Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? (26927 Views)

Ogbunigwe Ndigbo Vows To Retaliate Killing Of Igbo In North / Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). / Wonders Of The Biafran War Tech (ogbunigwe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
Autonov1 was a brilliant invention by an equally brilliant Nigerian, the late prof. Ayodele Awojobi. It was a vehicle that could run in both forward and backward directions. This is real innovation, something real. If ogbunigwe can now be reffered to as anti aircraft missile, I wonder what we should call the Autonov 1

May the great prof. rest in peace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonov_1

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2011
It looks like a dustbin truck. What is it used for?

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

It looks like a dustbin truck. What is it used for?

Of course, that is exactly what it will look like to someone who thinks some firecracker is an Anti-Aircraft Missile.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2011
What is that truck used for? pls answer.

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

What is that truck used for? pls answer.

It is not the truck bro, it is what it can do and the engineering behind it. You can basically drive this vehicle from the front or back! How cool is that?
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

It is not the truck bro, it is what it can do and the engineering behind it.

So, what can it do? Stop going in circles.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by idupaul: 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2011
Looks like an amoured personnel carrier designed to be a fighting insertion vehicle to drop troops in hot zones in a hostile or engagement stage during combat.

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

So, what can it do? Stop going in circles.

I've answered your question. Unless you want me to spell it to you in ABC, but I'm sorry I cant do that. If you cannot find you answers in the post or in the link provided then please scram.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
So, what it does is that it runs in opposite directions. What exactly does that mean. Pls explain.

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

So, what it does is that it runs in opposite directions. What exactly does that mean. Pls explain.

It means someone actually used his brains to make it run in both directions, a real engineering feat, unlike the crude 'anti aircraft' nonsense you are all touting here.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2011
A normal car runs in opposite direction. How's it different from this invention.

Even if it's not like your everyday automobile, what problem is it supposed to solve because that's what inventions are all about.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by aljharem(m): 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2011
LOL you have to be joking me

is that an armoured tank grin grin grin

he tried but a complete crap considering the one other countires have

also I had to notice that the armoured tank has a rubber tyre.  Not good for wars at all!!!!

Please don't try to correct me by telling it is a jeep etc

2 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

A normal car runs in opposite direction. How's it different from this invention.

Even if it's not like your everyday automobile, what problem is it supposed to solve because that's what inventions are all about.

I bet you drove your SUV to work this morning from the back.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

I bet you drove your SUV to work this morning from the back.

Why should i drive backwards when i can drive forward. Are you making sense? it's like saying someone invented an artificial leg that can make you crawl on the ground when you have legs to walk.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

Why should i drive backwards when i can drive forward. Are you making sense? it's like saying someone invented an artificial leg that can make you crawl on the ground when you have legs to walk.

This is where you are wrong, being able to drive backwards may have it's uses in some situations. Thank God there are people who able to realize that and are no tethered to only what they consider as normal.
And who says this technology cannot be applied to something other that a truck or a car?
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 8:17pm On Nov 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

This is where you are wrong, being able to drive backwards may have it's uses in some situations. Thank God there are people who able to realize that and are no tethered to only what they consider as normal.

What are these uses?

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by presido1: 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2011
The front resembles those molue that ply Oshodi - Agege route.
The Dude tried shaa. Two front drive should be the correct name. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

What are these uses?

There are many, but I don't allow my brain to be picked without getting paid for it. If it is useless to you, then it is.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Funkymallam(m): 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2011
Cant stop laffing.
@op. Wot s dat tin used for? Or it have two drivers? grin grin grin
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by chino11(m): 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
Looks like those truck they use in selling ice cream at night. Of what purpose is this junk for? How can you use it to compare the greatest invention in the black world- the Ogbunigwe. The Biafran Military Engineers produced it within weeks of the start of the war.

3 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
Funkymallam:

Cant stop laffing.
@op. Wot s dat tin used for? Or it have two drivers? grin grin grin

Why am I not suprised. You only see what you want to see, and you can never go faster than you mind can let you.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by ShangoThor(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2011
I must admit this is the most hilarious thread I've seen for a long time, and I'm referring to the arguments that have erupted, absolutely priceless, LOL.

On the other hand, the only way I can see such a vehicle with bi-directional transmission being useful is if there are two, separate cock-pits or cabins on the truck to control the directions of travel. Such a truck could be useful on very narrow roads going up mountainous regions or where truck drivers cannot physically turn the truck around.

Nevertheless, what's important when talking about inventions that I’ve noticed Nigerians in particular conveniently miss out is if there was a patent taken out on the invention, and the answer is always NO! It is very important for Africans to note the difference between 'Inventions' and 'Improvisations'.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Funkymallam(m): 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

Why am I not suprised. You only see what you want to see, and you can never go faster than you mind can let you.

bros dnt take it personal, but i still cnt stop laffing.
Answer my questions na, na 2 drivers? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Obiagu1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

presido1:

The front resembles those molue that ply Oshodi - Agege route.
The Dude tried shaa. Two front drive should be the correct name. grin grin

Hilarious!

I can't stop laughing @ Two Front Drive
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Dede1(m): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
@OP

Now I know you are a misguided joker, pal. I was living in Lagos and very much around UniLag when prof. Ayodele Awojobi tweaked a Nigerian military Styr utility vehicle into that laughable junk you called invention.
I guess peeps from the same stock such as you shall never fail to make ridiculous claims.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
@poster pls dont be offended but is that thing a modernized wheelbarrow?

a kind of 4-wheelbarrow - i guess.

Very good invention indeed!

It will be mostly useful in large poultry farms like ota farm!

Obj should seriously invest in mass production of that invention. it will be especially useful in parking chicken shi-t!

To think that the invention is from a prof. and not from a dustbin scavenger - yoruba profs are really the best!

3 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
Dunno, looks like a old fire truck modified/pimped into an 'Amuodu Car' .
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Onlytruth(m): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2011
Eureka! I found a name for it - ALAPATI (Mr box) lmao. grin grin
Nice try prof. cool

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Relax101(m): 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2011
Some group of people were in the war front( an uncondusive arena) when they produced an armored truck.
But some set of people need to be a prof. to produce a junk called Autonov1.
I mean WTF? This is a mess!!! Just 1 IED will blow up this stuff without pity.

1 Like

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by kasiem(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2011
See bad market for the op. Can't stop laughing. BTW, are this keke bodies constructed by barely educate aba boys not far better than this wheelbarrow?
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 9:50am On Nov 12, 2011
Next time Aigbofa will not come up with such a ridiculous thread as this.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by kasiem(m): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2011
All this Yoruba warlords should come and defend their prof. This is clear example of ekiti professor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari And Angela Merkel Pictured In Abidjan / Jonathan, Sirleaf, Ikpeazu At Obasanjo's 80th Birthday (Photos) / We Are Ahead - Osinbajo After APC Presidential Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.