Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (79406 Views)

Best Gifts For Your Family Under $150 / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge / Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
So who can be the contact person?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by coogar: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
talina:

So who can be the contact person?

seun - the admin should do something about this!
he owns nairaland. some charitable acts shouldn't be above him.
on behalf of the members of his forum, let him set up an account where people who value life can contribute and better the life of this man and his unborn baby.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
coogar:

on behalf of the members of his forum, let him set up an account where people who value life can contribute and better the life of this man and his unborn baby.

This is great! Seun? Could you do this?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 5:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
coogar:

Please, lets not forget the village woman whose child died at that chemist in PH when when its time "to distribute the hampers".

Thanks!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by crackhouse(m): 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

Abi oo. I wonder why people who obviously have no source of livelihood in lagos will remain there when they have houses and are comfortable in their village.
can't u understand?. He was born and brought up in lagos and have not travel home since birth. How do expect him to know his village.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by AfroBlue(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
Give this family credit for trying to keep it together as best as they can.

Two-week-old baby dumped by roadside in Ekiti

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Vn3mdufl_Zs/Tr1b12SeK9I/AAAAAAAADXI/K3WQa3HUvTo/s400/1.jpg[/img]

A baby believed to be about two weeks old was on Tuesday found at roadside on Ekeolere Close by some residents of Moferere area of Ado-Ekiti in Ekiti State.

The residents, who were attracted to the scene by the persistent cry of the baby, told PUNCH METRO that the baby girl was wrapped in a white shawl and was put in a small carton by the roadside close to the residence of a former state chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers.

A resident, Taiwo Abdullahi, said the baby might have been abandoned either late on Monday or early on Tuesday.

She said the residents trooped out very early when a passer-by raised the alarm that a baby had been dumped in the neighbourhood.

Some of the residents told our correspondent that a note suspected to have been written by the baby’s mother was found in the carton.

They said from the note, the baby was born on October 23, 2011.

Good Samaritans, our correspondent gathered, administered first aid on the baby and later gave her glucose to restore her strength.

Some of those who attended to the baby said she was lucky to have survived the harsh condition.

A nurse, who declined to give her name said, “ I wish they could give me the baby to take care of. She is so beautiful. Her mother might have dumped her because of harsh economic condition but that excuse is not good enough.”

The residents said the baby was taken away by a team of policemen who were invited to the scene.

The Commissioner for Women Affairs and Gender Empowerment, Mrs. Fola Richie-Adewusi, told our correspondent that the baby had been taken to the Children’s Home at Iyin-Ekiti.

The commissioner said the baby was already being taken care of by the state government.

Sources at the home said that the baby had been examined by a medical official and was found to be in good condition.

They said she would be given a name at a later date but added that her surname would be Fayemi.

via Punch

http://leyeomole..com/2011/11/two-week-old-baby-dumped-by-roadside-in.html
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Crotalus: 7:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
We are on to something here. Evidently, there are a lot of kind hearted people who are willing to help but for one reason or another cannot do so. I think whatever we do now should go beyond this couple. Cases like this abound. We should set up a fund that will be used to help people like this. i dont believe it is impossible to get this couple a decent apartment and a little money to start a business in time for Christmas. I work for an NGO called CAIV. You can reach me at isaacante@yahoo.com. Lets make this work.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
Crotalus:

We are on to something here. Evidently, there are a lot of kind hearted people who are willing to help but for one reason or another cannot do so. I think whatever we do now should go beyond this couple. Cases like this abound. We should set up a fund that will be used to help people like this. i dont believe it is impossible to get this couple a decent apartment and a little money to start a business in time for Christmas. I work for an NGO called CAIV. You can reach me at isaacante@yahoo.com. Lets make this work.

NGO,lol
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by coogar: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
Crotalus:

we'd rather contact someone we have known on this forum for 5-6 years.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by freshside: 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
what a true love may god remember them one day
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Crotalus: 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
@coogar, Am not saying give me money. I'm saying I get things done. That is my job. Contact here means if you want to match your words with action, lets talk about it. Seriously. I don't have to be the one in charge. The moment this leaves the front page everybody forgets about it. Meanwhile, the poor couple go on suffering. Lets act not bicker.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by hollars(m): 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
i would have loved to volunteer but im currently not in Lagos, if we try other means and it doesn't work. then i can come up with an alternative. I'll also love to contribute, we can make it a christmas gift for this couple. there are rooms as low as 30,000 naira in the same area he claims his house was demolished i think. with that he can at least stay healthy with his family, a little more cash will help the wife start some street trading and the man can continue searching for a job but most importantly the kids are safer and healthier. A pregnant woman should not be left out in such places, its just too bad.

NAIRALAND CHARITY ORG. doesn't sound bad to me. just saying!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
Crotalus:

@coogar, Am not saying give me money. I'm saying I get things done. That is my job. Contact here means if you want to match your words with action, lets talk about it. Seriously. I don't have to be the one in charge. The moment this leaves the front page everybody forgets about it. Meanwhile, the poor couple go on suffering. Lets act not bicker.

Lets talk about it here.

How are things like these done/organised?

Please educate/direct us.

Thanks
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
They don't have money or a shelter but they are phucking and giving birth. Stupid people!
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
hollars:

i would have loved to volunteer but im currently not in Lagos, if we try other means and it doesn't work. then i can come up with an alternative. I'll also love to contribute, we can make it a christmas gift for this couple. there are rooms as low as 30,000 naira in the same area he claims his house was demolished i think. with that he can at least stay healthy with his family, a little more cash will help the wife start some street trading and the man can continue searching for a job but most importantly the kids are safer and healthier. A pregnant woman should not be left out in such places, its just too bad.

This sounds good! smiley
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by nagoma(m): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
I live in Nigeria , but I don't know lagos well. I'm Ready to be of help , please count me in.

I see that they have a mosquito net . I hope it's Insecticide Treated (ITN) . Essential for he pregnant woman and young child.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
hollars:

NAIRALAND CHARITY ORG. doesn't sound bad to me. just saying!

Nice ideas.

NAIRALAND LTD's involvement would make it more credible, but what happens if Seun doesnt buy in? We all know how 'busy' he is.

We make it a one-off thing?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
There are trustworthy people on this forum,and I would contribute if one wanted to do the honors.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
talina:

There are trustworthy people on this forum,and I would contribute if one wanted to do the honors.

I sent Seun a message.

Hopefully, he'll let us know his position when next he comes online.

Whats the alternative?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by scorpiogal(f): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
So sad.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
yamakuza:

I sent Seun a message.

Hopefully, he'll let us know his position when next he comes online.

Whats the alternative?

Good! We just need one place to send a contribution and then someone to stop by the bridge and deliver.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tpia5: 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
God bless everyone who is trying to assist this couple, but the govt still needs to get involved at some point.

the woman needs prenatal care and besides, where is she going to deliver the baby?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by yamakuza: 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
tpia@:

God bless everyone who is trying to assist this couple, but the govt still needs to get involved at some point.

the woman needs prenatal care and besides, where is she going to deliver the baby?

makes sense to work with an NGO abi?
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by r231(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by pslm23(f): 11:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
Keep this thread alive so we can be informed of what is happening.

Count me in to donate as much as I can to help this family. I'm more concerned about the little boy and the baby on the way. I pray and hope nothing happens to them. A lot of  Nigerian and African  women have been known to go through 9 months of pregnancy without seeking ante-natal care or taking vitamins. Obviously, this young mother isn't too concerned about all that. She makes enough profit to feed herself, husband and child each day even if it is akamu and akara or moi moi or groundnut and garri everyday, at least they still eat.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
Everyone,
r231 has posted a link above to a thread he started about this issue. Please check it out smiley
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by tpia5: 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
A lot of  Nigerian and African  women have been known to go through 9 months of pregnancy without seeking ante-natal care or taking vitamins.

true but that's no reason for her not to receive prenatal care for the baby.

there are community care centers where she can go to- and either pay a token amount or receive free treatment. I'm not sure how it works.

mother and child hospitals have also been built in other states where pregnant mothers can get free healthcare.[I was told].

the point is the people on ground right there in nigeria also have to assist the family with information, etc.

in addition, i think it's important for the govt to institute some kind of program like WIC where children under 4 can get free food and milk.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Jenifa1: 11:31pm On Nov 12, 2011
that's not right.

seems like Fstranger's family to me.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by MrsChima1(f): 12:05am On Nov 13, 2011
michelin89:

They don't have money or a shelter but they are phucking and giving birth. silly people!

It would be easier to prevent pregnancies at this time however when you are homeless and without cash there is nothing you can do but just because one is homeless doesn't mean one will not have desires to mate.

It is a tough situation to be in.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Shock(m): 1:09am On Nov 13, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

It would be easier to prevent pregnancies at this time however when you are homeless and without cash there is nothing you can do but just because one is homeless doesn't mean one will not have desires to mate.

It is a tough situation to be in.

If I'm broke and homeless, i doubt sex will be the first thing on my mind, talkless of child rearing.
Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Odunnu: 1:20am On Nov 13, 2011
You wouldnt blame a married man for doing his legal duties, would you. Since he cant afford a house, should he also deprive her of intimacy?
I'm so in shock at this!

1 Like

Re: Man Raises Family Under Lagos Bridge by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 13, 2011
Oh please. Do women get pregnant every time they have sex? Condoms are not the only way to practise safe sex, if he comes out the moment he releases, the chances of impregnating his wife wil become very slim.

They are just ignorant and irresponsible parents. No sympathy for them, but a lot of pity for their kids.

Not having money is not an excuse to have 100 kids because they can't afford condoms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (45) (Reply)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men / Anthony Chijioke: Dr. Ozuzu George Davidson Slept With My Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.