Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) (27740 Views)

Nigerian Man Constructs A Transformer In Aba, Abia State (Photos, Video) / This Caterpillar’s Camouflage Is On Another Level (Photos) / This Caterpillar Mimics A Scary Skull To Keep Predators At Bay (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by swiych(m): 1:59pm On Feb 27
Lol, I mean this is ridiculous, I thought it was a real caterpillar. I dropped out of Computer science department when I watch nursery and primary school pupils Programming, while me as a student was being taught "hello world" on a markers board.
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by ponlear(m): 1:59pm On Feb 27
blowjohn:

U never see things for YouTube na why u talk like this.

Yes he tried but omo levels dey o... Even among his get bracket

I totally agree, there's a lot more creative inventions by younger folks but this is a starting point too

He tried

3 Likes

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by CommonSense1967: 2:02pm On Feb 27
papiwyte:
Peter obi will soon congratulate him believe me grin grin grin grin

The Agulu packaged fraud is only good at congratulating and seeking cheap attention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Benekkk: 2:03pm On Feb 27
viodemus:
If nothing, it's clear he has a concept of actuators and its control medium.

If we had a working igbo nation, this kind of person, we invite him for assessment; if he satisfies our enquiry, then anyi enye kwa ya scholarship, o ne me ofuma, anyi a gba kwa ya citizenship. He will be opportuned to receive our citizenship.
grin grin grin
You want to give this great Edo man citizenship where?
I know you’re funning though.

1 Like

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Babangidapikin: 2:03pm On Feb 27
That is a toy industry seating there... harness him
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by t2luv1: 2:03pm On Feb 27
Creamypie:
While I praise this young lad, I highly suggest he be realistic. Nigeria no go finance or encourage him oh. He should learn programming, he will make it far far bigger

I am amazed because I personally know how difficult it is to program the EPROM of the module just to control the arms of a prototype machine. You have to know Assembly Language syntax.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by blowjohn(m): 2:03pm On Feb 27
ponlear:

I totally agree, there's a lot more creative inventions by younger folks but this is a starting point too

He tried

Yeah ur right

1 Like

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by EleventhWeirdo: 2:06pm On Feb 27
viodemus:
If nothing, it's clear he has a concept of actuators and its control medium.

If we had a working igbo nation, this kind of person, we invite him for assessment; if he satisfies our enquiry, then anyi enye kwa ya scholarship, o ne me ofuma, anyi a gba kwa ya citizenship. He will be opportuned to receive our citizenship.

See daydreaming cheesy. Between Edo and Iboland, which is greater?
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Bfly: 2:06pm On Feb 27
We can do better. We need the real thing. Back then in the hood, we constructed different kind of cars using carton and rotor.
Where are we today?
It is commendable but it does not translate to the real thing. Just go to YouTube.
He just made a nice toy for himself
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by PortHarcourtcit(m): 2:06pm On Feb 27
H
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by begge: 2:07pm On Feb 27
Agbado people will not allow your talent to go far young boy. Naija is a talent killer
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by crisubanijunior(m): 2:09pm On Feb 27
...While that is very commendable and impressive from the young boy, i would want to use this medium and advice him, hoping this gets to him. it is far better to learn a computer related skill like programming, with which he can even incorporated his abilities and make more fortunes out of it. because as long as i am concerned, you see this country called Nigeria? they will only frustrate and thwart your dreams and aspirations because none of these politicians that squanders our currency will ever think of investing in talents like these, nor even the so called celebrities. all they care about is to come on the social media space to announce huge donations and aids just for self gratification and clout chasing. To tell you say this country no mean well for u bro, how will they be asking us to "Draw and Label Grasshoppers, Toads and Fish" in our WAEC exams, when our mates in China and saner climes and building modern technological devices. the earlier we understand that this country had been enslaved to politicians and their wards, the better for us, while we hope and seek for the Messiah that will deliver us all from this menace. God bless talents like these, Amen
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by JuanDeDios: 2:10pm On Feb 27
jeromestarks:
These dul.lards should be constructing something new. They should be inventing. What's the point in constructing something that already exists?
It's not like he found one fault in the existing catarpiller and improved it ooo. He just made something of lower quality. Why take humanity backwards?

People should stop celebrating things like these.
That's how one idi.ot in sokoto constructed a stu.pid car. One car that's not even upto Honda standard. What nonsense is this?
It's not this serious really. Except you're talking to awon "government should sponsor him!" This is just a kid making toys for him and his playmates to play with.
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by oz4real83(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27
judatech:
Thank God good news from Benin apart from killings and cultism
This statement smells of hypocrisy when it came out from thr mouth of somebody in portharcourt who is also an oil bunkerer sad. All the criminal voices that happen in Benin also happen in portharcourt angry
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Lifemanage: 2:22pm On Feb 27
He manufacture toy Una say na machine. Why so much psycophancy in this country?
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by madjune(m): 2:24pm On Feb 27
One of the lessons learnt from the Biafran war was the sheer ingenuity of the Easterners.

Men and women with no formal training manufactured functional equipment out of nothing.
They made guns, bombs, farm instruments etc.

At the end, did anyone see the value of their talents post civil war Nigeria? Nope.

Their talents were buried and forgotten.

So, who will support this kid?
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Gbeng30(m): 2:34pm On Feb 27
They will not notice you boy, na only a lady with a big yhash fit caught their attention... But I pray God will send you your own helper.
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Erons2000(f): 2:35pm On Feb 27
judatech:
U are a pool for saying dat....senseless idiat
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Erons2000(f): 2:37pm On Feb 27
EreluRoz:
First time I'm seeing something good from a young Benin boy

It has always been cult and rival cult attacks we read about them
Ur people dat are skull miners and rapist we don't attack U people....pools

1 Like

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Epurogonogono(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27
jeromestarks:
These dul.lards should be constructing something new. They should be inventing. What's the point in constructing something that already exists?
It's not like he found one fault in the existing catarpiller and improved it ooo. He just made something of lower quality. Why take humanity backwards?

That's how one idi.ot in sokoto constructed a stu.pid car. One car that's not even upto Honda standard. What nonsense is this?

Even though I agree with you that new things should be invented to solve real life problems. I must tell you that this is just a boy with limited resource.

How many people can actually assemble this at his age?

I'm sure that if given the proper education and resource, he might eventually be be involved in the invention of something new or innovate something that solves problems.

The boy surely has potential. There's a proverb about little beginnings, I'm sure you've heard of it.
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by 007Marvel(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27
judatech:

STFU! there's more good news in Benin than wherever you are from or live!
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by 007Marvel(m): 3:03pm On Feb 27
Lovelife433:
First time hearing good news from this State. Now to the topic , someone should discouraged that young man from such on profitable adventure. Dis zoo of a country will kill his career.

Tell us one good News from Nigeria as whole? My family lives in Edo, I grew up in Edo state and I can tell you for a fact that Edo state is better than more than 20 other Nigerian states!

1 Like

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by seanery: 3:09pm On Feb 27
See hw hi. Collect d money dey do lik begger, dey do lik almajiri.
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by viodemus: 3:32pm On Feb 27
EleventhWeirdo:

See daydreaming cheesy. Between Edo and Iboland, which is greater?

abeg waka pass. Una reach?
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by dominique(f): 3:34pm On Feb 27
jeromestarks:

One of the few times I will ever agree with you
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Truths9ja: 3:38pm On Feb 27
Unfortunately this talented boy is in unfortunate country
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by gabrielmorinho(m): 3:52pm On Feb 27
judatech:

Very true bro. Your head dey your neck. All I do hear about Benin is
(1) Yahoo+
(2) cultism
(3) Armed robbery and killings

1 Like

Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by jeromestarks: 3:58pm On Feb 27
dominique:

One of the few times I will ever agree with you
I like you too.
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by jeromestarks: 4:02pm On Feb 27
Epurogonogono:

Even though I agree with you that new things should be invented to solve real life problems. I must tell you that this is just a boy with limited resource.

How many people can actually assemble this at his age?

I'm sure that if given the proper education and resource, he might eventually be be involved in the invention of something new or innovate something that solves problems.

The boy surely has potential. There's a proverb about little beginnings, I'm sure you've heard of it.
My friend will you shut up!
Elon musk recently gathered children of age 7-10 in a classroom and challenged them to find a problem in space rockets and provide solutions to it.

These children will identify a problem or shortcommings in the a rocket and suggest ways to improve it or totally solve it. But you're here telling me about a boy who did nothing! Absolutely nothing!
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by jeromestarks: 4:04pm On Feb 27
JuanDeDios:

It's not this serious really. Except you're talking to awon "government should sponsor him!" This is just a kid making toys for him and his playmates to play with.
Better.
Then it shouldn't have become a news then. Let's blame the mods who put this on frontpage.
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by Oakenshield: 4:18pm On Feb 27
Absolute rubbish. We keep on celebrating trash all in the name of social media,don't we have caterpillars working everywhere around the world? So how is this an invention? When last did we see a European child show case such toys.

Omo we need to do better
Re: Benin Boy Constructs A Caterpillar (Video, Pictures) by gozieadewale4: 4:19pm On Feb 27
😎😂😎😂...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amazing Halos Of The Sun Captured By A Nairalander / Baby Elephant Cries For Five Hours After Mother Tried To Kill Him / 5 Biggest Technology Myths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.