitope66(m): 12:59pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:
I give up nothing.
At first I tried cutting cost. Used one useless dishwash that peeled my fine skin. Last last I ran back to Morning Fresh.

I just thank God I took the hard decision to focus on remote work and a harder decision to resign my 9to5. My colleagues discouraged and scared me. I don't blame them. It was all genuine concern. But I did what I had to do.

A week back one of them asked me for electricity units and I told her to send her meter number. Recharged 20k for her and she was so happy. Mentally it was $12 to me. To her it was 20k.

For this life, you have to use your active years VERY WISELY. This youthful vigour won't be there forever.

Can you tutor me on how get this remote job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by nairalanda1(m): 12:59pm On Feb 26
Printme1:
Things are really really getting pricey and to be sincere it seems the prices are increasing every single day.

Last time, I bought a bag of pure water for N300. The next I want to buy the same bag of pure water, it was N350.

I sha still bought it like that.

3 days later, they announced the new price, N500!

That's where I stopped buying. I was already struggling with the N350 per bag. But N500?

So now I drink from the borehole. After all others have been drinking from there and nothing do them.

Bread
Normally, bread of N200 and coke will be enough to sustain you for the day or maybe for the night.

I do it this very often.

But now eh, I can't even go close to bread again. The prices are something else.

I mean the last time I tried it, only 1k bread will make sense and honestly I can't be spending that much in a sitting all the time.

So I've left bread behind.

Same thing with noodles and spaghetti.

So, I'm stuck with cooking regular foods now. And I tend to get most of my food stuffs from the village "yam, beans, garri, rice".

We farm these things so we tend to have them in stock. But sometimes you still need to sell.

I saw some students already cooking with fire woods instead of gas due to the increasing prices.

They go to the bush in the school, either around the school zoo or the botany garden to gather firewoods and then cook at the back of the hostel.

Some just use it to parboil their beans before taking it to the hostel to complete the cooking with their gas.

Honestly, there's suffering in the land. In my school hostel, electric burner is not permitted but most students are using it because of the price of gas.

Even Christian brothers that will obey the rules, some are breaking the rules because of this hardship.

Sometimes I imagine what people on the streets will be going through right now especially those beggars.

God will help us.

For those wondering, I'm a student. And I think most students can testify that they are making heavy changes to their lifestyle right now.

If you have a child in school, please do call to check up on them regularly. Send them anything you can spare. E no easy right now.

Giving up coke and bread is not a loss.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Customised3(f): 1:00pm On Feb 26
Okay
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by davibid: 1:01pm On Feb 26
Risingblue008:
For my side
Madiga don replace bread
And let me advice u

e get why

One thing is sure the person who invented garri will heaven.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Ulogwe1: 1:02pm On Feb 26
Risingblue008:
For my side
Madiga don replace bread
And let me advice u

e get why

grin grin grin with garri at home. #200 will do you for the night

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by StraightGaay: 1:02pm On Feb 26
Cantonese:
Please try garri, ekpa, ice water and sugar.

Garri - 200
ekpa - 100
Ice water - free
Sugar - 50

Total 350.
What the f.ck is expa

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Greenback: 1:03pm On Feb 26
Now I no longer make complete okro soup o...I make lots of stew then buy and boil the okro separately...from the stew, i mix the okro..from the same stew,i eat rice,bread and fried potatoes and plantain.... Are you feeling me somebody 😁

And boiled okro doesn't get soured as long as you keep heating it morning and evening...
grin

10 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by ImoleNaija: 1:04pm On Feb 26
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by paskal16: 1:05pm On Feb 26
Yorubas will tell you thieffnubu is doing well
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Greenback: 1:06pm On Feb 26
StraightGaay:
What the f.ck is expa
Groundnut

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by rollywise(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
Yesterday, I told my wife and kid that the last carton of indomie noodles I grudgingly bought 2wks ago for N11,000 would be the very last in my house. Women being women, just this morning, my wife was asking me if I really meant it and wouldn't get them even if na half carton if the one at home finishes. The bombastic side eye I gave her was enough to remind her that I'm just a level 11 FG worker trying to stay afloat.

😂 😂 It's the eye for me. I gave mine such look before leaving the house after she gave me a long list this morning
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Nealson(m): 1:06pm On Feb 26
Wahala, honestly this is not something funny o as for me, I gave up on rice though not totally, I gave up on spaghetti and noodles, I gave up on fresh fish like guy man just have to stick to stock fish for the time being, I gave up on some kind of soup like, vegetables with those red prawns, okro with all the orisirisi somethings a typical Yoruba people will understand that, I give up meat and inside meat.... Wó the list long I swear..... Make my keyboard rest here....

Please o don't forget to give me your house artwork/p.o.p Installations that is my profession

Check out my Instagram page nealson_official
Or chat me up on WhatsApp

Ẹse púpọ̀ púpọ̀, daalu, nagode, woru, gracias, obrigado, là bonga... grin grin grin grin grin

Oyaaaaah is pleeeeeenty!

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:07pm On Feb 26
I thank God I japaed when I did.My own be say mk my sister finish school.I thank God i can send her better money every month.I really feel for my fellow Nigerians.Reading all these suffering news deh make me sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Quebec91(m): 1:07pm On Feb 26
cheesy
Nadingo:
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by livebullet(m): 1:08pm On Feb 26
Printme1:
Things are really really getting pricey and to be sincere it seems the prices are increasing every single day.

Last time, I bought a bag of pure water for N300. The next I want to buy the same bag of pure water, it was N350.

That's where I stopped buying. I was already struggling with the N350 per bag. But N500?

So now I drink from the borehole. After all others have been drinking from there and nothing do them.

Bread
Normally, bread of N200 and coke will be enough to sustain you for the day or maybe for the night.

I do it this very often.

But now eh, I can't even go close to bread again. The prices are something else.

I mean the last time I tried it, only 1k bread will make sense and honestly I can't be spending that much in a sitting all the time.

So, I'm stuck with cooking regular foods now. And I tend to get most of my food stuffs from the village "yam, beans, garri, rice".

We farm these things so we tend to have them in stock. But sometimes you still need to sell.

I saw some students already cooking with fire woods instead of gas due to the increasing prices.

They go to the bush in the school, either around the school zoo or the botany garden to gather firewoods and then cook at the back of the hostel.

Some just use it to parboil their beans before taking it to the hostel to complete the cooking with their gas.

Honestly, there's suffering in the land. In my school hostel, electric burner is not permitted but most students are using it because of the price of gas.

Even Christian brothers that will obey the rules, some are breaking the rules because of this hardship.

Sometimes I imagine what people on the streets will be going through right now especially those beggars.

God will help us.

For those wondering, I'm a student. And I think most students can testify that they are making heavy changes to their lifestyle right now.

If you have a child in school, please do call to check up on them regularly. Send them anything you can spare. E no easy right now.

But 90% of students are Yahoo na
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by fineboynl(m): 1:08pm On Feb 26
Lol. All the beer parlor and hotel workers now sleep in the bar and hotel 6 days a week. Imagine a situation where ,1k - 2k transport daily on a salary of 15k

I haven't really cut anything in my life. We warned Nigeria about the Muslim Muslim tickets and tinubu in question.

There is no more middle class in Nigeria anymore. You are either rich or poor.

The worst part is that the inflation is not a one time thing. It just keep spiraling every seconds.

It's better to buy something with that money in your account than to leave the money there. And do not borrow money to anyone at this time. Because if they didn't pay back on time you have lost some value.

It's better to stock on food because that food stuff will keep appropriating

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Roger3D(m): 1:09pm On Feb 26
Printme1:

Bread

I do it this very often.

God will help us.

Please make sure that you boil the borehole water before you drink otherwise the cholera could kill you in hours
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Glistinin(m): 1:09pm On Feb 26
I am in awe that you can be this wise and articulating!
I thought you say only foolish things in here.
pocohantas:
I give up nothing. At first I tried cutting cost. Used one useless dishwash that peeled my fine skin. Last last I ran back to Morning Fresh.

I just thank God I took the hard decision to focus on remote work and a harder decision to resign my 9to5. My colleagues discouraged and scared me. I don't blame them. It was all genuine concern. But I did what I had to do.

A week back one of them asked me for electricity units and I told her to send her meter number. Recharged 20k for her and she was so happy. Mentally it was $12 to me. To her it was 20k.

For this life, you have to use your active years VERY WISELY. This youthful vigour won't be there forever.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Quebec91(m): 1:10pm On Feb 26
cheesy
inoki247:
Lol I don abandon anything wey involve Cement for now.....

Na only food I face for now...
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by FinidiGeorge: 1:11pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:
I give up nothing. At first I tried cutting cost. Used one useless dishwash that peeled my fine skin. Last last I ran back to Morning Fresh.

Aunty, please check your dm... Na abt the remote work.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by RepoMan007: 1:12pm On Feb 26
Risingblue008:
For my side
Madiga don replace bread
And let me advice u

e get why

Garri of na a days be like bleached saw dust. E purge me las time. I can't fit to be able to come and go and wound myself.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Glistinin(m): 1:12pm On Feb 26
That energy you will use in managing things, use it to find ways to earn more because it's more beneficial on the long run than managing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by DenreleDave(m): 1:13pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:

Poco, which remote job is that?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by motayoayinde: 1:13pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:

The "level 11" part gave you away!

There's no such thing in the Nigerian civil service.

Na from 10 to 12 straight.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by rapheal5(m): 1:14pm On Feb 26
dimexy247:
Sorry bro. This government was forced upon us.

Thunder fire all eyinlokan’s family.
Just shut up, send your thunder to the Inec and the judiciary system, no be all yoruba voted for Bats and obi ain't saint either....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Cenbank Sells $100m As Naira Pulls Back From Record Low - Bloomberg / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike / Recharge Card Printing Business; How Viable Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.