Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption (1572 Views)

Am Going To Lose My Life This Hardship Is Killing Me / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR / Just Lost My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 12:46pm On Feb 26
I started a remote job this month with a pay of 30k. It has not been easy but I’ve managed to survive largely due to the advance payment that I’ve been collecting from my understanding boss.

Just few days to the end of the month, I’ve been dealt a devastating blow that has put my job in serious jeopardy. My work laptop which is even borrowed fell and the screen broke, going blank instantly. I don’t know where to start from as I don’t have a dime on me. A tech guy that I asked said the laptop screen would cost me $40 minus workmanship. I spoke to my boss but he said his hands are tied because laptop is a requirement for the job.

Please I plead on the good people of nairaland to help me save my job. Everyone that I have asked have had one excuse or the other to give so this is my last resort. I am open to any sort of verification.

Modified:
So I took the PC to another technician and he quoted 47k for the replacement of the screen.

2 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by slimjohn2k5: 12:52pm On Feb 26
Use ur TV screen or buy a cheap monitor.
Money no dey naija now

5 Likes

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 12:55pm On Feb 26
slimjohn2k5:
Use ur TV screen or buy a cheap monitor.
Money no dey naija now
I don’t have TV sir
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Horerku(m): 2:38pm On Feb 26
So sorry brother, but i won't mind if you can help me with how to get a remote job too. I have a laptop

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by WantsandMore: 4:33pm On Feb 26
If you're in Lagos get ds tokunbo 17" monitor for 8k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 5:18pm On Feb 26
Horerku:
So sorry brother, but i won't mind if you can help me with how to get a remote job too. I have a laptop
It's someone that actually referred me to the job, I will ask my boss if he needs workers, I'm a sis by the way.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 5:19pm On Feb 26
WantsandMore:
If you're in Lagos get ds tokunbo 17" monitor for 8k
Where is the shop and can I see the monitor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by WantsandMore: 8:22pm On Feb 26
Doolove:

Where is the shop and can I see the monitor?
Toyota ladipo mushin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 8:48pm On Feb 26
WantsandMore:
Toyota ladipo mushin.
Thanks for your contribution but I'm not based in Lagos.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by YorubaKing: 11:39pm On Feb 26
Horerku:

Chai! Nigerians sha...

So cuz you own a laptop, you now want OP to refer you to the job while his role is in jeopardy. cheesy

So they can give you his job, abi? cheesy

Baba, you're MADDD! angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Adunn1ade(f): 11:44pm On Feb 26
How much in naira to fix the laptop?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 11:54pm On Feb 26
Adunn1ade:
How much in naira to fix the laptop?
I'm will take it to another technician and revert ma.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Adunn1ade(f): 12:25am On Feb 27
Doolove:

I'm will take it to another technician and revert ma.

OK, let me know.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by master69(m): 7:45am On Feb 27
Sorry for the mistake.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Aesthetical: 12:22pm On Feb 27
Where are you located ?
If you are in Ekiti I have a monitor I’m not using and I can also give you one of my pc till you fixed yours
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 2:54pm On Feb 27
Aesthetical:
Where are you located ?
If you are in Ekiti I have a monitor I’m not using and I can also give you one of my pc till you fixed yours
I'm actually in makurdi Benue stage so I don't know how we can go about it.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 2:55pm On Feb 27
Adunn1ade:

OK, let me know.
Good afternoon ma, I just came back from seeing another technician and he quoted 47k for the replacement of the screen.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by SoNature(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27
How can a laptop fail and its screen broken?

Are you that careless or are you a baby?

The way my father raised us, if you tell him something like this, he will slap you and tell you that there are mistakes that an adult shouldn't make. Thank God for that man...there are mistakes I cannot make today.

Sorry about your ordeal though. May you see a helper!
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Adunn1ade(f): 4:12pm On Feb 27
[quote author=Doolove post=128674074]
Good afternoon ma, I just came back from seeing another technician and he quoted 47k for the replacement of the screen.[/quot

Oh my, I only have 20k to give you. Where are you going to get the balance from?
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 5:14pm On Feb 27
[quote author=Adunn1ade post=128675469][/quote]
I will pay it in as advance payment while I still struggle for the rest.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Adunn1ade(f): 5:25pm On Feb 27
[quote author=Doolove post=128676547]
I will pay it in as advance payment while I still struggle
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 5:31pm On Feb 27
Adunn1ade:

Ok, send your acct number to
Thanks a lot, I will do that just now. My mail is Anbiandoojennifer093@gmail in case an imposter reaches you before me.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Adunn1ade(f): 5:51pm On Feb 27
Doolove:

Thanks a lot, I will do that just now. My mail is Anbiandoojennifer093@gmail in case an imposter reaches you before me.

Ok. Seen. Can you please modify the message? Help to delete my email address. Thanks
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Doolove: 5:52pm On Feb 27
Adunn1ade:

Ok. Seen. Can you please modify the message? Help to delete my email address. Thanks
Alright
Done
I just received the alert ma.
Thanks you so much, I really appreciate your kind gesture🙏🏻🙏🏻
God bless.
Re: I Am About To Lose My Job Less Than A Month After Resumption by Gbengageorge: 12:08pm On Mar 07
call this number 08035714226 in Ikeja and ask for the price, and take the screen to an engineer that will fix for you

(1) (Reply)

Computer / Haliburton Application / I Thought It Was A Joke But Its Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.