Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December (12902 Views)

Jim Obazee Requests Over N2 Billion From CBN Governor, Officials Concerned / Jim Obazee Uncovers Fresh N3trillion COVID Loans & Others Mismanaged By Emefiele / Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by ogugwa1992: 2:06pm On Feb 26
News Direct has obtained a leaked memo President Bola Ahmed Tinubu wrote on November 29 2023, directing the Jim Obazee-led committee to conclude their investigation and submit the final report on or before Friday, December 1, 2023.

President Tinubu appointed Obazee as a Special Investigator to probe the activities of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in July 2023.

At the time, Tinubu said the appointment of Obazee, relying on the fundamental objective outlined in Section 15(5) of the Nigerian constitution, was in furtherance of his administration’s anti-corruption fight.

Obazee was also mandated to report directly to the president.

The letter from President Tinubu emphasized the urgency of finalizing the investigation within the given timeframe.

Recall that Daily Nigerian had reported that despite the committee’s disbandment, Obazee has continued its duties in what appears to be an unconstitutional manner, well beyond the specified date for concluding its work.

In the letter titled: ‘Expeditious conclusion of the Special Investigation into the Operations of the Central Bank of Nigeria’, the President stated:’

“Sequel to your appointment in July 2023, as Special Investigator to investigate the Central Bank of Nigeria and Related Entities, I have taken note of your efforts and appreciate your dedication.

“I am confident in the impartiality and thoroughness of your investigation. I thank you for upholding the principles that underpin our nation’s financial system.

“However, there is need to conclude this investigation expeditiously to enable the leadership of the Central Bank carry on its vibrant reforms.

“The findings of this inquiry will not only contribute to the immediate corrective actions needed but will also provide invaluable insights for enhancing the Bank’s operations and corporate governance.

“You are, therefore, required to submit your final report to be on or before Friday, December 1, 2023, for consideration and implementation.

“I trust that the conclusion of this investigation will pave the way for robust and effective Central Bank, aligning with our shared vision for economic stability and growth.”

https://newsdirect.ng/exclusive-leaked-memo-shows-tinubu-disbanded-jim-obazee-led-committee-in-december-2023/

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Amayanabo01: 2:12pm On Feb 26
Bayo onanuga who leaked this memo?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Deziwealth: 2:21pm On Feb 26
The pain went straight to AfghanEASTn grin

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Kingpele(m): 2:22pm On Feb 26
Wow tinubu is teaching the whole nation a lesson the hard way ...Next election if Nigeria will be better we need to elect the best among the contestants...not based on tribe and religion...indeed igbo is the richest tribe in Africa..yesterday I just drove around town with my doctor friend and we saw how people were still spending money all over the joints we saw ...I was very surprised...I said to my friend are we still in this country everybody is complaining of hunger....indeed ronu people are teaching igbo lesson on how not to trust FG...

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by airsaylongcome: 2:22pm On Feb 26
Even "Restricted" document dey leak. I hope the leakers are taking all precaution in cleaning the files of identifiable information before leaking o. Cos Treason charge is very hard to fight o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by LegendHero(m): 2:22pm On Feb 26
This is not a leaked memo. Not everything is leaked.

I am sure NSA themselves revealed it to redirect discource about people thinking Ribadu is witchhunting Obaze.

If his tenure already ended last year, then he should not continue to go on witn his intervention. That is what NSA was saying.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by bigdammyj: 2:23pm On Feb 26
Noted.
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by HowardWolowitz: 2:23pm On Feb 26
I
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by nurric(m): 2:23pm On Feb 26
Nigeria is leaking, every where is leaking..

3 Likes

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Risingblue008(m): 2:24pm On Feb 26
Thieves

1 Like

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by magoo10(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26
Can the sycophants supporting this government see that the people they defend are not sincere.
Suddenly they have turned against obazee who have been giving them informations against emefiele.
Emefiele in other to save his neck have released identities of the real culprits behind Nigeria's economic woes and coward bulaba cannot afford to step on their toes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Dangrace01: 2:25pm On Feb 26
Omo
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Orissodiq: 2:27pm On Feb 26
Operation LEAK LEAK
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by israelmao(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26
APC is full of contradictions.

2 Likes

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Kaa4(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26
The way documents are leaking in high places, Tinubu's bedroom is not safe o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by EmiloCorn: 2:44pm On Feb 26
Deziwealth:

Tinubu openly set up a committee and dashed them blank cheque to go to any lengths to trace and expose the culprits behind the rot in CBN which is why we are shouting ebi pawa in our lagos.

He later quietly shut down that same committee behind the scenes without letting anybody know the outcome of its findings.

You got to find out 6 months later . . . and your happiness is that it is going to pain only the igbos?

abeg nairalanders, is it that I'm truly having comprehension problems in this my old age or are some Nigerians really with this kind of mentality? undecided

Edit:

Don't worry I've gone through his profile. He's my brother. Just that the corn he is chewing is the dry roasted type. That one that we were supposed to plant in the next farming season grin

If not that fulani herdsmen have been waiting for us in the farm we would have planted it, and this my brother would have seen fresh boiled corn to eat like me. undecided

Chai! Deziwealth why are you still chewing dry roasted corn 🌽 cry see as all your teeth just dey break commot 😱

12 Likes

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Lanre1st(m): 2:54pm On Feb 26
Hope he is not "Used and Dump". Because reason for Ribadu surmourn him is not clear. Has he did more than requested?

It hard to be loyal to the government
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Chucks13: 2:54pm On Feb 26
Kingpele:
Wow tinubu is teaching the whole nation a lesson the hard way ...Next election if Nigeria will be better we need to elect the best among the contestants...not based on tribe and religion...indeed igbo is the richest tribe in Africa..yesterday I just drove around town with my doctor friend and we saw how people were still spending money all over the joints we saw ...I was very surprised...I said to my friend are we still in this country everybody is complaining of hunger....indeed ronu people are teaching igbo lesson on how not to trust FG...

Which next election? Tinubu will spend 8 years and Ribadu your next President for another 8 years so f u c k to that your delusional best candidate.

We will vote for Tinubu again and again. Take it or leave it. Obi will never rule Nigeria in his lifetime.

Listen and listen good Jonathan will be the last Southern president the vulture in the North will frustrated out of power and disallow to spend 8 years, bro never again.

I remember how Atiku ganged up against Obasanjo from
day-one as vice president if not that Obj was a strong man they almost sacked him.

Same Atiku and his Northern vulture in connection with some South frustrated Jonathan and kicked him out.

Now same Atiku plus his Northern vultures plus the motherfucker called Obi plus those bastards bitch called obidients want to repeat Jonathan saga it won't work, if na curse on Southern Nigeria we have rejected it back to sender. Ok

So biko face front no vacancy in Aso Rock till 2031 whoever not please can go and die.

Shey dem curse una for South ba? This time we have rejected the curse. So plssss and plsss keep quiet.

Una no dey think? Almajiri all the time playing smart on us, haba!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Lanre1st(m): 2:55pm On Feb 26
EmiloCorn:

Tinubu openly set up a committee and dashed them blank cheque to go to any lengths to trace and expose the culprits behind the rot in CBN which is why we are shouting ebi pawa in our lagos.

He later quietly shut down that same committee behind the scenes without letting anybody know the outcome of its findings.

You got to find out 6 months later . . . and your happiness is that it is going to pain only the igbos?

abeg nairalanders, is it that I'm truly having comprehension problems in this my old age or are some Nigerians really with this kind of mentality? undecided
You on nairaland splitting rubbish while your (Fathers) Ndigbo leader are there begging Tinubu for South East Development Commission.

2 Likes

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by 96ACE: 2:57pm On Feb 26
cheesy
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by ClearFlair: 3:00pm On Feb 26
Deziwealth:

Yes, one would think this if one wasn't feeling too okay upstairs
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by EmiloCorn: 3:08pm On Feb 26
Lanre1st:

You on nairaland splitting rubbish while your (Fathers) Ndigbo leader are there begging Tinubu for South East Development Commission.

I don't think igbos need such a commission. I'm sure they would already know its just going to be an avenue to loot and cook propaganda to sway the polity.

Those igbos have been with us for more than 60 years in this our country and they have gotten along just fine without such a commission.

From after effects of the war on them and their homes (making them flee their regions in luxurious bus with nylon daily to end up buying all our uncles properties in lagos, to apparent Marginalization from the government for decades (another pointer to why the need for this commission after all these years) . . .

In short make I no talk too much. All I know is that I must marry an igbo woman cool

2 Likes

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by SpatialKing(m): 3:14pm On Feb 26
Deziwealth:

Yet your people are flogged on a a daily because of 100 naira bread..

They are all over the internet crying for help

3 Likes

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Macphenson: 3:15pm On Feb 26
Chucks13:

Which next election? Tinubu will spend 8 years and Ribadu your next President for another 8 years so f u c k to that your delusional best candidate.

We will vote for Tinubu again and again. Take it or leave it. Obi will never rule Nigeria in his lifetime.

Listen and listen good Jonathan will be the last Southern president the vulture in the North will frustrated out of power and disallow to spend 8 years, bro never again.

I remember how Atiku ganged up against Obasanjo from
day-one as vice president if not that Obj was a strong man they almost sacked him.

Same Atiku and his Northern vulture in connection with some South frustrated Jonathan and kicked him out.

Now same Atiku plus his Northern vultures plus the motherfucker called Obi plus those bastards bitch called obidients want to repeat Jonathan saga it won't work, if na curse on Southern Nigeria we have rejected it back to sender. Ok

So biko face front no vacancy in Aso Rock till 2031 whoever not please can go and die.

Shey dem curse una for South ba? This time we have rejected the curse. So plssss and plsss keep quiet.

Una no dey think? Almajiri all the time playing smart on us, haba!!!

You.mean northeners collided with southern vulture like Tinubu and frustrated jonathan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Lanre1st(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26
EmiloCorn:

I don't think igbos need such a commission. I'm sure they would already know its just going to be an avenue to loot and cook propaganda to sway the polity.

Those igbos have been with us for more than 60 years in this our country and they have gotten along just fine without such a commission.

It is a sort of bribe to silent the SE leaders,
Don't you observe, as bitter as Igbo is to APC, APC is still the major Political party in SE.

Fear igbo, Onahaze has sold their future, leaving their youth as nuisance online

1 Like

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Chucks13: 3:18pm On Feb 26
Macphenson:

You.mean northeners collided with southern vulture like Tinubu and frustrated jonathan?

You are wrong. Listen good ok.
Go back to the begining of Jonathsn problem "it was all started by Amaechi and Timipere" they started Jonathan must go then Baraje from Kwarra joined, Tinubu joined, Okorocha, Ngige, Onu etc joined so stop accusing Tinubu alone for the error.

Jonathan brothers sold him out. Ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Tareq1105: 3:20pm On Feb 26
Kingpele:

Tinubu till 2031.
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by EmiloCorn: 3:20pm On Feb 26
Lanre1st:

It is a sort of bribe to silent the SE leaders,
Don't you observe, as bitter as Igbo is to APC, APC is still the major Political party in SE.

Fear igbo, Onahaze has sold their future, leaving their youth as nuisance online

That's the issue. All these igbos online don't regard their politicians angry they don't even agree for anybody 🙄

They are not like us that have politicians we trust and follow to any extent. Even to hunger, poverty or death. We have leaders and we will always believe in them to do what is right even if we are not understanding exactly what it is they are doing.

That is why we are sufferisticated - sorry I mean sophisticated cheesy
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by wiseoneking: 3:21pm On Feb 26
Deziwealth:
Face your hunger: ebbi pawa. Na your bondage dey rule now. We hate presently witnessing the worst of this contraption called Nigeria and the cry started from sw husband, the north hausasfulani. 8 years must surely pass but itg both zone may not withstand it. Emilokan on FIRE! Lol
Re: Memo Shows Tinubu Disbanded Jim Obazee-Committee In December by Macphenson: 3:21pm On Feb 26
Chucks13:

You are wrong. Listen good ok.
Go back to the begining of Jonathsn problem "it was all started by Amaechi and Timipere" they started Jonathan must go then Baraje from Kwarra joined, Tinubu joined, Okorocha, Ngige Onu joined so stop accusing Tinubu alone for the error.

Jonathan brothers sold him out. Ok.

And Tinubu did not sell him.out?

Who funded the highest protest ever?

Yeye dey smell.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court Sacks Andy Uba From Senate / President Buhari Will Campaign For All Apc Candidates / Buhari Media Circulating Fake Video About Me ― Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.