Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price (28268 Views)

How Many Of You Have Given Up On Online Money Making? / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Tinyemeka(m): 2:05pm On Feb 26
But I don't still understand why people are complaining to be honest o.

During the campaigns, the person currently serving as president did indicate that the common meals of the people were bread, cassava and agbado, which he was going to make available.

The other contestant was promoting the idea of economic growth by moving the country from the status of a consumer to a producer.

In the end, some people decided that bread, cassava and agbado was preferable to national economic growth.

So I still don't get why people are complaining. undecided

If there's any sympathy to be shown, I think it would rather be for those who voted for the contestant that was promoting economic development through production. Edo state readily comes to mind. At least the people of the South-East had already foretold what was to come.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by OLamylove: 2:10pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:
I give up nothing. At first I tried cutting cost. Used one useless dishwash that peeled my fine skin. Last last I ran back to Morning Fresh.

I just thank God I took the hard decision to focus on remote work and a harder decision to resign my 9to5. My colleagues discouraged and scared me. I don't blame them. It was all genuine concern. But I did what I had to do.

A week back one of them asked me for electricity units and I told her to send her meter number. Recharged 20k for her and she was so happy. Mentally it was $12 to me. To her it was 20k.

For this life, you have to use your active years VERY WISELY. This youthful vigour won't be there forever.
Please how can I become a remote worker
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Cantonese: 2:17pm On Feb 26
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Is that what he should be eating everyday? Nawa

No be as im money reach? I advise am well na. No be as e plan im life reach?
Or maybe if symptoms persist he can add agbado to it and see how far.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by motayoayinde: 2:20pm On Feb 26
Scholace:
even at State level or only federal?

All levels.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Tunde25(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26
Cantonese:
Please try garri, ekpa, ice water and sugar.

Garri - 200
ekpa - 100
Ice water - free
Sugar - 50

Total 350.

*epa not ekpa

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by GodThankYou: 2:22pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:
I give up nothing. At first I tried cutting cost. Used one useless dishwash that peeled my fine skin. Last last I ran back to Morning Fresh.

I just thank God I took the hard decision to focus on remote work and a harder decision to resign my 9to5. My colleagues discouraged and scared me. I don't blame them. It was all genuine concern. But I did what I had to do.

A week back one of them asked me for electricity units and I told her to send her meter number. Recharged 20k for her and she was so happy. Mentally it was $12 to me. To her it was 20k.

For this life, you have to use your active years VERY WISELY. This youthful vigour won't be there forever.
Pocahontas come and teach me to make this dollars Na... Abeggg
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Maobichek: 2:22pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
Yesterday, I told my wife and kid that the last carton of indomie noodles I grudgingly bought 2wks ago for N11,000 would be the very last in my house. Women being women, just this morning, my wife was asking me if I really meant it and wouldn't get them even if na half carton if the one at home finishes. The bombastic side eye I gave her was enough to remind her that I'm just a level 11 FG worker trying to stay afloat.

Please don't transfer aggression to your wife, i believe that she is a good wife, just sit her down and talk to her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Honestey: 2:23pm On Feb 26
Printme1:
Things are really really getting pricey and to be sincere it seems the prices are increasing every single day.

Last time, I bought a bag of pure water for N300. The next I want to buy the same bag of pure water, it was N350.

I sha still bought it like that.

3 days later, they announced the new price, N500!

That's where I stopped buying. I was already struggling with the N350 per bag. But N500?

So now I drink from the borehole. After all others have been drinking from there and nothing do them.

Bread
Normally, bread of N200 and coke will be enough to sustain you for the day or maybe for the night.

I do it this very often.

But now eh, I can't even go close to bread again. The prices are something else.

I mean the last time I tried it, only 1k bread will make sense and honestly I can't be spending that much in a sitting all the time.

So I've left bread behind.

Same thing with noodles and spaghetti.

So, I'm stuck with cooking regular foods now. And I tend to get most of my food stuffs from the village "yam, beans, garri, rice".

We farm these things so we tend to have them in stock. But sometimes you still need to sell.

I saw some students already cooking with fire woods instead of gas due to the increasing prices.

They go to the bush in the school, either around the school zoo or the botany garden to gather firewoods and then cook at the back of the hostel.

Some just use it to parboil their beans before taking it to the hostel to complete the cooking with their gas.

Honestly, there's suffering in the land. In my school hostel, electric burner is not permitted but most students are using it because of the price of gas.

Even Christian brothers that will obey the rules, some are breaking the rules because of this hardship.

Sometimes I imagine what people on the streets will be going through right now especially those beggars.

God will help us.

For those wondering, I'm a student. And I think most students can testify that they are making heavy changes to their lifestyle right now.

If you have a child in school, please do call to check up on them regularly. Send them anything you can spare. E no easy right now.

The positive side of Tinubu policies is becoming far better than the negative side. Imagine someone becoming Associate Prof of Home Economics without studying the course. Congratulations sir

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Cantonese: 2:24pm On Feb 26
Tunde25:

*epa not ekpa

Ahh
Is that your own three square meals too?
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by freemi(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26
Printme1:
Things are really really getting pricey and to be sincere it seems the prices are increasing every single day.

Last time, I bought a bag of pure water for N300. The next I want to buy the same bag of pure water, it was N350.

That's where I stopped buying. I was already struggling with the N350 per bag. But N500?

So now I drink from the borehole. After all others have been drinking from there and nothing do them.

Bread
Normally, bread of N200 and coke will be enough to sustain you for the day or maybe for the night.

I do it this very often.

But now eh, I can't even go close to bread again. The prices are something else.

I mean the last time I tried it, only 1k bread will make sense and honestly I can't be spending that much in a sitting all the time.

So, I'm stuck with cooking regular foods now. And I tend to get most of my food stuffs from the village "yam, beans, garri, rice".

We farm these things so we tend to have them in stock. But sometimes you still need to sell.

I saw some students already cooking with fire woods instead of gas due to the increasing prices.

They go to the bush in the school, either around the school zoo or the botany garden to gather firewoods and then cook at the back of the hostel.

Some just use it to parboil their beans before taking it to the hostel to complete the cooking with their gas.

Honestly, there's suffering in the land. In my school hostel, electric burner is not permitted but most students are using it because of the price of gas.

Even Christian brothers that will obey the rules, some are breaking the rules because of this hardship.

Sometimes I imagine what people on the streets will be going through right now especially those beggars.

God will help us.

For those wondering, I'm a student. And I think most students can testify that they are making heavy changes to their lifestyle right now.

If you have a child in school, please do call to check up on them regularly. Send them anything you can spare. E no easy right now.
do listing when writing next time. I mean 1,2,3,...5
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Thomthom(m): 2:30pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
Yesterday, I told my wife and kid that the last carton of indomie noodles I grudgingly bought 2wks ago for N11,000 would be the very last in my house. Women being women, just this morning, my wife was asking me if I really meant it and wouldn't get them even if na half carton if the one at home finishes. The bombastic side eye I gave her was enough to remind her that I'm just a level 11 FG worker trying to stay afloat.
Bros you don over try it's 11k500 here
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by bitbillionaire: 2:31pm On Feb 26
pocohantas:

I wish this message would sink into the head of the youths especially.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Dafresh: 2:33pm On Feb 26
bigcasava1:
With my five children how do I survive
Send the male make dem go do boi boi
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by StraightGaay: 2:43pm On Feb 26
Greenback:

Groundnut
Oh! Damn men.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Nadingo: 2:43pm On Feb 26
zedegit:

I hope you no go give am bele again because your Bombastic side eye no go cure hunger.
Omo as this country dey I don finish birthing kids be that oo

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by KillingJoke: 2:44pm On Feb 26
The only thing I've given up is my sleep routine

Food no be problem for me

Infact food day chop my money nowadays, might resort to stealing from big restaurants
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Nadingo: 2:45pm On Feb 26
DARLINGTON869:

My brother....no kill yourself abeg. Instead of noodles that don't add any nutritional value, use the 11k to buy Eight tubers of yam or get Beans. These are far much better. I and my brother have decided that instead of spending 1500 weekly on sachet water, we now resort to fetching drinking water from a nearby pure water factory borehole.
Meruwa here charges 500 naira per truck of water. Me, I have decided to be fetching my water ooo. I cannot kill myself. As for transportation, any movement that is not worth it or will not being money to my pocket, I avoid it like ebola. If the person serious, make e come my house. grin
I swear bro. Good thing is I stay in the North. That 11k fit get me more than 20 big tubers of yam
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Omoluabi16(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26
In the midst of all this, just make sure you do the needful maintain your hygiene..eating the right food. If others no react with borehole water, your own body might react very bad. Panadol lasan don enter #500, how much then to treat typhoid and malaria? God will provide.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Ladoja19: 2:49pm On Feb 26
Well,
I'm ok with ur write up
But , in civil service rules
I can't find Grade level 11
Nadingo:

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by MrBroke(m): 2:55pm On Feb 26
Risingblue008:
For my side
Madiga don replace bread
And let me advice u

No matter how broke u are

ALWAYS GET GARRI FOR HOUSE NO MATTER HOW

e get why

U go smile and thank me later

I no dey drink or swallow garri grin
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Nadingo: 2:55pm On Feb 26
motayoayinde:

The "level 11" part gave you away!

There's no such thing in the Nigerian civil service.

Na from 10 to 12 straight.
You're a joker. Federal workers have different salary scales. While CONPSS doesn't have level 11, others like CONTISS, CONRAISS and CONTEDISS have it. So you should've asked on which salary scale I am on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Nadingo: 3:02pm On Feb 26
Ladoja19:
Well,
I'm ok with ur write up
But , in civil service rules
I can't find Grade level 11
Do you know that Federal workers have different salary scales? While mainstream civil service on CONPSS do not have level 11, we FTI workers on CONTISS and CONTEDISS have level 11. Even research and allied institutes on CONRAISS have level 11.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Mayeldah(m): 3:16pm On Feb 26
For now, I have stopped purchase of carton of Indomie, I can't cough out 16,500 just for a carton of Superpack indomie

what I bought 9,500 last month.

My Children has been briefed. Everyone will adjust to other meals till further notice
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by AngelicBeing: 3:19pm On Feb 26
Parrot69:

Why not add 6 more to form National Team undecided
Hahaha 🤣, or give him this gif.

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by harmargedon: 3:39pm On Feb 26
Nyanabo:
Nice. I'm also thinking of not buying bag of pure water. I only buy pure because it easy to just pick one and drink rather than filling bottles from the filter and stocking them inside the fridge. It's stressful.

The compound where I live the water is good and treated omo buying bag of pure every 2 days for 500 is not for me again abeg. 😂
but half set us still sold for 1k. Most of this price increment is done by people. We're just evil to ourselves.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Karleb(m): 3:43pm On Feb 26
You people that are stylishly enforcing 001 on your kids. God will judge you o.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by jacoik(m): 3:51pm On Feb 26
benuejosh:
To those who take Alcohol.

Alcohol should be eliminated

Hero Beer and other beers should be boycotted.
i went to beer parlour last and was told that my darling legend is now 1k per bottle, since then if i see legend, it look as if i see sniper poison

1 Like

Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Lekan239(m): 3:59pm On Feb 26
Nadingo:
they are gradually adjust sachet water to 50naira in my area, I would never buy it again.... when I have borehole in my ous...

Nigerians are busy adjusting too situation..... any goods that is an option too leaving basic life should be snub.... Cement is 13k people are still buying, is it buy force too build ous this period
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by 1Alex: 4:02pm On Feb 26
Cantonese:
Please try garri, ekpa, ice water and sugar.

Garri - 200
ekpa - 100
Ice water - free
Sugar - 50

Total 350.
how many times a day.?
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by Ginomel(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26
Aaaaarghmed:
I thank God I japaed when I did.My own be say mk my sister finish school.I thank God i can send her better money every month.I really feel for my fellow Nigerians.Reading all these suffering news deh make me sad

Suffering has different outlook. Let's not talk about abroad perspective .It has its own demerits and type of suffering too
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by merits(m): 4:38pm On Feb 26
Printme1:

Bread

I do it this very often.

God will help us.

Unfortunately we didn't experience this in MARS that I am is good to be in Mars everything is free here.Just think of anything you wish to eat it appears in your front and when you finished eating the plates vanished on its own.
Re: 5 Things I Have Given Up Due To The Increasing Price by clockwisereport: 5:17pm On Feb 26
Anguldi:
Level 11 FG worker
i think say na only me notice am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike / Best Logistics Companies To Use For Mini Importation Biz / PAYONEER: Why I Stopped Using Payoneer & What I Use Now. Wise.com + Crypto.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.