Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech (16034 Views)

Aerial View Of LAGOS-CALABAR COASTAL HIGHWAY: From Victoria Island, Landmark Bea / Lagos Removes Shanties On Coastal Road Alignment (Photos) / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by FreeStuffsNG: 1:16am On Feb 27
The Federal Executive Council, presided by President Bola Tinubu, has greenlit the construction of the Lagos-Port Harcourt-Calabar Coastal Superhighway, entrusting the project to Messrs Hitech Construction Africa

This decision emerged as one of the key outcomes from the recent FEC meeting, as detailed by Bayo Onanuga, the President’s Special Adviser on Information and Strategy.

Onanuga’s announcement also outlined that the initial phase of the superhighway, spanning 47 kilometers, is set to commence in Lagos State.

“FEC approved construction of Lagos-Port Harcourt-Calabar Coastal Superhighway to Messrs Hitech Construction Africa. The First phase made up of 47 kms will begin in Lagos,” the statement read in part.

What you should know

Approximately five months ago, Nairametrics reported that the Federal Government, through the announcement by Minister of Works David Umahi, had awarded the contract for the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway project to Hitech.

This ambitious project is designed to improve national connectivity and will be executed in stages, allowing for the incremental opening of completed segments for public use and the initiation of toll collections.

Minister Umahi detailed that the highway would integrate significant routes such as the Badagry Expressway and the Fourth Mainland Bridge, extending to the Lekki Deep Seaport Road, and establishing a crucial link to various regions in Northern Nigeria through Ogoja-Ikom.

With an envisioned length of around 650 to 700 kilometers, the project plans to incorporate rail lines within the median strips of the main roads, enhancing transportation flexibility.

In addition to facilitating connectivity, the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway is anticipated to be a catalyst for tourism and economic development.

Highlighting the project’s commitment to utilizing local resources and promoting indigenous industries, Minister Umahi mentioned the construction technique of using 11-inch-thick concrete pavements reinforced with 20-millimeter steel.

This method not only leverages Nigeria’s rich bitumen reserves but also aims to invigorate local cement production and steel manufacturing, particularly from the Ajaokuta Steel Company.

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/26/fec-approves-construction-of-lagos-calabar-coastal-highway-to-hitech/

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by FreeStuffsNG: 1:16am On Feb 27
Minister Umahi detailed that the highway would integrate significant routes such as the Badagry Expressway and the Fourth Mainland Bridge, extending to the Lekki Deep Seaport Road, and establishing a crucial link to various regions in Northern Nigeria through Ogoja-Ikom.

This will unlock a lot of real estate assets in Lagos located along the routes of this super highway.

It's a wise idea to start from Lagos and focus first on the Lagos segment since it will be tolled so the PPP will be creating value and getting money to fund and gradually upscale till the whole project is eventually completed.

This is truly brilliant and I applaud everyone who contributed to making this possible.

There's a dream bridge project conceptualized by the late Aketi to link Ondo state directly with Lagos at the Lekki end. They should please incorporate the Bridge to the Super Highway. It will be a great way to immortalize Late Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu.

This is the best time to invest in Lagos. If you love Lagos and you love the owners of the land, the land of Lagos will bless your investment. If you hate Lagos and the Yoruba who own the land, you will not prosper in Lagos because the land will not bless you.
Invest in Lagos today.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by matify83: 2:00am On Feb 27
I so much love the concept of incorporating rail lines within the median strips of the road.

Rail journeys adjacent such roads will be fun and less monotonous.

It will surely be a sight to behold if this project comes to fruition.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by MMempire(m): 2:04am On Feb 27
Finally.

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by BBIA: 2:15am On Feb 27
matify83:
I so much love the concept of incorporating rail lines within the median strips of the road.

until a train derails when there is traffic cool

don’t mind me, Na naija we dey. cool

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by funshint(m): 5:29am On Feb 27
BBIA:

It'll only derail in your mind.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by aribisala0(m): 9:07am On Feb 27
We the SW/SS are happy with this

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by almayda: 9:07am On Feb 27
I truly didn'tmind you.
BBIA:

62 Likes

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by datola: 9:08am On Feb 27
Nice
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by wman(m): 9:08am On Feb 27
This is awesome. I hope they start and finish on time.

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Nbote(m): 9:08am On Feb 27
Greenlight simply means future project

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by merits(m): 9:08am On Feb 27
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by phransix2: 9:09am On Feb 27
I see HITECH getting more jobs at the Federal Level a company that used to get jobs only in Lagos.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Sheuns(m): 9:09am On Feb 27
Which steel are they getting from Ajaokuta steel company? Is the mill functioning yet?

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by money121(m): 9:09am On Feb 27
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by STEWpid(f): 9:09am On Feb 27
Chai..

Great infrastructural development.

We need human development too - because people, especially the kinds of children on this forum, still reason like chicken.

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by UnwillingColony: 9:10am On Feb 27
Unleash Your Visa Victory and Job Triumph!

Tired of visa setbacks and silent job applications? Brace yourself for a game-changing solution!

🚀 Presenting Our Expertly Crafted CVs, SOPs, and Impactful Letters 🚀

🌟 Elevate Your Interview Chances to a Staggering 95% 🌟

Immerse yourself in our world of precision, where we specialize in creating:

📝 Europass-style CVs
📝 SOPs that captivate for job and study visa pursuits
📝 Persuasive Cover Letters
📝 Compelling Motivational Letters

Say farewell to poorly articulated SOPs that hinder your dreams. We grasp the art of leaving an indelible mark, ensuring not just visa approvals but a guaranteed seat at your dream job interview.

Why settle for the ordinary when excellence is just a click away? Let us be your ticket to a radiant tomorrow! Chat or Call us NOW!

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by peculiar3(m): 9:10am On Feb 27
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by Willie2015: 9:10am On Feb 27
matify83:

I dont understand the ...
concept of roads in Nigeria...
Trains are better and faster..
It brings in revenue that last for longer years...
And with removal of fuel subsidy...
It is the perfect palliative for the masses to reduce cost of transport ....

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by okories5050: 9:11am On Feb 27
Start Your Career in Cybersecurity

IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate on Coursera at a price of 4k only instead of $49 interested write on Watsapp number @Signaturee.

Course Duration: 3 Months
Note: I will subscribe first before you pay me.
Other Courses Available too both Udemy and Coursera

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by peculiar3(m): 9:12am On Feb 27
...who owns this company"Messrs Hitech Construction Africa" please, I want to check something grin grin cheesy grin grin

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by joshjc(m): 9:13am On Feb 27
What about the lagos calamari coastal rail?
Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by ajimo54(m): 9:14am On Feb 27
FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/02/26/fec-approves-construction-of-lagos-calabar-coastal-highway-to-hitech/

Tinubu in June 2023, barely a month after he was sworn in, assented the bill that enables states and individuals to generate power. Abia kickstarted a power plant in Aba and the Igbo people started praising Oti while castigating Tinubu who assented the bill. Yesterday, this administration has awarded coastal highway from Lagos to Calabar! Yet, the Igbo are praising Obi! Something dey worry many of you.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by faoogoke(m): 9:14am On Feb 27
Reminds me of the Kano Maiduguri superhighway.

A beauty to behold.

Cant wait for this project to start.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by malali: 9:14am On Feb 27
TINUBU IS BACK IN ACTION....BACK TO BACK POSITIVE NEWS DAILY.
WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOUR LONG LIFE.......BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE CAN GET THE RIGHT TEAM AND MAKE THEM WORK.
GOOD JOB.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR MINISTERS WORK HARD, WE DO NOT WANT ONLY 5 MINISTERS WORKING, EVERYBODY SHOULD BE SEEN AND HEARD NOT ONLY SEEN.

NIGERIA IS BLESSED WITH THE SMARTEST BRAINS HOME AND ABROAD. TELL YOUR MINISTERS TO CONSULT,THERE ARE PEOPLE IN NIGERIA THAT HAVE SOLUTIONS TO NIGERIA'S PROBLEM

I WONT BE SURPRISED IF AN ILLITERATE PERSON BUT STREET SMART PERSON,CAN SOLVE ALL OUR INSECURITY AND KIDNAPPINGS.

ALSO CURB THE MEMO LEAKS, THAT QATAR INCIDENCE WAS EMBARRASSING.

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by GoodSpirit: 9:15am On Feb 27
peculiar3:
...who owns this company"Messrs Hitech Construction Africa" please, I want to check something grin grin cheesy grin grin

Pablo and sons grin

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by youngrichnigga: 9:16am On Feb 27
Hitech? Why Hitech, is this a competitive bid or favored contract approval shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by RhinoChest: 9:17am On Feb 27
Welcome development!

I read Minister Umahi’s statement that a rail track would be built between the road? How practical is it, or is it solely to move freights?

Also, isn’t there an ongoing project already building a rail track from Lagos to Calabar?

Railway infrastructures are under-utilised in Nigeria, and we should harness its potential for both movement of people and goods.

Less pressure on the road, which would mean fewer road accidents, reduced police extortion on roads, and fewer road kidnapping.

Re: FEC Approves Construction Of Lagos-calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech by CHIOMAEZEH: 9:17am On Feb 27
Great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Want A Unique Building Plan,construction& Approval In Nig?pls Read This / ROYAL FLOURISH PARK, Eluju Buy & Build Land Don't Miss It. / Estimated Cost Of Building Ground Floor Of A Story Building.