Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? (26929 Views)

Ogbunigwe Ndigbo Vows To Retaliate Killing Of Igbo In North / Beaf Was Right, Ogbunigwe Was An Anti Aircraft Missile (pic). / Wonders Of The Biafran War Tech (ogbunigwe) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by manny4life(m): 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

What questions? I understand there are no silly questions, but sometimes there are silly askers. There is no ambiguity about the functions of this vehicle. All I require from you is to compare it with ogbunigwe and tell me which one was an invention and which was a crude replica.
Simple.

Up until the second sentence, the rest of the discourse is irrelevant. In fact, there is. Reverse movement of a car/truck is ambiguous in nature at least until it's simplified. I was asking, so the reverse movement is the same concept used on a train locomotive, right? Our or better yet, my question has been what concept is actually an invention? As for the comparison, I asked what is the basis of comparison? Usefulness? Durability? Weapons? Like what is the basis of comparing it to a firecracker that obviously (crude as you put it) killed thousands of soldiers.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=15pt]2011 UNOFFICIAL NAIRALAND INVENTION CONTEST .
[/size]
FELLOW NAIRALANDERS PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE FOR THE BEST INVENTION OF THE YEAR . THIS YEAR WE HAVE TWO PARTICIPANTS .

FIRST CONTESTANT : 5YEAR OLD KALONJI MARIGA AND HIS "SINGLE WHEELER AUTONAVIGATE101"

SIDE VIEW:

FRONT VIEW:

[size=15pt]VERSUS .
[/size]
SECOND CONTESTANT : AUTONOV

Please cast your vote . This is a tightly contested one but i'll have to vote for the autonov . What say the rest of you ?  

The first contestant wins the contest for me.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by phreakabit(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
[size=15pt]2011 UNOFFICIAL NAIRALAND INVENTION CONTEST .[/size]
afam4eva:

The first contestant wins the contest for me.

OKAY THEN SO THATS 1 VOTE FOR AUTONOV AND 1VOTE FOR AUTONAVIGATE101 . HMMM THIS LOOKS LIKE A TOUGH CONTEST . KEEP THE VOTES COMING IN .
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by manny4life(m): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
ak47mann:

ok fine i can see u are against Jackson let me ask u why do u prefer to argue for Dr Murray someone we all know his finance and desperate to do anything and trying to make Micheal  look like a junkie embarassed embarassed

Look man, I love Michael and his family and definitely NOT against them, but when it comes to Law, at least American Criminal Law, there are no friends. Dr. Conrad Murray was a victim of injustice; you cannot blame his defense attorneys for portraying Michael in that manner. He's life, career and everything is on the line, people will say anything to defend the other. Dr Murray was a victim of Michael demands. Unfortunately, public trust, professional ethics and the law do not see it that way. One of the reasons why I so much dislike Jury Trials.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by ak47mann(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
manny4life:

Look man, I love Michael and his family and definitely NOT against them, but when it comes to Law, at least American Criminal Law, there are no friends. Dr. Conrad Murray was a victim of injustice; you cannot blame his defense attorneys for portraying Michael in that manner. He's life, career and everything is on the line, people will say anything to defend the other. Dr Murray was a victim of Michael demands. Unfortunately, public trust, professional ethics and the law do not see it that way. One of the reasons why I so much dislike Jury Trials.
hmmmm u made sence cool cool
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
manny4life:

Up until the second sentence, the rest of the discourse is irrelevant. In fact, there is. Reverse movement of a car/truck is ambiguous in nature at least until it's simplified. I was asking, so the reverse movement is the same concept used on a train locomotive, right? Our or better yet, my question has been what concept is actually an invention? As for the comparison, I asked what is the basis of comparison? Usefulness? Durability? Weapons? Like what is the basis of comparing it to a firecracker that obviously (crude as you put it) killed thousands of soldiers.

The inventor did not invent a locomotive train, he invented a truck you could drive from from both ends. That was the ingenuity, and that is what the proponents of ogbunigwe was trying to tell me. Then, my question was; if ogbunigwe was innovative (which I don't think it was) what do you think about the Autonov 1. I don't know how I can further simplify this for you bro, I'm sorry.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by ak47mann(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
phreakabit:

[size=15pt]2011 UNOFFICIAL NAIRALAND INVENTION CONTEST .[/size]
OKAY THEN SO THATS 1 VOTE FOR AUTONOV AND 1VOTE FOR AUTONAVIGATE101 . HMMM THIS LOOKS LIKE A TOUGH CONTEST . KEEP THE VOTES COMING IN .
ok me i vote for autonov cos at list is a complete vehicle, it get windows and it move front and back plus i no need anybody to push me cool
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by phreakabit(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
ak47mann:

ok vote for autonov cos at list is a complete vehicle, it get windows and it move front and back plus i no need anybody to push me cool

2 votes for auto nov1 and 1 vote for autonavigate101 .
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^^^^

I must rig this vote in favor of all the comedians on this thread. They made my day, seriously.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Afam4eva(m): 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

^^^^^

I must rig this vote in favor of all the comedians on this thread. They made my day, seriously.

You made our day. I didn't have to go to the jokes section to be entertained. Thank you very much. i appreciate.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by manny4life(m): 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

The inventor did not invent a locomotive train, he invented a truck you could drive from from both ends, that is the ingenuity. And that is what the proponents of ogbunigwe was trying to tell me. Then, my question was; if iogbunigwe was innovative (which I don't think it was) what do you think about the Autonov 1. I don't know how I can further simplify this for you bro, I'm sorry.  

I did not say he invented a locomotive train; invention is broken down into several component. After all, he did not build that truck himself, did he? Even if he did, the truck itself isn't an invention but the things INSIDE the truck, it's features are the innovations. Take for instance, modern cars today have "Park Assist", they can literally help you parallel park, should we now say "oh this car is a new invention"? Huh, no the car itself ISN'T an innovation nor invention BUT the features like the "Park Assist, U Connect, etc .

That's why I said of locomotives, the reverse engineering movement was a locomotive technology that was transferred from a train and put on a truck just like "Park Assist" that automates the mechanical system during reverse or parallel parking. Take for instance, I know I have called Boeing a lot, but Boeing Commercial Airplane have done a lot of innovations and like I mentioned earlier, the 787 Dream-liner, that structural component of that airplane is almost 50% composites.

Boeing did not claim it's a new invention because composites have been used, discovered as well as used on smaller airplanes, rather, it was a new innovation for Boeing. When GE partnered with Richard Branson to test newer greener fuels with Bio-diesel, they did not claim invention but innovation. They did not say, we now have airplanes that carry biodiesel because bio and diesel has been in place.

What I think of the Autonov is an idea that has no usefulness or better yet there were no clear cut define usefulness.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by sheyguy: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2011
manny4life:

That is the only thing I could call it because it's no invention, let truth be told. Well then, since you acknowledge that it isn't innovation and obviously NOT invention, but a demonstration of engineering principles (which i don't know what to call), then it is what it is. No one is bragging or has bragged they could do better, what everyone's opinion is at least from what I understand is that this is nothing less but less average idea which has absolutely no usefulness and hence cannot be classified as innovation nor invention.

What do u mean it has no usefulness?, a four wheel vehicle has lots of use if u don't know. the biafran one they r comparing it to was used for something they already had a invention to carter for if u are not satisfied why not go and try ur hand on building one and see how easy it can be. The autonov in question is a feat compared the Biafra thing aigbunife(not sure of spelling). demonstration of such engineering principles which involving one man is done and celebrated all over the world, it is recognised in academic setting. its all about demonstrating what u can do, it show the prof can design a four-wheeled vehicle. he does not have to adapt it for a new use.
let me put this to you: How will u feel if a Nigerian comes forward with a rugged-looking satellite that can track lots of stuff for us (vehicles, Boko Haram, and many more) will u say satellite has been built so there is no big deal in it.
when u know how difficult and costly building one can be.
Before i close,  let me tell u something that happened some times back, while in school one of prof. (now in unilorin) designed a digital satelite receiver and decoder unit(KU band stuff) with some taditional components but with a new DSP processing algorithm, now that particular work wouldn't attract i single sane person by its appearance, but this paticaular work was far more better that what we buy in the market and use, cos it could handle unfavourable wheather condition (Wind and rain) far better than the commercial one we patronise, it was actually between a KU-band and C-band in terms of its performance(better than KU-band but not as good as a C-band due to constraints). now what do thing about that is it not a feat worthy of admiration or we can call it mean becos we already had less expensive and inferior ones
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by phreakabit(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

^^^^^

I know you want autonov1 to win as much as i do but sadly no rigging would be allowed  cry
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

^^^^^

afam4eva:

You made our day. I didn't have to go to the jokes section to be entertained. Thank you very much. i appreciate.

I'm glad you know you are the comedian here. Thank you as well.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Dede1(m): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2011
Oga Awojobi started his design of prototypes for Autonov 1 from these pictures. Even you will see the professor road testing some of his inventions. Specifically the "ID Military Haf" smiley smiley smiley

http://tdc.haflinger-4wd.com/types/idarmy-haf.php
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

Oga Awojobi started his design of prototypes for Autonov 1 from these pictures. Even you will see the professor road testing some of his inventions. Specifically the "ID Military Haf" smiley smiley smiley

http://tdc.haflinger-4wd.com/types/idarmy-haf.php

From those pictures? Without any doubt? Dede, you can do better than that.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Dede1(m): 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

From those pictures? Without any doubt? Dede, you can do better than that.

When the esteemed professor invented the first prototypes of Autonov 1 in 1962, he was still an undergraduate at the Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

When the esteemed professor invented the first prototypes Autonov 1 in 1962, he was still an undergraduate at the Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria.

And that means he used those picture and could't have used any other?
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by redsun(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
One of the gems nigeria lost as a result of systematic ignorance is this gu,Awojoi.His ideas died with him,not developed.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
redsun:

One of the gems nigeria lost as a result of systematic ignorance is this gu,Awojoi.His ideas died with him,not developed.

The same ignorance is still plaguing us today. We have elevated mediocrity to the level of a religion!
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by redsun(m): 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

The same ignorance is still plaguing us today. We have elevated mediocrity to the level of a religion!

Man,one can't begin to understand what is happening in nigeria,t is like reasoning has been thrown to the wind.Nobody is thinking,they just think every thing is by chance aka miracle.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Dede1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
Is there any invention without rudimentary background? In fact, the rudimentary nature of ogbunigwe is what separates it from the finished Autonov 1 from Austria the home of Steyr Motor Corporation.

It is funny the Wiki article on the Autonov 1 mentioned it was derived from Leyland jeep. This is a lesson for those people who would readily quote rubbish from Internet.

I will continue to hold professor Awojobi in the highest esteem because I learnt from him.

The link below is very misleading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonov_1
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by aurenflani: 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2011
autonov 1 is hell of an invention! d engineering concept should be applied to busses travelling across d country in d night to enable the drivers escape in case of meeting armed robbers on d road, because d enability of d drivers to turn sometimes is what lead to d attacks from d robbers!
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by redsun(m): 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
This kind of vehicle would have been good for a city like lagos as some kind trams and light intra city rails.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

Is there any invention without rudimentary background? In fact, the rudimentary nature of ogbunigwe is what separates it from the finished Autonov 1 from Austria the home of Steyr Motor Corporation.

It is funny the Wiki article on the Autonov 1 mentioned it was derived from Leyland jeep. This is a lesson for those people who would readily quote rubbish from Internet.

I will continue to hold professor Awojobi in the highest esteem because I learnt from him.

The link below is very misleading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonov_1

Dede, try to be honest for once in your life. Are you telling us Biafrans used prototypes in fighting the civil war? Please, tell us another story.
This is actually a lesson for those who would rather wallow in ignorance.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by snthesis(m): 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

#GBAM
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
aurenflani:

autonov 1 is hell of an invention! d engineering concept should be applied to busses travelling across d country in d night to enable the drivers escape in case of meeting armed robbers on d road, because d enability of d drivers to turn sometimes is what lead to d attacks from d robbers!

LOL, You are quite right dude. Necessity is the mother of invention.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by amor4ce(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2011
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Dede1(m): 10:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

Dede, try to be honest for once in your life. Are you telling us Biafrans used prototypes in fighting the civil war? Please, tell us another story.
This is actually a lesson for those who would rather wallow in ignorance.

Biafrans prototypes of any invention were finished goods to them. They did not have the luxury to progress iteratively.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

Biafrans prototypes of any invention were finished goods to them. They did not have the luxury to progress iteratively.

So, they were fighting the battles of their lives with prototypes!!!! I now understand why the civil war ended the way it did.
It was coordinated by dum.b people. And they still managed to brainwash poor folks like you that they made some stupi.d ogbunigwe!
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by remarkD(m): 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
Oh my goodness! Page 1 of this thread is friggen hilarious! I would definately vote it the funniest thread 2011!
Thanks OP!

@Manny, you and I know the OP has no answers to the questions you pose. He can't swallow his pride and say that there is no basis for comparison. He just hates the Ogbunigwe cause it was made by Igbos (thats what i gather from his posts anyways). But he ended up giving us an avenue for some good entertainment/humor shaa,

The satellite decoder or whatever it is the earlier poster mentioned would be a more reasonable arguement if it did have a function/purpose that it met.
The "firecracker" as he calls it or "stupid Ogbunigwe" served its purpose (was gonna say you should ask Murtala Mohammed what happened to his troops trying to cross into Onitsha, but dude aint here no more);but this , i dunno what to call it , that the OP is trying to promote has nothing whatsoever it was used for back then.

Maybe it could be useful today in fighting BH, then we can have a basis for comparison. nuff said. good night folks, once again, thanks for such a light-hearted thread.

One love.
Re: Forget Ogbunigwe, Ever Heard Of Autonov 1? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
remark D:

Oh my goodness! Page 1 of this thread is friggen hilarious! I would definately vote it the funniest thread 2011!
Thanks OP!

@Manny, you and I know the OP has no answers to the questions you pose. He can't swallow his pride and say that there is no basis for comparison. He just hates the Ogbunigwe cause it was made by Igbos (thats what i gather from his posts anyways). But he ended up giving us an avenue for some good entertainment/humor shaa,

The satellite decoder or whatever it is the earlier poster mentioned would be a more reasonable arguement if it did have a function/purpose that it met.
The "firecracker" as he calls it or "silly Ogbunigwe" served its purpose (was gonna say you should ask Murtala Mohammed what happened to his troops trying to cross into Onitsha, but dude aint here no more);but this , i dunno what to call it , that the OP is trying to promote has nothing whatsoever it was used for back then.

Maybe it could be useful today in fighting BH, then we can have a basis for comparison. nuff said. good night folks, once again, thanks for such a light-hearted thread.

One love.

Should I dignify this with a response? Nah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jonathan, Sirleaf, Ikpeazu At Obasanjo's 80th Birthday (Photos) / We Are Ahead - Osinbajo After APC Presidential Screening / Tinubu Faces Another Legal Battle In Supreme Court Over 2023 Presidential Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.