Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme (16521 Views)

President Tinubu Approves Takeoff Of Consumer Credit Scheme / President Tinubu Appoints Uzoma Nwagba As CEO Of Consumer Credit Corporation / Tinubu Directs Creation Of Youth Unemployment Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by treesun: 8:02am On Feb 27
The Federal Government on Monday said it would extend its social security payments net to graduates with qualifications from NCE and upwards.

Addressing journalists after the Federal Executive Council meeting on Monday, the minister of finance and coordinating minister of the economy, Wale Edun, disclosed that the programme would see unemployed Nigerian youths being paid stipends.

“At this period of heightened food prices, Mr. President has committed to doing all that can be done to assist in giving purchasing power to the poorest and in that line.

“He has committed and instructed that the Social Security unemployment programme be devised, particularly to cater for the youth, for the unemployed graduates, as well as the society as a whole.

“So, we have coming, in the nearest future, an unemployment benefit for the young unemployed, in particular,” the Minister announced.

Similarly, Edun said the FG will urgently establish a consumer credit scheme to alleviate the pains of economic adjustment.

He explained that the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, will lead a committee that includes the Minister of Budget and Economic Planning, the Attorney-General of the Federation and himself, the Coordinating Minister of the Economy.

“There is coming a social consumer credit programme. By making consumer credit available, goods become more affordable, the economy even gets a chance to revive faster, because people have purchasing power that allows them to order goods, products,” he stated.

Edun also spoke on the review implemented by the Special Presidential panel on the National Social Investment Programme, which has submitted a preliminary report to the president.

He noted that the president gave the highlights to the Council meeting noting that what was done was “a review of the existing mechanisms, a review of the existing programmes, and where there have been successes, such as the 400,000 beneficiaries of the GEEP programme.”

He added, “So, the direct payments to 12 million households comprising 60 million Nigerians is to resume immediately with the important proviso that every beneficiary will be identified by their national identity number and the bank verification number.

“Therefore, payments will be made into bank accounts or mobile money wallets. So, that whether it is before or after, there is verification of the identity of beneficiaries.

“Each person that receives 25,000 Naira for a total of three months will be identifiable, even after they have received the money, it will be clear who it went to and when it went to them. And that is the big change that has allowed Mr. president to approve the restart of that direct payments to beneficiaries programme.”

On his part, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Bosun Tijjani, explained that beneficiaries would be vetted through their Bank Verification Number and National Identity Numbers to avoid multiple payouts to one individual.

He said, “One of the initial moves that we’re making is leveraging the existing dataset that we have on our people. As you know, the BVN is well known to be extremely credible. NIN on the other side, which is now the most popular data identity system for Nigeriansm, is also to a largest and credible, and it covers quite a significant number of people as well.

“And what we’re looking to do here is the triangulation of this data set to ensure that not only are we using the register that has been properly populated, but that we also do proper verification of every individual that will benefit from that social investment programme, which means we will get commitment to ensuring that no one is paid twice, because you have to be properly IDed before you can benefit from that programme.”

https://punchng.com/fg-to-pay-youth-unemployment-benefits-sets-up-consumer-credit-programme/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by EreluRoz: 8:10am On Feb 27
I hope they don't mess it up.

Even though we know everywhere is messed up due to what we met on ground but no one can deny that fact that asiwaju is trying his best to clear this mess. I pray for him everyday to succeed and put smile on the faces of Nigerians and I want everyone to also put Nigeria in prayers. May God ease our affairs.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Creamypie(m): 8:11am On Feb 27
APC only thrives on propaganda, fake figures and open daylight deceit. I'm the next 2 months, u will hear of 60 million agbado youths paid 35k monthly and how 800 billion+ 1 trillion was used for that. We never had it this bad. How I miss obasanjo years

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by iwaeda: 8:14am On Feb 27
treesun:
The Federal Government on Monday said it would extend its social security payments net to graduates with qualifications from NCE and upwards.

Addressing journalists after the Federal Executive Council meeting on Monday, the minister of finance and coordinating minister of the economy, Wale Edun, disclosed that the programme would see unemployed Nigerian youths being paid stipends.

“At this period of heightened food prices, Mr. President has committed to doing all that can be done to assist in giving purchasing power to the poorest and in that line.

“He has committed and instructed that the Social Security unemployment programme be devised, particularly to cater for the youth, for the unemployed graduates, as well as the society as a whole.

SPORTS EXTRA: MAN CITY VS CHELSEA STALE MATE0.00 / 0.00

“So, we have coming, in the nearest future, an unemployment benefit for the young unemployed, in particular,” the Minister announced.

Similarly, Edun said the FG will urgently establish a consumer credit scheme to alleviate the pains of economic adjustment.

He explained that the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, will lead a committee that includes the Minister of Budget and Economic Planning, the Attorney-General of the Federation and himself, the Coordinating Minister of the Economy.

“There is coming a social consumer credit programme. By making consumer credit available, goods become more affordable, the economy even gets a chance to revive faster, because people have purchasing power that allows them to order goods, products,” he stated.

Edun also spoke on the review implemented by the Special Presidential panel on the National Social Investment Programme, which has submitted a preliminary report to the president.

He noted that the president gave the highlights to the Council meeting noting that what was done was “a review of the existing mechanisms, a review of the existing programmes, and where there have been successes, such as the 400,000 beneficiaries of the GEEP programme.”

He added, “So, the direct payments to 12 million households comprising 60 million Nigerians is to resume immediately with the important proviso that every beneficiary will be identified by their national identity number and the bank verification number.

“Therefore, payments will be made into bank accounts or mobile money wallets. So, that whether it is before or after, there is verification of the identity of beneficiaries.

“Each person that receives 25,000 Naira for a total of three months will be identifiable, even after they have received the money, it will be clear who it went to and when it went to them. And that is the big change that has allowed Mr. president to approve the restart of that direct payments to beneficiaries programme.”

On his part, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Bosun Tijjani, explained that beneficiaries would be vetted through their Bank Verification Number and National Identity Numbers to avoid multiple payouts to one individual.

He said, “One of the initial moves that we’re making is leveraging the existing dataset that we have on our people. As you know, the BVN is well known to be extremely credible. NIN on the other side, which is now the most popular data identity system for Nigeriansm, is also to a largest and credible, and it covers quite a significant number of people as well.

“And what we’re looking to do here is the triangulation of this data set to ensure that not only are we using the register that has been properly populated, but that we also do proper verification of every individual that will benefit from that social investment programme, which means we will get commitment to ensuring that no one is paid twice, because you have to be properly IDed before you can benefit from that programme.”

https://punchng.com/fg-to-pay-youth-unemployment-benefits-sets-up-consumer-credit-programme/

Tinubu and his men are not thinking, manufacturing and servicing companies are closing shops, farms are not accessible due to kidnapping and terrorism. Yet their solution is to give peanuts to selected party urchins, called youth. grin grin grin grin grin

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Nbote(m): 8:22am On Feb 27
Hahahahahahaha... Stomach infrastructure has come to stay. Seriously it shall not be well for the APC. All they talk about is share money, share money, share money. These monies you share, can't it fix the refineries? Can't it be reinvested into infrastructural development? Anytime these people want to siphon funds use the masses as an excuse. Where's the money for school feeding programme? Where are the underprivileged Nigeriens the government have been paying? Now they want to pay unemployed youths. With which data? Na Statistics we go chop??

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by lekkicctv(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27
cool

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Badgers14: 1:28pm On Feb 27
Just like bubu's 5k... audio

Please, don't quote me, I have low battery

11 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by zombieHUNTER: 1:28pm On Feb 27
undecided

Tinubu is a joke himself

A government that cant pay salaries, pensions etc still looking for avenues to loot

who are these jobless youths?.. how many are they?... how long will this peanuts keep coming SMH

A reasonable administration will create jobs,
fix power
tame insecurity
Invest in Agriculture
diversify the economy
And watch investors troop in

But here is Tinubu starting from where Buhari stopped by sharing peanuts and stealing the funds
what about the case of the former humanitarian affairs minister under Buhari?..
That woman?. yeah.. your guess is good as mine

11 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Generalkorex(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27
It's a nice idea but the larger part of the money meant for this would be embezzled.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by HenryThegreat1(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27
Ok oo
Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Generalkorex(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27
I hope the government will be able to monitor this and make sure the actual unemployed youth get it.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by sparko1(m): 1:29pm On Feb 27
Like paying every Nigerian grin
Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by LandMann: 1:29pm On Feb 27
Next thing you know the programme will be open to only registered members of APC... The the president, governor, house of rep, senators and all manner of persons will have their own list of names or quotas to insert into the database.

I swear Tinubu has no idea of how to move Nigeria forward.

Nigeria youths are not Almajiris. We're not asking you for handouts.

This kinds of policies will only help to increase corruption in Nigeria and lead to laziness in youths.

Channel the money into building refineries, production factories, large farmlands where youths can work and gain valuable skills.

Nobody is asking Tinubu to print naira that doesn't have value to give to Nigerian youths.

Use the money to provide 18 hours of electricity for Nigerians so that they can start their own business.

Tinubu is a failure I swear.

Everything I hoped not to see in him is what he's doing everyday since he got sworn in.

What a wicked and senseless president.

After removing all the feathers from a live chicken, after battering Nigerians with untold hardship and inflation, he's now sending his errand boys to throw corn at the chicken, he's now announcing unemployment benefits for youths who are getting ready to take to the streets to protest till he leaves Nigeria.

Giving people false hope just so you have enough time to squeeze whatever life is left in them.

Tinubu is a disaster that should never have happened to Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by unity004(m): 1:29pm On Feb 27
it's a pity the government don't really know what to do. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

It's really a very wrong time to be a Nigerian living in Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by KushLyon(m): 1:29pm On Feb 27
Last year it was household cash transfer scheme and till now I can't identify anybody that received the 25k, now they have come again with another audio 25k scheme

11 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by franconian: 1:29pm On Feb 27
"Remove" subsidy, Devalue the Naira, Cause crazy inflation, Make doing business increasingly difficult then pay stipends to his "yoots". Master strategist grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by PointZerom: 1:29pm On Feb 27
grin

Criminals, while they're merging agencies to cut cost they're also creating other avenues to loot whatsoever they'll make from the merger.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by FireUpNow(m): 1:30pm On Feb 27
Open borders Mr President
Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Hezzyluv: 1:30pm On Feb 27
...Another one grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by bassdow: 1:30pm On Feb 27
h
Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Telltruth123: 1:30pm On Feb 27
I am just tired of this government, they take wrong steps in solving Nigerian problems and they don't learn from the first mistake they made.
You claim you gave governor's money to share pallaitives yet the masses did not receive it.
Personally I did not collect, I did not see anybody collecting it or where they are sharing it.
When Yaradua became president, he redused the price of fuel, between 6 months he was performing. The little savings I had during Buhari tenure just to establish myself after over twelve years of working, presently I am spending it on food for me and my children to survive, I don't have any savings again even the company we are working for presently they are not making sales, I am afraid.

This government is not taking the right steps in making Nigeria better and I am highly disappointed in Tinubu administration.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by bassdow: 1:30pm On Feb 27
Another Avenue

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by bigdammyj: 1:30pm On Feb 27
Noted.
Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by ivandragon: 1:30pm On Feb 27
Lol. Vote buying in disguise.

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by gbaskiboy: 1:30pm On Feb 27
This believe at your own risk

1 Like

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by nony43(m): 1:31pm On Feb 27
The same thing BAT said when he was campaigning for Buhari in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:31pm On Feb 27
What happen to npower may happen to it?
Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Helpfromabove1(m): 1:32pm On Feb 27
We no want

Fix the naira

Let 1dollar = 300 naira

Don’t crate another opportunity to steal

6 Likes

Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by Maj196(m): 1:32pm On Feb 27
Everybody in Nigeria is unemployed oo... Dey play
Re: FG To Pay Youth Unemployment Benefits, Sets Up Consumer Credit Programme by justmondris: 1:32pm On Feb 27
Another avenue to loot money. Do you have the money to pay unemployed youths or you don't know that they are millions of them? Create jobs for them and not this stupid monthly payments that will never get to them

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If I Stop Talking, Nigerians Will Suffer – Fayose Boasts / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Numan Adamawa Killings By Suspected Fulani Herdsmen / We Took Oath With Kolanut To Support Ikpeazu As Governor, Says Prof Ibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.