Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market (18724 Views)

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by LegendHero(m): 2:22pm On Feb 27
Something that is already below #1600.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Coolestguy2023: 2:22pm On Feb 27
Some people if them no wail, they will be sick. So wailing is more like a drug for them to ease there sickness

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by dangoteinlaw: 2:25pm On Feb 27
so this is the so-called "market forces" that Tinubu and his supporters were boasting about, claiming it would miraculously bring down the fuel prices and dollar exchange rate, isn't it? And would you believe it, these supporters have absolutely no shame! They're still shamelessly dropping Obi's name even ten months after the election! Quite a remarkable display of loyalty, wouldn't you say?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by tnerro1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 27
But gas don go up to 1,400. Gas dey compete with naira ni?

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Originalsly: 2:29pm On Feb 27
One step forward two steps backwards. Is there a policy that will make the Naira continue to appreciate? ... it's like the moment a drowning man raises his head above water gasping for air we begin to shout he is saved and the next moment he is below the surface again... drowning. Let's see where it will be by weekend.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Amumaigwe: 2:30pm On Feb 27
Paraman:
The people who want it to be more than 2k to a $ will still wail in anger and gnash their teeth

Dollar will rebound within a week and close at #2,000. Nothing to celebrate

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:31pm On Feb 27
Paraman:
The people who want it to be more than 2k to a $ will still wail in anger and gnash their teeth

You should pray it doesn't go up stop making mockery of yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Emman08: 2:31pm On Feb 27
If you like still don't go and save your money in USD
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by SirLakes: 2:31pm On Feb 27
Tinubu is working grin
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by chiefolododo(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27
Appreciate?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by spiSeyi: 2:32pm On Feb 27
Those who bought @ 1,800 expecting to sell @ 2k + in the mud grin. Naira is more volatile than crypto and it's not going to 2k anytime soon cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by fabian063: 2:33pm On Feb 27
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by spiSeyi: 2:35pm On Feb 27
Amumaigwe:

Dollar will rebound within a week and close at #2,000. Nothing to celebrate
Nah you wan cattaport am, rebound ko rebounce ni. If you are among those who bought @1,800 count your loss and move on grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by pbet19: 2:37pm On Feb 27
ok
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by ZekeYeager: 2:37pm On Feb 27
But you were telling us it is 1400 just a few days ago!

Paraman:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by kentokay71: 2:38pm On Feb 27
But you are not God and if it is so what will be your gain?
jmoore:

Novice, wetin you know? 1,600 is making you high. How much was it on July 31st 2023?

Dollar will hit above 2,500 naira before Dec 31st 2024. Save this post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:39pm On Feb 27
Some ppl 're celebrating naira at 1650 to $
Truly our leaders know how to treat us like zombies

5 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by okeysoninv: 2:39pm On Feb 27
nairalanda1:
grin

Naira can never appreciate so long as we are a resource depenent, oil dependent, economy, whose finances are dependent on the volatile price of oil.

The really strong currencies are those who are countries that manufacture and export manufactured goods and servicies

The government and the CBN is just fooling Nigerians.

tell us what Cameroon, Togo , Benin , Uganda, Tanzania is exporting yet their currency is not falling like naira. The earlier you guys realized that apc killed this country the better for all of you.c

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Mcslize: 2:40pm On Feb 27
The government know what to do. It's Foolishness to be fighting bureau de change operators. That won't help the naira.

What will help naira to appreciate is the government should create enabling environment for small and medium size businesses to flourish.

The government should focus on production and export order than consumption. Those exported goods should be paid for with naira and not dollar.

Produce produce produce produce. That's the only solution for naira to appreciate. Order than that, they are just wasting their time trust me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by bemeruca: 2:41pm On Feb 27
Paraman:

Rise and fall. We know how this goes. It appreciate small they fall hard. By now you should get sense
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27
spiSeyi:

Nah you wan cattaport am, rebound ko rebounce ni. If you are among those who bought @1,800 count your loss and move on grin grin
Lol😂 I knew som1 who bought at 1400 he still smiled to the bank.
The next time dollar will uppercut naira it will drop it at 2000# to 1$
Watch nd see

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by uvie66: 2:42pm On Feb 27
EmiloCorn:
Shebi I keep saying it that my oga is working.

Don't worry, very soon dollar will ne down to N500 and below. Just 7 years more and we will finally get there. cool

On his mandate, I stand
..... how is this possible when inflation is running at double digits

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by commoditiesnig: 2:43pm On Feb 27
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by jmoore(m): 2:43pm On Feb 27
kentokay71:
But you are not God and if it is so what will be your gain?
Wetin concern God for this matter?

My gain? When meteorologists predict that hurricane will happen, are they gaining anything?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by uvie66: 2:46pm On Feb 27
datola:
We need real appreciation to N700 or N800 to a Dollar not geometrical depreciation and arithmetical appreciation kind of.
.. Google the correlation between inflation and currency depreciation them you will understand that it is not possible.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Goodlady(f): 2:48pm On Feb 27
It should return to N600. It's hell in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by nedekid: 2:48pm On Feb 27
Nice one. Let's pray it continues.
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by Elliotwaveforec: 2:49pm On Feb 27
Current price

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by uvie66: 2:50pm On Feb 27
Mcslize:
The government know what to do. It's Foolishness to be fighting bureau de change operators. That won't help the naira.

What will help naira to appreciate is the government should create enabling environment for small and medium size businesses to flourish.

The government should focus on production and export order than consumption. Those exported goods should be paid for with naira and not dollar.

Produce produce produce produce. That's the only solution for naira to appreciate. Order than that, they are just wasting their time trust me.
I concur, the operative word is enabling environment which include stable power supply and checkmating security challenges.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by nairalanda1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 27
okeysoninv:
tell us what Cameroon, Togo , Benin , Uganda, Tanzania is exporting yet their currency is not falling like naira. The earlier you guys realized that apc killed this country the better for all of you.c

1.I think you are blind. I am blasting the government, yet you think I am praising or excusing the government

2.Go and read my comment again, and think clearly. And ask your question to a real government supporter. Not to me.

I mean, can't you see the final sentence of the comment you quoted, man?
Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by pipnator00(m): 2:52pm On Feb 27
To be honest, the government have done well to bring the rate down to 1600 from 1900.
Whatever they did to bring it down, they should sustain it and as well do more to bring it further down to at least 800.
I am of the view that Naira/USD$ will close at over NGN2500 by end of this year if nothing is down by the government.
I sincerely dont want that to happen because it will mean more suffering to the people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market by DavidEsq(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27
Paraman:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Everyone Above 20 Years Absolutely Should Start A Business / Dangote Refinery To Start Refining Petrol By November 30, 2023 – Devakumar Edwin / Online Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.