Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price (28257 Views)

How Many Of You Have Given Up On Online Money Making? / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Printme1: 11:44am On Feb 26
Things are really really getting pricey and to be sincere it seems the prices are increasing every single day.

Last time, I bought a bag of pure water for N300. The next I want to buy the same bag of pure water, it was N350.

I sha still bought it like that.

3 days later, they announced the new price, N500!

That's where I stopped buying. I was already struggling with the N350 per bag. But N500?

So now I drink from the borehole. After all others have been drinking from there and nothing do them.

Bread
Normally, bread of N200 and coke will be enough to sustain you for the day or maybe for the night.

I do it this very often.

But now eh, I can't even go close to bread again. The prices are something else.

I mean the last time I tried it, only 1k bread will make sense and honestly I can't be spending that much in a sitting all the time.

So I've left bread behind.

Same thing with noodles and spaghetti.

So, I'm stuck with cooking regular foods now. And I tend to get most of my food stuffs from the village "yam, beans, garri, rice".

We farm these things so we tend to have them in stock. But sometimes you still need to sell.

I saw some students already cooking with fire woods instead of gas due to the increasing prices.

They go to the bush in the school, either around the school zoo or the botany garden to gather firewoods and then cook at the back of the hostel.

Some just use it to parboil their beans before taking it to the hostel to complete the cooking with their gas.

Honestly, there's suffering in the land. In my school hostel, electric burner is not permitted but most students are using it because of the price of gas.

Even Christian brothers that will obey the rules, some are breaking the rules because of this hardship.

Sometimes I imagine what people on the streets will be going through right now especially those beggars.

God will help us.

For those wondering, I'm a student. And I think most students can testify that they are making heavy changes to their lifestyle right now.

If you have a child in school, please do call to check up on them regularly. Send them anything you can spare. E no easy right now.

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Chrisrare: 12:30pm On Feb 26
Well at least you've learnt management skills you never thought you had.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Nadingo: 12:50pm On Feb 26
Yesterday, I told my wife and kid that the last carton of indomie noodles I grudgingly bought 2wks ago for N11,000 would be the very last in my house. Women being women, just this morning, my wife was asking me if I really meant it and wouldn't get them even if na half carton if the one at home finishes. The bombastic side eye I gave her was enough to remind her that I'm just a level 11 FG worker trying to stay afloat.

274 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Risingblue008(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26
For my side
Madiga don replace bread
And let me advice u

No matter how broke u are

ALWAYS GET GARRI FOR HOUSE NO MATTER HOW

e get why

U go smile and thank me later

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by dimexy247(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26
Sorry bro. This government was forced upon us.

Thunder fire all eyinlokan’s family.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by owiko(m): 12:50pm On Feb 26
A large number of people still keeping up with their food cravings/choices are doing so at the expense of savings. E no just eazy at all...

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by YINKS89(m): 12:51pm On Feb 26
If I start to state my own , the list is just endless.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by pocohantas(f): 12:51pm On Feb 26
I give up nothing. At first I tried cutting cost. Used one useless dishwash that peeled my fine skin. Last last I ran back to Morning Fresh.

I just thank God I took the hard decision to focus on remote work and a harder decision to resign my 9to5. My colleagues discouraged and scared me. I don't blame them. It was all genuine concern. But I did what I had to do.

A week back one of them asked me for electricity units and I told her to send her meter number. Recharged 20k for her and she was so happy. Mentally it was $12 to me. To her it was 20k.

For this life, you have to use your active years VERY WISELY. This youthful vigour won't be there forever.

252 Likes 28 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by JustPowerApps(m): 12:51pm On Feb 26
The way the economy of Emilokan is going, you sure say you no go add Garri to the list like this?

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by nstore: 12:51pm On Feb 26
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by richeeyo(m): 12:51pm On Feb 26
I bake my own bread and cake
But gas Don high

19 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Godfullsam(m): 12:51pm On Feb 26
It shall be well in Jesus name.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by benuejosh: 12:51pm On Feb 26
To those who take Alcohol.

Alcohol should be eliminated

Hero Beer and other beers should be boycotted.

19 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Dangrace01: 12:51pm On Feb 26
Omo
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by iCauseTrouble: 12:51pm On Feb 26
grin
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Eriokanmi: 12:51pm On Feb 26
Buhari came in 2015 and unleashed hardship on Nigerians. He said we should be patient with him as things would soon get better. He increased pump price the first time and Lai Muhammed said...change begins with us that we should endure. Nobody protested with the hope the change agenda would truly work. Tinubu was the party's national leader.

As if that wasn't enough, he increased the price again and said our refineries would soon come on stream and nigerians should allow him spend 2bn usd to revamp the moribund refineries, under a TAM arrangement. Timipre silva came on air to beg . Nobody protested and today, it's change promax.

Now Tinubu came under same party with his usual sweet mouth, with which he brought Buhari into power in 2015. He said subsidy is gone, floating of naira must take effect now...and we should endure the hardship while it lasts.
He said the hardship is for a short while, after which things would get better grin.

Dear Nigerians, shey won fi oogun de yin molę ni grin grin. We're so daft in this country sorry to say. The suffering will only continue. You got what you paid for so, enjoy it while it lasts.

I do sincerely pray for a better and prosperous Nigeria but not under these liars playing opposition under same party, blaming the failure of buhari which they jointly inherited and contributed to, as the cause of the current situations. My concern is the innocent, who are paying the price of some people's stupidity.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by meum: 12:51pm On Feb 26
Naija Breweries product

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Cantonese: 12:51pm On Feb 26
Please try garri, ekpa, ice water and sugar.

Garri - 200
ekpa - 100
Ice water - free
Sugar - 50

Total 350.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Iseoluwani: 12:52pm On Feb 26
Nigeria jaga jaga
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Offpoint1: 12:52pm On Feb 26
grin The only thing we've not given up on is "The Ghost"

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by In2systemsTech(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26
Una don vote Tinubu make Una enjoy him ooo

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by inoki247: 12:52pm On Feb 26
Lol I don abandon anything wey involve Cement for now.....

Na only food I face for now...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Nyanabo(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26
Nice. I'm also thinking of not buying bag of pure water. I only buy pure because it easy to just pick one and drink rather than filling bottles from the filter and stocking them inside the fridge. It's stressful.

The compound where I live the water is good and treated omo buying bag of pure every 2 days for 500 is not for me again abeg. 😂

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by holuwhagbenga(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26
Emi ni maa payin tongue[img][/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Emma1Oj(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26
The thunder that will fire Tinubu, his supporters and Inec chairman is till doing press up.

Their lives will bend backwards till it brakes.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by JustPowerApps(m): 12:53pm On Feb 26
Cantonese:
Please try garri, ekpa, ice water and sugar.

Even water no dey ice again cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Haydens: 12:53pm On Feb 26
Even teachers wey dey teach balance diet to school children don dey drink garr.

This is Tinubu's baby step grin grin.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by umpire1st(m): 12:53pm On Feb 26
Brah the noodles and water is something I can't stop buying bcuz that's the only thing I've time to cook... But I seriously wish I could
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by bigcasava1(m): 12:54pm On Feb 26
With my five children how do I survive

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by ImoleNaija: 12:54pm On Feb 26
E choke these days.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Rayd502(m): 12:55pm On Feb 26
Don't compromise your health by drinking Borehole water.Ensure you boil before drinking.

Typhoid is now expensive to treat now.

31 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Cenbank Sells $100m As Naira Pulls Back From Record Low - Bloomberg / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike / SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.