Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu (17673 Views)

Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) / FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech / "From Mami Wata To Money Water" - Lalong Praises Tinubu's Creativity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Believeintruth: 10:42am On Feb 27
OhuDealer:

And is that not what I said that there needs to be a drastic cut in government spending by either scrapping or merging MDAs .

Other than restructuring the civil service, the FG has to also make drastic cuts in waste and also unbundle some arrogated responsibilities to states.

The NASS also needs a big pay cut in their annual budget.

I agree with pay cut for NASS, but for civil service, i disagree, there has to be right sizing and ensure that the roles remaining are roles that provide value. We need to restructure civil service so that they can be more responsive more nimble and provide value to the country.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Believeintruth: 10:45am On Feb 27
OhuDealer:

Nigeria manufacturing base got destroyed by importation .

Importation led to the demise of our local manufacturing base.

This has led to demand for Forex to import more goods .

Jonathan's government priotized the import based economy by making available the huge windfall in oil to sustain the import economy.

Buhari came and looted the place dry and put us into more debt.

The money generated during GEJ should have been used to provide critical infrastructure but instead he floated most of that revenue into the import sector .

Now that's the truth.

A hard reset is needed to rekindle our manufacturing base which will not only provide jobs but reduce imports.

Nigeria's manufacturing never got destroyed by importation. Nigeria's manufacturing got destroyed by SAP which made the cost of production very high, which made some of these factories to shut down. Afprint struggled to operate in this Nigeria's business climate, power alone was their biggest problem, they had to shut down. it was never importation, it was the cost of production and corruption, and the truth is nature doesn't thrive in a vacuum, something must fill it's place, enter importation to the mix.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by OhuDealer: 10:47am On Feb 27
Believeintruth:

I agree with pay cut for NASS, but for civil service, i disagree, there has to be right sizing and ensure that the roles remaining are roles that provide value. We need to restructure civil service so that they can be more responsive more nimble and provide value to the country.

Look government is an organism.

Like every organism it needs to be fed and sustained through tax.

But our government had grown too large to the extent that what was meant to provide public service is now existing to be serviced by the public.

Go and see the convoy of any state governor and check the budget for feeding and clothing earmarked for the governor.

Abia state government budgeted #1.5bn for two Hilux vans and when they were caught said it was a typo.

The rot permeates deeper when you go to state level.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Believeintruth: 10:53am On Feb 27
OhuDealer:

Look government is an organism.

Like every organism it needs to be fed and sustained through tax.

But our government had grown too large to the extent that what was meant to provide public service is now existing to be serviced by the public.

Go and see the convoy of any state governor and check the budget for feeding and clothing earmarked for the governor.

Abia state government budgeted #1.5bn for two Hilux vans and when they were caught said it was a typo.

The rot permeates deeper when you go to state level.

Oga you cannot be making excuses for civil service. There must be rightsizing in the civil service. too many redundant jobs here
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by PointZerom: 10:55am On Feb 27
morgstreme:

Kid...

There is something like showing courage and the WILL here ..

When your tin god couldn't conduct local government elections in his state for good 8years while governor,you have forgotten how he was lambasted as being a WEAK,Dodgy fellow,using Catholics/Non Catholics to play pedestrian politics..

Your first word is for your parents.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by OhuDealer: 10:55am On Feb 27
Believeintruth:

Nigeria's manufacturing never got destroyed by importation. Nigeria's manufacturing got destroyed by SAP which made the cost of production very high, which made some of these factories to shut down. Afprint struggled to operate in this Nigeria's business climate, power alone was their biggest problem, they had to shut down. it was never importation, it was the cost of production and corruption, and the truth is nature doesn't thrive in a vacuum, something must fill it's place, enter importation to the mix.

SAP did not destroy Nigeria's manufacturing base rather it was Buharimonics that created a very unhealthy and unstable environment

Most companies wounded down during Buhari's military junta.

The import/export liscence that gave some individuals full monopoly to import or export certain goods and products was what destroyed manufacturing base as most industries had to go through the regime's annointed agents to get their products out of Nigeria or to import key ingredients.

Buhari also priotized repaying loans to London Paris club rather than investing in the economy.

Buhari was the one who devalued our currency so he can repay loans that shagari had vowed to demand for a payment halt after oil prices collapsed. Shagari did not take these loans rather it was the Obasanjo regime . Hence why they ordered for Shagari to be overthrown.

SAP was an effort to rekindle the economy.

Nigerians never recovered from the disaster known as Buhari in his 27months dictatorship only for them to vote him again and put us in far worse mess.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by bjdon: 10:56am On Feb 27
Believeintruth:

The way you guys use your imagination and believe in this administration ehnnn i marvel. A government that is struggling to raise money to shore up reserves will raise money for an ambitious project? you guys should be realistic, there is a difference from approved to actually raising money to fund the construction. If you use this imagination to solve business challenges walahi you will go far
The road is going to be tolled. Private sector will run the toll gate, the same private sector will make the funds available. That is how large scale road and bridge projects are now financed.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Timmi: 10:58am On Feb 27
PointZerom:
There's nothing like showing courage here, it's his constitutional duty to do so.
If not that corruption and Tribalism has killed Nigeria we won't bee praising any elected official for doing what he was elected to do.

Yes you are correct but has any of the previous presidents including your Jonathan have the courage to do it? It takes courage to go against the grain and that was what Ibori saw. Tinubu didn't have to do it but he did. And that is commendable
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by OhuDealer: 10:59am On Feb 27
Believeintruth:

Oga you cannot be making excuses for civil service. There must be rightsizing in the civil service. too many redundant jobs here

I am not making excuses for the evil service.

60% of the existing jobs in the civil service can not be justified.

Waste is darn too much and it's a cesspit of corruption.

There are also too many MDAs with heads and management that exist only to settle political allies and cronies.

I have always said the Nigerian people should decide if they want a functioning civil service or a welfare scheme masked as a civil service.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Zool6: 12:38pm On Feb 27
Lol u certainly dont know geography of South East otherwise u should know is practically impossible to connect a high way from lagos ph to cross river without same highway passing through atleast 2 Igbo states of south east ,besides PH to Aba is less than 60km

South East is progressing now than ever

South East development commission bill which have been held back for the past 60yr have been approved

Geometric power supply for Aba which was delayed for the past 23yrs is comission and fully in operation

Second Niger bridge is up and working

South East controls economy through commerce's

90% of the ppl crying have been yorubas they are everywhere crying , we been using there tears to water our flowers grin grin

quote author=naija4life247 post=128666125]

You go cry for long. We have bypassed your Biafra region again to connect South West to South South. You go weep blood[/quote]

Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Zool6: 12:54pm On Feb 27
Hahaha Yorubas have cried soo much that every crying meme all over internet is about yorubas while

quote author=naija4life247 post=128666125]

You go cry for long. We have bypassed your Biafra region again to connect South West to South South. You go weep blood[/quote]

Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by t2luv1: 1:52pm On Feb 27
EponObi:

I didn't vote for rubbish! 😋

Imagine, his 2001 vision to bridge the gap between the SS and SW with a superhighway being implemented by him in 2024, after 23 years. Hate this man all you want, he the right messiah sent to liberate Nigeria from decades of retrogression.

2001 vision ooo, while still a governor. After Obasanjo, Yaradua, Goodluck, Buhari, Jagaban is still one who will implement it! I don't think you understand how insane that is.

When they tell them he designed the Lagos blueprint, they will start forming in the mouth. Later this week, he will commission the Red Line railways in Lagos - One of the infrastructure he embedded into the Lagos blueprint, two decades ago. In 2027, when we tell them he designed the superhighway blueprint, they will still foam in the mouth.

This is a breath of fresh air. I'm sorry if you can't see the big picture. By 2027, I'm 100% confident Asiwaju will win reelection with a landslide. The beating the Agulu fraud and Atiloot go chop in 2027 will make their 2023 trashing a child's play.

Man with balls!

Only him:
- Removed subsidy
- Unified the forex exchange rates
- About to implement the Oronsaye report
- Implementing state police
- Approved the biggest road infrastructure construction in the history of Nigeria

All within 8 months.

By God's grace, him and his team will clear out the messes of our country by year end, then 2025 onward will be smooth sailing.

Please, believe in this man! No one needs to tell you he is the Messiah sent to liberate us.

Dogoneit Partner whatever they are paying you to be a mouthpiece for the administration, you have earned your stripes with this piece of sh*t posting.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Zool6: 1:57pm On Feb 27
Remove importation Igbos still lead in local manufacturing

Evans industries
Belloxy Cream Crackers
Emzor pharmaceutical
EEAC Food processing
Nisppo Ceramic Porcelain
Sonia food

This are Igbos exclusively established owned manufacturing industries in Agbara Ogun

Tell that mumu to give u just 4 yorubas established own manufacturing companies in Agbara yoruba backyard he will run away bcs they own only Rite food and Drug fields there

So Igbo importation commerce and local manufacturing

Everyone one knows 93% of manufacturing industries in south East are indginous own

While over 90% of industries In south west are owned by foreigners and other Nigerians

They dont know in there lands them be economy slaves to foreign companies

Igbos run Commerce and local manufacturing so anywhere Nigeria head to we are there already

quote author=Believeintruth post=128669268]

Do you have sense at all. if you are smart at all you will know that nature abhors a vacuum. The cost of production is very high because the nation has decrepit infrastructure and the ease of doing business is worse, so the only way producers can survive is to reduce the quality of their products. Now it makes imported products very attractive.
Next time before you say importers are wailing use your intelligence to reason well[/quote]
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Bfly: 2:11pm On Feb 27
Criminal seeking attention
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Charly68: 2:24pm On Feb 27
Things will massively pick up as soon as Tinubu gets his arts together .. he has a good heart to change the narrative just that Bubari has buffeted us to an intolerable state before he left while PBAT kept managing the mess he left behind
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Lumarstone: 4:44pm On Feb 27
naija4life247:

You go cry for long. We have bypassed your Biafra region again to connect South West to South South. You go weep blood

Unfortunately bro, my region is South West and am currently in Texas, USA

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by araoye19: 4:55pm On Feb 27
Very right. I think it’s part of the plan. This project will open up the South south to massive growth and investment.Very right. I think it’s part of the plan. This project will open up the South south to massive growth and investment....
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Simeonjoe1: 6:23pm On Feb 27
Believeintruth:

The way you guys use your imagination and believe in this administration ehnnn i marvel. A government that is struggling to raise money to shore up reserves will raise money for an ambitious project? you guys should be realistic, there is a difference from approved to actually raising money to fund the construction. If you use this imagination to solve business challenges walahi you will go far

I'm not saying this government will do it. Even if they have to fund, with the insistence delay in project delivery it might take 8-10yrs to be completed, hence not in the time line of this government. My analysis here is for future prospects and how's suppose to be decades from now.

I go like analyze business but I no get start up fund
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Simeonjoe1: 6:23pm On Feb 27
OhuDealer:

The road will open remote areas for tourism, new settlements and improve trade .

It is part of Tinubu's blue economic vision to develop our maritime sector.

Nah not in this administration.
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Lumarstone: 8:05pm On Feb 27
Fearurcreeator:

Bast**d

You just exposed what you are. Bastard without trace like the one you're defending here. Where did your pay master come from? Virtually every thing about him has a question mark? Are not ashamed?
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by morgstreme: 9:10pm On Feb 27
PointZerom:

Your first word is for your parents.

Atleast they are still alive..not like your late wretched illiterate peasant wretched urchin father..
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by morgstreme: 9:11pm On Feb 27
Believeintruth:

And how is the best performing? if you say this rubbish outside the way people will beat you ehnn

Beat me

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Fearurcreeator: 9:15pm On Feb 27
Lumarstone:

You just exposed what you are. Bastard without trace like the one you're defending here. Where did your pay master come from? Virtually every thing about him has a question mark? Are not ashamed?
Na body dey pepper una .... Go work oga... No free money for una ...yeye people
Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by Konquest: 8:45pm On Mar 02
afroniger:

Ibori to Tinubu: You’ve shown courage approving Lagos-Port Harcourt-Calabar Coastal Superhighway

Re: Lagos-Port Harcourt-calabar Coastal Highway: Ibori Praises Tinubu by PointZerom: 10:37am On Mar 04
morgstreme:

Atleast they are still alive..not like your late wretched illiterate peasant wretched urchin father..

They're odi ndu onwu ka nma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Summons Emefiele To Explain N305 To 1$ / 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo / Police Almost Detained My Dad For Helping Boko Haram Victim; Lady Reveals.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.